Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,162 members, 7,818,534 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:09 PM

2015 Election: How Chidoka, Adoke, Dudafa Convinced Jonathan to Concede Victory - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015 Election: How Chidoka, Adoke, Dudafa Convinced Jonathan to Concede Victory (20707 Views)

Hashim Suleiman: Ganduje’s Aide Resigns Over His Refusal To Concede Defeat / Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 / 2015: "How I Convinced Jonathan To Concede To Buhari" - Okonjo Iweala Reveals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2015 Election: How Chidoka, Adoke, Dudafa Convinced Jonathan to Concede Victory by signz: 10:32am On Apr 28, 2017
GEJ is a hero.

Lets imagine what could've happened if he didn't concede defeat.

Fulani herdsmen terrorists who are in almost all the bushes in every state would've taken us unawares and unleashed an unspeakable genocide innocent citizens.

Mass killings of Christians in the north.

And of course a highly motivated Boko Haram.

Even with all these scenario, average Nigeria politician wouldn't have agreed to step down. Lemme just name a few Niger Delta politicians.

Peter Odili won't step down

Ibori will simply move Aso Rock from Abuja to Oghara. Will rule from there.

I can swear that Amaechi won't step down even if you tell him that Fulani have besieged Ubima.

Or is it Wike? That one won't step down even if Obama threatens to send 1000 F-35's to bomb Nigeria out of existence.

An average Niger Deltan will see it as an opportunity to divide Nigeria.
Re: 2015 Election: How Chidoka, Adoke, Dudafa Convinced Jonathan to Concede Victory by Adebowale89(m): 10:38am On Apr 28, 2017
I don't blame GEJ neither PMB but the delusional Nigerian youths who felt they are doing anybody favour by drawing parallel battle btw themselves that makes this man look like hero

all those nonsense of saving people from bloodshed is no where different from this recession we are encountering today

they shud save us this sympathetic talk, 2019 shall judge if we had learn from our mistake
Re: 2015 Election: How Chidoka, Adoke, Dudafa Convinced Jonathan to Concede Victory by bishopjoe02(m): 10:51am On Apr 28, 2017
kahal29:

Shee?

Do you know the worth of Jonathan, He have be in Government all his life, from duty to the highest position in Nigeria, his current allowance alone can buy all your village
Re: 2015 Election: How Chidoka, Adoke, Dudafa Convinced Jonathan to Concede Victory by IKEOHA2019: 11:00am On Apr 28, 2017
HungerBAD:
Nothing special here.

He lost and he conceded. What exactly is heroic about that?it is like saying you slept with a Scarlett lady unprotected,and then got infected with Stds,and then you start praising yourself that you went to the hospital to treat yourself.

There is nothing worth praising here. It is just the right thing to do.

It is just that those seeing Jonathan's concession as something big,are those born in the Choco-Milo generation and not aware of how democratic Institutions or societies work.

Never shall we ever allow a thief,married to a female thief,that will bring in their thieving kinsmen and militants,and surrounded by thousands of thieves at once (PDP) near Aso Rock again.

Never again.

Let the Dull.ard that is vegetating in Aso rock resign or should i say concede.
Re: 2015 Election: How Chidoka, Adoke, Dudafa Convinced Jonathan to Concede Victory by mannyiyke: 11:43am On Apr 28, 2017
newbornmacho:

How do democratic institutions and societies work? By enlisting underaged voters in the millions, threatening violence if things don't go your way? Well its a lesson well learnt. Jonathan conceded and is now being harassed, the alternative always was to resist the conspiracy and damn the consequences. The consequences might have been better than this charade of a government, lessons have been learnt I say. Let's move on and wait for another day.

This shows that the election was rigged. If not because of those Northern sheep in Wolves' clothing that claimed to be Jonathan's loyalists who connived with Jega and rigged the election, Jonathan could have won. I used to think that Jega is an honourable man but i'm thinking otherwise now. Even the fmr PDP chairman, Adamu Muazu, and most of the Northern governors orchestrated the plan and brought it into fruition. I could remember after the presidential election when the Bauchi State governor warned parents to hold their under-aged children from voting that the presidential election had gone. This shows he connived with them in order to oust Jonathan and install Buhari. This was a collective Northern People's conspiracy (NPC). In the East, they prevented under-aged from coming close to the election arena. This world is wicked!

