Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,480 members, 7,819,752 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

21 Years I Didn't Learn Anything In The Catholic Church.now I Know My God. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 21 Years I Didn't Learn Anything In The Catholic Church.now I Know My God. (1400 Views)

Photo: Apc Church Now In Aba / Malawi President Joyce Banda In Tb Joshua's Church Now... / Deeper Christian Life Ministry Then, And Deeper Life Bible Church Now. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

21 Years I Didn't Learn Anything In The Catholic Church.now I Know My God. by Nobody: 8:13am On Jan 07, 2010
I think not all preachers have the communication skills to interpret what the bible really says to their listeners and they are bent on always discriminating.just 3 months after attending another denomination,i have learnt the basic bible teaching that gives us an incite on how we apply the word to our daily life and see the gain and i now understand that we could establish a personal relationship with the almighty.it was the best experience i had.knowing that u could talk 2 the lord and he answers u.
Re: 21 Years I Didn't Learn Anything In The Catholic Church.now I Know My God. by KunleOshob(m): 8:39am On Jan 07, 2010
Seems you still have a very fertile mind and you are young in the understanding of the faith. This is dangerous as you can be tossed up and down by various man made doctrines. I suggest you grab a copy of the bible [preferably a copy written in modern english like Amplified version for easier understanding] and study the new testament very well. Concentrate on the direct teachings of christ and digest it. Also the writings of the apostles are very enlightening. This way you would be able to give yourself a firm foundation in the christian faith. You can also learn from churches and pastors, but what you learn form them must be well grounded within the teachings of christ as exemplified in the bible.

Ephesians 4:14:

14 Then we will no longer be immature like children. We won’t be tossed and blown about by every wind of new teaching. We will not be influenced when people try to trick us with lies so clever they sound like the truth
Re: 21 Years I Didn't Learn Anything In The Catholic Church.now I Know My God. by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jan 07, 2010
@
It is really amazing you spent 21 YRS in the RCC without learning anything,considering the fact that the greatest theologians the world has known has been Roman catholics,men like St Augustine,St Thomas Aquinas just to mention a few.

Obviously you were looking forward to hear prosoerity preaching like "all of you will buy car this yr " and stuffs like that.

Sorry we don't have that in the catholic church
Re: 21 Years I Didn't Learn Anything In The Catholic Church.now I Know My God. by 49cents(m): 11:15pm On Jan 07, 2010
One thing in the Catholic church is that nobody is gonna chase after you to come for stuff that will build your faith it will always gonna be your personal choice; i have a very personal relationship with Jesus like i tell him everything and he answers more than when i call ma friends on phone you know all in the same Catholic church; then there is , gosh i can go on and on!
Am happy that you reading a bible at least!
Re: 21 Years I Didn't Learn Anything In The Catholic Church.now I Know My God. by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jan 10, 2010
Knowing Jesus is always a personal decision,no one is supposed to forced you to do it.

About reading the bible,while preaching are done in d church ,the actual bible reading at your private home is expected to be done by the christians themslves.
You don't expect catholic priests to start moving from house to house asking people to read their bible,all these are taught at mass,it is now left for the christian to decide himself.

I know catholics who know the bible far btter than the so-called bible christians,so the church is not to blame rather the blame should go to the christian who refuses to study the bible.
Re: 21 Years I Didn't Learn Anything In The Catholic Church.now I Know My God. by Rooneyboy(m): 3:17am On Jan 11, 2010
@ poster , u leaned nothing in the catholic church because u chose not to learn , please my brother do not go astray in where ever place u go to for the teachings of Christ.
Re: 21 Years I Didn't Learn Anything In The Catholic Church.now I Know My God. by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:07pm On Jan 11, 2010
dclokz:

I think not all preachers have the communication skills to interpret what the bible really says to their listeners and they are bent on always discriminating.just 3 months after attending another denomination,i have learnt the basic bible teaching that gives us an incite on how we apply the word to our daily life and see the gain and i now understand that we could establish a personal relationship with the almighty.it was the best experience i had.knowing that u could talk 2 the lord and he answers u.

I thank God for your life.  You are in the best position to distinguish between night and day, darkness and light, religion and personal relationship with the Almighty God.  The difference as you have experienced is clear.  May the good Lord illuminate your path daily as you walk with Him step by step.

A man with an experience is not at the mercy of the man with an argument.  God bless you.

Re: 21 Years I Didn't Learn Anything In The Catholic Church.now I Know My God. by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jan 11, 2010
I thank God for your life. You are in the best position to distinguish between night and day, darkness and light, religion and personal relationship with the Almighty God. The difference as you have experienced is clear. May the good Lord illuminate your path daily as you walk with Him step by step.

A man with an experience is not at the mercy of the man with an argument. God bless you

Oladegbu,what are u implying? is the holy spirit present in that ur criminal church where people easily twist the bible to steal money from their members?
Re: 21 Years I Didn't Learn Anything In The Catholic Church.now I Know My God. by KunleOshob(m): 8:23pm On Jan 11, 2010
chukwudi44:

Oladegbu,what are u implying? is the holy spirit present in that your criminal church where people easily twist the bible to steal money from their members?

grin grin grin
Re: 21 Years I Didn't Learn Anything In The Catholic Church.now I Know My God. by afiq(m): 3:50pm On Jan 12, 2010
21 years and you learned nothing? shocked

You can bring a horse to the river but you can't make him drink cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: 21 Years I Didn't Learn Anything In The Catholic Church.now I Know My God. by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:04am On Jan 13, 2010
chukwudi44:

Oladegbu,what are u implying? is the holy spirit present in that your criminal church where people easily twist the bible to steal money from their members?

