Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,229 members, 7,829,393 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:01 AM

My Academics Or My Source Of Livelihood - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Academics Or My Source Of Livelihood (640 Views)

Seeking Help Concerning My Academics - Please Come To My Aid / Help! Am Having Issues With My Academics. / This is My Academics Story, It's Just For Motivation. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Academics Or My Source Of Livelihood by natedroid: 7:50am On Apr 28, 2017
Re: My Academics Or My Source Of Livelihood by Nobody: 8:04am On Apr 28, 2017
I would advise you borrow money and use the car as collateral as opposed to selling the car. That way, you can keep your cab and work with it to pay the debt.

Look for people who borrow out cash with little interest and once they see that you have a collateral, they'll be willing to loan you.

Hope that was helpful.

2 Likes

Re: My Academics Or My Source Of Livelihood by lilmaydee(m): 8:43am On Apr 28, 2017
blackberlin:
I would advise you borrow money and use the car as collateral as opposed to selling the car. That way, you can keep your cab and work with it to pay the debt.

Look for people who borrow out cash with little interest and once they see that you have a collateral, they'll be willing to loan you.

Hope that was helpful.
Nice one! Op follow this advice. In addition, please becareful who you approach for the loan because some people will pray you don't meet the deadline so as to confiscate your car. May God help you.
Re: My Academics Or My Source Of Livelihood by natedroid: 8:51am On Apr 28, 2017
blackberlin:

Hope that was helpful.

Will the money lender allow me to work with the car if I use it as collateral?
The few money lenders that I am familiar with usually would want to hold the collateral until debt is paid off
Re: My Academics Or My Source Of Livelihood by Nobody: 9:32am On Apr 28, 2017
natedroid:

Will the money lender allow me to work with the car if I use it as collateral?
The few money lenders that I am familiar with usually would want to hold the collateral until debt is paid off

Using a car as collateral doesn't mean the person will collect the keys from you immediately, it's the documents they'll collect and you sign an agreement. Just make sure you agree on a payback period not less than 6 months, so that you can easily pay the loan and have something to sustain yourself. All the best.

1 Like

Re: My Academics Or My Source Of Livelihood by natedroid: 2:38pm On May 06, 2017
Re: My Academics Or My Source Of Livelihood by Nobody: 3:13pm On May 11, 2017
natedroid:
I am yet to secure a loan from any money lender, I already missed fours exams and I have been hustling morning till night driving on the road. I want to believe that I could save up the money I need for my tuition in 6 weeks but it's really difficult because that means I drive for long hours every day which isn't good for my car. I hope I don't get kicked out of the department before the next semester begins. The road has not been easy for me. I mean, No spouse, an incompleted university degree, no support from any source. I am all alone struggling to make it.

I understand how you feel brother, but you need to man up and stop complaining. Life is full of challenges and what makes a champion is his desire to overcome obstacles.

Perhaps you should find a way to defer your admission or something. You can go to your department or admissions office and explain what happened to them, I believe it shouldn't lead to an automatic kick-out from school. They'll be considerate with you.

It is well. Don't forget to pray too. Shalom.
Re: My Academics Or My Source Of Livelihood by natedroid: 11:40pm On Jun 05, 2017
Update.

Wow , it's been more than a month now since I started hustling to raise funds for my tuition and am happy to report that I have cleared the school fees payment I owed , I don't know how I did it or where I got the energy from but I saved over a 100k in 30 days from my campus cab business

I am happy I didn't sale my car or take up a loan from money lenders
I still got my ride intact , tuition is settled and business goes on as usual but I intend slowing down a bit so I don't over stress myself , the only downside is the exams I missed last semester.

Hard work pays I must say and I am thankful to the Most High for giving me the strength to hustle hard legitimately and I can now see the light at the end of the tunnel . The future is appears brighter.

#keep hope alive and never give up#

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Iconic Group / Lalasti.clala Enter Here,we Have A Case(others Keep Off) / Is Oxygen As Harmless As We Think?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.