Stats: 3,155,653 members, 7,827,411 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:36 AM

James Ibori Chased Econet Out Over $4.5M Bribe - Econet CEO - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / James Ibori Chased Econet Out Over $4.5M Bribe - Econet CEO (29908 Views)

Godfathers: Oshiomhole Has Joined James Ibori And Bola Tinubu As Power Brokers / Meet First Nigerian Billionaire Who Was Worth Over $4 Billion In 1950s / James Ibori Weeps At Alamieyeseigha’s Graveside In Bayelsa...Photos (2) (3) (4)

Re: James Ibori Chased Econet Out Over $4.5M Bribe - Econet CEO by factwriter(m): 7:18am On Apr 30, 2017
EgunMogaji:
Factwriter, is there a place where I can read the whole expose completely?

It was forwarded to me via whatsapp, unfortunately whatsapp truncated the TESTIMONY due to their policies guiding "forwarded and/or broadcasted" messages.

Sorry.

Re: James Ibori Chased Econet Out Over $4.5M Bribe - Econet CEO by seunoni34(m): 7:29am On Apr 30, 2017
Oche211:
This is how this wicked men destroy our country, our nation with their greed.
Only God knw how many jobs Nigerian teeming jobless nd unemployed youths would ve gotten 4rm econet.
The countless opportunities we ve lost as a nation because of our greedy politicians.
I remember that mr Strive Masiyiwa had discussed this extensively on his facebook page about a year or two ago.
I always follow all his post and entrepreneural teachings. Very educative nd insightful. I recommend them for every entrepreneur out there.
It's just so sad we lost such a great opportunity as a nation.
he discussed it on his Facebook 2 years ago in one of his series about integrity. I love that man. Some people don't know he's one of the African billionaires. I'm surprised. They should Google his name to know what's up. He is a staunch Christian and a clean man!

Re: James Ibori Chased Econet Out Over $4.5M Bribe - Econet CEO by cheezy4real(m): 7:43am On Apr 30, 2017
BedLam:
Ibori demanded 4.5 million out of 9 million. Who's the person that demanded the rest? Why is he hiding the other person? Probably the person still had control ?

Tinubu remains the rest
Re: James Ibori Chased Econet Out Over $4.5M Bribe - Econet CEO by cheezy4real(m): 7:43am On Apr 30, 2017
BedLam:
Ibori demanded 4.5 million out of 9 million. Who's the person that demanded the rest? Why is he hiding the other person? Probably the person still had control ?

Tinubu demanded the rest
Re: James Ibori Chased Econet Out Over $4.5M Bribe - Econet CEO by BedLam: 7:46am On Apr 30, 2017
cheezy4real:

Tinubu demanded the rest
Funny enough, he couldn't mention Tinubu because he still has enough power ? In life and business, you compromise and that's not a sign of losing. That's survival, that's why the Chinese prosper here and most westerners don't. I bet he regretted not paying that money.
Re: James Ibori Chased Econet Out Over $4.5M Bribe - Econet CEO by Btruth: 8:03am On Apr 30, 2017
sarrki:
Ibori is the true meaning of corruption
in short, his name should be James Onanefe Ibori Corruption.

The guy is damn too corrupt. lipsrsealed

Re: James Ibori Chased Econet Out Over $4.5M Bribe - Econet CEO by achieverme(m): 8:15am On Apr 30, 2017
Tenim47:
idiot person of biafra

ipob

james ibori

You should be reasonable enough to know corrupt people are in every tribe. Is Tinubu corrupt or not? Is bashir lawal corrupt or not? What of atiku abubakar or fashola of the 70 million naira website?
Re: James Ibori Chased Econet Out Over $4.5M Bribe - Econet CEO by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 8:24am On Apr 30, 2017
This news done tey now. But it is good that he opened up so that Nigerians will know that their governors are their enemies
Re: James Ibori Chased Econet Out Over $4.5M Bribe - Econet CEO by refreshrate: 8:24am On Apr 30, 2017
SalamRushdie:

If you don't know today he still has significant share in Airtel Nigeria while Ibori doesn't and he is far richer and more respected tha Ibori...Strive Masiyawa is a great man try and read him up

Telling lies to boost your point isn't necessary please.

Today is Sunday respect that.

Steve richer than Ibori, even your mind no matter what state it is doesn't believe that so Pls match break oga
Re: James Ibori Chased Econet Out Over $4.5M Bribe - Econet CEO by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 8:31am On Apr 30, 2017
tutudesz:

Plz not all Deltans! He is a Thief that single handedly destroy Delta state and I believe many people of Delta state are thinking the same.
I don't think so, most Delta state citizens have met always Hail him. They see him as a demigod.