KunleOshob:

grin grin grin

That cartoon shows the difference between religious people and those who have a living relationship with the Lord. The difference between Day and night is clear.
Re: 21 Years I Didn't Learn Anything In The Catholic Church.now I Know My God. by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:42pm On Jan 13, 2010
Is there another Christ?

Re: 21 Years I Didn't Learn Anything In The Catholic Church.now I Know My God. by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:59pm On Jan 13, 2010
Is there another Christ? (Continued).

Re: 21 Years I Didn't Learn Anything In The Catholic Church.now I Know My God. by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:24pm On Jan 13, 2010

Re: 21 Years I Didn't Learn Anything In The Catholic Church.now I Know My God. by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:48pm On Jan 13, 2010

Re: 21 Years I Didn't Learn Anything In The Catholic Church.now I Know My God. by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:57pm On Jan 13, 2010

Re: 21 Years I Didn't Learn Anything In The Catholic Church.now I Know My God. by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:03pm On Jan 13, 2010

Re: 21 Years I Didn't Learn Anything In The Catholic Church.now I Know My God. by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jan 15, 2010
Oladeegbu, so yopu ve turned to cartoons to save you.You go to a fellow lunatic in the person of the fool jack chick to save you.Jack chick and his organisation chick publications are internationalyy acknowleged lunatics .

for more of the lunatic see the links below

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Chick

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chick_Publications
Re: 21 Years I Didn't Learn Anything In The Catholic Church.now I Know My God. by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jan 15, 2010
@oladeegbu

I take it that u don't beleive in the eucharist ?I feel very sorry for you

Even the bible you claim to be the only authouritative word of God was compiled by this same "evil" Roman catholic church what an irony!!!
Re: 21 Years I Didn't Learn Anything In The Catholic Church.now I Know My God. by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jan 15, 2010
@#oLadeegbu.

The eucharist is not only being done in the roman catholic church but virtually in almost every christian denomianation in the world including some pentecostal denomination.To deny the eucharist would be to deny Jesus himself
Re: 21 Years I Didn't Learn Anything In The Catholic Church.now I Know My God. by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:12pm On Jan 16, 2010
Those cartoons definitely rattled a cage . . .

this saying that "when a shoe is thrown at a pack of dogs

the one that got hit, is the one that yelps
"
must be true
Re: 21 Years I Didn't Learn Anything In The Catholic Church.now I Know My God. by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:29pm On Feb 05, 2010
chukwudi44:

@#oLadeegbu.

The eucharist is not only being done in the roman catholic church but virtually in almost every christian denomianation in the world including some pentecostal denomination.To deny the eucharist would be to deny Jesus himself

The Lord's Supper is not the same as what you call the eucharist, those who follow your examples are those who have been led astray.  You may worship the eucharist but Jesus Christ is definitely not the eucharist.

Re: 21 Years I Didn't Learn Anything In The Catholic Church.now I Know My God. by Lady2(f): 7:03am On Feb 06, 2010
wow I see I've been gone for almost a year and ppl are still too foolish.

@ OP.

Why didn't u read the Bible as a Catholic?
Don't blame ur spiritual laziness on the Catholic Church.

@ Olaadegbu, I see ur still blind and touting ur own made up truth as the truth from God.

@ Chukwudi44

Those who are ignorant of history will be protestant, those who are knowledgeable are Catholics. To know what the early christians believed leads one to Catholicism.

@ OP.

Try finding out what the Church teaches in the first place.

I can also easily test to see whether u were truly Catholic in the first place.

Ahh, it's good to be back
Re: 21 Years I Didn't Learn Anything In The Catholic Church.now I Know My God. by Chuksaluta(m): 7:13am On Feb 06, 2010
21yrs!!! Guy u dull.
Re: 21 Years I Didn't Learn Anything In The Catholic Church.now I Know My God. by 49cents(m): 1:41pm On Feb 06, 2010
Hello Lady welcome back i have really missed your beautiful and informed posts, i have read and followed you in the threads where you posts; could sense your heartfelt emotions of trying to respond to pple like bobbylaff and Davdlyan;i know it is quite tiring when people refuse to be rational in their arguments; I suspected you fled NL for a lack of quality dialogue and you just confirmed it.
I would like for us to be in commuinication with you besides NL since you're hardly here; I LEFT MY CONTACT on the last thread you posted about the Holy Father having a broken wrist: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-297979.0.html
Re: 21 Years I Didn't Learn Anything In The Catholic Church.now I Know My God. by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:22am On Feb 08, 2010
~Lady~:

wow I see I've been gone for almost a year and ppl are still too foolish.

@ OP.

Why didn't u read the Bible as a Catholic?
Don't blame your spiritual laziness on the Catholic Church.

@ Olaadegbu, I see your still blind and touting your own made up truth as the truth from God.

Glad to see that you are back. I knew posts like this are likely to draw you out of your hibernation. Both of us can't be blind at the same simouteanously, it is either you or me is blind and it only take the seeing one to lead the other away from the ditch. Listen to the testimony of a former occultist and witch and learn what he says about the RCC amongst others.

John Todd's Testimony Part 3

[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDK1Bnbd1eI&border=1&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_GB&feature=player_embedded&fs=1[/flash]

(1) (Reply)

Happy New Year To All Muslims In Da House. Today Is 1st Muharram 1432ah / In The Name Of Jesus, Your Gun Won’t Fire. / The Endtime Is Nearer Than You Think - Are You Saved

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.