Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,018 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:45 AM

UNIBEN Student Drowns In River Benue; He Came For NUGA Games - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNIBEN Student Drowns In River Benue; He Came For NUGA Games (27461 Views)

AAU Student Drowns During A Picnic Organized By Her Hostel.. (video) / OOU Final Year Student Drowns In Hotel On Easter Sunday. / How James, UNIBEN Student Drowned In River Benue NUGA Games (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNIBEN Student Drowns In River Benue; He Came For NUGA Games by fuckjesus(m): 2:47pm On Apr 30, 2017
shakes his heard in grief and walks out!
Re: UNIBEN Student Drowns In River Benue; He Came For NUGA Games by glossy6(f): 2:55pm On Apr 30, 2017
frankomale1:
Its so Sad. May his soul rest in Peace. But watin the boy go find for River self
Carth678:
I know this guy very well. Handsome loved and full of life. I feel bad for his very identical twin brother He has left his other half to suffer in this world alone . RIP my friend
frankomale1:
Its so Sad. May his soul rest in Peace. But watin the boy go find for River self
Re: UNIBEN Student Drowns In River Benue; He Came For NUGA Games by Nobody: 3:08pm On Apr 30, 2017
NwamaziNwaAro:
angry

The staff of Edo Airways followed him into the river

RIP
Wetin edo do you na?
Re: UNIBEN Student Drowns In River Benue; He Came For NUGA Games by CampusAproko: 3:21pm On Apr 30, 2017
Details has emerged on how the 'yet to be identified' University of Benin student drowned in River Benue during the just concluded Nigeria Universities Games Association (NUGA) which held at Benue state and hosted by the Federal University of Agriculture, Makurdi. 

According to a closed friend of the deceased who spoke with Campus Gist on the condition of anonymity,... .

Credit: www.campusgistng.com
Re: UNIBEN Student Drowns In River Benue; He Came For NUGA Games by AjiChris(f): 3:26pm On Apr 30, 2017
Oh i pity d family...RIP
Re: UNIBEN Student Drowns In River Benue; He Came For NUGA Games by mamajaz(f): 3:31pm On Apr 30, 2017
Eeyah, guy must have been an amiable one while still here, so many people here knew him.May God console you all, R.I.P to the dead.
May God give his twin brother and family members the needed fortitude to bear this irreparable lost.
Re: UNIBEN Student Drowns In River Benue; He Came For NUGA Games by CampusAproko: 3:33pm On Apr 30, 2017
How James, 200l UNIBEN student drowned in River Benue NUGA games.

Details has emerged on how the 'yet to be identified' University of Benin student drowned in River Benue during the just concluded Nigeria Universities Games Association (NUGA) which held at Benue state and hosted by the Federal University of Agriculture, Makurdi. 

According to a closed friend of the deceased who spoke with Campus Gist on the condition of anonymity, James was warned not go beyond a particular point at the river which he failed to obey. 
Coursemates of the deceased who lamented the unfortunate incident described Late James as a loving and playful fellow.

One of his friends (and probably an eyewitness) who took to their class Whatsapp group said the incident was quite unfortunate and could have been avoided.

According to him, he (James) and his team have been visiting the river for 3days. For some weird reasons, he decided to venture deep inside the river, which he eventually drowned.

“It is just crazy why one would decide to swim in one of the biggest River in Nigeria, a highly diabolic one for that matter”, he lamented.

“It was just sudden. He just went down, no struggle, no shout.

“Local fishermen found his body two hours after the incident”, he added.

The body of late James has since been deposited in Madonna Hospital, Makurdi, Premium Times reports.

Until his death, James was a 200level student of the department of Medical Laboratory Science, school of Basic Medical Sciences, University of Benin.

Unconfirmed reports has it that James was born Twin. His twin brother who was said to have collapsed on hearing the ugly incident, is currently recuperating at the hospital.

…….

This post first appeared on Campus Gist.

