Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,908 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

N260m Osborne Luxury Flat Of Peter Obi. A Reminder By Agboola Odunfa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N260m Osborne Luxury Flat Of Peter Obi. A Reminder By Agboola Odunfa (1624 Views)

Lt Gen Ihejirika Said El Rufai Is Boko Haram Commander: Reminder By Reno Omokri / Osun Government Splashes N260M On Cars For Lawmakers, Despite Owing Pensioners / Reno Omokri Reminds El-Rufai Of His Insult on Jesus as El-Rufai Calls Obi a Bigo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

N260m Osborne Luxury Flat Of Peter Obi. A Reminder By Agboola Odunfa by Agboola1(m): 12:34pm On Apr 28, 2017
REMINDER ‎

In the early 50s through the 60s, 70s till the 80s, our leaders will choose a pattern of a cloth and sew about a 100 of same design and fabric then wear it daily so we believe it's just one clothe repeated.

This is a gbajue style to portray conservation, economic and moderation so we respect and continue to respect them. Only there death or dirty fights with their opponents that will reveal their true worth when news of properties and companies begin to make news in the open.

I have however waited patiently to here anyone notice a similar situation when the news of an ex governor made the list of the ikoyi luxury flats that sells for N260m which we expect the acclaimed money saving governor will only spend less than 10% of that to get a flat in a low cost government estate to practically align with what he. Preached to millions of Nigerians recently but I didn't hear pim from anyone.

We Nigerians, especially the social media soldiers seem to be controlled by wind of event and we only feast on the surface for a while enmasse and move to the next good news just like we have shifted attention to the traditional flout Flash between two monarchs that will be settled between them in no time and without our permission.

How can a man who made our president sleep in his bed and him as a governor sleep in a N20,000 room with his wife, how can a man who relieved many of their jobs because they're costing the state extra, how can a man who claimed to have saved the state plenty ego on traveling, how can a man whom I flew economy class with in our local flight that he carried his bags amidst push and shoves without being noticed that ihad to commend and take shots with him now made a list of N260m worth flat not duplex o. Even as dash, for who he told us he is, I would have thought he will reject it.

Ex governor Peter Obi must rewrite his story in the same manner. He will assemble men of God and intelligent on a live TV then apologize before fixing the missing part of his story so we have a balance. So we know what to buy in 2019. ‎

Yes an ex governor can afford a N260m flat or even wristwatch that cost much but not our amiable soft speaking orator who claimed ijebu style of living. ‎

I now wonder if it's the leaders that lives many lives by telling their people a different story from what they will tell their party men then live a different life entirely or, the people who condemn, complain, curse bad leaders yet continue to recycle them for a meal.

Who is a true patriot?

In your best interest : register to vote wisely and don't be fooled again.

Shine your mind

Agboola Odunfa ‎

2 Likes

Re: N260m Osborne Luxury Flat Of Peter Obi. A Reminder By Agboola Odunfa by Agboola1(m): 12:35pm On Apr 28, 2017
A full list of occupants of Osborne Towers in Ikoyi, Lagos where operatives of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) discovered over $43million, has reportedly been obtained by SaharaReporters.

The building, located at 16 Osborne Road in Ikoyi, has nine floors of 19 apartments and two penthouses.

‎Former chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Ahmed Mu’azu, developed the property and reserved the penthouses, 10A and B; as well as Apartments 11A and 11B for himself.
Some of the other occupants in the high-rise building, included a former Guaranty Trust Bank chairman, Fola Adeola and former Anambra Governor, Peter Obi and his wife, whose apartment had been searched by the EFCC .

