Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,480 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:59 PM

Has Rwanda Overtaken Nigeria? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Has Rwanda Overtaken Nigeria? (10758 Views)

This Is How Food Items Are Distributed In Rwanda - Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala / Sani Musa & Sabi Abdullahi: ‘Niger State Overtaken By Bandits’ / Kwara Governor-elect Lands In Rwanda, Bid Farewell To The Business World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has Rwanda Overtaken Nigeria? by Agbaletu: 4:30pm On Apr 29, 2017
It is high time we all accepted that this country is not moving forward.
Ordinary 12 hours electricity throughout Nigeria at the same time is non-existence.
I will always support anything that will cause the disintegration of this country. We are not where we should be as a people and nation.

12 Likes

Re: Has Rwanda Overtaken Nigeria? by backtosender: 4:34pm On Apr 29, 2017
Ruwanda a land lock country far better than Nigeria with all the sea and ocean surrounding what a shame

2 Likes

Re: Has Rwanda Overtaken Nigeria? by Agbaletu: 4:37pm On Apr 29, 2017
backtosender:
Ruwanda a land lock country far better than Nigeria with all the sea and ocean surrounding what a shame
The country is not only land locked but hilly. There is no flat land. That is why they called them a country of a thousand hills.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Rwanda Overtaken Nigeria? by Rossikk(m): 4:38pm On Apr 29, 2017
backtosender:
Far better how? Do you realise the majority of Rwandans are poor villagers who live without enough food or electricity? The op is deceiving you. Rwanda is trying but they are not in Nigeria's league at all.

5 Likes

Re: Has Rwanda Overtaken Nigeria? by caleboxylic: 4:53pm On Apr 29, 2017
hedonistic:

The highlighted text just did it for me. This is my number one consideration whenever I'm assessing any location for its liveability. I'm in love right now and would surely try to visit Kigali in the near future.

By the way, which Nigerian town or city, do you reckon, comes closest to having a semblance of a "general mood of tranquility, restraint, and soberness"? It used to be between Calabar and Abuja, but both cities have been corrupted and are now ridden with crime and insecurity.

My best bet now is Abakaliki, but then, who knows anywhere better?
Enugu.

6 Likes

Re: Has Rwanda Overtaken Nigeria? by raker300: 4:55pm On Apr 29, 2017
Rossikk:
Far better how? Do you realise the majority of Rwandans are poor villagers who live without enough food or electricity? The op is deceiving you. Rwanda is trying but they are not in Nigeria's league at all.
yes and nigerians are so rich beyond measure...listen to yourself man!

20 million nigerians are going to die of starvation by 2030...let that sink in

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Has Rwanda Overtaken Nigeria? by theSpark(m): 6:34pm On Apr 29, 2017
Rossikk:

I beg to differ sir. Only 39% of Rwandans are poor. Only 30% of Nigerians are not poor. Plus our government is needlessly wicked and corrupt on all the different levels. Rwanda is not as corrupt a society as Nigeria is.

Nigeria has a long way to go, it's not just our large economy that will make life worth living here. Are our police officers effective? Is public service working? Are our many cities neat? In these areas Nigeria is playing catch up to Rwanda.

And Paul Kagame is a visionary leader. Who wouldn't want to live in such a place?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Rwanda Overtaken Nigeria? by Agbaletu: 8:14pm On Apr 29, 2017
theSpark:

I beg to differ sir. Only 39% of Rwandans are poor. Only 30% of Nigerians are not poor. Plus our government is needlessly wicked and corrupt on all the different levels. Rwanda is not as corrupt a society as Nigeria is.

Nigeria has a long way to go, it's not just our large economy that will make life worth living here. Are our police officers effective? Is public service working? Are our many cities neat? In these areas Nigeria is playing catch up to Rwanda.

And Paul Kagame is a visionary leader. Who wouldn't want to live in such a place?
God bless you for this submission. Some of these uninformed don't know anything about Rwanda.

5 Likes

Re: Has Rwanda Overtaken Nigeria? by deomelo: 8:29pm On Apr 29, 2017
raker300:
Remove oil and Nigeria is the poorest country in Africa.

2017, we're still talking of diversification.

Rwanda's exports are as follows:

Without oil, Lagos is the 5th largest economy in Africa

Lagos State's GDP is $131 Billion. Not even up to 1 billion.

