Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,158 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:00 PM

Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu (54868 Views)

EFCC Arrests Yahoo Soldier And 26 Others For Internet Fraud In Lagos (Photos) / Bouncer Kicks Soldier And His Girlfriend Out Of A Nightclub For Smoking Cannabis / Soldier And A Policeman Fight In Ijora, Lagos - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu by Newsblenda(m): 12:43pm On Dec 14, 2019
Nigerian soldier has taken to twitter to narrates his terrible encounter with men of special anti robbery squad (SARS).

According to the gallant soldier whose twitter Account name is Enimem, he is among the Nigerian soldier currently fighting the Boko Haram insurgency in the North East, but was on pass to travel down to meet see his family.

According him the commercial vehicle he boarded in Enugu was intercepted by the Operatives of SARS.

READ FULL POST BELOW:

SARS is the most unprofessional team of the Nigerian police.

Here's my experience as a Nigerian Soldier.
Earlier this year the commercial bus I boarded in Enugu along 9th mile area was stopped by SARS operatives mounting an illegal check point.

They requested money from the driver and the guy said he's just starting business, I was on civil dress because I'm on pass, the operatives ordered everyone to come down, they started searching people's phone, I went up to the one that's supposed to be their boss.

I went up to their boss & identified myself as a soldier on pass from north East, he said "And So?", I went further & said I'm in a hurry that he should please release Dis driver, he got upset and threatened to Shot me, he said he'll frame me that I wanted to disarm him.

I was shocked how things escalated so fast, I was calm down, he said I shouldn't tell him anything that he's in his duty post and I don't have any right to tell him anything. I could see his rifle was already cocked and his Safety catch was on Rapid.

His boys was already dishing out unsolicited slaps to the young man I was sitting Close to, he was on full beards, with the hand band he wore I think he's a student of ESUT.
I Was really hurt for many reasons.

I can't spend 1 and half year in maiduguri in good health only to come home on pass and be shot by a reckless police man,I was hurt because I can't imagine risking my life in the North East protecting my country only for my own family to be harassed in this manner.

The Operatives didn't talk to me or request for my phone. I was there still trying to solicit for the passengers but the oga was playing God,I became really angry and called my colleague on patrol along that NSUKKA road,

When their boss saw u was really upset and I've started making calls he ordered his boys to return the car key to the driver, in some minutes I could sight the army patrol hilux heading through my direction, immediately the SARS boss ordered his men to enter their Bus.

They sped off, plying the STAR BREWERY route and went straight to EKE, my colleagues got there and I explained what happened and they promised to get them.

I have been on duty even in maiduguri with MOPOLS and they've never acted in such a reckless manner #EndSARS

Source: https://mobile.twitter.com/007Soja/status/1205716893274984448

109 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu by tooth4tooth: 1:08pm On Dec 14, 2019
Assassins cum legal armed robbers undecided

270 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu by Hoodbilonia: 1:11pm On Dec 14, 2019
Why didnt they wa8 na
I for see action packed drama between useless sars and almighty sojo

94 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu by Newsblenda(m): 1:12pm On Dec 14, 2019
grin grin

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu by Nobody: 1:25pm On Dec 14, 2019
Sorry bro na so dem dey.... Personally, I've seen their ugly side...One early morning on our way to work,I was with a colleague that lives on same street with me in my car.It was around 8am that morning by then traffic was building up when a white Hilux drove recklessly and almost hit my car at the back.My colleague,who wasn't aware it was SARS shouted to the driver harmlessly as they drove by "u dey alright?abi u dey learn how to drive?!" Only for them to double cross us and block my car from moving with their Hilux.It was not until I saw SARS written on the back of their bullet proof vests that I realized it was them coz they were on muffi.
One came out asked my colleague what he said accompanied with a dirty slap then blows through the windows.Then he tried to open the doors but then I quickly used the central lock..My friend became mute coz we were just as surprised as onlookers..He then looked at me but I was calm and quiet all through.He cocked his riffle pointed it at me, luckily for us one of them in the front of the Hilux called him to order and told him to leave us and enter let them go.
They were oozing of Igbo and alcohol that very morning.I was really speechless with my friend bleeding from his nose and month due to the blows he had received.
"Ona get luck,Ona for see onaselves today" These were his words as they sped off.
#EndSARS.

