Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,768 members, 7,817,117 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? (17303 Views)

Chelsea Fan Dies After Lampard's city equalizer. / Mikel Dusts Essien, Song, Gerrard And Scholes: / Xavi Vs Lampard Who's Better (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? by ritchboy(m): 8:26pm On Jan 13, 2010
Ibime
u are a sodding ignoramus. Why single out strength? If u dont even know what it means for a person to be FIT, you should tender a written apology to ur old man for wasting his hard earned money sending u to school.

P.S. Is Mascherano a holding midfielder?
Re: Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? by Ibime(m): 8:27pm On Jan 13, 2010
ritchboy:

He wasnt dropped for protection. He was dropped cos he was SH.T! U cited one game gerrard played badly for england, well lampard is ALWAYS SH.T in black & white/red!
At the world cup, he couldnt manage a single shot on target despite having over 30 attempts, SHAME!
Gerrard plays far better for England than lampard. Only a Frank-a-pologist like yourself would dispute this! grin grin

Lamps always plays shite for England, thats why he was top-scorer in 2006 WC qualifying and Euro 2004. Thats why he was English national team player of the year in 2004 and 2005.

Thats why hes scored more goals for England than Gerrard in less appearances.

What is Gerrards litany of excuses for his poor performances for 9 years for England. . . . that he cannot get the no8 shirt.

The problem started in 2006 when Gerrard was riding on the wave of 2 wonder goals in FA Cup final.

He started complaining in the press that Lamps is taking his spot.

English fans had been brainwashed to believe they would win the World Cup if only Gerrard was given the no8 shirt.  grin

The fickle fans started to boo Lamps. . . . just like they used to boo Hargreaves. . . .everyone started pushing pressure on McLaren to drop Lamps. . . he may have done so against Andorra. . . no one knows. . .  but the official line is that Lamps was injured.

Anyway, Lamps was back the next game. . . then got injured. . .

Lucky for Gerrard, he got the shirt when Lamps was injured. . . and proved an absolute disaster against Russia.

4 years later, Lamps still has the no8.

A wise head like Capello recognised that Lamps has won the midfield battle.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/international/article4903404.ece

After 8 years of struggling with Lamps (and losing) for the no8 shirt, one would assume that time itself has proved Lamps superior in that position.

Now, go and check the teams Gerrard has scored most of his England goals against, then go and check Lamps
Re: Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? by Sauron1: 8:33pm On Jan 13, 2010
Ibime:

After 8 years of struggling with Lamps (and losing) for the no8 shirt, one would assume that time itself has proved Lamps superior in that position.

If Capello has balls, he must exempt Gerrard from the central midfield roles cos he will kill England's dreams again in South Africa.
There is ONLY one reason Liverpool haven't been able to win the Premier League for 20 years: Steven Gerrard!!!
Re: Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? by Ibime(m): 8:41pm On Jan 13, 2010
~Sauron~:

If Capello has balls, he must exempt Gerrard from the central midfield roles cos he will kill England's dreams again in South Africa.
There is ONLY one reason Liverpool haven't been able to win the Premier League for 20 years: Steven Gerrard!!!

We have heard all their excuses. . . . they said Lamps scored and made goals because of the midfielders behind him. . . .are Essien and Ballack better than Alonso and Mascherano?. . . . is Drogba better than Torres?. . . . are Kalou/Malouda/Joe Cole better than Riera, Benayoun and Kuyt?

Gerrard has an equally efficient supporting cast around him. . . of the same level as Lamps.

The reason Liverpool perform worse than Chelsea must be either Benitez or Gerrard!  grin grin grin
Re: Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? by ritchboy(m): 8:45pm On Jan 13, 2010
Hahaha, who let dumb & dumber loose? There are no prizes for guessing who Dumber is! cheesy

ibime
b4 i address ur latest piece of rubbish, answer this question so sauron can STFU: can Mascherano be called a holding midfielder? YES OR NO
Re: Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? by Sauron1: 8:47pm On Jan 13, 2010
Ibime:

The reason Liverpool perform worse than Chelsea must be either Benitez or Gerrard!  grin grin grin

I can vouch for Benitez. . . . . He won league titles in Valencia.
It is def'ly Gerrard. . . . .The bestest midfielder in the planet who cannot lead his army of lunatics to a LEAGUE GLORY.
I am willing to have a bet with Ritchboy that Cesc Fabregas will win a league title before Gerrard does. grin
Re: Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? by Cristalz(f): 1:09am On Jan 14, 2010
@Ritchboi
Dearie, kindly slow your roll on the insults, k? It's possible to get your points across without resorting to 'em.
Hope I won't need to retype this. smiley
Re: Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? by Ibime(m): 6:10am On Jan 14, 2010
Cristalz:

@Ritchboi
Dearie, kindly slow your roll on the insults, k? It's possible to get your points across without resorting to 'em.