Buhari should confess and ask for God's mercy 'cos he is not a man of integrity as we were made to believe. I even foolishly supported him against Jonathan without knowing that he too would be a failure. Jonathan did an honourable thing by conceding defeat, even though it was glaring the election was heavily rigged in the North. He is a statesman.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Election: How Chidoka, Adoke, Dudafa Convinced Jonathan to Concede Victory by mannyiyke: 12:17pm On Apr 28, 2017
[quote author=littlewonders post=55990729]

Gospel truth Jonathan was clueless
Too weak to act as a determine president
Allow monsters to infiltrate his administration

Whatever the country is passing through now is cause as a result of Jonathan's incapability to stand decisions.

Let him face the music![/quote

It's not true that Jonathan caused the problem the country is passing through now. It's Buhari that caused it. In fact, the economy was better when he left but Buhari worsened it through wrong policies and advice. He spent more than six months looking for saints that would be his ministers. The remaining money left in the treasury, he used it to travel up and down the globe and ended up achieving nothing from those foreign trips he foolishly made. He even destroyed our image abroad that made the fmr prime minister of Britain say that "Nigerians are fantastically corrupt". U didn't remember these ones. If Jonathan was clueless, Buhari was and is a million times more clueless than he. What is the country passing through, now that ur man is there? Is Buhari not too weak to act as a president now? What has he achieved economically and infrastructurally in almost two years in office? Was it not Buhari who once said that Jonathan's fight against boko haram was anti-North? But now in the saddle, he changed his mind and said that Dasuki shared d money earmarked for boko haram fight, which led to loss of lives. But this was a man who, by his utterances then, showed that he was tribalistic and troublesome. Was it not Buhari that incited Almajiris to kill people after the 2011 election, and this led to loss of lives of youth corps members mostly from the Southern part of the country?
Re: 2015 Election: How Chidoka, Adoke, Dudafa Convinced Jonathan to Concede Victory by Daplux4: 12:42pm On Apr 28, 2017
HungerBAD:
Nothing special here.

He lost and he conceded. What exactly is heroic about that?it is like saying you slept with a Scarlett lady unprotected,and then got infected with Stds,and then you start praising yourself that you went to the hospital to treat yourself.

It is just that those seeing Jonathan's concession as something big,are those born in the Choco-Milo generation and not aware of how democratic Institutions or societies work.

Never shall we ever allow a thief,married to a female thief,that will bring in their thieving kinsmen and militants,and surrounded by thousands of thieves at once (PDP) near Aso Rock again.

Never again.

calm down, one point I picked​ from ur article is bitterness out of hate.
what gej did was historic Nigerians knew it
let me ask u if gej failed Nigeria, how will u access buhari govt since he took over power probably better abi

1 Like

Re: 2015 Election: How Chidoka, Adoke, Dudafa Convinced Jonathan to Concede Victory by sizzlers(m): 12:52pm On Apr 28, 2017
HungerBAD:
Nothing special here.

Never again.

ewu gambia
Re: 2015 Election: How Chidoka, Adoke, Dudafa Convinced Jonathan to Concede Victory by Boyewu: 12:56pm On Apr 28, 2017
The question here is that did he win or not before we can call him hero for performing his role?

1 Like

Re: 2015 Election: How Chidoka, Adoke, Dudafa Convinced Jonathan to Concede Victory by Dindondin(m): 2:16pm On Apr 28, 2017
HungerBAD:
Nothing special here.

Never again.

No. For the 1st time I see things diff.
I m also an opposition to Jonathan & haven't changed. I remembered Buhari didn't condemn killings of Corpers in the North.
This alone makes GEJ to be diff from PMB.
GEJ may run a corrupt govt but saved lives via conceding defeat. PMB was a sore loser in 2011.

