Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,250 members, 7,825,974 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:35 AM

4 Best Cars To Use For Uber Business - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 4 Best Cars To Use For Uber Business (66433 Views)

Dangote Group Donates 35 Cars To The Lagos State Government / 4 Best-kept Secrets Of Business Success / You Can Now Get A First Bank Loan To Buy A Car For Your Uber Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4 Best Cars To Use For Uber Business by erico2k2(m): 5:22pm On Apr 28, 2017
neoapocalypse:

Unless you want to be a driver-partner you'll need a driver
That's my point.i
The major investors should be the drivers .
In London %90 of people own thier taxi or on HP so if u earn N140 k with a driver and yoy cut off the overhead of the driver you can make N200 plus. And you are your own boss.that's going by the assumption the figures put upstairs by OP are anywhere near realistic.u feel me.
Re: 4 Best Cars To Use For Uber Business by erico2k2(m): 5:23pm On Apr 28, 2017
nevilbot:

Can't one drive his car himself on uber platform?
Ofcos U can.
Re: 4 Best Cars To Use For Uber Business by arrestdarrester: 5:24pm On Apr 28, 2017
Toyota Yaris is best going by the reviews. Mpg and maintenance remains top considerations here.
Re: 4 Best Cars To Use For Uber Business by RichDad1(m): 5:25pm On Apr 28, 2017
smartty68:
Is the #2,000,000 for the car alone? or for the registration with Uber?
You don't need money to register with Uber
Re: 4 Best Cars To Use For Uber Business by smartty68(m): 5:26pm On Apr 28, 2017
RichDad1:

You don't need money to register with Uber
Thanks
Re: 4 Best Cars To Use For Uber Business by ehijoshua3: 5:27pm On Apr 28, 2017
Now you can share your business ideal on Ejtb for free kindly follow :

http://www.ehijoshuatechblog.com/p/foxyform-functiond-t-var-g-d.html

Re: 4 Best Cars To Use For Uber Business by largeman4u(m): 5:28pm On Apr 28, 2017
get your best Uber Cars @ www.largemanmotors..com
Re: 4 Best Cars To Use For Uber Business by fuckboys: 5:29pm On Apr 28, 2017
I've got about 3 cars but I hate riding cars, I prefer riding pussy cool
Re: 4 Best Cars To Use For Uber Business by Jobabori(m): 5:30pm On Apr 28, 2017
For a wider coverage and better understanding of the topic, the OP should have give a short explanation of UBER since not all Nigerians who visit Nairalamd are residing in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: 4 Best Cars To Use For Uber Business by Nobody: 5:30pm On Apr 28, 2017
nevilbot:

Can't one drive his car himself on uber platform?
Yes you can , it's even the ideal thing to do
Re: 4 Best Cars To Use For Uber Business by yinkson(m): 5:34pm On Apr 28, 2017
Nice
Re: 4 Best Cars To Use For Uber Business by kolaaderin: 5:36pm On Apr 28, 2017
Just another Toyota Praise singer. Out of thread.
Re: 4 Best Cars To Use For Uber Business by Nobody: 5:37pm On Apr 28, 2017
erico2k2:

That's my point.i
The major investors should be the drivers .
In London %90 of people own thier taxi or on HP so if u earn N140 k with a driver and yoy cut off the overhead of the driver you can make N200 plus. And you are your own boss.that's going by the assumption the figures put upstairs by OP are anywhere near realistic.u feel me.

Of course it's best you drive yourself , there are people who have good jobs and need another source of income , getting a driver would be advisable in such a situation. Uber will pair you with a driver and you both can sort out the finer details like how much he's to remit weekly , if he has full access to the car and whatnot. If a partner is giving his driver full access to the car he should find time out to inspect the car at least once a week , with this he can know if the driver is maintaining the car properly. A moderate estimate to be remitted to the partner weekly should be between 35k and 50k ( most do either 40k or 45k ).