Dont worry about it. . . . no one is offended by the insults. . . . its all done in the right spirit.

@ Sauron,

Now Gerrard is out of the FA Cup.  grin grin grin

Oh Xabi Alonso, where art thou?
Re: Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? by jalether(m): 10:33am On Jan 14, 2010
My verdict
both players are overrated, the english media will easily have you believe they are the best midfielders in the world

but truth be told, Gerrard is a better player than lampard, despite his positional indiscipline in the midfield, he is more influential

for his club, it is not a coincidence that liverpool play so badly and struggle to even draw a game in Gerrard's absence.

while Lampard is very consistent and more disciplined, he pales in comparison to Gerrard in other areas, it is important to acknowledge

the misleading nature of stats, it doesn't tell the whole story like Ritchie said stats will tell you Lamps is better than Iniesta and it's interesting how

you (ibime and sauron) have chosen to ignore the bolded statement. I'm not saying stats is completely useless, ofcourse it can provide answers to some

questions but in this context it has to be dismissed.

we all have eyes and can see each players influence and contribution to their respective clubs

1 Like

Re: Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? by ritchboy(m): 11:31am On Jan 14, 2010
Jalether
ibime & sauron aka dumb & dumber dont have a clue!

Cris
as usual you've decided to single me out, but HEY! I'm used to it. No one takes offense. . . What offends me is sauron saying mascherano is not a holding midfielder and his boyfriend ibime refuses to tell him he's wrong so he doesnt hurt his feelings cheesy grin

ibime
u are a military grade coward. Answer my questions or lose the little credibility you have cheesy
A. Is Mascherano a holding midfielder?
B. When gerrard & lampard used to play together without Barry, who held his POSITION for the other to venture forward?
C. Is lampard a better player than iniesta?
D. How do you define a FIT person(i'll give u permission to consult a dictionary for this).
E. After properly understanding the term, do you still say lampard is FITTER than essien?
F. Have you started writing that apology? grin grin grin

P.S. If lampard was dropped for "protection" or due to injury as you claim, WHY THE FUKC WAS HE SITTING ON THE BENCH AND GIVEN THE NUMBER 15 SHIRT?!
Re: Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? by jidbuk(m): 11:36am On Jan 14, 2010
i dont knw y u bring unreasonable question to the public, i knw quite alright ,u must be chelsea fan.
cool[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? by ritchboy(m): 11:39am On Jan 14, 2010
As for Alonso, he was a liverpool player when they FINISHED 5TH!! Almost 40 points(the number they say guarantees surviving relegation) behind the league leaders!
U might as well blame Arbeloa's departure for their slump! cheesy
Re: Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? by Ibime(m): 1:39pm On Jan 14, 2010
jalether:

the misleading nature of stats, it doesn't tell the whole story like Ritchie said stats will tell you Lamps is better than Iniesta and it's interesting how

It is a different league with a different style of play and played against different opponents. In Spain for example, they have more passes, run less kilometres and convert less set pieces. Also, they do not fulfill the same role, unlike Lamps and Gerrard.

If we do judge them, we would judge them within constraints, but the judgement would be more qualitative than quantitative.

Iniesta's passing stats are infinitely better than Lamps because Barca take more touches than Chelsea. Have you checked Iniestas successful dribbles stats in comparison to Lampard?

If I say Lamps is a better scorer than Iniesta, am I wrong?

Stats tell me Iniesta is a better passer and better dribbler. Lampard is a better scorer. . . . .now I can make a judgement on who is better overall and say Iniesta is better overall.

In Lamps/Gerrard case, stats tell me Lamps is a better passer, assister, scorer, tackler, runner. . . .they play in the same league, and in the same role. . . .and last season at least, Liverpool performed better than Chelsea, so the team they play for doesnt come into it.

So which single variable should I use to conclude that Gerrard is better than Lamps?

Km covered per game. Na Lampard get am
Goals scored. Na Lampard
Passes made. Na Lampard
% successful passes. Na Lampard
Tackles made. Na Lampard
Blocks made. Na Lampard
Assists made. Na Lampard
Key passes made. Na Lampard
% successful crosses. Na Lampard
Corners won. Na Lampard
Freekicks won. Na Lampard

Please give me just one statistic to put Gerrard ahead of him.

