Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:37 PM

Please Help A Brother!! My Phone Suddenly Start Slow Charging.. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Please Help A Brother!! My Phone Suddenly Start Slow Charging.. (1126 Views)

Please Help A Brother , My Phone Charge Within 2hours But Now Takes 24hours / Please Helps.. My Phone Suddenly Became Hot And Didn't Turn On Again .. / HELP!!! Phone Suddenly Shows "SD Card Safe To Remove" (2) (3) (4)

Please Help A Brother!! My Phone Suddenly Start Slow Charging.. by kissval1388: 12:15pm On Apr 28, 2017
Good day Nairaland phone gurus,,,
please I need your help, I am using Tecno L8 plus.. Last week, after using the phone, I noticed that the charging is very slow.. I mean very very slow, this is the same charger I was using to charge it before but since last week till today, the phone charges very slow... I get 1% every 20 minutes and this is even when I switch the phone off while charging...
I suspected, it was my charger so I went and bought another different charger, I even went to my friend that bought the same l8 and used his charger but the problem still persist..

please help me guys... am just tired and confused... I have even done factory reset..
I anticipate a positive reply.. I believe in you guys...
cc:Lalasticlala

Re: Please Help A Brother!! My Phone Suddenly Start Slow Charging.. by kissval1388: 12:38pm On Apr 28, 2017
please help me lalasticlala.. move my post to FP for quick reply biko..
Re: Please Help A Brother!! My Phone Suddenly Start Slow Charging.. by Tellemall: 2:26pm On Apr 28, 2017
Visit customer care.
Re: Please Help A Brother!! My Phone Suddenly Start Slow Charging.. by slimjohn2k5: 2:40pm On Apr 28, 2017
Same here oh, i bought my Tecno M5 last year december and it started with slow charging, now i cant even charge it, as it will show is charging but nothing is happening

My challenge is that I opened it myself, dont know if they will still fix it for me because i am still under waranty
Re: Please Help A Brother!! My Phone Suddenly Start Slow Charging.. by Sleekbaby(f): 3:08pm On Apr 28, 2017
A friend of mine had the same problem with her tecno L8, she took it back to slot where she bought it and they fixed it back within 2 days. It's common L8 problem. Return it to slot if you bought it there they will fix it for you .
Re: Please Help A Brother!! My Phone Suddenly Start Slow Charging.. by Nobody: 3:34pm On Apr 28, 2017
Have use a phone with flash charge features and I'm familiar with this scenario..

Op, I'll advice you to first of all try another USB cord with your charger and see how it charge, not just any USB cord, I mean a good USB cord and if i still slow charge use another 2.0A charger and see if problem still persist then you will need to change the charging port..

I don't know about tecno l8 charging port but I believe it uses the flex charging port since that's what latest phones are using now..

It won't cost you much, just budget #2500-#3000, including engineer fee.
Re: Please Help A Brother!! My Phone Suddenly Start Slow Charging.. by kissval1388: 5:50pm On Apr 28, 2017
thanks pals.. I will visit an engineer tomorrow
Re: Please Help A Brother!! My Phone Suddenly Start Slow Charging.. by BrownShawty(f): 6:02pm On Apr 28, 2017
Maybe you should switch it off and on it back or change the charger
Re: Please Help A Brother!! My Phone Suddenly Start Slow Charging.. by myboy2010(m): 3:44pm On Apr 29, 2017
udemzy101:
Have use a phone with flash charge features and I'm familiar with this scenario..

Op, I'll advice you to first of all try another USB cord with your charger and see how it charge, not just any USB cord, I mean a good USB cord and if i still slow charge use another 2.0A charger and see if problem still persist then you will need to change the charging port..

I don't know about tecno l8 charging port but I believe it uses the flex charging port since that's what latest phones are using now..

It won't cost you much, just budget #2500-#3000, including engineer fee.
have u try calling 911
Re: Please Help A Brother!! My Phone Suddenly Start Slow Charging.. by Nobody: 6:37pm On Apr 29, 2017
myboy2010:
have u try calling 911
What's wrong with your own phone?
Dial the number there..
Re: Please Help A Brother!! My Phone Suddenly Start Slow Charging.. by alezzy13: 3:55am On Apr 30, 2017
It seems the charging problem is rather common with L8/L8plus. I had the same issue after mine fell into water. At first it charged very slowly then stopped charged altogether, displaying the error sign.

I took it for repairs and they changed a small hardware close the charging point which appear to have rusted. cost abt 3k. Since then its back to normal.
Re: Please Help A Brother!! My Phone Suddenly Start Slow Charging.. by Exhibit911: 9:00am On Apr 30, 2017
kissval1388:
Good day Nairaland phone gurus,,,
please I need your help, I am using Tecno L8 plus.. Last week, after using the phone, I noticed that the charging is very slow.. I mean very very slow, this is the same charger I was using to charge it before but since last week till today, the phone charges very slow... I get 1% every 20 minutes and this is even when I switch the phone off while charging...
I suspected, it was my charger so I went and bought another different charger, I even went to my friend that bought the same l8 and used his charger but the problem still persist..

please help me guys... am just tired and confused... I have even done factory reset..
I anticipate a positive reply.. I believe in you guys...
cc:Lalasticlala

No need for panic ..I had this issue on my infinix x521 ..just take it to the nearest Carl care service center closest to you..or just visit slot shop that's normally were Carl care is located if otherwise they will direct you to were you'd go
Re: Please Help A Brother!! My Phone Suddenly Start Slow Charging.. by kissval1388: 1:14pm On Apr 30, 2017
Exhibit911:

No need for panic ..I had this issue on my infinix x521 ..just take it to the nearest Carl care service center closest to you..or just visit slot shop that's normally were Carl care is located if otherwise they will direct you to were you'd go
bros please what's Carl care service?? I stay at Abakaliki.. haven't heard dat name before.. I only know phone engineers. I.e people dat repair phones
Re: Please Help A Brother!! My Phone Suddenly Start Slow Charging.. by Exhibit911: 2:12pm On Apr 30, 2017
kissval1388:

bros please what's Carl care service?? I stay at Abakaliki.. haven't heard dat name before.. I only know phone engineers. I.e people dat repair phones

Just go to the nearest slot shop to you and ask
Re: Please Help A Brother!! My Phone Suddenly Start Slow Charging.. by kissval1388: 2:59pm On Apr 30, 2017
Exhibit911:

Just go to the nearest slot shop to you and ask
what is slot shop na.. abeg no vex
Re: Please Help A Brother!! My Phone Suddenly Start Slow Charging.. by alezzy13: 5:02pm On Apr 30, 2017
kissval1388:

what is slot shop na.. abeg no vex

Guy you funy oo. grin

Anyway, Slot is a major distributor of smart phones, perhaps the biggest in the country. unfortunately Im not sure they have an office in abakaliki. The closest to you is probably the Enugu branch, along Okpara Avenue.
Re: Please Help A Brother!! My Phone Suddenly Start Slow Charging.. by kissval1388: 9:34pm On Apr 30, 2017
alezzy13:

Guy you funy oo. grin

Anyway, Slot is a major distributor of smart phones, perhaps the biggest in the country. unfortunately Im not sure they have an office in abakaliki. The closest to you is probably the Enugu branch, along Okpara Avenue.

chaiii... thanks man.. am greatful

For Those Comp About L9plus & other phone Button Not Lighting Here Is A Soln / Xiaomi Note 3 For Sale / Infinix Hot Note For Sale.. 20k