Twist it anyhow, a devil deserves merit if found gracious in an aspect
Re: 2015 Election: How Chidoka, Adoke, Dudafa Convinced Jonathan to Concede Victory by Dollabiz: 3:11pm On Apr 28, 2017
This is over .jonathan is history.why bringing this back

1 Like

Re: 2015 Election: How Chidoka, Adoke, Dudafa Convinced Jonathan to Concede Victory by baralatie(m): 3:19pm On Apr 28, 2017
kahal29:
°°° Ministers knelt, begged Jonathan to concede

... .. . It pointed out that it was in the midst of the confusion that two ministers in Jonathan’s cabinet and Special Assistant on Domestic Affairs went on their knees to beg him to concede so as to steer Nigeria off the path of chaos.

“Kneeling in front of Jonathan were his Attorney-General and Justice Minister, Mr. Mohammed Bello Adoke, SAN; Aviation Minister, Mr. Osita Chidoka and Special Assistant to the President on Domestic Affairs, Mr. Waripamo-Owei Dudafa.

“The mission of the three officials was to persuade Jonathan to call and congratulate his opponent, Major-General Muhammadu Buhari (retd) of the All Progressives Congress (APC), even as the final results were still being collated by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).

“Seated a few metres away in the room were Vice-President Namadi Sambo; Akwa Ibom Governor, Mr. Godswill Akpabio; Executive Secretary of the Nigerian Christian Pilgrims Commission, Mr. John Kennedy Opara and the Co-ordinating Minister for the Economy, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala.

“Chidoka had co-opted Adoke and Dudafa to make the plea after a conversation he had with Jonathan the previous day. The President had acknowledged that the results were going against him and that he was going to concede.

“This was at a period when Nigerians were unsure who would win, with many politicians within the ruling People’s Democratic Party still betting on Jonathan. He meanwhile, has asked Chidoka and a few others, including his spokesman, Dr. Reuben Abati, to give him a draft concession speech.

“The report had it that Jonathan’s mind about the election had been soured by his loyalists that the election had been compromised, particularly in the Northern states, where under-aged voters were allowed to cast millions of votes in favour of his opponent, Buhari.

It said: “With photographic evidence, Jonathan was shown how under-age people were allowed to vote at some polling units in Kano and Bauchi States.

“This inflamed those within the government who were urging Jonathan not to concede, even as it became increasingly clear that he had lost. The general feeling within The Villa, a view fervently shared by Jonathan, was that the INEC Chairman, Prof Attahiru Jega, the INEC Chairman, was part of a “northern conspiracy” against him.

“With that, Jonathan decided to keep all options open. This emboldened some of his supporters who were desperate enough to want to disrupt the election.

“Among the strongest arguments for a potentially-rigged election were the results from Kano State, Jonathan himself admitted,” to the author.

“Go and check the results from Kano. The presidential election and that of National Assembly happened on the same day and same time. The National Assembly result reflected that about 800,000 people voted, but that of the presidential reflected a vote of about 1.8 million.

“It had reports of what happened, but I decided that for such to be accepted, it meant that, those who called themselves my supporters must have colluded. I was betrayed by the very people I relied on to win the election.”

The book, however, revealed that Jonathan, not willing to allow the outcome to lead to bloodshed in any part of the country, opted to accept the result in good faith so as to save the country from trouble.

Quoting Jonathan, the author said:

“In 2011 when Buhari did not campaign anywhere and could not have won the election, there was a spontaneous violent reaction that led to the death of several innocent people, including youth corps members.”

“I asked myself: what would happen in a situation in which there was already internal and international conspiracy in his favour? I could not bear the thought of anybody dying, so I told myself I had only one option and that was to concede.”

Despite the decision to concede, the book points out that there were various plots by his loyalists, including one to kidnap Jega, the INEC boss and returning officer for the election at the collation centre at the International Conference Centre, Abuja.

Part of the script to derail the announcement of Buhari as winner, the book claims, was the attempt by former Niger Minister, Elder Godsday Orubebe, to disrupt proceedings at the INEC collation centre, a spectacle that unfolded on live television.

The book said: “Although he would later apologise for his misadventure, Orubebe’s histrionics were part of a grand plan to disrupt the election, a plot that failed essentially because other parties involved refused to play to the script.”

