Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,264 members, 7,836,201 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

Would Nigeria Be Put On The Terror List If Obasanjo Was President? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Would Nigeria Be Put On The Terror List If Obasanjo Was President? (1097 Views)

Ribadu Later Realised Obasanjo Was Using Him –soyinka / Opinion!! Was President Buhari Visit To America A Flop? / Obasanjo Was A Clueless War Commander —gen Alabi-isama (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would Nigeria Be Put On The Terror List If Obasanjo Was President? by yinka007(m): 6:00am On Jan 07, 2010
If Obasanjo was president, i'm not sure U.S would put Nigeria on their terror list, but i'ld like to know what others think.
Re: Would Nigeria Be Put On The Terror List If Obasanjo Was President? by saintneo(m): 6:09am On Jan 07, 2010
he has a beta command; therefore such will not come into place.
Re: Would Nigeria Be Put On The Terror List If Obasanjo Was President? by faoni572(m): 7:59am On Jan 07, 2010
It can never happened if Obasanjo was our president
Re: Would Nigeria Be Put On The Terror List If Obasanjo Was President? by rasputinn(m): 8:07am On Jan 07, 2010
No coss he'd be @ Aso Rock lampooning the stupid boy,his father,mother,village(making sure the white house hears of it),and for good measure,he'll surely ring Obama and assure him of his and Nigeria's support in the fight against terror and do his best to assure Obama not to mistake the act of that foolish boy as one of the the general idiosyncrasies of Nigerians,that no normal Nigerian would like to blow up an airplane and die in the process,thereby putting an everlasting end to opportunities to eat pounded yam,amala and tuwo and to have a slice of the much touted national cake

Obama would have understood;no doubt
Re: Would Nigeria Be Put On The Terror List If Obasanjo Was President? by Knight1(m): 8:08am On Jan 07, 2010
Na Beans!!!!!! They can't fit!!! When Baba was President, he was easily the most powerful or second most powerful black (taking condy rice, us sec of state into consideration). He could also have been unconscious and still we'd be treated with some dignity. But then, we all know that the listing was not really a terrorist issue, (that just gave them something to hold on to) it's a result of consistent and steadily growing systemic failures which OBJ wouldn't have permitted!!!
Re: Would Nigeria Be Put On The Terror List If Obasanjo Was President? by Demdem(m): 8:11am On Jan 07, 2010
NahHHHHHHH, i dont think Nigeria would be.
Re: Would Nigeria Be Put On The Terror List If Obasanjo Was President? by WilyWily7: 8:58am On Jan 07, 2010
Yes, Obasanjo was a Domestic Terrorist. Terrorism is Terrorism whether carried out Internal or External.
American have had enough of Nigeria Terrorist acts perpetrated by Dirty Stinking Moslem Fulani/Hausa North and their Counterpart in Criminal act Corrupt Yorubas
Re: Would Nigeria Be Put On The Terror List If Obasanjo Was President? by oge4real(f): 9:13am On Jan 07, 2010
Nah, they cant fit!
Re: Would Nigeria Be Put On The Terror List If Obasanjo Was President? by KunleOshob(m): 9:17am On Jan 07, 2010
I am glad to see nairalanders are really missing uncle Sege grin
Re: Would Nigeria Be Put On The Terror List If Obasanjo Was President? by Afam(m): 10:22am On Jan 07, 2010
KunleOshob:

I am glad to see nairalanders are really missing uncle Sege grin

If care is not taken one day people may crave for him to come back to power.

The painful thing is that the power issue would have improved if not for the dirty politics the present administration played with the IPP stuff.
Re: Would Nigeria Be Put On The Terror List If Obasanjo Was President? by foyeks2001(f): 10:51am On Jan 07, 2010
i dont think so
Re: Would Nigeria Be Put On The Terror List If Obasanjo Was President? by kshow1(m): 11:03am On Jan 07, 2010
rasputinn:

No coss he'd be @ Aso Rock lampooning the silly boy,his father,mother,village(making sure the white house hears of it),and for good measure,he'll surely ring Obama and assure him of his and Nigeria's support in the fight against terror and do his best to assure Obama not to mistake the act of that foolish boy as one of the the general idiosyncrasies of Nigerians,that no normal Nigerian would like to blow up an airplane and die in the process,thereby putting an everlasting end to opportunities to eat pounded yam,amala and tuwo and to have a slice of the much touted national cake

Obama would have understood;no doubt

Yeah, that's the way of an EGBA high chief
Re: Would Nigeria Be Put On The Terror List If Obasanjo Was President? by violent(m): 11:10am On Jan 07, 2010
I doubt if Nigeria would be on the list. .

Yes Obasanjo is corrupt, but no one understands the length and breathe of diplomacy issues better than him. . . he has a powerful wand that brings such issues to a rest

Yaradummy knows nothing, and neither do the speakers who feel Nigeria is now so big to issue ultimatums and threats, they should have been told that is not going to draw a sweat, not especially from US.
If US places a restriction on working permits for Nigerians in the US, then the foolish house of rep members might realize the extent of their damage, u don't put out fire with fire
Re: Would Nigeria Be Put On The Terror List If Obasanjo Was President? by Nobody: 11:11am On Jan 07, 2010
Noooooooooo.Obj had good rapport with the international community when he was president
Re: Would Nigeria Be Put On The Terror List If Obasanjo Was President? by Nobody: 11:19am On Jan 07, 2010
i will put northern Nigeria on u.s.a terror list,there so many other terror camps there.
Re: Would Nigeria Be Put On The Terror List If Obasanjo Was President? by mogentle(m): 11:41am On Jan 07, 2010
Never!!! Us will not even think about it.
The lobby Group employed by OBJ then i.e Goodworks International and other groups like the ambassadors and president of other countries would have swung into action. Unlike now when Nigeria does not have even an ambassador in US to liase btw the two countries, the president himself is always afraid of public function even if he is not sick. Obasanjo does not joke with the international community affairs.

