Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

The Origin Of Tribal Marks Practice In Nigeria,styles And Reasons. (photos) - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Origin Of Tribal Marks Practice In Nigeria,styles And Reasons. (photos) (35436 Views)

Baby Girl's Face Mutilated With Tribal Marks (Photo) / Nigerian Lady With Tribal Marks Almost Committed Suicide (Photos) / Make-Up Free Photo Of Ola Adeyemi, Alaafin Of Oyo's Wife, Shows Her Tribal Marks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Origin Of Tribal Marks Practice In Nigeria,styles And Reasons. (photos) by younggenius1(m): 2:36pm On Apr 29, 2017
bcbones:
@Codedrock pls enligten me, my dad has 3 bold line crossed down his chest, do you knw anything about what type it is?
sorry is ur name
Re: The Origin Of Tribal Marks Practice In Nigeria,styles And Reasons. (photos) by bibe(m): 2:47pm On Apr 29, 2017
Kennitrust:
thanks.
but the FRSC is putting at N17500

The cost is #6000 for 3 years validity and #10000 for 5 years validity.
you can do it online through road safety website (just Google Nigeria drivers license).
Put in your driver's license number to get started and then fill the rest of the online form. Ensure you indicate yes for capturing and select your preferred capturing center. (if you have captured before i recommend you indicate yes either way)
Print it and proceed to the bank for payment (there's option for online payment. tried online payment before but it didn't work).
Make sure the payment is processed to payarena and not TSA (the teller at the bank should be able to sort this out). There's a bank charge of #330.
After payment proceed to the capturing center you indicated when filling the online form for capture and issuance of temporary license pending when the original is ready. (you'll be notified when the original is ready. I'll advise you wait 2-3 days before going for capture to enable your payment to be reflected on their directory).
I've renewed twice using this process successfully.
Re: The Origin Of Tribal Marks Practice In Nigeria,styles And Reasons. (photos) by Agimor(m): 3:26pm On Apr 29, 2017
adesewa4uyahoo:
you are joking right?
Are you from Afonja lineage?
Re: The Origin Of Tribal Marks Practice In Nigeria,styles And Reasons. (photos) by akigbemaru: 3:35pm On Apr 29, 2017
mmsen:
Slavery in west Africa did not begin with the colonial era and those tribal marks probably predate colonialism too.

All three institutions have now gone, therefore there's no reason to scar your child's face in 2017.
Re: The Origin Of Tribal Marks Practice In Nigeria,styles And Reasons. (photos) by Tobium1(m): 3:38pm On Apr 29, 2017
Afonja thread sighted!
Re: The Origin Of Tribal Marks Practice In Nigeria,styles And Reasons. (photos) by FromZeroToHero(m): 3:56pm On Apr 29, 2017
You have 7 tribal marks on your face, 30 stretch marks all over your body and you still want to apply tatoo. My sister are you a Zebra?
Re: The Origin Of Tribal Marks Practice In Nigeria,styles And Reasons. (photos) by Ahmeduana(m): 3:57pm On Apr 29, 2017
IamDrock:
So history has revealed it.. Ya'll should stop making it look like its only Yoruba people that do tribal marks
HAVE SEEN WHITE PEOPLE WITH TRIBAL MARK!
Re: The Origin Of Tribal Marks Practice In Nigeria,styles And Reasons. (photos) by chaktty: 4:26pm On Apr 29, 2017
yèyé!!! There are serious issues you've not finalized and you're talking of tribal mark. unemployment, chibok girls issue, insecurity, inflation... nobody fit count them finish.
Truly, developed nations deal with issue like this but after they've worked on the development of their country and the inhabitants.
BTW, it's part of our culture, if you keep on following foreign countries like mumu, Nigeria will never grow.
---------
counter me, and I will be ready for you by 7.30:pm.
Re: The Origin Of Tribal Marks Practice In Nigeria,styles And Reasons. (photos) by daneni1(m): 4:46pm On Apr 29, 2017
So d mark wey dey my face na jaju.....make I no lie, I like d mark oooo as e fit me grin
Re: The Origin Of Tribal Marks Practice In Nigeria,styles And Reasons. (photos) by yemsai(f): 5:32pm On Apr 29, 2017
Have seen some ladies with tribal mark on their breasts..tot is mainly done on d face na
Re: The Origin Of Tribal Marks Practice In Nigeria,styles And Reasons. (photos) by ozaovehe(m): 6:14pm On Apr 29, 2017
Homeboiy:
I have a mark on my face which shows iam an igbo man

