Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,607 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:42 PM

Ten Intriguing Facts About Anthony Joshua - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ten Intriguing Facts About Anthony Joshua (34536 Views)

More Details About Anthony Joshua (AJ) / Jose Mourinho Speaks About Anthony Martial And His First-team Chances / How Daily Mail Reported About Anthony Joshua In 2012 And In 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ten Intriguing Facts About Anthony Joshua by toptennaija: 7:43am On May 01, 2017
1. Boxing Champion Of Nigeria Ancestry Anthony Joshua wanted to represent Nigeria at the 2012 olympics. But a coach in nigeria told him there was no chance. Joshua reportedly asked to join nigerian trials but was told that if he was good enough, he'd represent england instead of coming back to nigeria.

2.Joshua was born to a nigerian mother and a father of Nigerian and Irish descent. His cousin is fellow unbeaten professional boxer, Ben Ileyemi. The pair made their professional debut together in 2013

3.Joshua grew up much of his early years in nigeria and returned to U.K Halfway through Year 7 to join kings langley secondary school. He became a boxer in 2007 at the age of 18 after he was encouraged by his cousin.

4.As an upcoming boxer, joshua won numerous bouts and competition which made him a kid to watch out for
In 2011, He made it to the world amateur boxing championship in azerbaijan where he won silver medal.
Joshua won a olympic gold for great britain at the london olympics in 2012. As an amatuer, he won a gold medal in the super heavy-weight division at the 2012 olympics

5.As of march 2016, joshua is ranked the world's 8 best heavy weight boxer by the ring magazine. And currently boasts of a 100 percent knock out ratio.

6.He has won all the 15 bouts of his professional career

7. He worked as a bricklayer before taking up boxing full time

8.His mother yeti odusanya has not been in one of joshua's bout since his defeat in the 2011 world amateur boxing championship in azerbaijan

9. In 2009, joshua was remanded in reading prison U.K for what he describes as fightimg and other crazy stuff. He was made to wear a electronic tag on his ankle when released.

10.In march 2011, joshua was pulled over by police for overspeeding in Colindale, North London. He was found with 8 ounces of herbal cannabis hidden in his sports bag in his mercedes benz. He was charged with possession with intent to supply a class b drug.An offence that carries a maximum of 14 years sentence. Joshua was suspended From GB boxing squad and was sentenced to a 12-month community order and 100 hours unpaid work after pleading guilty at crown court

http://ttnaija..com.ng/2017/04/ten-intriguing-facts-about-anthony.html

watch-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ak8NFoGoBI

2 Likes

Re: Ten Intriguing Facts About Anthony Joshua by SuperSuave(m): 7:51am On May 01, 2017
undecidedYour thread says "10 facts" while the video says 11, op you wan chop the remaining one? Why you stingy sef angry

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ten Intriguing Facts About Anthony Joshua by Brymo: 8:02am On May 01, 2017
The greatest mind that has ever lived, said "Render therefore unto Caesar the things which be Caesar's, and unto God the things which be God's"
But if you give what belongs to you, to Caesar he will still collect, this is exactly what's happening in our country, the silence of the oppressed, the lackadaisical behavior of the labour Congress and the "yobolitic" nature of the youth has rendered to Caesar the things which belongs to us. #happyworkersdayNG.

19 Likes

Re: Ten Intriguing Facts About Anthony Joshua by Nobody: 10:02am On May 01, 2017

He's not Nigerian

If you don't know speak any Nigerian language, you ain't a damn Nigerian

If you don't haven't been to Nigeria in the last 10 years, I'm sorry to hurt your feeling, you're not Nigerian

Just like that dumb fucck Abdullah muttalab that tried to blow up a plane, he wasn't born in Nigeria, he doesn't live in Nigeria, just because his parents once lived in Nigeria, he was called the "Nigerian highjacker" instead of a "British highjacker"

Anthony Joshua, my brother, it's too late, why not go to your country United kingdom(not a typo)

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ten Intriguing Facts About Anthony Joshua by lilfreezy: 10:02am On May 01, 2017
so because one foreign naija boy don win something we no go hear word for nairaland again. How many AJ topic don ever make FP before him fight klitschko. I no blame una, na all the mods wey dey work from home i blame

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ten Intriguing Facts About Anthony Joshua by veekid(m): 10:02am On May 01, 2017
That Yoruba boi

