Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,470 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:36 AM

the truth about forex trading - Adverts - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Adverts / the truth about forex trading (1357 Views)

Pls I Really Need Info About Forex.. / Tips About Forex Brokers Investment / Let's Talk About Forex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

the truth about forex trading by tundefx: 10:56am On Jan 06, 2010
The first thing we need to talk about is risk. I’ve put this topic in at the very beginning because it is the most important. Yes, more important than your trading system and your indicators, or whatever,
I have NEVER, repeat NEVER, seen anyone become consistently successful without exercising deligent risk management. Gamblers only get lucky for a while. Sometimes for weeks or even months, but the end result will be loosing their entire account.
Am always suprised  as to the reasons people fail to use prudent risk controls.Well,I think it’s the get rich quick mentality.
Anyway, there is no greater teacher than the market itself.  if you decide to ignore the risk aspect of trading "YOU WILL NOT MAKE IT AS A TRADER".

Risk Management aspect has 2 categories,
1. The Money Management.
2.Trade Management.

The money management has to do with the amount of your capital you are risking from your account.Let me asvise you,dont ever risk more than 1-2% of your account on one trade.For example,if you have a $1000 account size, then 1% is $10 and 2% is $20, So if you stick to this advise,you will last long enough to correct every trading mistakes you have been making. but if you think you want to make 50% in  a day, then trust me the market will teach you and you will probably learn in a hard way.

The main reason for this low risk is for you to plan ahead of loosing trades without getting killed, for example,if i risk only 1% of $1000 which is only $10 and i lost 5 trades in a roll,my total deficit will be 5% loss,Now compared to if am risking 20%, if am risking 20% and i lost 5 trades in a roll,i will be completely out of the game and also thats a Margin call for sure.

Forget about radio adverts saying you can make 30% a day.its possible but that means you will take incredible risk on your account for that to happen.
Dont let anyone deceive you.There is nothing like sure banker in trading,its just a probability issue on risk to reward ratio.So you have to prapare for losses ahead of time.Last month,i had 14 trades, 5wins,6 losses and 3 break even, when you look at this result,it look crazy but its not, 5 losses is equal to 5% but my 6 wins is equal to 24% beacuse i risk my money on high reward probability trades.Thats 19% win in 1months,now ask yourself "will the shares you bought pay you 19% a month?", i will leave this issues here.

Trade management is more like managing the trade when you are in the trade,reducing risks,moving stopsand taking partial profit and so on,i will talk more about that some other time.

Technical Analysis
Fundamental Analysis
Psycology of trading

i will talk about this issues,when i have time.

Happy trading
TUNDE
tundefxalone@yahoo.com
Re: the truth about forex trading by mabsam(m): 11:51am On Jan 06, 2010
Thanks a lot friend, that will be deeply appreciated.
Re: the truth about forex trading by Armadaij(m): 12:41pm On Jan 06, 2010
It's so unfortunate that people without the knowledge about anything in this country portray themselves on our TV screens as authorities where as they are empty heads. Thanks so much Tunde for letting us understand the ills and the perils behind this FX thing. your efforts will be highly appreciated
Re: the truth about forex trading by TRADEHUB: 2:05pm On Jan 06, 2010
it is good to see at least someone who has traded live and is honest about it.
Re: the truth about forex trading by mcjohn4444: 9:10am On Jan 09, 2010
Its a very nice comment. Tunde, well done. I just want to lay more emphasis on the fact that forex is not a get rich quick system. It should be seen as a business which needs to be managed with all precautions. Otherwise, it'll be a get rich or die tryin' thing. Thanks my bro
Re: the truth about forex trading by adminlo: 7:51pm On Jan 09, 2010
if u need any forex courses or tutorial on clickbank or paydotcom, let me know
Re: the truth about forex trading by peterod1(m): 2:42am On Jan 11, 2010
Thanks mr tunde.you see i did wonder when people wil just heard an advert and rush into it.they wil forget to answer few questions like:do i ve passion for the biz.am i ready to learn from an expert.do i ve enough time to put on it.can i take without lost my sleep.just to mention few.pls trade as a team.you wil hardly loose.forex is good but you need to thread softly.

(1) (Reply)

Another Source Of Income For Everyone / Where To Buy Geekvape Karma Kit With Best Price / Get Urgent And Sharp Sharp Loans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.