Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,207 members, 7,829,318 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? (100819 Views)

US Shares Relief Materials To Nigerians In China Thrown Into The Streets / Nigerians In Diaspora Should Learn Good Behavior. / Obalende BRT Park: Bad Maintenance Culture Or Sheer Wickedness? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by Lexusgs430: 1:20am On Apr 29, 2017
kretoz:
Please pals, I heard health workers make it easier in USA, but my cousin a Dr who married a Nigerian guy who lives abroad and who has been there for 6 yrs came back and she doesn't plan going back, her presence shattered my idea of traveling out, please can someone clarify me cos I don't know how to ask her what happened since she looked malnourished and stressed out

You have to ask her...... You sure say she no carry HIV?
Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by sisisioge: 1:20am On Apr 29, 2017
zumbigbo:
Another big issue is what mentality will Nigerians have when they arrive in wonderland. Nigeria is a dysfunctional entity and breeds a dysfunctional mindset. Are the new arrivals willing to re-set their brains to change in a positive manner. Seen many naija people travel abroad and continue with their 'do or die' mindset and end up in a tight situation. The reason you want to leave is deeper than skin deep.

Well Oga, I suppose you didn't leave from here. You were already born there, right? Well done.
Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by Nobody: 1:21am On Apr 29, 2017
Ralphlauren:

I won't completely doubt his story.

A former colleague moved to a Swiss private bank (in a developed country) as a senior VP and as part of his employment package, he got a fully furnished apartment and a brand new SUV (but without a personal driver).

I won't be surprised if a more senior staff member had the same perks but with a personal driver.

Cc. Bjhaid

This guy travelled on a K1 visa 4 years ago
Got a job that offered him a car and driver? Like CFCman....I want that job please. I will happily apply and relocate anytime cool

I have enjoyed fully furnished accommodation as well and nice cars but never a driver. Plus the only reason I got the benefits was because I worked in a regional town. These regional towns will do anything to keep you because no one wants to live there for long.

Moved back to city who dash me car and furnished accommodation? undecided when they are more experienced people in my field riding train/driving to work.

I be CEO? undecided

7 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by 4dor: 1:21am On Apr 29, 2017
kretoz:
Please pals, I heard health workers make it easier in USA, but my cousin a Dr who married a Nigerian guy who lives abroad and who has been there for 6 yrs came back and she doesn't plan going back, her presence shattered my idea of traveling out, please can someone clarify me cos I don't know how to ask her what happened since she looked malnourished and stressed out

She probably didn't pass her exam.
Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by Nobody: 1:22am On Apr 29, 2017
sukkot:
exactly bro. and you are right living in the west is very expensive especially if you have children. thats the worst. when you have children you are trapped in western hell LOL. YOUR LIFE IS OVER grin grin

Tell me about it!

Your kids would be involved in one extra-curricula activity or the other, and you would have to drive them to those events. That's why most people, here, have a maximum of 3 kids. I know many Nigerian couples who stopped at one or two kids.

Till now, I still do not understand how my sister copes with her 5 kids.

2 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by grandstar(m): 1:22am On Apr 29, 2017
bebe2:
This is getting annoying , how come each time a person is asking for directions on how to travel abroad most pple in diaspora will be discouraging the person.

If it's dat terrible why are u still there?

You enjoy the benefits of living in an organised society, knowing fully well that naija is a difficult place to live.

Are u scared of the competition the new immigrants will bring?

Nigerians in diaspora , what exactly are u afraid off??

Before going further, let me asj you a few question

Imagine you were going to America:

1. what documents do you need to get a good job?

2. What is the minimum wage of the city you will like to stay?

3. What kind of accommodation will be available to you and how much will it cost?

4. How soon will you get a job and what job do you hope to do there?

5. Where do you see yourself in 10years time in that America ?

6. The state you would like to stay in, is it temperate or tropical and which is your preference?

4 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by Lexusgs430: 1:24am On Apr 29, 2017
sisisioge:

Eeehhhh! Na Opebi that one dey abi na Vegas gangan? Biko if na the latter, let me go and wash and wear my bum short follow o. By the way, I saw all your none children in church yesterday... Area father grin

Yes o, Vegas corner of sheraton. Make sure say nah that white bum short you wear come o........
None-children ke? Na spiritual children we get nah? Area Mama....
Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by salford: 1:25am On Apr 29, 2017
kretoz:
well. u can only ask her what went wrong...could be so many things...i am thinking she did not also pass her evaluating exams or secure a residency training that would enable her practice in the US
Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by Lexusgs430: 1:25am On Apr 29, 2017
salford:

You are right...and it is untaxed if not through an agency.

You oversabi the parole.... You sure say u no wan confess?
Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by sukkot: 1:27am On Apr 29, 2017
CFCman:

Tell me about it!

Your kids would be involved in one extra-curricula activity or the other, and you would have to drive them to those events. That's why most people, here, have a maximum of 3 kids. I know many Nigerian couples who stopped at one or two kids.

