Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,007 members, 7,835,417 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:54 AM

How Oba Of Lagos Greeted His Former Visitors (Photos) - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / How Oba Of Lagos Greeted His Former Visitors (Photos) (63196 Views)

Oba Of Benin, Ewuare And His 4 Wives Pictured During Ugie Ododua Ceremony / Throwback Photos Of How Oba Of Lagos Greeted People Before Meeting Ooni Of Ife / Throwback Photos Of How Oba Of Lagos Greeted People Before Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Oba Of Lagos Greeted His Former Visitors (Photos) by zoedicus: 7:58pm On Apr 29, 2017
Poorboy:
Afonjas una like talk pass fight may we hear word abeg
must u comment?

1 Like

Re: How Oba Of Lagos Greeted His Former Visitors (Photos) by Abbeyme: 7:58pm On Apr 29, 2017
So much said
Re: How Oba Of Lagos Greeted His Former Visitors (Photos) by TopsyKrete: 7:58pm On Apr 29, 2017
Gha ghaun
Re: How Oba Of Lagos Greeted His Former Visitors (Photos) by Poorboy: 7:59pm On Apr 29, 2017
zoedicus:
must u comment?
Yes Afonja

1 Like

Re: How Oba Of Lagos Greeted His Former Visitors (Photos) by OkparaEze: 8:00pm On Apr 29, 2017
Rumor says ooni and sanusi signed kanu's bail hence the beef.
Re: How Oba Of Lagos Greeted His Former Visitors (Photos) by Tobyshegz(m): 8:00pm On Apr 29, 2017
SO??

Re: How Oba Of Lagos Greeted His Former Visitors (Photos) by Nobody: 8:02pm On Apr 29, 2017
he has beef with the ooni.
Re: How Oba Of Lagos Greeted His Former Visitors (Photos) by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:02pm On Apr 29, 2017
Vorpal:
Lucasbalo

Na wetin Tinubu son take una Oba dey do be this? cry
Lolz....

2 Likes

Re: How Oba Of Lagos Greeted His Former Visitors (Photos) by AreaFada2: 8:03pm On Apr 29, 2017
When will they let this matter rest?
Re: How Oba Of Lagos Greeted His Former Visitors (Photos) by eyinjuege: 8:06pm On Apr 29, 2017
Its his business if he decides to greet or snub any other person.
He's not feeding Ooni, neither is Ooni feeding him.

The Ooni did what any reasonable person would do in the circumstance. I guess he won't be so eager to be greeting people about next time, till he knows if the person will acknowledge his greeting.

Can we now move on now from Oba Akiolu. I really don't care if he greets people by kissing on the cheek or lips. Its his prerogative. There are more pressing issues in the land.
Both kings have said there's no bad blood between them, and even if there was , no be today bad blood dey amongst traditional rulers.

2 Likes

Re: How Oba Of Lagos Greeted His Former Visitors (Photos) by martineverest(m): 8:09pm On Apr 29, 2017
Tomorrow they go say Yoruba ppl they respect elders
Re: How Oba Of Lagos Greeted His Former Visitors (Photos) by FunkyMetahuman: 8:13pm On Apr 29, 2017
lonelydora:
When he said something about Igbos drowning in lagoon, everyone cheered him on. Now he has insulted his own brother, and you want us to join you guys to insult him. Well, as for me and my brothers in the spirit, we are just spectators laughing at all the comments
who asked you to join us?

Oga go and eat in lagoon tongue

2 Likes

Re: How Oba Of Lagos Greeted His Former Visitors (Photos) by glossy6(f): 8:14pm On Apr 29, 2017
itsIYKE:
The sophisticated oba......i can see the respect they claim to have,...this one na beard touching session

Tinubu son dey touch his beard and they see nothing wrong in it, after them go say igbo children dey wake their papa from sleep by pulling on his legs.

yeye feofle

2 Likes

Re: How Oba Of Lagos Greeted His Former Visitors (Photos) by idioticmynd44: 8:16pm On Apr 29, 2017
HungerBAD:
This Oba of Lagos is dumb.