2 Likes

Re: 4 Best Cars To Use For Uber Business by Nobody: 5:39pm On Apr 28, 2017
And the driver takes care of fuelling and maintenance , wherever remains belong to the driver.
Re: 4 Best Cars To Use For Uber Business by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 5:40pm On Apr 28, 2017
Don't forget your gun, pepper spray, combat knife and electric stun gun

4 Likes

Re: 4 Best Cars To Use For Uber Business by linearity: 5:40pm On Apr 28, 2017
I think the 2005 model acception criteria increases by one year each year...i.e. In 2018, the minimum year model accepted will be 2006. This is the practice mostly in developed countries abroad, is that not the same in Nigeria?

So the model you buy also determine how many years you can use that car on Uber.
Re: 4 Best Cars To Use For Uber Business by erico2k2(m): 5:40pm On Apr 28, 2017
neoapocalypse:

Of course it's best you drive yourself , there are people who have good jobs and need another source of income , getting a driver would be advisable in such a situation. Uber will pair you with a driver and you both can sort out the finer details like how much he's to remit weekly , if he has full access to the car and whatnot. If a partner is giving his driver full access to the driver he should find time out to inspect the car at least once a week , with this he can know if the driver is maintaining the car properly. A moderate estimate to be remitted to the partner weekly should be between 35k and 50k ( most do either 40k or 45k ).
Bro once U employ a driver forget it.u just invested in biebie bank
Re: 4 Best Cars To Use For Uber Business by MrXlim5618: 5:44pm On Apr 28, 2017
YModulosGodSon:
If you have a car you'd like to register with Uber and need a trustworthy pilot, do contact pls

Let's talk. Send me your phone number.
Re: 4 Best Cars To Use For Uber Business by MrXlim5618: 5:47pm On Apr 28, 2017
I am interested in investing in this. Anyone with experience please?

Maybe an already existing uber partner based in abuja?
Re: 4 Best Cars To Use For Uber Business by linearity: 5:47pm On Apr 28, 2017
For an Uber partner in Nigeria...what is the standard monetary settlement split between the Driver & the Partner after Uber fees deductions?

I know it varies, I want to know the various model people use as am interested in investing in Uber in Nigeria.

One model/solo I have heard of is: 20:20:60->Uber:Driver:Partner, but the Driver takes care of insurance, maintenance and fuel.

I think Uber might have increased their percentage for New Driver sign on from 20 to 25, I don't know if this is applicable in Nigeria.
Re: 4 Best Cars To Use For Uber Business by coretechng1(m): 5:50pm On Apr 28, 2017
autojosh:
Uber is one business that is worth investing in if you’d like to earn ₦140,000 monthly on a ₦2,000,000 investment. The 2 most important factors to succeed in the business are getting a practical car that is in good working condition.. as well as getting a good and trustworthy driver.

Uber accepts 2005 and above four door cars. However, buying a 2007, 2008 or 2009 model is better so the car can repay itself on time whilst having a life span of 3 to 4 years on the Uber platform before they yank if off.

When choosing the most practical car to use, you have to consider the following factors: Purchase cost, fuel economy, good air conditioner, reliability, maintenance cost, life span, resale value etc..

Despite how lucrative the business is, I noticed several cars have been pulling out of the Uber business due to accidents, reliability issues, fuel consumption especially vehicles with 6 cylinder engines etc.

In order to prevent same mistakes, you may want to stick to the following cars..

Best Cars For Uber Business

Toyota Corolla

This is actually the most preferred.. no wonder most companies use them as official cars. The 1.8 litre 4 cylinder engine gives an average of 30 miles per gallon (mpg). The air conditioner is excellent, sound system is good enough and the car makes your passengers arrive like a boss.

With the Corolla, you’ll get good reliability, reasonable space and excellent resale value.

Estimated Price: Tokunbo – N2.8m.. Nigerian used – N1.8m (2009 model)

Toyota Yaris (Sedan)

This car is small but mighty and arguably the best in the Uber line-up. Its 1.5 litre 4 cylinder engine gives you an amazing average fuel consumption of 32 mpg.. That’s about half the consumption of several 6 cylinder engines. Although, acceleration suffers but still good enough for city trips. It is also reliable and maintenance cost is moderate which all add up to increase your earning potentials.