Till now, I still do not understand how my sister copes with her 5 kids.
Too many obligations and demand on your time. and also unless you want to have unhappy angry children you have to keep up with the trends of their classmates so they dont get laughed at in school. you have to buy them air jordans and yeezys and designer clothes and iphones and kindle and ipads and mac-books etc etcc or else the kids will laugh at them. then all their activities. doctors appointment for shots etc etc. nanny fees if they are small, babysitter etc etc. ITS HELL BRO LOL. YOU ARE TRAPPED FOREVER. JUST SAY GOODBYE TO YOUR LIFE. YA SISTER DEY TRY BUT I AM SURE SHE NOT SHARING HER SORROWS WITH YOU THO

6 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by factwriter(m): 1:27am On Apr 29, 2017
Hoodfriend:

I'm thinking of traveling out, can 400k, take me to Dubai please?
Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by sisisioge: 1:27am On Apr 29, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Yes o, Vegas corner of sheraton. Make sure say nah that white bum short you wear come o........
None-children ke? Na spiritual children we get nah? Area Mama....

You be correct Lagos map...no wonder your maruwa moves well. Make I go wash the short then...goodest morning.
Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by Nobody: 1:28am On Apr 29, 2017
4dor:

She probably didn't pass her exam.
I doubt it because she is very intelligent, she is very brilliant, everyone in the family knows how brilliant she is, she was the best graduating Medical student in Uni zik then, I also have a close relative who happens to be a nurse, she went to UK about 8 months ago and I've always chatted her up but she said she hasn't gotten a job yet.I'm really curious.
Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by factwriter(m): 1:30am On Apr 29, 2017
Hoodfriend:

I'm thinking of traveling out, can 400k, take me to Dubai please?

Maybe 500k. but what you seriously need to understand is that Dubai is not like America or UK.

you must have a legal status to get a average decent job which most times is between SECURITY WORK and PROFESSIONAL DRIVING.

Any other field of employment outside this (if at all exist for Nigerians) is best researched through the internet before you depart.

Without a job or allowance in Dubai you're toast.

9 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by grandstar(m): 1:30am On Apr 29, 2017
bebe2:

Bro bad experience dey everywhere,

Abroad own there is hope atleast. Naija can be hopeless oo

I have seen pple born , raised and died in abject porverty.

And you think there is no serious poverty in rich countries?

3 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by Nobody: 1:31am On Apr 29, 2017
salford:

well. u can only ask her what went wrong...could be so many things...i am thinking she did not also pass her evaluating exams or secure a residency training that would enable her practice in the US
Thanks, I doubt she failed but I don't want to ask her cause she looked so depressed and ashamed and she is about 9 or 8yrs older than me, I'm really curious to know what happened but I doubt she will consider replying me
Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by factwriter(m): 1:31am On Apr 29, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Not all housemaids are live in housemaids....... So some of them still pay bills......

I mean imported housemaids (omo odo)
Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by AreaFada2: 1:32am On Apr 29, 2017
4dor:

How come most of the people you know have negative stories? Looool

Because most people actually begin with negative stories. Even myself. But most never get a chance to pursue their dreams because they just strive to survive daily.
As written in several posts here already. Beginning as a teenager as I did have a certain leeway to later cope better: enough energy, to try to adapt, and still have time to spend donkeys years in school, while working alongside. Falling asleep in class, lab, etc sometimes.

But seeing a 39 years old man/woman planning to abandon fairly ok life in 9ja is heartbreaking.

We Africans always talk of grace & individual luck, etc. The West that we're talking about do not live their lives by chance. It is concrete planning decades ahead that makes the society work. Not because each person here has three heads or spend the whole day in church. Concrete planning. Both state & individuals plan seriously.

You will never understand though. Just try it yourself first. Experience is the best teacher.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by Nobody: 1:33am On Apr 29, 2017
Lexusgs430:

You have to ask her...... You sure say she no carry HIV?
If she's HIV positive, she won't need to come back cos US will be the best place for her and moreover she came back with her husband
Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by Lexusgs430: 1:33am On Apr 29, 2017
sisisioge:

You be correct Lagos map...no wonder your maruwa moves well. Make I go wash the short then...goodest morning.

Morning Darling, yes o. I have some keke's parked around the corner for hire (so all those randy people, can finish what they started).......

NB: This one wey u just wan wash the bum short, if I no see you, nah karashika + me tonight be that o (ponkiriyon on tap).......
Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by Bollinger(m): 1:33am On Apr 29, 2017
bebe2:
This is getting annoying , how come each time a person is asking for directions on how to travel abroad most pple in diaspora will be discouraging the person.

If it's dat terrible why are u still there?

You enjoy the benefits of living in an organised society, knowing fully well that naija is a difficult place to live.

Are u scared of the competition the new immigrants will bring?

Nigerians in diaspora , what exactly are u afraid off??

Who is discouraging you? I beg come jare. Too much enjoyment.