Rwnada's GDP is $697.35

Abeg stop the ignorance and quit putting your own country down just because you hate Nigeria or want your own ipob.

1 Like

Re: Has Rwanda Overtaken Nigeria? by raker300: 9:06pm On Apr 29, 2017
deomelo:

Rwnada's GDP is $697.35

Abeg stop the ignorance and quit putting your own country down just because you hate Nigeria or want your own ipob.
lagos has so much money and what has it achieved? Be reasonable

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Rwanda Overtaken Nigeria? by Agbaletu: 9:11pm On Apr 29, 2017
raker300:
They have forgotten that it is not about being rich but being able to manage what you have.

8 Likes

Re: Has Rwanda Overtaken Nigeria? by AshiwajuFoward: 9:14pm On Apr 29, 2017
deomelo:

Rwnada's GDP is $697.35

Guy, ignore these iPob clowns. Imagine them hyping Rwanda for goodness sakes. Rwanda Wey be say infrastructure-wise e no even develop reach Ikeja sef. cheesy No need even doing pictorial comparisons coz it's pointless and an insult. On top of that sef it's being ruled by a ruthless dictator who doesn't hesitate to assassinate dissenters. Igbos can be so stupid it ain't even funny at times.
Re: Has Rwanda Overtaken Nigeria? by deomelo: 9:14pm On Apr 29, 2017
raker300:

Asking me what Lagos achieved is basically letting me know that you don't know Lagos or you are just being silly.

A thread with 2 pictures of high rise buildings means some village country is better than Lagos? Do you know how many high rise and skyscrapers they have in Lagos?

Shebi you be ipob anyway?

2 Likes

Re: Has Rwanda Overtaken Nigeria? by Rossikk(m): 9:25pm On Apr 29, 2017
theSpark:

STOP TALKING RUBBISH AND DECEIVING PEOPLE HERE. WHERE DID YOU GET YOUR FIGURES? RWANDA'S PER CAPITA INCOME IS $752 PER ANNUM. THEY ARE NO 159 ON THE UN HDI. THAT MEANS THE MAJORITY ARE POOR PEOPLE. I'm not one of these riffraff you can come here and make any stupid claim to based on two or three high rise buildings posted.

The way you measure the living standards of a county are by Income Per Capita and the UN Human Development Index (HDI). On both parameters, Nigeria is AHEAD OF RWANDA.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rwanda

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: Has Rwanda Overtaken Nigeria? by deedeedee1: 9:35pm On Apr 29, 2017
AshiwajuFoward:

Guy, ignore these iPob clowns. Imagine them hyping Rwanda for goodness sakes. Rwanda Wey be say infrastructure-wise e no even develop reach Ikeja sef. cheesy No need even doing pictorial comparisons coz it's pointless and an insult. On top of that sef it's being ruled by a ruthless dictator who doesn't hesitate to assassinate dissenters. Igbos can be so stupid it ain't even funny at times.
Baba do you like the way nigeria is? You are one of the omoluabis i like on nairaland but let us say the truth. Do you ever think nigeria will develop?

3 Likes

Re: Has Rwanda Overtaken Nigeria? by Rossikk(m): 9:36pm On Apr 29, 2017
raker300:
yes and nigerians are so rich beyond measure...listen to yourself man!
They are richer than Rwandans. About 5 times richer. Per capita GDP is $2,500 for Nigeria and $759 for Rwanda.

Somebody needs to throw some of you into rural Rwanda or Uganda or one of these places you claim is heaven compared to Nigeria. You wouldn't last ONE DAY in those rural communities before crying to be sent back to Nigeria. I guarantee you. In many of their rural areas, you will struggle to find common soap, food, (even with your money), and other things we take for granted throughout Nigeria.

20 million nigerians are going to die of starvation by 2030...let that sink in

Do you have any research to back your prediction, or is that just another bit of hot air you pulled out of your nyash?

2 Likes

Re: Has Rwanda Overtaken Nigeria? by vantage001: 9:37pm On Apr 29, 2017
deomelo:

Asking me what Lagos achieved is basically letting me know that you don't know Lagos or you are just being silly.

A thread with 2 pictures of high rise buildings means some village country is better than Lagos? Do you know how many high rise and skyscrapers they have in Lagos?

