Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,184 members, 7,867,431 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 03:57 PM

Teacher Or Cheater? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Teacher Or Cheater? (298 Views)

See What A 7 Years Old Sunday School Boy Asked His Teacher / Grace Is Our Teacher, Not The Ten Commandments - Olamide Obire / Some Of The Beliefs Of Disciples Of Jesus As Taught By Jesus,the Teacher (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Teacher Or Cheater? by Nobody: 6:26am On Apr 28, 2017
*CAC LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL...*
*Date:* FRIDAY, APRIL 28, 2017

*Topic:* TEACHER OR CHEATER?
*Read:* JAMES 3:1-12

*MEMORISE:* _Not many of you should presume to be teachers, my brothers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly._ *(James 3:1)*

*EXPOSITION*
Secular Pedagogy opines that unless there is a change in the learner's behaviour, teaching has not taken place. In the spiritual context, unless our church members change positively, we have not really preached/taught! *(Ephesians 4:11-13)*. We all can see the results of those taught by Jesus!

Interestingly, in teaching, whether secularly or sacredly, the teacher's practical life also teaches, implicitly or explicitly. The teacher's way of life (behaviour, attitude, relationships, interaction, association, etc.) goes a long way to influence his/her pupils. A teacher that is ignorant of this is actually not a teacher, but a cheater! How? By denying the learner's of the opportunity to know how to live rightly, in line with God's Word.

Our Scripture reading for today doesn't only harp on teacher's in the church, but all true Christians who speak God's Word. Do you just teach, speak and preach, without practising? Are you sure the tendency, *_‘do-what-I-say-and-not-what-I-do_*, is not eroding your integrity? Go to the Lord for forgiveness, confessing your sins, and be determined to do the Lord's will. May God help us. A teachers challenge: _The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you_ *(Philippians 4:9)*.

*PRAYER POINTS:*
*1.* Lord Jesus, I refuse to be guilty of what I teach/ speak/ preach. Amen.
*2.* Lord, deliver the Church from false teachers (better called cheaters) who are sweeping the sheep away, in the name of modernisation.
*3.* Lord, help the Church to be awake to the ministry of the Word of truth.

*EXTRA READING FOR TODAY:* 1 Corinthians 11

*Author:* CAC WORLDWIDE
Remain Blessed!

(1) (Reply)

Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional For Today / If He Is The Alpha And Omega....??? / Today Catholics Worldwide Celebrate Our Lady Of The Rosary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.