nobody dey ask me my tribe if i pass

again i go against female mutilation

my ex is circumsied, she no get clitoris
grin grin grin grin
Re: The Origin Of Tribal Marks Practice In Nigeria,styles And Reasons. (photos) by ahonye15: 7:01pm On Apr 29, 2017
Tiger's family in human skin
Re: The Origin Of Tribal Marks Practice In Nigeria,styles And Reasons. (photos) by UncutSk(m): 7:14pm On Apr 29, 2017
Just afonjas and backwardness
Re: The Origin Of Tribal Marks Practice In Nigeria,styles And Reasons. (photos) by UncutSk(m): 7:16pm On Apr 29, 2017
IamDrock:
So history has revealed it.. Ya'll should stop making it look like its only Yoruba people that do tribal marks
only afonjas bruh
Re: The Origin Of Tribal Marks Practice In Nigeria,styles And Reasons. (photos) by UncutSk(m): 7:23pm On Apr 29, 2017
ItsMeAboki:
If you live in a glass house you shouldn't throw stones; those from the SE who are ignorantly insulting the Yorubas through this thread because of tribal marks should also take note that Igbos too have tribals marks - known as Ichi markings; here are some examples:
these scars can easily fade away but afonja own ll follow you to hell
Re: The Origin Of Tribal Marks Practice In Nigeria,styles And Reasons. (photos) by Kennitrust(m): 9:24pm On Apr 29, 2017
bibe:

you can do it online through road safety website (just Google Nigeria drivers license).
Put in your driver's license number to get started and then fill the rest of the online form. Ensure you indicate yes for capturing and select your preferred capturing center. (if you have captured before i recommend you indicate yes either way)
Print it and proceed to the bank for payment (there's option for online payment. tried online payment before but it didn't work).
Make sure the payment is processed to payarena and not TSA (the teller at the bank should be able to sort this out). There's a bank charge of #330.
After payment proceed to the capturing center you indicated when filling the online form for capture and issuance of temporary license pending when the original is ready. (you'll be notified when the original is ready. I'll advise you wait 2-3 days before going for capture to enable your payment to be reflected on their directory).
I've renewed twice using this process successfully.thanks bros.
I'll try to see to this process. Just wish I'll stick to this guideline
Re: The Origin Of Tribal Marks Practice In Nigeria,styles And Reasons. (photos) by Kennitrust(m): 9:26pm On Apr 29, 2017
bibe:

I've renewed twice using this process successfully.
thanks. I'll try ur guidelines

1 Like

Re: The Origin Of Tribal Marks Practice In Nigeria,styles And Reasons. (photos) by pazienza(m): 10:10pm On Apr 29, 2017
ItsMeAboki:
If you live in a glass house you shouldn't throw stones; those from the SE who are ignorantly insulting the Yorubas through this thread because of tribal marks should also take note that Igbos too have tribals marks - known as Ichi markings; here are some examples:

Ichi is not a tribal mark.

3 Likes

Re: The Origin Of Tribal Marks Practice In Nigeria,styles And Reasons. (photos) by vision2050: 8:38am On Apr 30, 2017
Ijebu people don't have tribal mark.
Re: The Origin Of Tribal Marks Practice In Nigeria,styles And Reasons. (photos) by SweetBanana: 1:18pm On Apr 30, 2017
Op,you tried but your research is not full enough. Is it because you r on Nairaland where almost everything is about Yoruba and Igbo? Try and google kanuri,gogobir and zuru,all of northern Nigeria and see for yourself. Their marks are more scary than that of Yoruba, in fact,one of those tribes used to have marks all over their bodies. And talking about tribal marks, it's not restricted to face alone,some have marks on their back, some on their arms,some on their stomach, some on their hands and some even have it on their legs.
Re: The Origin Of Tribal Marks Practice In Nigeria,styles And Reasons. (photos) by Mcreloaded(m): 8:17am On May 02, 2017
The Benin's are to blame for most of the tribal marks as even before the British started slavery the Benin's were already raiding and conquering neighboring lands and using them as slaves like surrounding Yoruba lands and the while delta and riverine areas down to the east which prompted the tribal marks or tattoo or have you not noticed the Benin's don't have such glaring tribal marks which is prove they were the perpetrators of slavery as the masters don't need tribal marks only the slaves or those about to be enslaved

1 Like

Re: The Origin Of Tribal Marks Practice In Nigeria,styles And Reasons. (photos) by IamDrock(m): 7:28am On Jun 16, 2017
IamDrock:
www.mykinhood.com.ng

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Top 6 Abnormalities That Are Normal In Nigeria / Lamidi Adeyemi, Alaafin Of Oyo And His Wives 'Oloris' (Photo) / Prince Uchechukwu NNAM-Obi At The Nchaka Festival Of Omoku, Rivers State Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.