1 Like

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by factwriter(m): 1:33am On Apr 29, 2017
Lexusgs430:

How would you relate your concept to a dish? In Yorkshire, Yorkshire pudding is local dish.
While in Nigeria, Yorkshire pudding is an international dish........

Thank you for further driving home my point.

1 Like

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by 4dor: 1:34am On Apr 29, 2017
kretoz:
I doubt it because she is very intelligent, she is very brilliant, everyone in the family knows how brilliant she is, she was the best graduating Medical student in Uni zik then, I also have a close relative who happens to be a nurse, she went to UK about 8 months ago and I've always chatted her up but she said she hasn't gotten a job yet.I'm really curious.

I've seen brilliant people that failed that exam so it's possible. If there is one thing I'm sure of, Doctors and Software Engineers have the highest number of professionals leaving Nigeria right now. As for your Nurse relative, is she through with her certification? If she passed there's no way she will be unemployed.

6 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by Lexusgs430: 1:35am On Apr 29, 2017
kretoz:
If she's HIV positive, she won't need to come back cos US will be the best place for her and moreover she came back with her husband

Ok. I just dey wonder...... Maybe the stress or the cold. I hear say and from contents of this thread, e be like say stress and cold plenty for yonder.....
Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by Lexusgs430: 1:37am On Apr 29, 2017
kretoz:

A nurse in the UK jobless? And you are sure she knows her onions from her tramadol?

NB: She no wan make you begin ask her for money.....

5 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by Nobody: 1:37am On Apr 29, 2017
4dor:

I've seen brilliant people that failed that exam so it's possible. If there is one thing I'm sure of, Doctors and Software Engineers have the highest number of professionals leaving Nigeria right now. As for your Nurse relative, is she through with her certification? If she passed there's no way she will be unemployed.
Thanks a lot for the clarification but I won't come ooo, let me hustle hear first then if it no work, I will fly come US lol

2 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by Nobody: 1:38am On Apr 29, 2017
Lexusgs430:

A nurse in the UK jobless? And you are sure she knows her onions from her tramadol?
she's been there for about 8 now

1 Like

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by sisisioge: 1:38am On Apr 29, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Morning Darling, yes o. I have some keke's parked around the corner for hire (so all those randy people, can finish what they started).......

NB: This one wey u just wan wash the bum short, if I no see you, nah karashika + me tonight be that o (ponkiriyon on tap).......

grin grin wetin be ponkiriyon? Dey go sef, I no follow again. Gambling no dey my blood...this I realized thanks to MMM cool
Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by Lexusgs430: 1:39am On Apr 29, 2017
factwriter:

Thank you for further driving home my point.

A little help in the right direction, is usually required at certain times.
OP might still counter my assertions though. Let's wait and see......
Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by Lexusgs430: 1:40am On Apr 29, 2017
kretoz:
she's been there for about 8 now

She no wan make u begin ask her for her hard earned £'s.....
She dey do you ojoro.....

3 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by homirefacuny(m): 1:41am On Apr 29, 2017
[quote author=salford post=56007688]
And you think 40k is bad. You are even lucky you have a job that pays that much...

And who told you jobs are in abundance overseas...lol
My friend with a msc in proj management from a UK uni applied to Mcdonald 7 times, yet he was rejected..despite that i helped pushed good reference on his behalf as i worked there at that time... This was after he could not get jobs in his profession. He eventually returned to Nigeria where he now works in an NGO.

In Canada, i have met graduates from Canadian Uni working in walmart as cashiers/stockers. Some cant even get jobs at all and are trapped with student loan debts running into thousanda of dollars.
I dont think you know how hard and low paying McD and walmart jobs are. Do you? I worked mcd in Uk, got my palm burnt by bread toaster on my occasions, walmart job when i came to Canada and broke my wrist lifting huge boxes and spent months visiting physios, labour job where i hit my thumb with a sledge hammer despite all my degrees from naija and the UK...Dont let me even get started with the ex pwc, mtns, nlng, doctors, accountants e.t.c that i know working shit jobs in Canada.. yet someone like you would get angry at me if i was your uncle and didnt send you money or help like in your thread...lol.

U can come abroad ooo..no one is gonna discourage you...but its also good to prepare your mind that the first 3-7 years would be tough "if you came in legally" so you need to have your mind prepared. If you come in illegally, that is even worse..Imo, it's good to let people know what they are getting into....
The positive vibe to it is that after the years of sacrifice if you can slug it out, then you shall reap the reward of abroad.[/quote]
GBAM that's the difference na.

2 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerians In Diaspora, Is This Wickedness Or Selfishness? by Benekruku(m): 1:42am On Apr 29, 2017
kretoz:

Sniff her! She might be deep into drugs. Not necessarily ice, crack, glass, molly e.t.c, but some other prescription tabs.

Just saying......

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (28) (Reply)

US Shares Relief Materials To Nigerians In China Thrown Into The Streets / Which Country Can I Relocate To With 6million / Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.