Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,755 members, 7,813,503 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:05 PM

Fascinating Then And Now Photos Shows How Dubai Has Changed In Few Years. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Fascinating Then And Now Photos Shows How Dubai Has Changed In Few Years. (7016 Views)

10 then And Now Photos Of famous Cities Showing How Much They’ve Changed. / Why Onitsha Port And Baro Port Can't Function For Now (Photos) / Polar Vortex: Breathtaking Photos Shows How Insanely Cold It Is In America Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fascinating Then And Now Photos Shows How Dubai Has Changed In Few Years. by Explorers(m): 6:10pm On Apr 28, 2017
From desert to the jewel of the Middle East, these pictures taken few years back show the emirate city has undergone a remarkable transformation in a very short space of time.

https://lovindubai.com/dubai/celebrating-the-uae-the-10-pictures-that-show-how-dubai-has-changed?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C4840992499

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2144613/Pictures-Dubai-1960s-1970s-city-fishing-settlement.html

http://m.thenational.ae/news/uae-news/in-pictures-expat-gives-gift-of-memories-to-uae#1
lalasticlala, mynd44

Re: Fascinating Then And Now Photos Shows How Dubai Has Changed In Few Years. by Explorers(m): 6:11pm On Apr 28, 2017
Downtown Dubai in 2005 and 2016.

1 Like

Re: Fascinating Then And Now Photos Shows How Dubai Has Changed In Few Years. by obafemee80(m): 6:12pm On Apr 28, 2017
Hmmm
See development...
This can only happen in countries where their leaders are not insane and dumb...
Some will come here and tell us Dubai is not as big as Nigeria...

4 Likes

Re: Fascinating Then And Now Photos Shows How Dubai Has Changed In Few Years. by Explorers(m): 6:13pm On Apr 28, 2017
Deira Clock Tower 1969 and now.

1 Share

Re: Fascinating Then And Now Photos Shows How Dubai Has Changed In Few Years. by Explorers(m): 6:14pm On Apr 28, 2017
Sheikh Zayed Road in 1990 and now.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fascinating Then And Now Photos Shows How Dubai Has Changed In Few Years. by ghettowriter(m): 6:14pm On Apr 28, 2017
I see Nigeria catching up soon.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fascinating Then And Now Photos Shows How Dubai Has Changed In Few Years. by Nobody: 6:14pm On Apr 28, 2017
Oil money good ooooooooooooooooo.
Last I checked, Nigeria also has oil.
Why are we still undeveloped?
Oh I forgot
CORRUPTION!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Fascinating Then And Now Photos Shows How Dubai Has Changed In Few Years. by Explorers(m): 6:16pm On Apr 28, 2017
Dubai International Airport 1971 and now.

Re: Fascinating Then And Now Photos Shows How Dubai Has Changed In Few Years. by Explorers(m): 6:18pm On Apr 28, 2017
Dubai Marina in 2003 and now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fascinating Then And Now Photos Shows How Dubai Has Changed In Few Years. by Explorers(m): 6:19pm On Apr 28, 2017
Waterways then and now.

Re: Fascinating Then And Now Photos Shows How Dubai Has Changed In Few Years. by Explorers(m): 6:19pm On Apr 28, 2017
Men gather in al-Naif souq, one of the oldest traditional markets in Dubai.

Re: Fascinating Then And Now Photos Shows How Dubai Has Changed In Few Years. by freeradical(m): 6:25pm On Apr 28, 2017
A country with serious and sincere leaders and a people with one will and desire to forge ahead as one people. There is no limit to what man can achieve if we put our heads together. The story of the tower of Babel in the Bible is actually God revealing this truth to us but yet we cannot live above reckless hate.

I weep for Nigeria!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fascinating Then And Now Photos Shows How Dubai Has Changed In Few Years. by Nobody: 6:28pm On Apr 28, 2017
alexistaiwo:
Oh I forgot
CORRUPTION!!!!!
1=before
2=After

My country is developing!

6 Likes

Re: Fascinating Then And Now Photos Shows How Dubai Has Changed In Few Years. by Nobody: 6:29pm On Apr 28, 2017
freeradical:
A country with serious and sincere leaders and a people with one will and desire to forge ahead as one people. There is no limit to what man can achieve if we put our heads together. The story of the tower of Babel in the Bible is actually God revealing this truth to us but yet we cannot live above reckless hate.

I weep for Nigeria!
Keep weeping my broda

3 Likes

Re: Fascinating Then And Now Photos Shows How Dubai Has Changed In Few Years. by freeradical(m): 6:30pm On Apr 28, 2017
folarinmiles:

Keep weeping my broda

You too should weep. See what an Arab nation with an arid climate has been able to achieve with their God given talent. Here your leaders are only thinking about how to share power in 2019.