Source: www.campusgistng.com

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Student Drowns In River Benue; He Came For NUGA Games by oyetpel(m): 4:50pm On Apr 30, 2017
Re: UNIBEN Student Drowns In River Benue; He Came For NUGA Games by Larasisi(f): 4:54pm On Apr 30, 2017
mamuzoOMAH:
a sad one there. I know the guy personally. he has always been adventurous. tall dark and handsome guy who has now left his identical twin bro, alone in this world. Such a traumatic experience. we will now have to do a procession for him when they come back to school.
All these youths what's with swimming in a dirty river?
Our adversary is unrelenting in seeking occasion to strike so please be sober and vigilant at all times.
Re: UNIBEN Student Drowns In River Benue; He Came For NUGA Games by auxanosolar(f): 6:05pm On Apr 30, 2017
Re: UNIBEN Student Drowns In River Benue; He Came For NUGA Games by IYANGBALI: 6:08pm On Apr 30, 2017
auxanosolar:
whats dis one saying.....mtcheww
i was saying that you are damn too archaic
Re: UNIBEN Student Drowns In River Benue; He Came For NUGA Games by Nobody: 7:12pm On Apr 30, 2017
RIP bruv!
Re: UNIBEN Student Drowns In River Benue; He Came For NUGA Games by auxanosolar(f): 7:30pm On Apr 30, 2017
Re: UNIBEN Student Drowns In River Benue; He Came For NUGA Games by IYANGBALI: 7:36pm On Apr 30, 2017
auxanosolar:
and u are damn too dumb...... don't quote me again..... OK bye
you are so fokn superstitious in this 21st century. I pity you and your boyfriend. Mtcheeeeeew.

I have quoted you now do whatever fokn thing you wanna do tongue
Re: UNIBEN Student Drowns In River Benue; He Came For NUGA Games by number5(m): 7:50pm On Apr 30, 2017
Jostico:
At times it's best to watch films from morning to night

You are totally vibrating at thesame frequency as myself
Re: UNIBEN Student Drowns In River Benue; He Came For NUGA Games by MarieSucre(f): 8:38pm On Apr 30, 2017
jonaifame22:
Rip, greatest gbo gbo.

Repping faculty and ekosodin 2006- 2010
See dem. Edo street and Newton street brought-up.
Re: UNIBEN Student Drowns In River Benue; He Came For NUGA Games by jonaifame22(m): 9:27pm On Apr 30, 2017
MarieSucre:

See dem. Edo street and Newton street brought-up.
transformer area near the secondary school to be precise
Re: UNIBEN Student Drowns In River Benue; He Came For NUGA Games by Theelove(f): 6:42am On May 01, 2017
Ah James!!....u just had to leave us without saying goodbye....RIP bro....u will live on in our hearts
Re: UNIBEN Student Drowns In River Benue; He Came For NUGA Games by MarieSucre(f): 7:59am On May 01, 2017
jonaifame22:
transformer area near the secondary school to be precise

Na dem!! looool
Re: UNIBEN Student Drowns In River Benue; He Came For NUGA Games by jonaifame22(m): 9:12am On May 01, 2017
MarieSucre:

Na dem!! looool
cool
Re: UNIBEN Student Drowns In River Benue; He Came For NUGA Games by PrettySleek(f): 9:49pm On May 02, 2017
NwamaziNwaAro:
angry

