Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,193 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

Yar’adua's Return - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yar’adua's Return (1072 Views)

Yar’adua : I Owe Public No Explanation – Oyedepo / Jonathan Visits Late Yar’Adua’s Family & Emir Of Katsina During Rally (Photos) / Odili: How Jonathan Displaced Me As Yar’adua’s Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yar’adua's Return by Nobody: 8:20am On Jan 06, 2010
President Umaru Musa Yar'Adua yesterday called key government officials, including Vice-President Goodluck Jonathan, on phone and spoke with them on key national issues, his Chief Economic Adviser, Mallam Tanimu Yakubu, informed NIGERIANHOME last night. According to Yakubu, it is the passage of the anti-terrorism bill which Yar’Adua forwarded to the National Assembly in October 2009.

The importance of the bill now is obviously highlighted by the recent alleged attempt by a Nigerian sucide bomber, Umar Farouk AbdulMutallab, to bomb an American air craft.
This incident has led to the blacklisting of Nigeria by the US authorities as a “country of interest” in its global war against terrorism.

“In my discussion with him,” Yakubu told NIGERIANHOME, “he directed me to get the Attorney-General to intensify lobby for the passage of the anti-terrorism bill by the National Assembly which the President forwarded to the Senate and the Federal House of Representatives early October. He said that he would like it to be the first bill he assents to on his return to Nigeria .”

Yakubu was not specific on the date the President would return, but he was obviously excited to inform the newspaper that the President’s health has improved considerably since he left Nigeria on November 23, 2009, to attend to his health in Saudi Arabia .
“The President's health condition has substantially improved. In the last week, I have spoken to him on telephone countless number of times. Our conversations every time lasted more than five minutes. Mr. President also told me that he spoke to Vice President Goodluck Jonathan twice in the last five days,” he said.

He also confirmed reports circulating last night that the President had spoken with Senate President David Mark and House Speaker Dimeji Bankole on the phone.

“I also spoke to the President this evening after he had spoken to these leaders who have continuously held the forte for him,” Yakubu added.
Meanwhile, the governors elected on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) yesterday met in Abuja to discuss national issues, specifically the health of the President amidst pressure by human rights activists and lawyers that the true health status of the President should be made public and his position declared vacant.

Kwara State Governor, Dr. Bukola Saraki, told reporters at the end of the meeting early this morning that the governors were very satisfied with reports on the health of the President and would stand by the application of the constitution in all circumstances.
The governors will meet with the Vice-President this morning at the Presidential Villa to discuss the outcome of their meeting.

source:Nigerianhome.co.nr
Re: Yar’adua's Return by dominique(f): 9:40am On Jan 06, 2010
bla bla bla, all that is here-say. it could be anybody on the phone. give us visual evidence. . . seeing is believing
Re: Yar’adua's Return by Nobody: 11:48am On Jan 06, 2010
they say seeing is believing. but in this case, believe without seeing.
Re: Yar’adua's Return by Willyblinks(m): 2:50pm On Jan 06, 2010
Yaradua's return said to be another ruse from the kitchen cabinet just like the signing stuff read more

www.saharareporter.com/news/4748-as-legal-fireworks-open-in-abuja-yaraduas-return-not-imminent-kitchen-cabinet-begins-to-unravel.html

why cant we just get the truth for once from these officials in politics?
Re: Yar’adua's Return by netpro(m): 10:02pm On Jan 06, 2010
View the list of these lies for over 40 days on this . https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-377035.0.html#msg5262420
Re: Yar’adua's Return by oderemo(m): 10:31pm On Jan 06, 2010
I
also spoke to the President this evening after he had spoken to these leaders who have continuously held the forte for him,” Yakubu added.

so does my late father. bullshit. cool cool cool
Re: Yar’adua's Return by Jamiee: 6:11am On Jan 07, 2010
In this type of situation all we have to do as good Nigerians is to kneel down and pray for his safe return.
Re: Yar’adua's Return by netpro(m): 6:54am On Jan 07, 2010
Jamiee:

In this type of situation all we have to do as good Nigerians is to kneel down and pray for his safe return.

Gbam! But wait, now we need more Answers than prayers in this country.

Here we go, WHERE IS MR PRESIDENT?
Re: Yar’adua's Return by Jamiee: 1:24pm On Jan 07, 2010
That is a question I have been asking my self. Where is MR President?
Re: Yar’adua's Return by ud4u: 1:46pm On Jan 07, 2010
Who was there when he called, the lying politicians. Let them video him so that we will be sure is the true

What is the hiding all about?
Re: Yar’adua's Return by ChapelleS: 1:52pm On Jan 07, 2010
All this fuss,let him land at the Airport we are waiting,there is an elaborate ceremony to receive him.He is not a visiting president.This is his country.He is supposed to be here since.
Re: Yar’adua's Return by MAYOWAAK: 2:16pm On Jan 07, 2010
Jamiee:

That is a question I have been asking my self. Where is MR President?

THAT SOUNDS TO ME LIKE TITLE OF A YET TO BE RELEASED FILM BY NOLLYWOOD.
Re: Yar’adua's Return by Nobody: 8:37am On Jan 08, 2010
This is a very critical situation.
Re: Yar’adua's Return by Jamiee: 6:43pm On Jan 08, 2010
Saudi doctors are still claiming to be with Yaradua,
Re: Yar’adua's Return by Nobody: 12:48am On Jan 09, 2010
The Legend of yaradua is Not real,

(1) (Reply)

Osunbor Exposes Ex-godfather: Anenih Is Fake / Iran President’s Comments In Nigeria Cause Stir At Un / Ogun Assembly Crisis: G15 Passes Vote Of 'no Confidence' On State Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.