Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,545 members, 7,827,037 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:26 AM

James Ibori Chased Econet Out Over $4.5M Bribe - Econet CEO - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / James Ibori Chased Econet Out Over $4.5M Bribe - Econet CEO (29904 Views)

Godfathers: Oshiomhole Has Joined James Ibori And Bola Tinubu As Power Brokers / Meet First Nigerian Billionaire Who Was Worth Over $4 Billion In 1950s / James Ibori Weeps At Alamieyeseigha’s Graveside In Bayelsa...Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: James Ibori Chased Econet Out Over $4.5M Bribe - Econet CEO by herald9: 12:07am On Apr 30, 2017
xnsandrxns:

Wow
See what we swept under the carpet
This is a shame
Very shameful, indeed.

And here I was thinking my former governor, Victor Attah is a saint.
Re: James Ibori Chased Econet Out Over $4.5M Bribe - Econet CEO by SBG04: 12:08am On Apr 30, 2017
Read this story as far back as 2010.The prominent local business man he spoke of is Oba Otudeko, the same person that has almost run First bank and ETI aground with bad and fraudulent loans.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: James Ibori Chased Econet Out Over $4.5M Bribe - Econet CEO by RosaConsidine: 12:15am On Apr 30, 2017
IFNOTGOD:

always talking like an advanced outbecile, pick ur northerners who are not corrupt, check major corruption case dey are from d north, Ibori developed delta State unlike ur northerners who can't build schools for ur almajiris

Goodness! Dude......are you seriously for real? THIS is your response? "Ehn, the Northern politicians too are corrupt", dude are you not ashamed of this response? So because Northern politicians are corrupt, Southern Politicians too should be corrupt? I wonder what you would think if the Northern politicians set their people on fire! Is this the kind of mentality you want your kids to adopt?

God, how did I end up sharing this country with people like these?

7 Likes

Re: James Ibori Chased Econet Out Over $4.5M Bribe - Econet CEO by refreshrate: 12:19am On Apr 30, 2017
Oche211:
This is how this wicked men destroy our country, our nation with their greed.
Only God knw how many jobs Nigerian teeming jobless nd unemployed youths would ve gotten 4rm econet.
The countless opportunities we ve lost as a nation because of our greedy politicians.
I remember that mr Strive Masiyiwa had discussed this extensively on his facebook page about a year or two ago.
I always follow all his post and entrepreneural teachings. Very educative nd insightful. I recommend them for every entrepreneur out there.
It's just so sad we lost such a great opportunity as a nation.

If you worked with econet those days you'll know this story get k leg

Ibori ask for bribe or not.

These people brought technical college graduates and made them bosses over people with masters degrees here mind you not even in core departments o

Then you should have seen these leeches after paying them armed robber salaries everything they used for themselves from lunch to taxis outside work hours they would requisition abeg the man should swerve if Na you invest money they way delta state did then and heard all this you no go vex?

Guess ibori showed him who the bigger person was. If this isn't a selective attack why can't he mention the other business man? All these people feeling they can be all moralistic by running others down ...guy swerve go and lick your wounds somewhere else.

Tell me the major deals anywhere in the world such things no dey happen?

This guy is just a bloody sore loser

1 Like

Re: James Ibori Chased Econet Out Over $4.5M Bribe - Econet CEO by Desyner: 12:20am On Apr 30, 2017
Interesting. And same persons are back to Nigeria as godfathers.
Re: James Ibori Chased Econet Out Over $4.5M Bribe - Econet CEO by leighcon(m): 12:21am On Apr 30, 2017
Except that you demonstrated ignorance of Econet being Airtel today.

Econet -> Vodacom -> Vee Networks (V-Mobile)-> Celtel-> Zain-> Airtel-> ?

They sent Strive's team away from the management not sending the company away. I'm not aware he has even sold his stake.

Oche211:
Only God knw how many jobs Nigerian teeming jobless nd unemployed youths would ve gotten 4rm econet.
The countless opportunities we ve lost as a nation because of our greedy politicians.
I remember that mr Strive Masiyiwa had discussed this extensively on his facebook page about a year or two ago.
I always follow all his post and entrepreneural teachings. Very educative nd insightful. I recommend them for every entrepreneur out there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: James Ibori Chased Econet Out Over $4.5M Bribe - Econet CEO by refreshrate: 12:22am On Apr 30, 2017
All this yet Zimbabwe is the way it is?