2A – Ahmed Kida

‎2B – Ahmed Kida but apartment occupied by Esther Ogbue (a recently retired MD of NNPC)
3A – Kayode Sonaike
3B – Sterling Assets
4A and 4B – Leo Stan Ekeh
5A – Sterling Bank
5B – Damian Dodo, SAN
6A – Mo Abudu
6B – Career Terminal and Logistics Ltd.
7A – Mr. and Mrs. Edo-Osagie (Daughter of PDP Chieftain Anthony Anenih and her husband)
7B – Chobe Ventures Limited (Controlled by Folashade Oke, wife of DG, NIA) apartment where $50m was found by EFCC)
8A – Chikki Foods
8B – Mr. Balogun
9A – Damian Dodo, SAN
9B – Alhaji Tukur
10 A & B – Ahmed Muazu
11 A & B – Ahmed Muazu.
Re: N260m Osborne Luxury Flat Of Peter Obi. A Reminder By Agboola Odunfa by smellingmenses: 12:39pm On Apr 28, 2017
Obi was a bank CEO. Don't get it twisted.

2 Likes

Re: N260m Osborne Luxury Flat Of Peter Obi. A Reminder By Agboola Odunfa by alakara(m): 12:47pm On Apr 28, 2017
smellingmenses:
Obi was a bank CEO. Don't get it twisted.

How many bank CEO dey stay for the Osborne flats?

4 Likes

Re: N260m Osborne Luxury Flat Of Peter Obi. A Reminder By Agboola Odunfa by smellingmenses: 1:35pm On Apr 28, 2017
alakara:

Go and wail elsewhere

1 Like

Re: N260m Osborne Luxury Flat Of Peter Obi. A Reminder By Agboola Odunfa by jjmk(m): 1:46pm On Apr 28, 2017
OP dont show your ignorance. Mr Peter Obi was very, i repeat, very wealthy before entering government. In case you still dont know, most of these people buy their properties with bank loans (mortgage) and in his case i want to believe he bought his through a bank facility(my guess).

The question is has he been meeting his obligations to his bank? (Fidelity Bank). He could still be owing for all we know which is not a bad thing either as long as he is meeting the terms of his mortgage.

Rich people dont spend money anyhow, most of them are creditworthy so they can easily get facilities and free up their own funds for further investments.

As a shrewd business man, that apartment could be sold later and he will make a decent profit from the sale cos as we all know properties appreciate and they appreciate astronomically in that neck of the woods.

This is not a defense of Peter Obi, but to let u know that we should not all be carried away with sensationalism.

4 Likes

Re: N260m Osborne Luxury Flat Of Peter Obi. A Reminder By Agboola Odunfa by RZArecta(m): 1:49pm On Apr 28, 2017
grin KAI !!! see painment, you left the likes of Tinubu/Fashola and their stupendous retirement benefits even after plunging Lagos state into multi generational debts and came to wail over a Peter Obi who could very well afford such an apartment even before being a governor. Op, you need help fast, an astute businessman will tell you real estate is the best venture. Peter Obi is an astute businessman

3 Likes

Re: N260m Osborne Luxury Flat Of Peter Obi. A Reminder By Agboola Odunfa by Sunnynwa: 1:58pm On Apr 28, 2017
Agboola1:
REMINDER ‎

In the early 50s through the 60s, 70s till the 80s, our leaders will choose a pattern of a cloth and sew about a 100 of same design and fabric then wear it daily so we believe it's just one clothe repeated.

This is a gbajue style to portray conservation, economic and moderation so we respect and continue to respect them. Only there death or dirty fights with their opponents that will reveal their true worth when news of properties and companies begin to make news in the open.

I have however waited patiently to here anyone notice a similar situation when the news of an ex governor made the list of the ikoyi luxury flats that sells for N260m which we expect the acclaimed money saving governor will only spend less than 10% of that to get a flat in a low cost government estate to practically align with what he. Preached to millions of Nigerians recently but I didn't hear pim from anyone.

We Nigerians, especially the social media soldiers seem to be controlled by wind of event and we only feast on the surface for a while enmasse and move to the next good news just like we have shifted attention to the traditional flout Flash between two monarchs that will be settled between them in no time and without our permission.