The book further disclosed:

“While Jega did not have the exact details of what would happen, he had nonetheless been alerted to the fact that there would be a disruption in the process, including a kidnap threat.

“On arrival at the collation centre that morning, we discovered that the gate between the International Conference Centre and NICON Luxury Hotel, which was always locked, had curiously been opened,” the book quoted a security officer detailed to work with Jega.

A decision was immediately taken for the INEC Chairman not to leave the collation hall under any circumstances.

“While the outcome must have deflated the hawks around Jonathan who were still looking for a way out of the looming defeat, it worked in favour of those who wanted him to concede before the final tally of the results.

“With Orubebe’s antics dealt with by Jega, INEC continued to process the results from the remaining states.

“Chidoka pleaded, (with Jonathan) “Why don’t you take the wind off Jega’s sail? By calling Buhari, you would have rendered whatever INEC is doing redundant.”

“This school of thought won the day. At one point, Dudafa stood up and said loudly to Jonathan, “Daddy, anybody can say whatever they like, but we are leaving this house on May 29. You have done your best for Nigeria, and the people will appreciate your sacrifices.”

“Shortly thereafter, Jonathan got up from his seat and went into his study where he picked up the phone and asked ‘Control’ to get Buhari on the line. He spoke briefly with Buhari, in a rather nervous tone, and then came out to announce to those in the room that he had conceded and congratulated the APC candidate on his victory.

“A relieved Chidoka asked, “Can I tell the world?”

“Go ahead,” Jonathan directed, and Chidoka sent out a tweet from his mobile phone at exactly 5.23AM, Nigerian time.

“And with that call, Jonathan pulled Nigeria back from the precipice, saving the country from what would have been a serious crisis, the ending of which nobody could have foretold.

“It was gathered that after the president had conceded some of his loyalists still wanted a desperate fight to stall Buhari from being sworn in as President.

The book quoted then Chairman of PDP, Jonathan’s party, Adamu Muazu, as saying that some persons close to him wanted him to use the hierarchy of the party to contest the outcome of the election and cause avoidable problems for Nigeria and he resisted them.

“After President Jonathan had accepted defeat, congratulated Buhari and the whole world was acclaiming him, some party leaders and-governors now wanted me to release a press statement that would ridicule me before civilized people and cause serious problems for our country,” the PDP National Chairman at the time, Mu’azu, said in the book.

Culled from Vanguard Newspaper

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/04/2015-how-us-worked-with-12-anti-jonathan-govs
GEJ you remained the best president Nigeria has had ever!
I need this book!
No wonder!

1 Like

Re: 2015 Election: How Chidoka, Adoke, Dudafa Convinced Jonathan to Concede Victory by baralatie(m): 3:21pm On Apr 28, 2017
signz:
GEJ is a hero.

Lets imagine what could've happened if he didn't concede defeat.

Fulani herdsmen terrorists who are in almost all the bushes in every state would've taken us unawares and unleashed an unspeakable genocide innocent citizens.

Mass killings of Christians in the north.

And of course a highly motivated Boko Haram.

Even with all these scenario, average Nigeria politician wouldn't have agreed to step down. Lemme just name a few Niger Delta politicians.

Peter Odili won't step down

Ibori will simply move Aso Rock from Abuja to Oghara. Will rule from there.

I can swear that Amaechi won't step down even if you tell him that Fulani have besieged Ubima.

Or is it Wike? That one won't step down even if Obama threatens to send 1000 F-35's to bomb Nigeria out of existence.

An average Niger Deltan will see it as an opportunity to divide Nigeria.
Amaechi step down ke!
he will destroy abuja,arrest buhari in short alienate anybody!
Re: 2015 Election: How Chidoka, Adoke, Dudafa Convinced Jonathan to Concede Victory by Basic123: 4:20pm On Apr 28, 2017
rose54321:
Conceding was heroic no matter how anyone tries to twist It.
You might dislike the person of Jonathan or his policies and governing system, but every rational individual knows it takes courage to concede.