Or you want me to rely on two wonder strikes against West Ham (against a body of contrary evidence) to conclude that Gerrard is better than Lamps?

MUGU!

ritchboy:

How do you define a FIT person(i'll give u permission to consult a dictionary for this).

How do you define fitness?

Give me YOUR definition, and I will use it to prove that Lamps is fitter than Gerrard and Essien.

ritchboy:

B. When gerrard & lampard used to play together without Barry, who held his POSITION for the other to venture forward?

Mugu, the only time Gerrard has ever held for Lampard was in 2003-2005.

Since then, Gerrard has played right-wing, left-wing, and second striker. . . . all with the LICENCE to go forward.

Since 2008, Gerrard has all freedom to go forward from his left wing position, whilst Lamps and Barry have to hold for him.

What is the reason for Gerrards poorer return?

Like I told you, go and check Gerrards goals for England. . . . plenty plenty goals against Andorra and Trinidad and Tobacco. . . . Gerrard has never scored against a big team in his life except in the 5-1 trashings of Germany and Croatia.
Re: Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? by allboyz(m): 2:09pm On Jan 14, 2010
@topic - Gerrard!
Re: Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? by ritchboy(m): 3:10pm On Jan 14, 2010
Ibime
i have already given you "my" definition of fitness. It's a combination of physical attributes such as stamina, strength, balance, agility, jumping. Let me score them off the top of my head on a scale of 1-10.
Lampard:
stamina - 9
strength - 5
balance - 6
agility - 4
jumping - 3

Gerrard:
stamina - 9
strength - 7
balance - 7
agility - 6
jumping - 5

Essien:
stamina - 9
strength - 9
balance - 8
agility - 7
jumping - 7

Essien:40
Gerrard:34
Lampard:27

and u are there typing rubbish. . . u put the DUN in DUNCE!

Lampard doesnt hold shyte for England, Barry does. Because he's done it a few times you are telling me he "holds for gerrard since xxxx", u are a disgrace! At least u agree gerrard used to hold for lampard pre Barry.

IS MASCHERANO A HOLDING MIDFIELDER?!
Re: Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? by nateevs(m): 3:30pm On Jan 14, 2010
This thread is still on. . . This thread is going to be as old as the rest of their careers. . . grin
Re: Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? by nateevs(m): 3:32pm On Jan 14, 2010
Cristalz:

@Ritchboi

This is the most hilarious post on this page. . . grin grin
Someone's using Criz' ID. grin grin
Re: Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? by Ibime(m): 3:40pm On Jan 14, 2010
ritchboy:

Ibime
i have already given you "my" definition of fitness. It's a combination of physical attributes such as stamina, strength, balance, agility, jumping. Let me score them off the top of my head on a scale of 1-10.
Lampard:
stamina - 9
strength - 5
balance - 6
agility - 4
jumping - 3

Gerrard:
stamina - 9
strength - 7
balance - 7
agility - 6
jumping - 5

Essien:
stamina - 9
strength - 9
balance - 8
agility - 7
jumping - 7

Essien:40
Gerrard:34
Lampard:27

hahahahaha. . . . pure rubbish. . . . in football, fitness means stamina and nothing else. . . .  end of.

Lemme show you how silly your definition is:

Titus Bramble:

Stamina: 3
Strength: 10
Balance: 5
Agility: 3
Jumping: 9

Andre Arshavin:

Stamina: 8
Strength: 1
Balance: 8
Agility: 8
Jumping: 1

Total:

Titus Bramble: 30
Andre Arshavin: 26

Based on your criteria, Titus Bramble is fitter than Andre Arshavin!

MUGU!

Fitness in football simply means how much can you run.

And by the way, who told you Gerrard is stronger than Lamps? Definitely not by two points if at all.

Have you seen anyone push Lamps off the ball?

Is strength not a function of weight and centre of gravity?

Go and check Lampards weight, then check Gerrards weight. Theres a 6 kilogram difference in favour of Lamps.

Soon you will tell me its cos Gerrard has more muscles.  tongue
Re: Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? by ritchboy(m): 4:03pm On Jan 14, 2010
Ibime
there is no such thing as "fitness in football", FITNESS IS FITNESS. Its a PHYSICAL thing. Only TECHNICAL attributes are tied to a sport i.e shooting, passing, dribbling vary from sport to sport. EEDEEYOT! Soon you will tell me "height in football", "weight in football", "pace in football". . . They are all PHYSICAL, they do not vary, DUNCE!