How can a man who made our president sleep in his bed and him as a governor sleep in a N20,000 room with his wife, how can a man who relieved many of their jobs because they're costing the state extra, how can a man who claimed to have saved the state plenty ego on traveling, how can a man whom I flew economy class with in our local flight that he carried his bags amidst push and shoves without being noticed that ihad to commend and take shots with him now made a list of N260m worth flat not duplex o. Even as dash, for who he told us he is, I would have thought he will reject it.

Ex governor Peter Obi must rewrite his story in the same manner. He will assemble men of God and intelligent on a live TV then apologize before fixing the missing part of his story so we have a balance. So we know what to buy in 2019. ‎

Yes an ex governor can afford a N260m flat or even wristwatch that cost much but not our amiable soft speaking orator who claimed ijebu style of living. ‎

I now wonder if it's the leaders that lives many lives by telling their people a different story from what they will tell their party men then live a different life entirely or, the people who condemn, complain, curse bad leaders yet continue to recycle them for a meal.

Who is a true patriot?

In your best interest : register to vote wisely and don't be fooled again.

Shine your mind

Agboola Odunfa ‎

Peter Obi made a case for cutting down the cost of governance as that is funded by public money. He stressed that how you spend public money should be different from how you spend personal money.

Peter Obi is personally a billionaire who can buy up the whole tower if he so desores and you do not expect him not to enjoy his personal money as he deems fit. He helps the poor and the needy as he can and he gives to the community.

Bottom line if his sermon is "do not waste public resources". That's his message and he lived it, leaving unparalleled legacies in governance in Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: N260m Osborne Luxury Flat Of Peter Obi. A Reminder By Agboola Odunfa by Sunnynwa: 2:00pm On Apr 28, 2017
What Peter left for Anambra.

Re: N260m Osborne Luxury Flat Of Peter Obi. A Reminder By Agboola Odunfa by Sunnynwa: 2:02pm On Apr 28, 2017
alakara:

The irony of it is that Fidelity bank is not even among the major businesses owned by Obi. As a Nigerian, you have definitely contributed to Obi's wealth except you were born last night.
Re: N260m Osborne Luxury Flat Of Peter Obi. A Reminder By Agboola Odunfa by NextGovernor(m): 2:07pm On Apr 28, 2017
Agboola1:
A full list of occupants of Osborne Towers in Ikoyi, Lagos where operatives of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) discovered over $43million, has reportedly been obtained by SaharaReporters.

The building, located at 16 Osborne Road in Ikoyi, has nine floors of 19 apartments and two penthouses.

‎Former chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Ahmed Mu’azu, developed the property and reserved the penthouses, 10A and B; as well as Apartments 11A and 11B for himself.
Some of the other occupants in the high-rise building, included a former Guaranty Trust Bank chairman, Fola Adeola and former Anambra Governor, Peter Obi and his wife, whose apartment had been searched by the EFCC .

2A – Ahmed Kida

‎2B – Ahmed Kida but apartment occupied by Esther Ogbue (a recently retired MD of NNPC)
3A – Kayode Sonaike
3B – Sterling Assets
5A – Sterling Bank
5B – Damian Dodo, SAN
6A – Mo Abudu
7A – Mr. and Mrs. Edo-Osagie (Daughter of PDP Chieftain Anthony Anenih and her husband)
7B – Chobe Ventures Limited (Controlled by Folashade Oke, wife of DG, NIA) apartment where $50m was found by EFCC)
8A – Chikki Foods
8B – Mr. Balogun
9A – Damian Dodo, SAN
9B – Alhaji Tukur
10 A & B – Ahmed Muazu
11 A & B – Ahmed Muazu.

We don't trust Sahara Reporters on these occupants because they have been lying since 2000BC. Let EFCC come up with the occupants.