Re: James Ibori Chased Econet Out Over $4.5M Bribe - Econet CEO by komekn(m): 8:32am On Apr 30, 2017
tutudesz:

Plz not all Deltans! He is a Thief that single handedly destroy Delta state and I believe many people of Delta state are thinking the same.

Agreed unreservedly.
Re: James Ibori Chased Econet Out Over $4.5M Bribe - Econet CEO by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 8:39am On Apr 30, 2017
akoko11:

God forbid, my state can never be Ibori's toilet
Are you sure Sir? Do you know that Governor Okowa donated millions of Naira from the coffers of Delta state to celebrate welcome party and thanksgiving service for Ibori?

Re: James Ibori Chased Econet Out Over $4.5M Bribe - Econet CEO by RosaConsidine: 9:55am On Apr 30, 2017
refreshrate:

*that's your excuse* first of
Then, Yes it's true it's because of people like me blah blah blah

Why didn't you say anything about the Zimbabweans filing for returns on everything they bought despite the salaries they got? Or him bringing less than qualified people to boss over better qualified people here just cos their from his country ...oh that doesn't count abi?

Does your holier than thou attitude change the facts that such deals happen all over the world?
Or you will come and say this is the only one of its kind that's ever happened?

Sebi they kicked his butt the curb has he been able to get a deal similar to that afterwards?

See what he is going through is one of the 5 stages of grief ...let him go and preach to Mugabe

What the Zimbabweans do is their effing business. It's their company so they can run it however they please so long as it is in line with Nigeria's company and labor laws. I find it utterly pathetic that you're making excuses for corrupt Nigerians. I don't care what they do around the world. People are committing suicide all over the world; how come you're yet to kill yourself? You should be utterly ashamed that you defended and you are continuing to defend corruption.

Shocking!

Re: James Ibori Chased Econet Out Over $4.5M Bribe - Econet CEO by SalamRushdie: 10:10am On Apr 30, 2017
refreshrate:

Telling lies to boost your point isn't necessary please.

Today is Sunday respect that.

Steve richer than Ibori, even your mind no matter what state it is doesn't believe that so Pls match break oga

Typical ignorant Nigerian
Re: James Ibori Chased Econet Out Over $4.5M Bribe - Econet CEO by ipobarecriminals: 10:13am On Apr 30, 2017
SBG04:
Read this story as far back as 2010.The prominent local business man he spoke of is Oba Otudeko, the same person that has almost run First bank and ETI aground with bad and fraudulent loans.
Together with Sanusi and some thieves @ the top.I be insider
Re: James Ibori Chased Econet Out Over $4.5M Bribe - Econet CEO by Flexherbal(m): 10:52am On Apr 30, 2017
[quote author=SlyCharlie post=56053869]
This isn't the first time he's saying it bro.
He's said this years ago[/quote
Oh!
Ok, boss.

Re: James Ibori Chased Econet Out Over $4.5M Bribe - Econet CEO by teebillz: 11:00am On Apr 30, 2017
Evestar200:
So after how many years na now u fit get mouth to talk, why u nor talk since, may be he for still dy jail now until 2019 wey we don sweep him and he boys comot from our beautiful Delta state to a safe a hand .

And not disputing the fact that he still remain the best governor Delta state has Ever had.

He said this years ago. The read that on his blog a long time ago.

This is from 2015

http://newsbreakers.ng/econet-wireless-ibori-demanded-4-5m-bribe-from-us-masiyiwa/
Re: James Ibori Chased Econet Out Over $4.5M Bribe - Econet CEO by tutudesz: 11:09am On Apr 30, 2017
Gaddafithe2nd:

I don't think so, most Delta state citizens have met always Hail him. They see him as a demigod.
those hailing him have never left Delta state to other states to see what development is all about. You can't be using Nokia 3310 and be shouting its the best when other are using IPhone.

Re: James Ibori Chased Econet Out Over $4.5M Bribe - Econet CEO by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 11:14am On Apr 30, 2017
tutudesz:

those hailing him have never left Delta state to other states to see what development is all about. You can't be using Nokia 3310 and be shouting its the best when other are using IPhone.
I love that. It means they wallowing in ignorance.
Re: James Ibori Chased Econet Out Over $4.5M Bribe - Econet CEO by tutudesz: 11:19am On Apr 30, 2017
Gaddafithe2nd:

Are you sure Sir? Do you know that Governor Okowa donated millions of Naira from the coffers of Delta state to celebrate welcome party and thanksgiving service for Ibori?
Sadly he donated almost a billions naira. Okowa is just the ceremony governor,while Ibori is the governor

Re: James Ibori Chased Econet Out Over $4.5M Bribe - Econet CEO by genny2kuk(m): 11:22am On Apr 30, 2017
Evestar200:
So after how many years na now u fit get mouth to talk, why u nor talk since, may be he for still dy jail now until 2019 wey we don sweep him and he boys comot from our beautiful Delta state to a safe a hand .