Even though some of ur ratings are inaccurate(brambles stamina @ 3 is shocking), why cant Bramble be fitter than Arshavin? The same Arshavin whose ability to play twice a week in a league as physical as the EPL Wenger questioned? cheesy

Strength is not necessarily tied to weight, FOOL! How much does crouch weigh? How strong is he?
Gerrard is stronger than lampard, you can take that to Yar'Adua's funeral, GOAT!
Re: Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? by ritchboy(m): 4:13pm On Jan 14, 2010
Ibime
I see you modified ur post. Center of gravity has more to do with BALANCE than strength, COW! How strong is Messi?
At this point, your credibility has a very big question mark over it cheesy grin
Re: Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? by Ibime(m): 5:07pm On Jan 14, 2010
ritchboy:

Ibime
there is no such thing as "fitness in football", FITNESS IS FITNESS. Its a PHYSICAL thing. Only TECHNICAL attributes are tied to a sport i.e shooting, passing, dribbling vary from sport to sport. EEDEEYOT!

Mugu, have you ever seen a marathon runner in the gym lifting weights to build his strength?

Or a weight lifter running miles to improve his stamina?

Different sports require different components of fitness.

A players stamina defines a players fitness in football. End of.

Im done arguing nonsense with you. Someone who cant even admit that a player a who covers 1km per game more than  player b is fitter than player b is not worth my time.
Re: Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? by Sauron1: 5:48pm On Jan 14, 2010
Una still dey here?

South Africa will give us another chance to assess Lampard/Gerrard once more. . . .but it's no brainer that Lampard whups Gerrard's behind.
Lets freeze this debate until summer.

@ Sauron,

Now Gerrard is out of the FA Cup.  grin grin grin
Oh Xabi Alonso, where art thou?

It was inevitable.
U need to see how RAWKITES were cursing Gerrard last night.
One fan said. . . Never, have I felt so low as a Liverpool fan as I have tonight. The team were spineless, gutless and showed no measure of character whatsoever and that's what hurts the most.
There are so many sub-standard players out there. Insua, Lucas, Ngog and Babel to name but four. But for me, Gerrard is starting to fuckin get on my [b]t[/b]its. Bottom lip is firmly out and that's no fuckin way for a captain to behave, let alone the captain of this club. If he expects to play with world class players every week, then fuckoff to Madrid because frankly your petulant arm throwing and dagger-esque looks are doing nobody any favours. Yes we can understand your frustration, but Bleep me, there are plenty of better ways to show it.

What another bleeping sh.it week for the soap opera that is Liverpool FC.
Shankly must be spinning in his grave at the set of wankers currently inhabiting Anfield. The whole club is a mess from the two cunts at the top, to Rafa's bizzarre and frankly, tiresome, backing of sub-standard players and to those players who clearly have chucked their toys out the pram. Frankly I'm ashamed to be a fan of the club at this present time. Anyone see the lad crying at the end?
Perhaps they ought to bleeping show that to this shower just to reinforce how much this club means to people.
Sorry for the rant, and post-match is probably not wise to come on here, but my emotion has got the better of me. A very, very, depressed Red!
Re: Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? by ritchboy(m): 7:51pm On Jan 14, 2010
Ibime
you possess the intelligence of a beaver-tailed cockroach!
Strength has nothing to do with marathon running. . .
Stamina has little to do with weigth lifting. . .
Strength, stamina, and the other things i listed play a BIG ROLE in football, so they ARE part of the "components" of "fitness in football", as you put it, DUNCE!!

Anyone who cant understand this definitely isnt worth my time. . . APE!! grin grin

this thread is now due for locking. . . . Until Lampard improves or Gerrard DIES, it should never be posted in again grin
Re: Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? by dyabman(m): 2:24pm On Jan 15, 2010
na wa ooo
Re: Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? by nateevs(m): 4:47pm On Jan 15, 2010
What an anti-climatic end to the whole debate. . tongue
Re: Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? by Heywhizzy(m): 9:42am On Jan 13, 2019

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

AC Milan Vs Liverpool UCL (1 - 2) On 7th December 2021 / FC Zurich Vs Arsenal: Europa League (1 - 2) On 8th September 2022 / AFC Bournemouth Vs Liverpool (0 - 4) On 8th December 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.