1 Like

Re: N260m Osborne Luxury Flat Of Peter Obi. A Reminder By Agboola Odunfa by blackboy(m): 4:14pm On Apr 28, 2017
Mr Ola, Thank you for this write up but let's not be deceived many wealthy Igbos travel economy and dress modest. They are the Ijebus of the Yorubas.
Nigerians flew economy with me during GEJ time, there was no razzmatazz around him but I know Ngige when I see him. But he is wealthy.

Peter Obi managed Anambra state well from what I read and heard. And from my following of the largest political party in Africa closely back then Obi was a wealthy man and no doubt would have been paid very well when he left the bank to take up the governor job.

Anambra didn't need bail out and is doing okay.

Mr Ola, Please let's talk about the tinubu who was not so wealthy before taking up power but after becoming governor is now stupendously wealthy. I heard he and Aregbe not to mention others has Lagos tax on their pocket. They own Lagos and tinubu like controls most of the South West states. Pls I would like your write up on Tinubu and for us to ask Tinubu to state his source of wealth

1 Like

Re: N260m Osborne Luxury Flat Of Peter Obi. A Reminder By Agboola Odunfa by Cuche: 4:37pm On Apr 28, 2017
I wasn't deceived by Mr Peter Obi's public show of humility. As far as I'm concerned less than half of what accrued to Anambra was meaningfully used during his time the other half found its way back to private pockets of cronies and associates. Where do I start the long list from?
Not that bad against the backdrop of some Governors and cronies pocketing more than 75% of the money that came to their respective states in the PDP 16 years.
Re: N260m Osborne Luxury Flat Of Peter Obi. A Reminder By Agboola Odunfa by Cuche: 4:39pm On Apr 28, 2017
blackboy:
Mr Ola, Thank you for this write up but let's not be deceived

Mr Ola, Please let's talk about the tinubu who was not so wealthy before taking up power but after becoming governor is now stupendously wealthy. I heard he and Aregbe not to mention others has Lagos tax on their pocket. They own Lagos and tinubu like controls most of the South West states. Pls I would like your write up on Tinubu and for us to ask Tinubu to state his source of wealth
Lol
Re: N260m Osborne Luxury Flat Of Peter Obi. A Reminder By Agboola Odunfa by kettykings: 4:47pm On Apr 28, 2017
smellingmenses:

Go and wail elsewhere
Dont mind those perpetual wailers who wail over anything igbo. they forget that Tinubu has something worse in Osborne , TVC Station, Radio continental , oriental hotels , first nation, the Hitech construction company , Falomo shopping centre.

They will cleverly forget all that Tinubu has stolen and still steals from them and be shedding crocodile tears over a single property Peter Obi has in ikoyi which he migths still be paying for or could have sold shares or property to buy when the price was small

1 Like

Re: N260m Osborne Luxury Flat Of Peter Obi. A Reminder By Agboola Odunfa by MXrep: 5:04pm On Apr 28, 2017
Peter Obi spoke on how to spend public money, he did not stop anybody form enjoying his/her hard earned money. Peter has always been very rich even before becoming a governor.

1 Like

Re: N260m Osborne Luxury Flat Of Peter Obi. A Reminder By Agboola Odunfa by pchukwudi: 5:51pm On Apr 28, 2017
STOP MAKING THIS SILKY NOISE. Obi was already a MULTI-Millionaire and at head of many local and foreign companies BEFORE he became a governor. Go get a life. And I assume the "luxery flat" in question was bought not RENTED.

Agboola1:

2A – Ahmed Kida

3A – Kayode Sonaike
3B – Sterling Assets
5A – Sterling Bank
5B – Damian Dodo, SAN
6A – Mo Abudu
8A – Chikki Foods
8B – Mr. Balogun
9A – Damian Dodo, SAN
9B – Alhaji Tukur
10 A & B – Ahmed Muazu
11 A & B – Ahmed Muazu.

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: Senate Orders Probe Of Buhari’s $1b Ogoni Land Cleanup / Fayose Dancing With Boxers For Fathers Day Pics Video / Why Nnamdi kanu Is Not The Messiah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.