Suppose he had handed over to an agile successor, he would have enjoyed a lot of praises from people. handing over to a sickly goat like this Yaradua eroded all the praises and his(OBJ) good works.
Re: Would Nigeria Be Put On The Terror List If Obasanjo Was President? by princekevo(m): 1:28pm On Jan 07, 2010
Can you ever compare a dead man with the living.
At least OBJ would have stood up against such moves.
Sadly we have a living dead as the president, which is as good as dead man.
Is this not Funny enough that each time our greedy politicians think they can lie to us God always expose them.
They told us Yarasick can rule Nigerian even from his grave. Now again they has been exposed, a time there is need for our president to speak out, we havnt heard anything from him.
Re: Would Nigeria Be Put On The Terror List If Obasanjo Was President? by klarry79: 1:43pm On Jan 07, 2010
NO angry
Re: Would Nigeria Be Put On The Terror List If Obasanjo Was President? by sjeezy8: 5:07pm On Jan 07, 2010
HELLL no lmfao

daddy seggy we miss you come and save us.
Re: Would Nigeria Be Put On The Terror List If Obasanjo Was President? by netpro(m): 5:18pm On Jan 07, 2010
If the do it will become a Do or Die affair
Re: Would Nigeria Be Put On The Terror List If Obasanjo Was President? by OAM4J: 9:14pm On Jan 07, 2010
Am almost certain, it wouldnt have happened with obj in power. That guy commanded lots of respect globally. Not like this Yaradull who does not even command the respect of west africa
Re: Would Nigeria Be Put On The Terror List If Obasanjo Was President? by paddylo1(m): 10:22pm On Jan 07, 2010
no. . . OBJ is the best nigerian leader in the past 30yrs. . .sorry to say
Re: Would Nigeria Be Put On The Terror List If Obasanjo Was President? by Afam(m): 9:54am On Jan 08, 2010
paddy_lo:

When I state very boldly that even though OBJ has his faults like any human being he has contributed much to this country more than any other leader.

His contribution towards resolving our power problem is huge yet some selfish politicians used the IPP to play politics while deceiving Nigerians with lies and today we cannot even see the improvement in electricity that should have been felt if the unnecessary delay was not introduced by those that organised the Power probe.

Time shall tell.
Re: Would Nigeria Be Put On The Terror List If Obasanjo Was President? by faoni572(m): 10:19am On Jan 08, 2010
paddy_lo:

Nothing like 'sorry to say', that is the fact. I wish we had agile president like him very soon.
Re: Would Nigeria Be Put On The Terror List If Obasanjo Was President? by victorazy(m): 10:44am On Jan 08, 2010
That can never happen
I missed OBJ
Re: Would Nigeria Be Put On The Terror List If Obasanjo Was President? by mmaks: 11:08am On Jan 08, 2010
honestly speaking, Nigeria had a great measure of international credibility when Obj was in power. he knew the importance of playing international politics and seized every opportunity to exploit it.

i am very sure that this blacklisting embarrassment would never have happened under him cos he drew a lot of international goodwill.
Re: Would Nigeria Be Put On The Terror List If Obasanjo Was President? by revolt(m): 11:10am On Jan 08, 2010
I laugh when i see threads like this i remember when obj tried to pull off third term people didn't understand especially southernes. When i told people them to support him cos if'd be better than any northerner peeps crucifyd me. I guess now everybodys eyes are open. same thing happened when ojukwu tryd 2 lead a sece, more decisions like these will still come up in future and myopic nigerians wnt c it comin. You all remember when obj said he pitys us guess now we know. All hail one nigeria
Re: Would Nigeria Be Put On The Terror List If Obasanjo Was President? by CrudeOil2(m): 11:12am On Jan 08, 2010
I miss Obasanjo. He made Nigeria a bit interesting, I wish his third term plan worked out.
Re: Would Nigeria Be Put On The Terror List If Obasanjo Was President? by violent(m): 11:58am On Jan 08, 2010
paddy_lo:

I wouldn't be sorry if i had said that, its the friggin truth

When OBJ was in power, well, Nigerians were called corrupt. . .

When he left, Nigerians became Corrupt, Kidnappers, and fcking TERRORIST

OBJ controlled things, not the CBN governor, not his wife, not AGF, not even the mighty senate, OBJ was in charge!
Re: Would Nigeria Be Put On The Terror List If Obasanjo Was President? by Jarus(m): 5:18pm On Jan 08, 2010
Yes, but we will give a fiercer resistance. Obasanjo's assertiveness could be of help here.

(1) (Reply)

Who Knows The Origin Of "naija"? / Poly Student Wrongly Credited With N9.3bn Is A Crook - Firstbank / End Of The World Is Before May 29, Why Are We Killing Our Self About Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.