There is nothing royal in his blood. How can a first class Oba in Yoruba land,allow anybody play with his chin in public?

And we also have forgiven him all these years,for his unroyal manners.

But insulting the Oni of Ife,is not something that should be taken lightly with this Oba of an only" AGBERO" Kingdom called Idumota.

How do you as a Yoruba monarch,even dare to insult the Custodian of the Yoruba Culture and Race?

He is an embarrassment to his throne,and he should be the first to swim in that Lagoon and then report back to us how deep it is.
Akiolu is not Oba but mere Baale Idumota, please check history

2 Likes

Re: How Oba Of Lagos Greeted His Former Visitors (Photos) by Pray(m): 8:19pm On Apr 29, 2017
A king that cannot appreciate his fellow king is that one a king........

1 Like

Re: How Oba Of Lagos Greeted His Former Visitors (Photos) by donqx: 8:19pm On Apr 29, 2017
Hmmm
Re: How Oba Of Lagos Greeted His Former Visitors (Photos) by Lucasbalo(m): 8:21pm On Apr 29, 2017
Vorpal:
Lucasbalo

Na wetin Tinubu son take una Oba dey do be this? cry
I remember that my father used to take my siblings and I to Nigeria when we were young and we always go to Idugaran Palace to pay homage to Oba Oyekan who was loved by all. This present Oba is cut from a different wool. Like I said before, there are a lots of things that went on behind the public domain. I am kinda privy to it through my father.
Re: How Oba Of Lagos Greeted His Former Visitors (Photos) by emerged01(m): 8:23pm On Apr 29, 2017
HungerBAD:

There is nothing royal in his blood. How can a first class Oba in Yoruba land,allow anybody play with his chin in public?

But insulting the Oni of Ife,is not something that should be taken lightly with this Oba of an only" AGBERO" Kingdom called Idumota.

How do you as a Yoruba monarch,even dare to insult the Custodian of the Yoruba Culture and Race?

He is an embarrassment to his throne,and he should be the first to swim in that Lagoon and then report back to us how deep it is.
The man bleeped up big time. Oba behaving like a tout.

1 Like

Re: How Oba Of Lagos Greeted His Former Visitors (Photos) by Deepfreezer(m): 8:26pm On Apr 29, 2017
Hahhahahha see as Tinubu's son carry OBAs chin dey play. Hahhaha
Re: How Oba Of Lagos Greeted His Former Visitors (Photos) by Alexis11: 8:27pm On Apr 29, 2017
richie9093:
Too bad.

I think the most shocking thing in this matter is all those Benin boys on Twitter saying the Oba of Lagos isn't answerable to Ooni but to the oba of Benin instead and so Akiolu that was the reason why Akiolu acted that way.

That is the figment of your own imagination bro.
Re: How Oba Of Lagos Greeted His Former Visitors (Photos) by Guyman02: 8:28pm On Apr 29, 2017
he is a toutish extra policeman for all I know, he can as well jump into the lagoon
Re: How Oba Of Lagos Greeted His Former Visitors (Photos) by Alexis11: 8:29pm On Apr 29, 2017
HungerBAD:

There is nothing royal in his blood. [s]How can a first class Oba in Yoruba land,allow anybody play with his chin in public?[/s]

Oba of Lagos Idumota is not a first class king in Yorubaland.

1 Like

Re: How Oba Of Lagos Greeted His Former Visitors (Photos) by Nobody: 8:32pm On Apr 29, 2017
Lucasbalo:
I remember that my father used to take my siblings and I to Nigeria when we were young and we always go to Idugaran Palace to pay homage to Oba Oyekan who was loved by all. This present Oba is cut from a different wool. Like I said before, there are a lots of things that went on behind the public domain. I am kinda privy to it through my father.