Shebi you be ipob anyway?
Yes, play the IPOB card like the bloody illiterate you are.
Lagos is not in top 15 most developed african cities, and you are calling IPOB.
This is third world africa we are talking about here and lagos is like a pig sty compared to many of these african cities.
You dey craze for head.

6 Likes

Re: Has Rwanda Overtaken Nigeria? by paramakina202: 9:39pm On Apr 29, 2017
A nation that elected some one like Buhari in this 21 first century is still living in stone age.
Nigerians are more interested which part of the country the president comes rather than who will deliver.

7 Likes

Re: Has Rwanda Overtaken Nigeria? by raker300: 9:40pm On Apr 29, 2017
I can tell many of these "lagos guys" here have not left Lagos talkless of leaving Nigeria. Travel and see what is happening in the world around you

2 Likes

Re: Has Rwanda Overtaken Nigeria? by HegenIkomkeh(m): 9:40pm On Apr 29, 2017
ZombieTAMER:
It's high time we put our population in check... One man one wife... Two kids Exceed it and be paying money to state government monthly
Taaaaaaa!!!
Re: Has Rwanda Overtaken Nigeria? by AshiwajuFoward: 9:41pm On Apr 29, 2017
deedeedee1:
Baba do you like the way nigeria is? You are one of the omoluabis i like on nairaland but let us say the truth. Do you ever think nigeria will develop?

Dude, what are you yarning? That Nigeria is a mess isn't enough justification to claim Rwanda of all countries is more 'developed' than even PH, not to talk of Abuja, Lagos, or the entire Nigeria. Abeg development get levels. If you are comparing Nigeria to the likes of S. A now I fit hear that one. But Rwanda?? WTF?!

1 Like

Re: Has Rwanda Overtaken Nigeria? by HegenIkomkeh(m): 9:44pm On Apr 29, 2017
paramakina202:
A nation that elected some one like Buhari in this 21 first century is still living in stone age.
Nigerians are more interested which part of the country the president comes rather than who will deliver.
Very very true bro...This country has a long way to go!

5 Likes

Re: Has Rwanda Overtaken Nigeria? by Rossikk(m): 9:44pm On Apr 29, 2017
AshiwajuFoward:

Dude, what are you yarning? That Nigeria is a mess isn't enough justification to claim Rwanda of all countries is more 'developed' than even PH, not to talk of Abuja, Lagos, or the entire Nigeria. Abeg development get levels. If you are comparing Nigeria to the likes of S. A now I fit hear that one. But Rwanda?? WTF?!

Don't mind these youths. It's immaturity that's worrying them.

3 Likes

Re: Has Rwanda Overtaken Nigeria? by Obi1kenobi(m): 9:47pm On Apr 29, 2017
theSpark:

Oga, I very much doubt those your stats. Considering Nigeria's GDP per capita is almost 4 times Rwanda's, it's impossible that we have double their poverty rate. I never tire of pointing out how hopeless this country is, but let's not start spinning fantasies about other countries.

3 Likes

Re: Has Rwanda Overtaken Nigeria? by Obi1kenobi(m): 9:57pm On Apr 29, 2017
AshiwajuFoward:

People underestimate how underdeveloped Nigeria's cities are. Nigeria is one of the worst countries in the world in providing basic social amenities and infrastructure and proper municipal planning. Everybody just dey freestyle. Dig your own wells or sink your own boreholes, pack your own shit in your own septic tank, dig your own drainage and gutters, erect your own NEPA poles (even to get meter is wahala) etc. The government always manage to make the most basic provisions look like complex neuro-science or nuclear physics. When you look at the infrastructure some 3rd world countries have, it makes you wonder if we need our own categorization as a "5th world" country. Even as poor as many of these African countries are, they have better public amenities and their urban housing follows master plans.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Rwanda Overtaken Nigeria? by AshiwajuFoward: 10:23pm On Apr 29, 2017
Obi1kenobi:

People underestimate how underdeveloped Nigeria's cities are. Nigeria is one of the worst countries in the world in providing basic social amenities and infrastructure and proper municipal planning. Everybody just dey freestyle. Dig your own wells or sink your own boreholes, pack your own shit in your own septic tank, dig your own drainage and gutters, erect your own NEPA poles (even to get meter is wahala) etc. The government always manage to make the most basic provisions look like complex neuro-science or nuclear physics. When you look at the infrastructure some 3rd world countries have, it makes you wonder if we need our own categorization as a "5th world" country. Even as poor as many of these African countries are, they have better public amenities and their urban housing follows master plans.

