Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,757 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:42 PM

"I Have Had One Wristwatch In 17 Years" - Peter Obi - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "I Have Had One Wristwatch In 17 Years" - Peter Obi (26646 Views)

Nigeria Is Finished If Buhari Remains For Another 4 Years - Peter Obi / FLASHBACK: Did Peter Obi Lie About Owning One Wristwatch? Featured News / "I Have Had One Wristwatch In 17 Years" - Peter Obi Lies Again (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I Have Had One Wristwatch In 17 Years" - Peter Obi by hisgrace090: 4:44pm On May 01, 2017
Peter obi a billionaire with too simple lifestyle.

1 Like

Re: "I Have Had One Wristwatch In 17 Years" - Peter Obi by blackboy(m): 4:45pm On May 01, 2017
Mr Agboola Odunfa pls come and read this.
Re: "I Have Had One Wristwatch In 17 Years" - Peter Obi by Nobody: 4:45pm On May 01, 2017
kingsmecca:
And the chain of the said Wristwatch is worth 17million Naira. Well-done Sir!!!

If you didn't borrow 100naira to buy airtime to type this rubbish, i wont believe poverty​ is real sad

Try to be matured, jxt a little bit!!
Re: "I Have Had One Wristwatch In 17 Years" - Peter Obi by guychidile: 4:47pm On May 01, 2017
I keep saying it,let the world hear my voice,I live this man,full of wisdom.,this is the type of men we need in our political circle for upwards development.we don't need dullards or nuts...,may God bless all our leaders.

4 Likes

Re: "I Have Had One Wristwatch In 17 Years" - Peter Obi by danot1030: 4:48pm On May 01, 2017
koning:

"The only place I have a house officially built is Onitsha, if you see any house in Lagos, Abuja or anywhere else belonging to Peter Obi, confiscate it. I lease that place for my wife and children.”

Olodo, next time wear your glasses when you read. The apartment is on lease.

To lease an apartment for #250m and to build which is more economical?

Guy let's stop falling for the gimmicks of this politicians, our mumu don do.

1 Like

Re: "I Have Had One Wristwatch In 17 Years" - Peter Obi by kuchikau: 4:49pm On May 01, 2017
...........Let me use dis opportunity to advise guys who foolishily follow/live their lives to please girls. U are on ur way to your early grave.
See the way nairalanders adores some stupid girls here makes me go gaga. I dont really undastand whats so special about their toto or nyash or breast.
It takes only a woman to bring a very strong man to his knees.
For Gods sake why do men follow women about like sheep with direction.
A gal dat mensturates evry 28days, wets her dirty smelling pants, yet u behave like an idiot before her. Wetin they hungry u for her stupid body?
ThankGod for my kind of friends.
Re: "I Have Had One Wristwatch In 17 Years" - Peter Obi by omobabaonibaba(m): 4:51pm On May 01, 2017
he has only one watch and so bleeping what? I ve just one jean thru out my university, no watch for 20yrs and one rubber shoe thru out

what's his excuses

nonsense sympathetic talk that made GEJ and PMB to scammed Nigerian. political talk talk

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "I Have Had One Wristwatch In 17 Years" - Peter Obi by Nobody: 4:51pm On May 01, 2017
Partnerbiz:
This guy too dey form saint.

Nonsense

He is the real saint Obi not the one you see in nollywood movies.

Btw I'll like to buy that watch off him for N50,000. He can get a brand new one and we will see if that will last up to five years.

He also has two pair of shoes because his feet rarely touch rough pathways. If he walks and treks like most people, those Marks and Spencer wouldn't last up to six months.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Have Had One Wristwatch In 17 Years" - Peter Obi by donborg(m): 4:52pm On May 01, 2017
AbuEzeFemi:

http://sunnewsonline.com/ive-had-only-one-wristwatch-for-17-years-ex-gov-peter-obi/
any president\governor that did not steal money in office shall go to heaven. there is no greater temptation to steal public money in those offices especially when you consider that alibi in the constitution called immunity clause.
Re: "I Have Had One Wristwatch In 17 Years" - Peter Obi by HqBoss: 4:53pm On May 01, 2017
people who can tell sweet stories are the most dubious set of humans

2 Likes

Re: "I Have Had One Wristwatch In 17 Years" - Peter Obi by watchindelta(m): 4:55pm On May 01, 2017
n dem angry
Re: "I Have Had One Wristwatch In 17 Years" - Peter Obi by efemena24(m): 4:56pm On May 01, 2017
Partnerbiz:
This guy too dey form saint.