Someone should remove that cap from his head it's doing him something
Re: James Ibori Chased Econet Out Over $4.5M Bribe - Econet CEO by leighcon(m): 12:24am On Apr 30, 2017
Your head is there. I easily spot those who are not kids.

SBG04:
Read this story as far back as 2010.The prominent local business man he spoke of is Oba Otudeko, the same person that has almost run First bank and ETI aground with bad and fraudulent loans.

2 Likes

Re: James Ibori Chased Econet Out Over $4.5M Bribe - Econet CEO by RosaConsidine: 12:35am On Apr 30, 2017
refreshrate:

If you worked with econet those days you'll know this story get k leg

Ibori ask for bribe or not.

These people brought technical college graduates and made them bosses over people with masters degrees here mind you not even in core departments o

Then you should have seen these leeches after paying them armed robber salaries everything they used for themselves from lunch to taxis outside work hours they would requisition abeg the man should swerve if Na you invest money they way delta state did then and heard all this you no go vex?

Guess ibori showed him who the bigger person was. If this isn't a selective attack why can't he mention the other business man? All these people feeling they can be all moralistic by running others down ...guy swerve go and lick your wounds somewhere else.

Tell me the major deals anywhere in the world such things no dey happen?

This guy is just a bloody sore loser

Really? That's your excuses? "deals like these happen anywhere in the world"? And you're not covered in shame just typing that? Dude, you basically just justified corruption! And with these same fingers, you would accuse someone else of corruption!

Really, with people like you, should we be asking why Nigeria is in its current state?

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: James Ibori Chased Econet Out Over $4.5M Bribe - Econet CEO by SlyCharlie(m): 12:40am On Apr 30, 2017
Flexherbal:
Why is he just saying it!
This isn't the first time he's saying it bro. . He's said this years ago

2 Likes

Re: James Ibori Chased Econet Out Over $4.5M Bribe - Econet CEO by RosaConsidine: 12:42am On Apr 30, 2017
leighcon:
Except that you demonstrated ignorance of Econet being Airtel today.

Econet -> Vodacom -> Vee Networks-> Celtel-> Zain-> Airtel-> ?

They sent Strive's team away from the management not sending the company away. I'm not aware he has even sold his stake.

The problem with this is not if one company survived or not. The problem is that our leaders are willing to lose opportunities that would benefit the masses and the country if doing so would serve their selfish personal interests or massage their egos. Econet may hay have survived in various forms to become Airtel but God alone knows how many companies have folded up just because those who should create an enabling environment for them to survive and thrive are to blinded by greed and self-centeredness and/or those leading the companies have become enmeshed in the cesspool of corruption that is the Nigerian political system!

4 Likes

Re: James Ibori Chased Econet Out Over $4.5M Bribe - Econet CEO by SlyCharlie(m): 12:43am On Apr 30, 2017
refreshrate:
All this yet Zimbabwe is the way it is?

Someone should remove that cap from his head it's doing him something
With mugabe still in power, no body, I repeat no body can do anytin about the zimbabwe issue.
Go and Ask Morgan Tsvngarai how far wen he tried sometin funny years back
Re: James Ibori Chased Econet Out Over $4.5M Bribe - Econet CEO by tutudesz: 1:22am On Apr 30, 2017
kabaka1:

But how many deltans can say dat in front of him
No one O! That y Delta state is still backward because those that can say such are targeted by his supporters.

2 Likes

Re: James Ibori Chased Econet Out Over $4.5M Bribe - Econet CEO by tutudesz: 1:28am On Apr 30, 2017
IFNOTGOD:
all of u calling Ibori names were u in delta State during his tenor n now check since he left Wat development has taking place non, so if u don't know a thing shut up n stop posting rubbish afonjas n northerners will always
come n spew thrash
Will you shut your useless mouth. Is he not the one picking the governors since he left power? Is he not the one picking those that are appointed into office? Delta state is the can't stand were other state are talking in term of development in the Niger Delta because of him and you open your godforsaken mouth to say he is the best governor.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: James Ibori Chased Econet Out Over $4.5M Bribe - Econet CEO by otunbadan(m): 1:29am On Apr 30, 2017
Evestar200:
So after how many years na now u fit get mouth to talk, why u nor talk since, may be he for still dy jail now until 2019 wey we don sweep him and he boys comot from our beautiful Delta state to a safe a hand .