The staff of Edo Airways followed him into the river

RIP
Not funny, not funny at all. I don't know know what ur intentions were and honestly i don't care, u don't say stupid things like especially when death is concerned. Pls hv respect for his friends and relatives that would see this. U should correct ur statement
Re: UNIBEN Student Drowns In River Benue; He Came For NUGA Games by PrettySleek(f): 10:04pm On May 02, 2017
2shure:
That's why we remain dumb.
His brother killed him.
I mean al d fuckin years of study and shiit
His pussi ass culdnt swim
Learn how to swim and shiit
Wich sensible person goes close to water
And at that 4 fuc sake a river.
When lots of private swimming pools full town.
Free things..esp free risky shiits always got a prize
Must u talk? U don't even know him. He was a good swimmer, it was just unfortunate. How would u feel if someone writes this about ur friend or brother? U are just foolish! U need to learn how to pick ur words. It is clear u are very irresponsible, d guy has friends on Nairaland for goodness sake. I watched him grow up, I know where he lives, his mother was my teacher, he was a kind and responsible person. I feel bitter about ur comment honestly I am, u are very lucky u aren't close to me I would hv bitch slapped u! U are really really really really STUPID for this! U better apologize and pray God forgives u, I wonder how u sleep at night. Sadist!
Re: UNIBEN Student Drowns In River Benue; He Came For NUGA Games by Nobody: 11:15pm On May 02, 2017
PrettySleek:

Must u talk? U don't even know him. He was a good swimmer, it was just unfortunate. How would u feel if someone writes this about ur friend or brother? U are just foolish! U need to learn how to pick ur words. It is clear u are very irresponsible, d guy has friends on Nairaland for goodness sake. I watched him grow up, I know where he lives, his mother was my teacher, he was a kind and responsible person. I feel bitter about ur comment honestly I am, u are very lucky u aren't close to me I would hv bitch slapped u! U are really really really really STUPID for this! U better apologize and pray God forgives u, I wonder how u sleep at night. Sadist!
aaaaa only one person,ah this morthan slap abeg calme down!!!
Re: UNIBEN Student Drowns In River Benue; He Came For NUGA Games by 2shure: 5:27am On May 03, 2017
Uniben dull students
PrettySleek:

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Student Drowns In River Benue; He Came For NUGA Games by PrettySleek(f): 5:54am On May 03, 2017
2shure:
Uniben dull students
Wow, you are even worse than I thought. It is obvious nothing good or reasonable can come out of ur head, wasted sperm. As u have been unsympathetic to people's pain, so will others do onto u. That's all I will tell u, by the way am not a student of uniben so am not insulted but am pretty sure d dullest person in that school is smarter than u.

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Student Drowns In River Benue; He Came For NUGA Games by 2shure: 6:02am On May 03, 2017
Broke wtud3nts.with 3450 naira acct balance.
Abegi
Ozwo.
PrettySleek:

Wow, you are even worse than I thought. It is obvious nothing good or reasonable can come out of ur head, wasted sperm. As u have been unsympathetic to people's pain, so will others do onto u. That's all I will tell u, by the way am not a student of uniben so am not insulted but am pretty sure d dullest person in that school is smarter than u.
Re: UNIBEN Student Drowns In River Benue; He Came For NUGA Games by Favourkings: 7:21am On May 04, 2017
too bad
Re: UNIBEN Student Drowns In River Benue; He Came For NUGA Games by Nobody: 1:48am On Jun 21, 2017
PrettySleek:

hi your face looks familiar as someone I once saw at UBTH.. You reside at Benin? You look familiar though.
Re: UNIBEN Student Drowns In River Benue; He Came For NUGA Games by Nobody: 1:49am On Jun 21, 2017
Favourkings:
Rip clavicle.
A very active , cheerful guy.
Used to bump into the two identical twin. couldn't even difgerentiate between the two brothers.
his brother, must be very devastated now.
I feel so bad for the family.
na him be that?
Re: UNIBEN Student Drowns In River Benue; He Came For NUGA Games by PrettySleek(f): 1:34pm On Jun 21, 2017
GrandFinale2017:
hi your face looks familiar as someone I once saw at UBTH.. You reside at Benin? You look familiar though.
Yes I stay in benin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

These Two UNIOSUN Students Are Missing. / List Of Nigerians Who Have Graduated With Perfect CGPA Of 5.0 That Made the News / Aliyu Maigado: Gombe Lecturer Challenges Students To Expose Him If

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.