Don’t be deceived by the small exterior.. it is pretty spacious inside. Thanks to the small engine and short bonnet. The small bonnet and the low belt-line makes you feel like you are sitting up high.

Estimated Price: Tokunbo – N2.5m.. Nigerian used – N1.5m (2008 model)

Honda City

The Honda City is less popular but it goes head-to-head with the Yaris in terms of performance. It is reliable and the 1.5 litre 4 cylinder engine promises average fuel consumption of 32 mpg. There is also a 1.3 litre option if you want to settle for that. The 5th generation Honda City which was produced between 2008 and 2013 is more than enough to get the job done.

The Tokunbo is pretty scarce so you’ll probably settle for a Nigerian used..

Estimated Price: Tokunbo – N2.65m.. Nigerian used – N1.35m (2009 model)

Toyota Avensis

Avensis has various engine options: 1.8, 2.0 and camry’s 2.4 litre engine. But I bet you’re sticking with the 1.8 litre engine because transport business is more about the MPGs. You should be getting an average gas mileage of 27 mpg on your 1.8 litre Avensis which is good enough.

It is undoubtedly strong and reliable.. It is also slightly bigger than the Corolla with more premium feel.

Estimated Price: Tokunbo – N3.1m.. Nigerian used – N1.8m (2008 model)

Yes, Camry didn’t make the list because the 2.4 litre engine will shortchange you on fuel.. You may also want to stay away from the Honda Civic due to window and AC and a few suspension issues.. For Hyundai and Kia, cost of maintenance parts is your number 1 justification for staying away.

I wish you success in your existing or prospective transport business.

Don’t forget to rate, like, and share.

https://autojosh.com/best-cars-for-uber-business/

Just wondering why hybrid cars dont make this list.

3 Likes

Re: 4 Best Cars To Use For Uber Business by JeffreyJamez(m): 5:56pm On Apr 28, 2017
smartty68:
Is the #2,000,000 for the car alone? or for the registration with Uber?

Registration for Uber is free
Re: 4 Best Cars To Use For Uber Business by JeffreyJamez(m): 5:56pm On Apr 28, 2017
AutoJosh whey is there no Camry on that list?
Re: 4 Best Cars To Use For Uber Business by Nobody: 6:02pm On Apr 28, 2017
rifasenate11:
Camry is still no1

Yes o
Re: 4 Best Cars To Use For Uber Business by ijeshaboy: 6:03pm On Apr 28, 2017
I can manage your car for you on uber platform.

1 Like

Re: 4 Best Cars To Use For Uber Business by Ogadtop(m): 6:10pm On Apr 28, 2017
RichDad1:
Kia cerato
Hyundia Elantra.
These 2 vehicles consume lesser than the corolla of same year.

Pls remove avensis. Its not cheap to maintain.

He talked about cost of maintenance of kia products and not fuel consumption i think
Re: 4 Best Cars To Use For Uber Business by Ajewealth123(m): 6:38pm On Apr 28, 2017
erico2k2:

Why would the investor need a driver ?
why did you quote everything?

3 Likes

Re: 4 Best Cars To Use For Uber Business by erico2k2(m): 6:56pm On Apr 28, 2017
Ajewealth123:
why did you quote everything?
You want to let us know U got MB abi? grin grin
Re: 4 Best Cars To Use For Uber Business by dcncorneils: 7:01pm On Apr 28, 2017
U got it ryt
Re: 4 Best Cars To Use For Uber Business by RichDad1(m): 7:37pm On Apr 28, 2017
Ogadtop:

He talked about cost of maintenance of kia products and not fuel consumption i think
Maintaining Kia and Hyundai is cheaper compare to some Toyota corolla (South Africa )
Re: 4 Best Cars To Use For Uber Business by Ajewealth123(m): 7:41pm On Apr 28, 2017
erico2k2:

You want to let us know U got MB abi? grin grin
u no well ni fa? I go wound you o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Moses Ubi Wears Corporate Outfits To Hawk Food, Goes Viral Online (Video) / After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike / 5 Under 30 Youngest Successful Nigerian Tech Entrepreneurs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.