Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,628 members, 7,844,033 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 02:03 PM

Ways To Improve Your Study Habits And Recall Better - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ways To Improve Your Study Habits And Recall Better (22389 Views)

Top 34 Study Habits Of Highly Successful Students Today / How To Improve Your Study Life And Start Enjoying Reading Once Again / 4 Habits That Silently Kill You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ways To Improve Your Study Habits And Recall Better by calculator123(m): 11:06am On Jun 23, 2018
Man know thyself.Knowing what time of the day you assimilate more, knowing your concentration span etc helps you study smarter. Nice one OP.
Re: Ways To Improve Your Study Habits And Recall Better by musicwriter(m): 12:18pm On Jun 23, 2018
If you're a student, there's no special period that you're supposed to read your book. Read your book whether there's exam or not, whether the school is in session or on holiday, whether the school is open or on strike. Also read even what's not in your curriculum, read anything you can lay your hands on.

Education does not mean reading to pass exam, reading to pass exam is cramming. You are not reading to pass exam!. You read to know, to widen your mind.
Re: Ways To Improve Your Study Habits And Recall Better by meobizy(f): 12:31pm On Jun 23, 2018
ruffhandu:
studying is not easy, it requires hard work. Brain tasking is more difficult than manual labour, though mental work seems more relaxing physically, it is energy sapping.

Sheer laziness is the "witchcraft" that keep people off their books until it's getting late, this is also carried over to other areas of life.

One of my suggestions to self-studying is through video. Reading prints sometimes is more work. But when you watch videos of the subject matter (lots littered all over), albeit casually, and repeatedly, it eventually sinks. Your lazy part convinces you that you are having leisure, while in essence you are learning. Try this method and see the wonders.
This internet generation is so fortunate, I just pray many of them take advantage of the numerous resources available to them.
This skill works very well. Another is dicussion with others who've studied the subject matter. Watching videos will give you a baseline to hold in conversations with them. From there both of you gain extra knowledge because you'll mention something you saw which they didn't read and they'll mention something they read which you didn't see.
Re: Ways To Improve Your Study Habits And Recall Better by meobizy(f): 12:37pm On Jun 23, 2018
lamidebaby:
These are the kind of posts we need on front page not cleavage /braless/BBN inmate photoshoot/Davido/man dies on top sister-in-law/Tonto Dike steps out in Ankara bumshort crap. angry
Not really. Look at the amount of comments posted here compared to a Tonto Dikeh thread. Check the soccer threads, those contain the highest viewership and zero forms of trolling.

I only clicked this because I have a training of sorts to participate in next month. On a regular day nothing concern me with educational threads.
Re: Ways To Improve Your Study Habits And Recall Better by meobizy(f): 12:42pm On Jun 23, 2018
musicwriter:
If you're a student, there's no special period that you're supposed to read your book. Read your book whether there's exam or not, whether the school is in session or on holiday, whether the school is open or on strike. Also read even what's not in your curriculum, read anything you can lay your hands on.

Education does not mean reading to pass exam, reading to pass exam is cramming. You are not reading to pass exam!. You read to know, to widen your mind.
This is a skill I learned only in adulthood. Back in school a few people possessed this and they were always top of their class. In the real world they also have the best jobs available. They love knowledge like shege and I'm suspecting it is a practice imbibed in them by their parents.
Re: Ways To Improve Your Study Habits And Recall Better by musicwriter(m): 12:53pm On Jun 23, 2018
meobizy:

This is a skill I learned only in adulthood. Back in school only a few people possessed this and they were always top of their class. In the real world they also have the best jobs available. They love knowledge like shege and I'm suspecting it is a practice imbibed on them by their parents.

That's the secret. For those who are ready.
Re: Ways To Improve Your Study Habits And Recall Better by bfn1: 4:31pm On Jun 23, 2018
Good read! Thanks OP.
Re: Ways To Improve Your Study Habits And Recall Better by meobizy(f): 5:50pm On Jun 24, 2018
The thread has ended? Only two page views? Chai, nairaland! It's obvious members visit here only to entertain and never enlighten themselves.
Re: Ways To Improve Your Study Habits And Recall Better by kolad59: 6:58am On Aug 07, 2018

(1) (2) (Reply)

Six Types Of Students You Will Meet In Medical School. / COVID-19 variant: UNILAG closes campus indefinitely, lectures will be virtual / Meet Ibrahim Nuhu, ABU Zaria Overall Best Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.