Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

Polygyny: Matters Arising - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Polygyny: Matters Arising (1025 Views)

Polygamy Vs. Polyamory Vs. Polygyny Vs. Polyandry Vs. Bigamy / Her Husband Is About To Be Made A King, She Is Scared Of Polygyny,pls Advice / Polygyny: An Ideal Life Style And Solutions To So Many Social Problems (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Polygyny: Matters Arising by ono(m): 1:43pm On Jan 26, 2007
Folks,
I got this link about polygyny from a lady friend. Much as the generality of women (and men too) look at this in bad light, I think the writer of this article has some very strong reasons to justify the practice of polygyny among people of all races and kind.

Here's a sample of what I gleaned out from the write up:

'' In any case, from a ‘fitness’ perspective, polygyny(polygamy??) is, obviously, a good deal for men in a position to marry and multiply. And, despite our intuition, choosing to share a husband can sometimes be a rational choice for a woman as well. So why have most modern societies come to forbid it? And why should we as individuals, deplore it? As it turns out, our gut instinct that polygyny generally benefits men is even more seriously in error than our instinct about the consequences for women. In fact, it is nearly the inverse of the truth: if there is no shortage of men in a breeding pool, then polygyny is a bad deal for all men who are not rich, a terrible deal for men who are poor, and a hazard to society at large. It has also, in modern times, come to pose a serious danger to the stability of the world.''

Take the link below:
http://www.thezaxis.org/2006/02/polygamy_an_evolutionary_guide.html

In all these, much as I'm not favourably disposed towards the practice, I'm beginning to look at those who practice it with some level of objectivity and reason. What do you think?

(1) (Reply)

"no Money No Conitnual Marriage" Girls And "use And Dump" Men / Amina Bola Chioma Jr. / Traditional Ruler Loses Daughter And Wife In 3 Months Over Throne

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.