Nonsense
hehehe, na the guy supposed to be the real Saint Obi(Nigerian actor)

1 Like

Re: "I Have Had One Wristwatch In 17 Years" - Peter Obi by munas: 4:57pm On May 01, 2017
abdulrazat:
i am learning a lot from this man daily. simplicity is the key to finding inner peace, believe it or not. When you're not inclined to a life of too much luxury, you worry less on things that are not important.

The peter Obi i know from his days in festac town is a man that is not extravagant.
A very conservative felow and a good business man
Re: "I Have Had One Wristwatch In 17 Years" - Peter Obi by dapiluv: 4:57pm On May 01, 2017
Your conscience will judge sir.
Wait a minute,how does it concerns me.
Re: "I Have Had One Wristwatch In 17 Years" - Peter Obi by Iamzik: 4:57pm On May 01, 2017
mu2sa2:
This guy is playing smart. Ok mr clean, you have had the same wristwatch for 17 years, but you have the money to buy/rent such an expensive flat and leave it empty! Even the wristwatch you are taunting, how much did you pay for it? Anyway, good luck as you kick start your campaign ahead of 2019.

I guess you are very surprised that it's possible to be in government and live a modest lifestyle.

Nothing wrong with buying one durable wristwatch that you can use for many years. I do thesame and it's cost effective on the long run. He's a sharp contrast from others who use money stolen from public purse to buy golden wristwatches they many never wear in years.

Bottom line is that the personal lifestyle of the leader says a lot to the followers and being modest reduces the pressure to accumulate unnecessary wealth. I'm still waiting for any of the past governors that can come out openly and render his account of stewardship in public with facts and figures. Until then Obi has my respect.

This idea of castigating everything good or bad is wrong. They steal, we condemn. They don't steal we condemn. What do we really want in a leader. The man is exposing all the loopholes government officials use to siphons public funds. Have you heard any of these from your past Governors?

For the few leaders who are striving to lead right, the best we can do is encourage while we continually hold them accountable.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Have Had One Wristwatch In 17 Years" - Peter Obi by koning: 4:58pm On May 01, 2017
danot1030:

To lease an apartment for #250m and to build which is more economical?

Guy let's stop falling for the gimmicks of this politicians, our mumu don do.

You guys are just dropping figures as if you were there when the lease agreement was signed. Obi, as an astute economist and businessman will never lease an apartment for N250m. He would rather build one in Lagos with that amount.
I know Osborn rd Ikoyi. That apartment can never cost that much. It's a block of flats for Christ sake.
Re: "I Have Had One Wristwatch In 17 Years" - Peter Obi by ibiboatais(m): 4:59pm On May 01, 2017
Can anyone tell me how does this affect us or any common Nigerian out there. Why can't this criminals just wait until they are called to join their ancestors,rather than going around looking for the available Thunder.
Re: "I Have Had One Wristwatch In 17 Years" - Peter Obi by noyen(m): 5:00pm On May 01, 2017
dem don come again......sympathy vote.... 2018/2019 loading
Re: "I Have Had One Wristwatch In 17 Years" - Peter Obi by KingsJohnson(m): 5:00pm On May 01, 2017
Peter Obi Lai Mohammed Jnr grin grin grin grin

Sorry we Nigerians are no longer gullible lyk before, APC has opened our eyes

1 Like

Re: "I Have Had One Wristwatch In 17 Years" - Peter Obi by ebenholer(m): 5:00pm On May 01, 2017
That's not new, Mr Peter say sth hence. Wristwatches are wants, they are not needs that are necessary for living.

