Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,867 members, 7,810,301 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:28 AM

Diamond Bank To Re-introduce Stamp Duty Charges. - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Diamond Bank To Re-introduce Stamp Duty Charges. (10318 Views)

Nigerians To Pay Stamp Duty On ATM Printouts, Some Whatsapp Messages - FIRS / Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) / Stamp Duty Charges Extended To Savings Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diamond Bank To Re-introduce Stamp Duty Charges. by georgen2u(m): 7:55am On Apr 29, 2017
Let me transfer all my money to access Bank shit

1 Like

Re: Diamond Bank To Re-introduce Stamp Duty Charges. by smartty68(m): 7:55am On Apr 29, 2017
Naija which way

Re: Diamond Bank To Re-introduce Stamp Duty Charges. by eightsin(m): 7:56am On Apr 29, 2017
First bank has been charging since March or there about. I was pissed and emailed them when I got a charge of about 1k plus... the tin cut d money when I dey plan so I vex well well but last last na dis smae stupid story them tell me, I gat chill
Re: Diamond Bank To Re-introduce Stamp Duty Charges. by Nobody: 8:00am On Apr 29, 2017
Cesc001:
I swear... I will Immediately Transfer everything to Gtbank now now... Bye bye to Diamond Bank
Bye bye to Diamond Bank

Re: Diamond Bank To Re-introduce Stamp Duty Charges. by anigbajumo(m): 8:00am On Apr 29, 2017
Hun,just opened acct with them last week.I will use all the 3k to sub nd recharge my phone. Make I enjoy my two other banks....

Fuvk Yer diamond.
Re: Diamond Bank To Re-introduce Stamp Duty Charges. by blazebright: 8:11am On Apr 29, 2017
baylord101:
I got this mail from Diamond bank this morning:

In compliance with the Stamp Duties Act & Federal Government Regulations Act of 2009, CBN has directed that a Stamp duty charge of N50 be paid on every single deposit over N1,000 either by Teller or electronically to the Federal Government by the account holder.
In keeping with the CBN directive, Diamond Bank will be collecting this charge on Thursday, 4 May 2017 for the period of Dec 1, 2016 – March 31, 2017.
Please note that these charges will be applied as one debit per month within the stated period.
For enquiries, please call our 24hour Contact Centre on 0700 300 0000, send an e-mail to enquiries@diamondbank.com. To make a complaint, please send an email to complaints@diamondbank.com.
Thank you for choosing Diamond, Your Bank. kiss
I will withdraw my money sharp sharp. Then put it in my GTB account
Re: Diamond Bank To Re-introduce Stamp Duty Charges. by buffalowings: 8:15am On Apr 29, 2017
You see how these banks make profit

Byy extorting customers

I dey look at that yeye GTB, Dem dey cry soul food upandan on YouTube

To make loans available to SMEs at reasonable rates they won't do that
Re: Diamond Bank To Re-introduce Stamp Duty Charges. by talk2aikay(m): 8:27am On Apr 29, 2017
On top of the fact that they are stealing trillions left by dead account holders whom they have deliberately refused to contact their next of kin's, these thieves are still extorting Nigerians. No wahala, soon we'll jettison the use of banks and change methods
Re: Diamond Bank To Re-introduce Stamp Duty Charges. by mikeP20: 8:28am On Apr 29, 2017
[quote author=daneni1 post=56023429]Is the stamp duty on all form of account if so, shey me wey be student go still dey pay d same kind of proportional tax with all those baba olowo.[/quote
Re: Diamond Bank To Re-introduce Stamp Duty Charges. by Nobody: 8:41am On Apr 29, 2017
Na to change bank sure pass o!
Re: Diamond Bank To Re-introduce Stamp Duty Charges. by mekuso89(m): 8:52am On Apr 29, 2017
well N50 no go make me poor
Re: Diamond Bank To Re-introduce Stamp Duty Charges. by upuphim(m): 9:04am On Apr 29, 2017
Is not supposed to affect only current account? Diamond copy other banks so that you live long.
Re: Diamond Bank To Re-introduce Stamp Duty Charges. by Mekanus(m): 9:09am On Apr 29, 2017
This people wan kill person o, make I come transfer all my money to my bros account sharpally.
Re: Diamond Bank To Re-introduce Stamp Duty Charges. by oruma19: 9:11am On Apr 29, 2017
Fidelity Bank has been collecting it since na, was it ever stopped? If it was stopped that means fidelity bank and UBA are big thieves. As a matter of fact they send text messages that do not have any link with me and still collect money at the end of the month. Nigerian banks are terrible thieves.

Re: Diamond Bank To Re-introduce Stamp Duty Charges. by jamex93(m): 9:32am On Apr 29, 2017
gtbank here I come.... thunder fire diamond bank
Re: Diamond Bank To Re-introduce Stamp Duty Charges. by lagosrd: 9:37am On Apr 29, 2017
Getting ready to close down my diamond bank account
Re: Diamond Bank To Re-introduce Stamp Duty Charges. by Ishilove: 10:04am On Apr 29, 2017
baylord101:

In compliance with the Stamp Duties Act & Federal Government Regulations Act of 2009, CBN has directed that a Stamp duty charge of N50 be paid on every single deposit over N1,000 either by Teller or electronically to the Federal Government by the account holder.
In keeping with the CBN directive, Diamond Bank will be collecting this charge on Thursday, 4 May 2017 for the period of Dec 1, 2016 – March 31, 2017.
Please note that these charges will be applied as one debit per month within the stated period.
For enquiries, please call our 24hour Contact Centre on 0700 300 0000, send an e-mail to enquiries@diamondbank.com. To make a complaint, please send an email to complaints@diamondbank.com.
I will kuku clear my account.
Re: Diamond Bank To Re-introduce Stamp Duty Charges. by donpeluchi(m): 10:33am On Apr 29, 2017
and who told u guys that GTB does not collect stamp duty??
Re: Diamond Bank To Re-introduce Stamp Duty Charges. by shawlar(m): 10:41am On Apr 29, 2017
baylord101:

Why are Nigerian businesses like this...??