My heart wrenches for you guys mehn cry

Even my parents kept saying from day one, he wasn't the right heir. This is just too messed up. Imagine that pic?

God bless the Awujale..... Ijebus no get joy for all this kind thing.
Re: How Oba Of Lagos Greeted His Former Visitors (Photos) by kuchikau: 8:35pm On Apr 29, 2017
...........Let me use dis opportunity to advise guys who foolishily follow/live their lives to please girls. U are on ur way to your early grave.
See the way nairalanders adores some stupid girls here makes me go gaga. I dont really undastand whats so special about their toto or nyash or breast.
It takes only a woman to bring a very strong man to his knees.
For Gods sake why do men follow women about like sheep with direction.
A gal dat mensturates evry 28days, wets her dirty smelling pants, yet u behave like an idiot before her. Wetin they hungry u for her stupid body?
ThankGod for my kind of friends.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How Oba Of Lagos Greeted His Former Visitors (Photos) by Legolast: 8:35pm On Apr 29, 2017
Ooni did not really know the greeting style of Lagos, let the truth be told. He should have learnt the greeting style in Lagos Island. ...He should have raised his two hands, bang his feet on ground alternatively and say; "twale Baba" or "buate Baba", "owo meji loke fun eeyan kan", "iba e 1million". ...Kabiyesi will then respond and say; "gbayi padi mi, o ya chop knuckle"....

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Oba Of Lagos Greeted His Former Visitors (Photos) by ladja2013: 8:36pm On Apr 29, 2017
When oracle's are substituted with politics ,what do you think you will have as the royal ? Bloody drunkard
Re: How Oba Of Lagos Greeted His Former Visitors (Photos) by Lucasbalo(m): 8:37pm On Apr 29, 2017
Vorpal:

My heart wrenches for you guys mehn cry

Even my parents kept saying from day one, he wasn't the right heir. This is just too messed up. Imagine that pic?

God bless the Awujale..... Ijebus no get joy for all this kind thing.
There were three finalist for the throne from Akinsemoyin wing of Ologunkutere royal house. The rest is political history. My old man was one of the final three.
Re: How Oba Of Lagos Greeted His Former Visitors (Photos) by gberra: 8:41pm On Apr 29, 2017
glossy6:

Tinubu son dey touch his beard and they see nothing wrong in it, after them go say igbo children dey wake their papa from sleep by pulling on his legs.

yeye feofle
Hahaha!!!!!!!!.. E pain am grin

Truth hurts IPob peasants cry

1 Like

Re: How Oba Of Lagos Greeted His Former Visitors (Photos) by Nobody: 8:46pm On Apr 29, 2017
I only know oba of Benin
Re: How Oba Of Lagos Greeted His Former Visitors (Photos) by salford: 8:51pm On Apr 29, 2017
Using paracetamol for other men's wahala. Abeg who all these royal fathers hepp
Re: How Oba Of Lagos Greeted His Former Visitors (Photos) by richie9093(m): 8:52pm On Apr 29, 2017
Alexis11:

That is the figment of your own imagination bro.

Figment of which imagination? Did you even read the post you qouted well?

Re: How Oba Of Lagos Greeted His Former Visitors (Photos) by Nobody: 8:52pm On Apr 29, 2017
Lucasbalo:
There were three finalist for the throne from Akinsemoyin wing of Ologunkutere royal house. The rest is political history. My old man was one of the final three.

Chai! Tinubu oh sad

Politics and royalty just don't mix well.

When the time comes, I will send a private mail so you give me pointers to watch out for.

I hope your loyalty is not sold to Ladi? Stand for the truth Oh.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ooni Announces Discovery Of “mysterious Waterfall” In Ife / Ooni Ogunwusi And Wife During Daughter's Graduation At University Of Manchester / Alaafin Of Oyo's Young Wives Pose Together (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.