Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,315 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:43 AM

What Does It Mean That The Lord Is My Shepherd (Psalm 23)? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does It Mean That The Lord Is My Shepherd (Psalm 23)? (705 Views)

The Lord's Chosen Storm Gambia, Many Muslims Converted (Photos) / What Does It Mean That Our Sins Are Washed Away? / What Does It Mean That The Lord Is My Shepherd (Psalm 23)? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does It Mean That The Lord Is My Shepherd (Psalm 23)? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:03pm On Apr 29, 2017
What does it mean that the Lord is my Shepherd (Psalm 23)? In what ways is our relationship with God like the relationship between a shepherd and the sheep?
Re: What Does It Mean That The Lord Is My Shepherd (Psalm 23)? by malvisguy212: 9:34pm On Apr 29, 2017
The Lord is my shepherd" Notice the personal wording. The Lord is not our shepherd. The Lord is my shepherd. There's a big difference when you get to know the Shepherd. www.nairaland.com/2304670/shepherd-psalm "
Re: What Does It Mean That The Lord Is My Shepherd (Psalm 23)? by ichuka(m): 11:02pm On Apr 30, 2017
OLAADEGBU:
What does it mean that the Lord is my Shepherd (Psalm 23)? In what ways is our relationship with God like the relationship between a shepherd and the sheep?
meant He Feeds,Guides and Protects Us.

1 Like

Re: What Does It Mean That The Lord Is My Shepherd (Psalm 23)? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:35pm On May 03, 2017
malvisguy212:

The Lord is my shepherd" Notice the personal wording. The Lord is not our shepherd. The Lord is my shepherd. There's a big difference when you get to know the Shepherd. www.nairaland.com/2304670/shepherd-psalm "

What about "Our Father, who art in heaven hallowed be thy name?" Why doesn't it read "my Father?" undecided
Re: What Does It Mean That The Lord Is My Shepherd (Psalm 23)? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:35pm On May 03, 2017
ichuka:

It meant He's our Reason.

Can you explain? undecided
Re: What Does It Mean That The Lord Is My Shepherd (Psalm 23)? by ichuka(m): 11:59pm On May 03, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Can you explain? undecided
Sorry bro!!
It meant He Feeds,Guides and Protects Us.
Re: What Does It Mean That The Lord Is My Shepherd (Psalm 23)? by malvisguy212: 6:27am On May 04, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

What about "Our Father, who art in heaven hallowed be thy name?" Why doesn't it read "my Father?" undecided
our father is like a proclamation of faith, a prayer which every christian should do, there is no personal wording in it. but psalm 23 is David own word " the Lord is MY Shepard"
Re: What Does It Mean That The Lord Is My Shepherd (Psalm 23)? by Nobody: 7:31am On May 04, 2017
It means you are a sheep
Re: What Does It Mean That The Lord Is My Shepherd (Psalm 23)? by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:31pm On May 06, 2017
malvisguy212:

our father is like a proclamation of faith, a prayer which every christian should do, there is no personal wording in it. but psalm 23 is David own word " the Lord is MY Shepard"

Jesus taught us to pray that way, how is that a proclamation of faith and not a personal wording? undecided
Re: What Does It Mean That The Lord Is My Shepherd (Psalm 23)? by malvisguy212: 8:07pm On May 06, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Jesus taught us to pray that way, how is that a proclamation of faith and not a personal wording? undecided
"the Lord is MY Shepard " notice the word "my" is a personal wording. there is big different when come to know the Lord as your sharperd.

" OUR father" notice the word " our" when you say our father it mean God is our father and we are His children, you are my brother and we became ONE family. this is not a personal word, Jesus could've say " My father in heaven" but no, He say OUR father in heaven.
Re: What Does It Mean That The Lord Is My Shepherd (Psalm 23)? by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:54pm On May 06, 2017
malvisguy212:

"the Lord is MY Shepard " notice the word "my" is a personal wording. there is big different when come to know the Lord as your sharperd.

" OUR father" notice the word " our" when you say our father it mean God is our father and we are His children, you are my brother and we became ONE family. this is not a personal word, Jesus could've say " My father in heaven" but no, He say OUR father in heaven.

Why didn't Jesus teach us to pray "My Father in heaven?" Would it be wrong if we prayed like that?
Re: What Does It Mean That The Lord Is My Shepherd (Psalm 23)? by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:08am On May 13, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

See the answers in the link below:

https://www.gotquestions.org/Lord-is-my-Shepherd.html
Re: What Does It Mean That The Lord Is My Shepherd (Psalm 23)? by orisa37: 3:32pm On May 13, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Declaration of Faith and Hope that God's guidance Angels always surround you.
The case of The Scribe Saul turned to Apostle Paul.
God is always watching us as He asks us to always settle with our Adversaries on the Road.
The Scripture also says, "The Lord watches over the ways of The Righteous but the ways of the wicked shall perish.
When you have a Dream that is fulfilled, it is The Lord watching over His flock's! giving them Directives.
When you receive Miracles, it is The Lord shepherding you.
When your prayers are heard, The Lord is with you etcetera..

(1) (Reply)

Shariah Law - Take A Look At The Evil crαp That Some Muslims Think Should Be Law / What Does Selah Mean In The Bible? / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 08/07/17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.