And not disputing the fact that he still remain the best governor Delta state has Ever had.

That was one of the cases that landed ibori in jail in UK in the first instance, he spoke about it years ago.

3 Likes

Re: James Ibori Chased Econet Out Over $4.5M Bribe - Econet CEO by Nobody: 1:37am On Apr 30, 2017
Oche211:

I am also a devoted student and I read his posts with glee.

1 Like

Re: James Ibori Chased Econet Out Over $4.5M Bribe - Econet CEO by Nobody: 1:42am On Apr 30, 2017
RosaConsidine:

Goodness! Dude......are you seriously for real? THIS is your response? "Ehn, the Northern politicians too are corrupt", dude are you not ashamed of this response? So because Northern politicians are corrupt, Southern Politicians too should be corrupt? I wonder what you would think if the Northern politicians set their people on fire! Is this the kind of mentality you want your kids to adopt?

I've pondered this question many times too.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: James Ibori Chased Econet Out Over $4.5M Bribe - Econet CEO by Nobody: 1:55am On Apr 30, 2017
Factwriter, is there a place where I can read the whole expose completely?

Thanks.
Re: James Ibori Chased Econet Out Over $4.5M Bribe - Econet CEO by refreshrate: 2:04am On Apr 30, 2017
RosaConsidine:

Really? That's your excuses? "deals like these happen anywhere in the world"? And you're not covered in shame just typing that? Dude, you basically just justified corruption! And with these same fingers, you would accuse someone else of corruption!

Really, with people like you, should we be asking why Nigeria is in its current state?

*that's your excuse* first of
Then, Yes it's true it's because of people like me blah blah blah

Why didn't you say anything about the Zimbabweans filing for returns on everything they bought despite the salaries they got? Or him bringing less than qualified people to boss over better qualified people here just cos their from his country ...oh that doesn't count abi?

Does your holier than thou attitude change the facts that such deals happen all over the world?
Or you will come and say this is the only one of its kind that's ever happened?

Sebi they kicked his butt the curb has he been able to get a deal similar to that afterwards?

See what he is going through is one of the 5 stages of grief ...let him go and preach to Mugabe
Re: James Ibori Chased Econet Out Over $4.5M Bribe - Econet CEO by Chukazu: 3:25am On Apr 30, 2017
Evestar200:
So after how many years na now u fit get mouth to talk, why u nor talk since, may be he for still dy jail now until 2019 wey we don sweep him and he boys comot from our beautiful Delta state to a safe a hand .

And not disputing the fact that he still remain the best governor Delta state has Ever had.

maybe it's the first time you are hearing it...this was a well known fact.
I have read this over three years ago

2 Likes

Re: James Ibori Chased Econet Out Over $4.5M Bribe - Econet CEO by seguno2: 4:12am On Apr 30, 2017
BedLam:
Ibori demanded 4.5 million out of 9 million. Who's the person that demanded the rest? Why is he hiding the other person? Probably the person still had control ?

Could be the national leader of our ruling party?

1 Like

Re: James Ibori Chased Econet Out Over $4.5M Bribe - Econet CEO by marv1: 4:19am On Apr 30, 2017
Ayomidegbenga1:
Exactly the way mimiko chased away Aliko Dangote from siting refinery in Ondo State
Are u serious? please tell me more.
Re: James Ibori Chased Econet Out Over $4.5M Bribe - Econet CEO by TexasR: 4:53am On Apr 30, 2017
In Obasanjos voice "this story get k leg avec.
Ibori demanded for $9 million dollars from you to do what exactly.I know Ibori was governor when Econet got the first GSM license and I know tens of millions of Delta state govt money was used.In fact DTSG was a major shareholder,so was Ibori asking this man to start refunding thevmobey DTSG pumped into Econet or what
It's so easy for him to just throw that shifty bribe story out there after all Ibori is an ex con and everybody is expected to buy that Vick and bull story.
Mr Strive is a liar
Re: James Ibori Chased Econet Out Over $4.5M Bribe - Econet CEO by godquality: 5:02am On Apr 30, 2017
afroniger:

