Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,625 members, 7,823,750 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

The Bitter Truth About Nigeria Police Expecially SARS - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / The Bitter Truth About Nigeria Police Expecially SARS (986 Views)

Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu / Drunk Nigeria Police Officer Lying On The Floor / The Truth About Yahoo Boys Using The Panties Of Ladies For Rituals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Bitter Truth About Nigeria Police Expecially SARS by Gpdwise(m): 6:27pm On May 01, 2017
Am sure it is no longer news that the nigeria police is not your friend.
I thought the Nigeria constitution makes it illegal for you to be in police cell more than 48hrs without being charged to court but this is not the reality.
Police IPO this days determine your bail and case.
I have a neighbour who has been in SARS detention for two weeks now for just a simple security matter and the fact is that the IPO in charge has been stressing on lot of money will be needed!! What i dont understand is what money!!! as if that is not enough each time they send him meal they have to give which ever officer on the desk #1200 before they are allowed to give food to this particular young man. This is how a friend treats a friend
I watched today as two SARS operative arrested an innocent young boy below the age of 18! What was his crime he was playing AYO with another young boy who ran when he saw the SARS operatives coming because there where men smooking dope around him who also ran.
So this innocent being of clear mind and concesience just sat on his sit only for this two operative to handcuff him and started beating him up as a criminal. Right now that boy is still in upolice station an underage when did we become this desperate
Re: The Bitter Truth About Nigeria Police Expecially SARS by OGsteven(m): 7:51pm On May 01, 2017
For real right now in Nigeria SARS forces are stronger than govt and even court.if you are fresh young and clean,they will arrest you for yahoo..If you look too rough they will say u must be a pickpocket.. It is getting too much...You cant just dress out the way u like now..u must dress with how u think SARS won't arrest u...just too bad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Bitter Truth About Nigeria Police Expecially SARS by YungJo207(m): 8:20pm On May 01, 2017
I think the SARS would really get to oga Ambo himself and he should address the matter fast, the matter don dey turn another thing.
Re: The Bitter Truth About Nigeria Police Expecially SARS by Isiri: 9:08pm On May 01, 2017
let protest against this people. have said it many times here.
Re: The Bitter Truth About Nigeria Police Expecially SARS by Gpdwise(m): 9:22pm On May 01, 2017
It is just madness!!! When abuse of power is just the order of the day. If u stay along water front in PH u will understand what am saying!!! Can somebody pls explain to me why police will raid a particular place three times and each with a different squad to arrest some senior men smoking without arresting the seller of the product
Re: The Bitter Truth About Nigeria Police Expecially SARS by Gpdwise(m): 9:25pm On May 01, 2017
Isiri:
let protest against this people. have said it many times here.
Its like ipob protest and loss of life from such process. I just wonder a means where Nigerians can air there grievances on this matter imagine bail of #30k!!
Re: The Bitter Truth About Nigeria Police Expecially SARS by dangwarmai(m): 7:46am On May 02, 2017
Another problem with Nigerians is that they must judge. Whoever you see judging Police has no single family representative in the police to correct the perceived anomalies. You don't even know what ordinary Nigeria police officer passes through.
Re: The Bitter Truth About Nigeria Police Expecially SARS by pacino26(m): 12:44pm On May 02, 2017
dangwarmai:
Another problem with Nigerians is that they must judge. Whoever you see judging Police has no single family representative in the police to correct the perceived anomalies. You don't even know what ordinary Nigeria police officer passes through.

You're COMPLETELY WRONG! I've family members in the NPF and I know what they pass through. As for SARS, the evil perpetuated by operatives in the unit is thrice what it used to be with the SURVEILLANCE SQUADS. SARS is filled with lots of evil young and old men. A close SARS commander is living in isolation today in his office because he stopped their sharp practices in the state command. The general saying is "The new commander no de let us act"

My brother, out of 100, 99 of them SARS awe bad, that 1 person I exempted is the commander I wrote about in this post. FYI, he's still serving.
Re: The Bitter Truth About Nigeria Police Expecially SARS by hedonistic: 7:18pm On May 02, 2017
pacino26:

You're COMPLETELY WRONG! I've family members in the NPF and I know what they pass through. As for SARS, the evil perpetuated by operatives in the unit is thrice what it used to be with the SURVEILLANCE SQUADS. SARS is filled with lots of evil young and old men. A close SARS commander is living in isolation today in his office because he stopped their sharp practices in the state command. The general saying is "The new commander no de let us act"

My brother, out of 100, 99 of them SARS awe bad, that 1 person I exempted is the commander I wrote about in this post. FYI, he's still serving.

Is Abba Kyari aware of this nonsense?
Re: The Bitter Truth About Nigeria Police Expecially SARS by Shelloween(m): 11:37pm On May 02, 2017
SARS no be here.

(1) (Reply)

OJ Simpson Spotted For First Time Playing Golf Since His Release / Unknown Gunmen Kill Over 28 Persons In Egbeda, Rivers State / PHOTOS: Councillor Flogs 70-year Old For Stealing Food

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.