And not disputing the fact that he still remain the best governor Delta state has Ever had.

If you follow his Facebook page and videos on YouTube, you will know that he has being saying these things.

Dr Strive was a witness during Ibori's trial in London, and he made his testimony.

He didn't start saying it today.

Re: James Ibori Chased Econet Out Over $4.5M Bribe - Econet CEO by tutudesz: 11:23am On Apr 30, 2017
Gaddafithe2nd:

I love that. It means they wallowing in ignorance.
you can't sit down in the village and be forming local champion. Delta state is backward because of Ibori so those defending him are worse than him.

Re: James Ibori Chased Econet Out Over $4.5M Bribe - Econet CEO by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 11:51am On Apr 30, 2017
tutudesz:

Sadly he donated almost a billions naira. Okowa is just the ceremony governor,while Ibori is the governor
You are a conscious person. God will help Nigerians from this wicked leaders and people with good heart should try an step into the politics of our nation.
Re: James Ibori Chased Econet Out Over $4.5M Bribe - Econet CEO by tutudesz: 12:14pm On Apr 30, 2017
Gaddafithe2nd:

You are a conscious person. God will help Nigerians from this wicked leaders and people with good heart should try an step into the politics of our nation.
Deltans will never vote such a person! Until Ibori is dead and all politicians in Delta state,because they are the worse in Nigeria.
Re: James Ibori Chased Econet Out Over $4.5M Bribe - Econet CEO by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 12:18pm On Apr 30, 2017
tutudesz:

Deltans will never vote such a person! Until Ibori is dead and all politicians in Delta state,because they are the worse in Nigeria.
It is so pathetic.
Re: James Ibori Chased Econet Out Over $4.5M Bribe - Econet CEO by Nobody: 12:24pm On Apr 30, 2017
factwriter:

It was forwarded to me via whatsapp, unfortunately whatsapp truncated the TESTIMONY due to their policies guiding "forwarded and/or broadcasted" messages.

Sorry.

Re: James Ibori Chased Econet Out Over $4.5M Bribe - Econet CEO by KunlePrism(m): 12:40pm On Apr 30, 2017
Re: James Ibori Chased Econet Out Over $4.5M Bribe - Econet CEO by mbjsuki(m): 1:57pm On Apr 30, 2017
vedaxcool:
Yet this acclaimed thief of international fame was given a hero's welcome in Delta. . . what a pity.

Thank God you said "Delta"! Finish nau!
It can only be in Delta state. The hub and breeding ground for aspiring criminals.
Re: James Ibori Chased Econet Out Over $4.5M Bribe - Econet CEO by vedaxcool(m): 2:06pm On Apr 30, 2017
mbjsuki:

Thank God you said "Delta"! Finish nau!
It can only be in Delta state. The hub and breeding ground for aspiring criminals.

Ha ha. my hand no dey oh before they carry can flog you!

Re: James Ibori Chased Econet Out Over $4.5M Bribe - Econet CEO by creekman(m): 2:41pm On Apr 30, 2017
Oche211:
This is how this wicked men destroy our country, our nation with their greed.
Only God knw how many jobs Nigerian teeming jobless nd unemployed youths would ve gotten 4rm econet.
The countless opportunities we ve lost as a nation because of our greedy politicians.
I remember that mr Strive Masiyiwa had discussed this extensively on his facebook page about a year or two ago.
I always follow all his post and entrepreneural teachings. Very educative nd insightful. I recommend them for every entrepreneur out there.
It's just so sad we lost such a great opportunity as a nation.

And yet this same corrupt man called Ibori was given an heroic welcome by his state...Wat an irony.
Re: James Ibori Chased Econet Out Over $4.5M Bribe - Econet CEO by tutudesz: 3:18pm On Apr 30, 2017
creekman:

And yet this same corrupt man called Ibori was given an heroic welcome by his state...Wat an irony.
Only the corrupted minded Deltans welcomed him back to continue were left off,but unfortunately that about 90% of the people. while the rest 10% never did and we are praying that the EFCC should pick him up.

Jide Sanwoolu Visits Lateef Jakande, The 1st Civilian Governor Of Lagos State / Wanted Stanley Mgbere Is Not Our Member - IPOB Tells Governor Wike / Resolutions Of Fg/labour Meeting