Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,441 members, 7,823,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

Please Come In. I Need An Advice. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Please Come In. I Need An Advice. (686 Views)

In Need Of An Advice / Please Come In If You Are An Experienced Poet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Come In. I Need An Advice. by Momentjs: 6:27am On Apr 29, 2017
Good Morning Nairalanders. I need some advice from the awesome readers and writers community here. There's this awesome idea (I thought it's awesome) I was asked to do research if people might really want it.
A platform that gives everyone the power to publish their work/story/books to a large audience (say A million) for a small price. Might be inform of mobile Application. For example, a good writer can start a story for a token like #200, and this story has the potential of being subscribed to by more than 500,000 people, each one of them paying #200 to access the Story. Isn't that awesome? For a young writer. And, the benefits for readers are immense. You all know that feeling when we read books/stories we really Love.
There are people working earnestly on this platform as I am typing this. But, I do have questions which I feel people here are going to give me excellent answers.
My Questions are.
1. How do you see this platform growing.
2. What are the basic challenges you think can face this platform.
3. As a writer, will you like to publish your work on this type of platform?
4. As a reader, can you subscribe for a story/book you know that it's interesting?

Thanks all.
If there is anything you don't understand, please do tell me.
Re: Please Come In. I Need An Advice. by ernesty20(m): 6:33am On Apr 29, 2017
You Mean After Paying The 200 Naira, The Updates Will Be Rushing Like A Tap Water? Because The Thunder Wey Go Fire Una Lazy Ass Still Dey Gym!! Nonsense
Re: Please Come In. I Need An Advice. by Momentjs: 6:51am On Apr 29, 2017
ernesty20:
You Mean After Paying The 200 Naira, The Updates Will Be Rushing Like A Tap Water? Because The Thunder Wey Go Fire Una Lazy Ass Still Dey Gym!! Nonsense

But, why did you need to be offensive. Perhaps, you didn't understand what I was trying to point out, you should have just asked. Please don't let intelligent people think I am asking irrelevant questions. please.
You can always air your opinions without abuse.

1 Like

Re: Please Come In. I Need An Advice. by Momentjs: 6:58am On Apr 29, 2017
Bibijay123
Larrysun
Audrey Timms
Mynd44
prettySpicey
Divepen1
TheRock555
Tiffanyj
Kingzpen
D9ty7
Flow1759
Ishilove
Royver
Redmosquito
Kayemjay
Maziomenuko
Repogirl
Glowingscenes
Frank317
Zuby77
Amiablejay
Stefikal
Eze_promoe
Princesa
Sebonzakura-kageyoshi
Danwrites
Slickest
Vantee20
Chistar01
360prince
Domawoleye
Eze2000
Fantasyisland
Clemzy16
Foxyflow
Humbledbygrace
Victvames
Fiyah
Mattkent
Fembleez1
oluwabuqqyYOLO
rapmike
underage
yemi2plus
donkross1
onihaxy
davidflo
fatalveli
iphekitan
skarlett
handie

Please I need you'll here.
Re: Please Come In. I Need An Advice. by AlamienDagash(m): 10:32am On Apr 29, 2017
i don't know which sort of advice you want. you need to cognizes me
Re: Please Come In. I Need An Advice. by Eze2000(m): 8:51pm On Apr 29, 2017
Never one to let a fellow down.

What's up man? Don't tell me u wanna get married to a suspected lesbian!

...........modified

Your platform will fail fail just nairaland literature is failing due to a scarcity of professional or talented work.
What you have described is a platform that suits plagiarism perfectly.and of little use to authors. Unless u figure a way to make it worthwhile for authors, u are wasting your time. look at it this way....

I suffer for 4 month to build a story, pay 200 for 1m to read it. 500,000 copy it to their websites in 4 mins and make $$$ via Ads. what is my gain?

Re: Please Come In. I Need An Advice. by onihaxy: 9:16pm On Apr 29, 2017
It's a cool idea I must say. One of us here started similar thing not quite long "okadabooks" and the platform is doing so great. If you are passionate about it, bring it on
Re: Please Come In. I Need An Advice. by Momentjs: 12:35am On Apr 30, 2017
onihaxy:
It's a cool idea I must say. One of us here started similar thing not quite long "okadabooks" and the platform is doing so great. If you are passionate about it, bring it on

Thanks Man.
Re: Please Come In. I Need An Advice. by Momentjs: 12:38am On Apr 30, 2017
Eze2000:
Never one to let a fellow down.

What's up man? Don't tell me u wanna get married to a suspected lesbian!

...........modified

Your platform will fail fail just nairaland literature is failing due to a scarcity of professional or talented work.
What you have described is a platform that suits plagiarism perfectly.and of little use to authors. Unless u figure a way to make it worthwhile for authors, u are wasting your time. look at it this way....

I suffer for 4 month to build a story, pay 200 for 1m to read it. 500,000 copy it to their websites in 4 mins and make $$$ via Ads. what is my gain?

Maybe what I wrote there isn't comprehensive enough. You won't need to pay before you publish a Story. And as for plagiarism, we as required working on a way around it.
Re: Please Come In. I Need An Advice. by rapmike(m): 10:06am On May 01, 2017
Boss, I sight you.
OP, its a nice idea and it should grow but you may have hitches with people subscribing as they may just want to read through without dropping anything. Then
you will definitely have to deal with plaigarism.
onihaxy:
Re: Please Come In. I Need An Advice. by Momentjs: 6:08pm On May 01, 2017
rapmike:
Boss, I sight you.
OP, its a nice idea and it should grow but you may have hitches with people subscribing as they may just want to read through without dropping anything. Then
you will definitely have to deal with plaigarism.

Yeah. Thanks Bro.

(1) (Reply)

Who Has Ever Related To This?? LOL / It Been A Long Time Without You ..a Love Story That Make You Cry / The Spouse I Wanted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.