8 Likes

Re: Fascinating Then And Now Photos Shows How Dubai Has Changed In Few Years. by femolacqua(m): 6:30pm On Apr 28, 2017
Why can't we pick a leaf from this people?

1 Like

Re: Fascinating Then And Now Photos Shows How Dubai Has Changed In Few Years. by Rilwayne001: 6:30pm On Apr 28, 2017
The same cannot be said of this shithole called Nigeria even in 100 years time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fascinating Then And Now Photos Shows How Dubai Has Changed In Few Years. by Explorers(m): 6:43pm On Apr 28, 2017
Re: Fascinating Then And Now Photos Shows How Dubai Has Changed In Few Years. by Nobody: 6:45pm On Apr 28, 2017
freeradical:

You too should weep. See what an Arab nation with an arid climate has been able to achieve with their God given talent. Here your leaders are only thinking about how to share power in 2019.
Divided we stand in Nigeria.
They're Arabs, when there leader does wrong, every unite to scold him/her.
But here in Nigeria, some tribe will praise him for being a failure, and some set will try every possible means to thwart every good will he has coz he's not from their tribe

8 Likes

Re: Fascinating Then And Now Photos Shows How Dubai Has Changed In Few Years. by UnlimitedIfex(m): 7:12pm On Apr 28, 2017
alexistaiwo:
Oh I forgot
CORRUPTION!!!!!
If na corruption 9ja 4 don develop. Nigeria is facing an higher level of corruption called KWARRAPTION according 2 Presido

2 Likes

Re: Fascinating Then And Now Photos Shows How Dubai Has Changed In Few Years. by Funjosh(m): 7:55pm On Apr 28, 2017
ghettowriter:

Not in this world

2 Likes

Re: Fascinating Then And Now Photos Shows How Dubai Has Changed In Few Years. by cyojunior1(m): 9:34pm On Apr 28, 2017
ghettowriter:

I think in ua dream .keep dreaming

1 Like

Re: Fascinating Then And Now Photos Shows How Dubai Has Changed In Few Years. by Nobody: 9:42pm On Apr 28, 2017
Which way Nigeria?
our old-men don't want to let go of the country's resources to the present generation and allow for development.

its explores the wicked thread creator
Re: Fascinating Then And Now Photos Shows How Dubai Has Changed In Few Years. by ghettowriter(m): 10:36pm On Apr 28, 2017
cyojunior1:

I think in ua dream .keep dreaming

Its no crime to dream. Or, is it?

1 Like

Re: Fascinating Then And Now Photos Shows How Dubai Has Changed In Few Years. by ichommy(m): 11:10pm On Apr 28, 2017
ghettowriter:

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fascinating Then And Now Photos Shows How Dubai Has Changed In Few Years. by guttentag(m): 11:39pm On Apr 28, 2017
What crime did we committ in this hell hole called Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Fascinating Then And Now Photos Shows How Dubai Has Changed In Few Years. by Explorers(m): 5:34am On Apr 29, 2017
Aerial of D-S Road site office then and now.

4 Likes

Re: Fascinating Then And Now Photos Shows How Dubai Has Changed In Few Years. by Explorers(m): 5:38am On Apr 29, 2017
This fellow was a regular on the creek".

These men used to transport people across the creek.

Taken in December 1965. Courtesy Michael Hamilton-Clark

Re: Fascinating Then And Now Photos Shows How Dubai Has Changed In Few Years. by Explorers(m): 5:40am On Apr 29, 2017
Maktoum Bridge in 1967 and now.

Re: Fascinating Then And Now Photos Shows How Dubai Has Changed In Few Years. by Explorers(m): 5:51am On Apr 29, 2017
An open market in downtown Dubai in the 1960s, far cry from the glitzy malls that now make the city a hub for global luxury shoppers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fascinating Then And Now Photos Shows How Dubai Has Changed In Few Years. by Explorers(m): 5:56am On Apr 29, 2017
Changing landscapes:

Bur Dubai the historical heart of the city, translated as 'mainland Dubai' is shown the early stages of its development boom.

Today what's left of the old city contains several renovated traditional homes, boutique hotels and cafes

1 Like

Re: Fascinating Then And Now Photos Shows How Dubai Has Changed In Few Years. by Explorers(m): 6:03am On Apr 29, 2017
An open market in Deira then and now.

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

15 Cheap Hotels In Lagos / I Got An Offer In Uk / Study In Slovakia Visa Guaranteed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.