"Unfortunately for you, God does not have a vote.
This caught my attention and i don't know how to react to these criminals called politicians. They make selfish decisions not for the people but themselves. Who know what might have been if Econet was still in the country. Maybe the phone tariff maybe cheaper than it currently is base on logistic and competition. But we will never know because of Ibori the ex con.
Re: James Ibori Chased Econet Out Over $4.5M Bribe - Econet CEO by dotedote: 5:28am On Apr 30, 2017
Evestar200:

Continue. Your children will one day see all these and you may be around to explain to them why you reasoned that way.

1 Like

Re: James Ibori Chased Econet Out Over $4.5M Bribe - Econet CEO by supereagle(m): 5:43am On Apr 30, 2017
vedaxcool:
Yet this acclaimed thief of international fame was given a hero's welcome in Delta. . . what a pity.
Nigerians for you.

2 Likes

Re: James Ibori Chased Econet Out Over $4.5M Bribe - Econet CEO by SalamRushdie: 5:58am On Apr 30, 2017
Evestar200:

He said this many years ago , infact his testimony was relieved by the UK police in the trial of Ibori

Re: James Ibori Chased Econet Out Over $4.5M Bribe - Econet CEO by OlanreJohnson: 6:00am On Apr 30, 2017
RosaConsidine:

That's the zoo for you. grin
Re: James Ibori Chased Econet Out Over $4.5M Bribe - Econet CEO by SalamRushdie: 6:00am On Apr 30, 2017
refreshrate:

*that's your excuse* first of
Then, Yes it's true it's because of people like me blah blah blah

Why didn't you say anything about the Zimbabweans filing for returns on everything they bought despite the salaries they got? Or him bringing less than qualified people to boss over better qualified people here just cos their from his country ...oh that doesn't count abi?

Does your holier than thou attitude change the facts that such deals happen all over the world?
Or you will come and say this is the only one of its kind that's ever happened?

Sebi they kicked his butt the curb has he been able to get a deal similar to that afterwards?

See what he is going through is one of the 5 stages of grief ...let him go and preach to Mugabe

If you don't know today he still has significant share in Airtel Nigeria while Ibori doesn't and he is far richer and more respected tha Ibori...Strive Masiyawa is a great man try and read him up
Re: James Ibori Chased Econet Out Over $4.5M Bribe - Econet CEO by thebadmus(m): 6:31am On Apr 30, 2017
siloXIX:
so as he didn't pay, James Ibori made Celtel buy out Econet. isallright Mr, Tell us more gist
they should tell us who pursue center as well
Re: James Ibori Chased Econet Out Over $4.5M Bribe - Econet CEO by clevadani: 6:41am On Apr 30, 2017
ymee:
I thought Ibori is an hero

Please I'm seriously in need of a job(part-time or fulltime) , being jobless for a while. thanks
Bsc mat/comp.sci 2.1
Contact me for...your any of these
SERVICES
1. Desktop-publishing
2. Web designing
3. Online registration
4. Corporate training
5. Software Training
6. Graphics designing
7. systems repair, installation and troubleshooting etc
babs4realscience@yahoo.com
Bros, with these skills you shouldn't be asking people for a job. You should be giving people jobs

1 Like

Re: James Ibori Chased Econet Out Over $4.5M Bribe - Econet CEO by Ejomax77(m): 6:48am On Apr 30, 2017
ChinonsoDike2:

No I'm not! I have disavowed the black race. A dark skinned Indian has black skin, but he is not black. I have black skin, and I am not black.
Alright sir!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

IPOB Plots Protest At White House As Buhari Visits Trump / FG Approves 22 Firms To Takeover Meter Distribution From Discos (names) / Buhari Terminates Trobell International Limited Contract Over $2.15bn Commission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.