Some of you guys don't know how to put things in their proper context. Even in spite of the challenges Nigeria is facing, there's no way in hell Rwanda can be considered as more developed than Nigeria. Absolutely no way.

Nigeria may be underachieving, no doubt, but relatively speaking, asides S.A and a handful of countries in Northern Africa, I dare say that no other sub-Saharan country is as developed as Nigeria. #Fact. Nairobi, Kenya and Eastern Africa's most developed city) is great (I've been there more than once) but it's the only city in the entire country worth mentioning -- Calabar and Uyo will give Mombasa a run for its money any time.

In West Africa Nigeria is the undisputed numero uno in terms of infrastructure (asides our epileptic power issues), with Abidjan coming second considering the former capital's impressive infrastructure (even Ghana doesn't have a single city that can match Abidjan in the area of infrastructure).

Angola's Luanda isn't bad but again it's the only city in that entire country worth mentioning. The rest are not even in contention -- you need to visit some African countries to get a proper perspective, I mean some barely have tarred roads. In other words, these sub-Saharan cities I mentioned are all pretty much '1-city states' while Nigeria has at least 3 cities that can outmatch their best city/state capitals.

Even Benin Republic has steady electricity compared to Naija yet that isn't enough justification to claim it's 'more developed' than Nigeria now is it? It's ok to lament about Nigeria's problems (most citizens of most countries do about their respective countries) but let's do so within reasonable limits please.

8 Likes

Re: Has Rwanda Overtaken Nigeria? by paramakina202: 10:45pm On Apr 29, 2017
HegenIkomkeh:
Very very true bro...This country has a long way to go!
A very long way to go.

1 Like

Re: Has Rwanda Overtaken Nigeria? by deomelo: 10:51pm On Apr 29, 2017
vantage001:

Yes, play the IPOB card like the bloody illiterate you are.
Lagos is not in top 15 most developed african cities, and you are calling IPOB.
This is third world africa we are talking about here and lagos is like a pig sty compared to many of these african cities.
You dey craze for head.

So, 2 pictures of high rise building is the standard measure for greatness these days because if that's the case, there are more skyscrapers in Lagos than many countries in Africa combined?

I referenced Igbos because such shallow and unintelligent thinking is very synonymous with them and their manner of reasoning and the fact that they hate Nigeria doesn't help their shallow thinking ways.

2 Likes

Re: Has Rwanda Overtaken Nigeria? by Rossikk(m): 10:55pm On Apr 29, 2017
O0XYGEN:

Your stupidity is legendary.
Who told you nigeria is the most derdeveloped country in west africa?
What infrastructures does nigeria have?
Before you even think of writing this trash again,at least provide facts .
Go and check the infrastructural development index of countries in Africa and see where your useless underdeveloped country is located.
nigeria is not even in the first 22 developed countries in Africa.
In west Africa nigeria doesnt come closer to Ghana and Ivory coast.
Mumu.

Can you point us to this ''index'' you are referring to? I've never heard of it.

Any link?

Many thanks in anticipation.

2 Likes

Re: Has Rwanda Overtaken Nigeria? by O0XYGEN: 10:56pm On Apr 29, 2017
AshiwajuFoward:

Damn! Na so e pain you reach?? Must you exhibit your e-toutism just coz you're pained by my submission? You better not kill yourself, hopeless bas.tard. No be only Ghana and IvoryCoast better pass Naija, you for add Togo and Liberia sef join. There are way too many ignorant punks on this forum.
You are a foolish retarded idiot.
How can a useless poor underdeveloped zoo like nigeria be ahead of Ghana in terms of development?
What development do you fools have in that good for nothing zoo?
Stupid son of a terrorist .

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Dictator In Every Nigerian By Fredrick Nwabufo / Atiku/Obi/Kwankwaso: Utomi Is A Serial Promoter Of failing Merger Parties - APC / Has Anyone Here Seen Aso Rock Villa?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.