Not to cause trouble, but do y'all really think Mr. Buhari can do same, accept defeat and concede. I might be wrong but I strongly doubt it.

Jonathan averted alot by conceding and if only for that he deserves to be praised and remembered in our history books.

you are right.Concede is concede.
Re: 2015 Election: How Chidoka, Adoke, Dudafa Convinced Jonathan to Concede Victory by BALLOSKI: 1:07am On Apr 29, 2017
newbornmacho:

How do democratic institutions and societies work? By enlisting underaged voters in the millions, threatening violence if things don't go your way? Well its a lesson well learnt. Jonathan conceded and is now being harassed, the alternative always was to resist the conspiracy and damn the consequences. The consequences might have been better than this charade of a government, lessons have been learnt I say. Let's move on and wait for another day.
this system won't give room for such nonsense again, trust me. A nation takes such a nonsense just once in history. History can be repeated, but not everything. We can't have it so wrong by having a thief like Jonathan again.

1 Like

Re: 2015 Election: How Chidoka, Adoke, Dudafa Convinced Jonathan to Concede Victory by EagleNest(m): 5:27am On Apr 29, 2017
rose54321:
Conceding was heroic no matter how anyone tries to twist It.
You might dislike the person of Jonathan or his policies and governing system, but every rational individual knows it takes courage to concede.

Not to cause trouble, but do y'all really think Mr. Buhari can do same, accept defeat and concede. I might be wrong but I strongly doubt it.

Jonathan averted alot by conceding and if only for that he deserves to be praised and remembered in our history books.

Well said. Jonathan showed great strength by conceding. Buhari would likely not.
Re: 2015 Election: How Chidoka, Adoke, Dudafa Convinced Jonathan to Concede Victory by EagleNest(m): 5:35am On Apr 29, 2017
HungerBAD:
Nothing special here.

Never again.

I disagree strongly. Not in third world countries where leadership is lordship and not servantship.

Resignation of ordinary appointment is hard talk more of elected president.

If it was easy OBJ wouldn't be pushing for 3rd term.

I don't like GEJ for anything but he at least salvaged the situation which could have been disaster if he didn't act.
Re: 2015 Election: How Chidoka, Adoke, Dudafa Convinced Jonathan to Concede Victory by GavelSlam: 6:31am On Apr 29, 2017
mannyiyke:

This shows that the election was rigged. If not because of those Northern sheep in Wolves' clothing that claimed to be Jonathan's loyalists who connived with Jega and rigged the election, Jonathan could have won. I used to think that Jega is an honourable man but i'm thinking otherwise now. Even the fmr PDP chairman, Adamu Muazu, and most of the Northern governors orchestrated the plan and brought it into fruition. I could remember after the presidential election when the Bauchi State governor warned parents to hold their under-aged children from voting that the presidential election had gone. This shows he connived with them in order to oust Jonathan and install Buhari. This was a collective Northern People's conspiracy (NPC). In the East, they prevented under-aged from coming close to the election arena. This world is wicked!

Buhari should confess and ask for God's mercy 'cos he is not a man of integrity as we were made to believe. I even foolishly supported him against Jonathan without knowing that he too would be a failure. Jonathan did an honourable thing by conceding defeat, even though it was glaring the election was heavily rigged in the North. He is a statesman.

So if northerners with the collusion of Jonathan's deputies decided to oust Jonathan how is that rigging?
Re: 2015 Election: How Chidoka, Adoke, Dudafa Convinced Jonathan to Concede Victory by Nobody: 7:02am On Apr 29, 2017
Almaiga:
This book just exposed how pained GEJ was all this while. All those heroic statements about him conceiving defeat is now gone. Now that we know what his evil plans where.
He has to be begged all night before he conceive defeat. All those Awards that was given to him after the election should be withdrawn.
wie is buhari today?

Karma is bitcj

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Seyi Makinde Flouts Quarantine Act, Attends Event A Day After Returning From US / ISWAP Fighters Raid Borno Hospital, Set Telecoms Mast On Fire / Reno Omokri's Facts Versus Fiction: The True Story Of The Jonathan Years Trends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.