This same stamp duty has been declared illegal by the courts, yet CBN/Diamond bank still want to implement it.

They'll collect the money now and when its time to reverse it we'll be hearing stories

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/04/court-stops-nipost-collecting-n50-stamp-duty/

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/business/stamp-duty-court-stops-fg-s-n5trn-tax-policy/193436.html

https://blog.deloitte.com.ng/no-more-%E2%82%A650-stamp-duty-on-bank-deposits-federal-high-court/

1 Like

Re: Diamond Bank To Re-introduce Stamp Duty Charges. by Nobody: 11:00am On Apr 29, 2017
So technically Diamond Bank is saying they will charge 50k stamp duity for 1 million naira deposit? Bitcoin is my new bank. Fvck Nigeria, fvck the government fvck Cbn.
Re: Diamond Bank To Re-introduce Stamp Duty Charges. by okwutency(m): 11:02am On Apr 29, 2017
Femich18:

Nah only Ponzi people dey deposit money abi you just feel like talking

Ha... Brother, na me them send u come this morning? I only made an obvious statement, and you come to attack me... Biko jirikwa ya nwayọọ....
Re: Diamond Bank To Re-introduce Stamp Duty Charges. by baylord101(m): 1:11pm On Apr 29, 2017
grossintel:
So technically Diamond Bank is saying they will charge 50k stamp duity for 1 million naira deposit? Bitcoin is my new bank. Fvck Nigeria, fvck the government fvck Cbn.
No, it's N50 on any deposit amount for stamp duty

1 Like

Re: Diamond Bank To Re-introduce Stamp Duty Charges. by soflygerian(m): 2:12pm On Apr 29, 2017
When they said:''Dec 1, 2016 –
March 31, 2017.
Please note that these charges will
be applied as one debit per month
within the stated period.'' does it mean am about to get 200 naira deduction from my student account...
Going to my village to dig a hole....
Re: Diamond Bank To Re-introduce Stamp Duty Charges. by azahmed(m): 2:59pm On Apr 29, 2017
Fidelity bank Neva stopped charging for once. They always charged once deres inflow in my account. I can't but wonder why d bank operates in irony of their name
Re: Diamond Bank To Re-introduce Stamp Duty Charges. by soflygerian(m): 3:32pm On Apr 29, 2017
Its seems like na GTB sure pass oh... (In 2baba voice) Oya come make we go
Re: Diamond Bank To Re-introduce Stamp Duty Charges. by Donbabaj: 4:01pm On Apr 29, 2017
The Federal high court issued a ruling that banks should stop charging Stamp duty. They are capitalising on d fact that only few are aware of this development. If any bank should charge me Stamp duty. I will personally sue them to court & request for a compensation of $1m.
Re: Diamond Bank To Re-introduce Stamp Duty Charges. by DAVE5(m): 10:25pm On Apr 29, 2017
All of una still dey waste time with that useless diamond bank... I don with everything from the idiotic bank account

Check out my transaction remark

" withdrawing every fvcking dime" fvck diamond bank for all I care

I use my GTB ATM card withdraw from their diamond ATM and they said the max amt per withdrawal was 10k, other bank ATM in day vicinity were either not paying or out of service and I had no choice so for all the withdrawal I did dat day, I was charged 65 abt 5 times...

Re: Diamond Bank To Re-introduce Stamp Duty Charges. by princeakins(m): 12:53am On Apr 30, 2017
[quote author=mikeP20 post=56026532][/quote]
Savings account ain't inclusive. Save ursef d pressure smiley
Re: Diamond Bank To Re-introduce Stamp Duty Charges. by princeakins(m): 12:55am On Apr 30, 2017
Ishilove:

I will kuku clear my account.

U too Ishilove cheesy shocked

Anyways

Savings accounts are excluded from stamp duty charges, safe ursef d stress baby cool
Re: Diamond Bank To Re-introduce Stamp Duty Charges. by princeakins(m): 12:59am On Apr 30, 2017
Cesc001:
Bye bye to Diamond Bank

Bruh I can assure u ur type of acct won't b charged for stamp duty.
Savings accounts r excluded.

Return ur money back o cool

Safe
Re: Diamond Bank To Re-introduce Stamp Duty Charges. by Nobody: 5:17am On Apr 30, 2017
princeakins:

Bruh I can assure u ur type of acct won't b charged for stamp duty.
Savings accounts r excluded.

Return ur money back o cool

Safe
Oga Diamond Bank re crazy... The last time I experienced this charge.... It was bloody... I feel safer with Gtb

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Where To Buy Wholesale Bags & Shoes For Re-sell At Cheap Prices In Lagos / CBN To Withdraw N7.9tr Dirty, Mutilated Notes / Forbidden Topics: MLM, HYIP, E-Gold, Forex, Affiliate Links & Adverts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.