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ten Intriguing Facts About Anthony Joshua by Bisola80: 10:03am On May 01, 2017
Yes
Re: Ten Intriguing Facts About Anthony Joshua by Gegz(m): 10:03am On May 01, 2017
grin grin grin
Re: Ten Intriguing Facts About Anthony Joshua by Timiblanko(m): 10:03am On May 01, 2017
Now they can boostfuly call hin a Nigerian. Nigeria dream killer... There are lot of people out there who can make Nigeria great but no they will destroy the rising star

Hiss

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ten Intriguing Facts About Anthony Joshua by slawomir: 10:03am On May 01, 2017
OK. all I know is that Anthony Joshua is a NIGERIAN.
#increaseminimumwage
Re: Ten Intriguing Facts About Anthony Joshua by Nobody: 10:04am On May 01, 2017
Josh My Guy!
This guy is just too cool and handsome to be a Boxer!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ten Intriguing Facts About Anthony Joshua by fiendishghoul: 10:04am On May 01, 2017
Fact 1 is extremely wrong, that's not what happened, please check ur facts before posting

3 Likes

Re: Ten Intriguing Facts About Anthony Joshua by Factfinder1(m): 10:04am On May 01, 2017
Una don start abi

1 Like

Re: Ten Intriguing Facts About Anthony Joshua by Nobody: 10:04am On May 01, 2017
No. one can't possibly be right
Re: Ten Intriguing Facts About Anthony Joshua by DollarAngel(m): 10:05am On May 01, 2017
Good Afonja

2 Likes

Re: Ten Intriguing Facts About Anthony Joshua by EmmyChizkid(m): 10:05am On May 01, 2017
ok
Re: Ten Intriguing Facts About Anthony Joshua by symbianDON(m): 10:05am On May 01, 2017
so he was once a bricklayer!!! no wonder....

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ten Intriguing Facts About Anthony Joshua by Damilare5882(m): 10:05am On May 01, 2017
Wow ...success is a Bitccchhhh.... Evryone wanna fuuuccck with kiss
Re: Ten Intriguing Facts About Anthony Joshua by dancocity(m): 10:05am On May 01, 2017
The boi is damn good even with controversies
Re: Ten Intriguing Facts About Anthony Joshua by mytime24(f): 10:06am On May 01, 2017
my type of man

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ten Intriguing Facts About Anthony Joshua by Pangea: 10:06am On May 01, 2017
See the attitude of Nigerian sport administrators?
Naawa for this country
Re: Ten Intriguing Facts About Anthony Joshua by Fkforyou(m): 10:06am On May 01, 2017
Good for him... smiley
Re: Ten Intriguing Facts About Anthony Joshua by Nobody: 10:06am On May 01, 2017
so this boy na street hustler too
Re: Ten Intriguing Facts About Anthony Joshua by Greatigbos(f): 10:06am On May 01, 2017
ok
Re: Ten Intriguing Facts About Anthony Joshua by Giddiebabalaw(m): 10:07am On May 01, 2017
Yeah!! Good
Re: Ten Intriguing Facts About Anthony Joshua by oatzeal(m): 10:07am On May 01, 2017
Good
Re: Ten Intriguing Facts About Anthony Joshua by Damilare5882(m): 10:08am On May 01, 2017
mytime24:
my type of man
hmmmm...really ... undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Ten Intriguing Facts About Anthony Joshua by symbianDON(m): 10:08am On May 01, 2017
mytime24:
my type of man
na so grin

8 Likes

Re: Ten Intriguing Facts About Anthony Joshua by Tenim47(m): 10:08am On May 01, 2017
mytime24:
my type of man
grin sorry
Re: Ten Intriguing Facts About Anthony Joshua by dfrost: 10:09am On May 01, 2017
Cool
Re: Ten Intriguing Facts About Anthony Joshua by Nobody: 10:09am On May 01, 2017
mytime24:
my type of man
my neighbour has his looks! You care for?!

5 Likes

Re: Ten Intriguing Facts About Anthony Joshua by Evinsco(m): 10:09am On May 01, 2017
Well.....got notting to say.
Happy Workers Day Nairalanders.........

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Which Of These Legendary Goalkeepers Would You Start, Bench And Sell? / Nigeria Is Worst Dressed Team In Beijing / Man Is In Tears After A Football Match (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.