Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,956 members, 7,828,377 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

What Is The Place Of Monarchs In This Modern Society? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Is The Place Of Monarchs In This Modern Society? (464 Views)

Monarchs Slam Gani Adams For Opposing Coronation Of Yoruba Traditional Rulers / Abdulfatai Coker: Yoruba Monarchs In North Not Accorded Respect / 5 Nigerian Monarchs That Own A Rolls Royce (see Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Place Of Monarchs In This Modern Society? by Themainchick11(f): 7:12am On Apr 29, 2017
I don't know. Enlighten me.
Re: What Is The Place Of Monarchs In This Modern Society? by Omotayor123(f): 7:22am On Apr 29, 2017
I was asking myself same. The question should be what is their duty in this modern day
Re: What Is The Place Of Monarchs In This Modern Society? by princessayesha(f): 12:11am On Apr 30, 2017
First of all, you should know that they do not take any state or lga allocations. But still:
1) They settle matters out of court. Some disputes do not go to court coz a monarch has already settled it. And unlike in court, they settle disputes while saving the relashionship bw the oarties.
2) They help people financially. They are the closest powerful people to the masses, they help as much as they can.
3) They know what people are going through, every bit of it. They sit and listen to people every single day, and they inform the Government, just that most of the times the gov do not care.
4) They preserve the traditions.
5) They encourage hard work thru giving tittles to successful people. Etc
Re: What Is The Place Of Monarchs In This Modern Society? by princessayesha(f): 12:13am On Apr 30, 2017
You should also know that most of their wealth is through their bussinesses and inheritance. Obj has already given most of their powers to the staye govs and lga chairs.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Place Of Monarchs In This Modern Society? by achieverme(m): 1:55am On Apr 30, 2017
Anyone opposing any nigerian traditional ruler here can as well say Queen Elizabeth should have over everything to the prime minister and stop being queen

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News: Biafra: South East Assembly Asks Court To Revoke Kanu’s Bail‎ / What Do You Think Is More Important To The Nigerian Who Is Under 30? / Understanding Your Culture;

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.