1 Like

Re: "I Have Had One Wristwatch In 17 Years" - Peter Obi by ibiboatais(m): 5:01pm On May 01, 2017
prof1990:
I like this man. Forget tribe or religion or Party.... He is very intelligent. No politician is holy.....he speaks with so much intelligence which we lack in this country

Intelligence then is to know when to lie,how to lie and for whom to lie.
Re: "I Have Had One Wristwatch In 17 Years" - Peter Obi by Nnadijeff3: 5:02pm On May 01, 2017
prof1990:
I like this man. Forget tribe or religion or Party.... He is very intelligent. No politician is holy.....he speaks with so much intelligence which we lack in this country
Nigeria need his type as president.
Re: "I Have Had One Wristwatch In 17 Years" - Peter Obi by kevoh(m): 5:05pm On May 01, 2017
So out of the many intelligent things this ex governor said at that platform which had Madam Minister of finance in attendance too, it's the one about wrist watch and two shoes we have chosen to debate. Man, I give up! undecided undecided
Re: "I Have Had One Wristwatch In 17 Years" - Peter Obi by Abusadeeq01: 5:05pm On May 01, 2017
hmmmmm

1 Like

Re: "I Have Had One Wristwatch In 17 Years" - Peter Obi by Goke7: 5:08pm On May 01, 2017
HqBoss:
people who can tell sweet stories are the most dubious set of humans

grin chai, you wicked o
Re: "I Have Had One Wristwatch In 17 Years" - Peter Obi by Olive4(f): 5:08pm On May 01, 2017
Vry smart man
Re: "I Have Had One Wristwatch In 17 Years" - Peter Obi by wedeonline(m): 5:09pm On May 01, 2017
SalamRushdie:
But he bought a 3 bedroom apartment in Osborne for 250m naira

Leased!! Learn to read, he leased it for his wife and kids..
Re: "I Have Had One Wristwatch In 17 Years" - Peter Obi by danot1030: 5:10pm On May 01, 2017
koning:

You guys are just dropping figures as if you were there when the lease agreement was signed. Obi, as an astute economist and businessman will never lease an apartment for N250m. He would rather build one in Lagos with that amount.
I know Osborn rd Ikoyi. That apartment can never cost that much. It's a block of flats for Christ sake.

My brother the truth is Obi would have been one politician i respect having followed his government in Anambra state for eight years, but my worry is how can a man of integrity like that descend low to support the re-election of a super corrupt individual like Jonathan.

See i believe in the principle of birds of the same feathers flocks together, or show me your friend and i will tell you who you are.

He will stand out as one of the credible candidates among the Igbos for presidency, i just pray that people will not use his romance with Jonathan to judge him.

1 Like

Re: "I Have Had One Wristwatch In 17 Years" - Peter Obi by Nobody: 5:14pm On May 01, 2017
You lie pass my grandpapa wey de talk sa na only one cloth im get and na im uncle give am but till today ah never see dah cloth grin

1 Like

Re: "I Have Had One Wristwatch In 17 Years" - Peter Obi by donhils: 5:15pm On May 01, 2017
Good for you.
Re: "I Have Had One Wristwatch In 17 Years" - Peter Obi by AntiWailer: 5:26pm On May 01, 2017
The youth is so corroded that they dnt like hearing some one say that he is not corrupt.

PDP already sold We are all corrupt phrase to them.

If some one is bold to say he is not corrupt.

Why not wait for proofs of corruption.
Re: "I Have Had One Wristwatch In 17 Years" - Peter Obi by Fhowe: 5:27pm On May 01, 2017
Shut up oga cheap popularity people like this man lavish 100 of millions on chics I know your type sir eru owo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2019: Amaechi, Other Rivers APC Leaders Adopt Sahara Oil Boss Tonye Cole For Gov / Army & Police Neutralize IPOB/ESN Combatants In Abia & Enugu (Photos) / FACT CHECK: Did Atiku Hire US Lobbyists To Get Him Recognised As President?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.