300 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu by helinues: 1:59pm On Dec 14, 2019
grin

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu by Nobody: 2:18pm On Dec 14, 2019
someone would go to a showroom to buy a fridge of #150,000 for #30,000.He gets home and start complaining that the fridge shocks him. idiot,when you were buying the fridge did the price not shock you?

172 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu by Racoon(m): 2:21pm On Dec 14, 2019
Same thing during the days of the jackboots military regime.So Nigeria has always been a hellhole from antiquity.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu by StarUp: 5:50pm On Dec 14, 2019
See the way I dey vex like say na me be the soldier... sad

78 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu by solmusdesigns: 5:50pm On Dec 14, 2019
grin
Re: Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu by Nobody: 5:52pm On Dec 14, 2019
Newsblenda:
Nigerian soldier has taken to twitter to narrates his terrible encounter with men of special anti robbery squad (SARS).

According to the gallant soldier whose twitter Account name is Enimem, he is among the Nigerian soldier currently fighting the Boko Haram insurgency in the North East, but was on pass to travel down to meet see his family.

According him the commercial vehicle he boarded in Enugu was intercepted by the Operatives of SARS.

READ FULL POST BELOW:

Source: https://mobile.twitter.com/007Soja/status/1205716893274984448
@the bolded,,,,,,

They would start praising him because he mentioned what suits them.

If you know, you know.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu by EXLOVER(m): 5:52pm On Dec 14, 2019
They can pass hate speech bill,, but are keeping mute to EndSars.

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu by chinavs9ja(m): 5:52pm On Dec 14, 2019
cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu by chukwuibuipob: 5:53pm On Dec 14, 2019
sad Baztards sad wink grin grin grin.Why dey nor wait undecided ?.Soldiers supposed pursue those thieves and release em on dem all angry wink angry angry thieves

1 Like

Re: Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu by StarUp: 5:54pm On Dec 14, 2019
cool
Re: Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu by apesinola001: 5:55pm On Dec 14, 2019
Nigeria jagajaga, everything scarter scarter, poor man dey suffer suffer

15 Likes

Re: Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu by ogorwyne(f): 5:55pm On Dec 14, 2019
Those police guys are really awful. The only reason this soldier is pissed is because he wasn't in charge. They are all the same on that road.

70 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu by oz4real83(m): 5:55pm On Dec 14, 2019
Just check how Nigerians react anytime a police officer or SARS dies. Some Nigerians celebrate while others express indifference. It isn't because Nigerians are wicked but as a result of one or two sad experience in the hands of these evil men. The govt has a lot of work to do in the police force to rebuild trust from the people. Most Nigerians view a Nigerian police force with distrust, even family members of police officers.

55 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu by Nobody: 5:56pm On Dec 14, 2019

52 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu by Conceptman: 5:56pm On Dec 14, 2019
Sars has done alot of harm, I just wonder why the government has refused to do anything on dis Sars issue

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu by Frankicent(m): 5:57pm On Dec 14, 2019
favoryte33:
someone would go to a showroom to buy a fridge of #150,000 for #30,000.He gets home and start complaining that the fridge shocks him. idiot,when you were buying the fridge did the price not shock you?

No funny

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu by CodeBlooded: 5:57pm On Dec 14, 2019
Well, this is what we face everyday. Can life get any difficult for a young programmer that owns an Apple laptop and apple phone. They will tell you straight that you are a yahoo boy. And you must pay them to gain your freedom back.

One day I will leave this Zoo. I’m no Messiah to redeem this nation. I’m a young man seeking for a better life.

91 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu by Frankicent(m): 5:57pm On Dec 14, 2019
nawa oo
Re: Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu by NELLY1990: 5:57pm On Dec 14, 2019
But what is actually wrong with this country? It it the leaders or the patriots?
Re: Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu by chinchonglee(m): 5:58pm On Dec 14, 2019
Nonsense
Re: Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu by hidhrhis(m): 5:59pm On Dec 14, 2019
i think it is high time they end sars
i went out on wednesday night to watch champions league match not knowing i was going to experience the worst experience of my life
when the match reached 84 minutes 8 sars officers entered the viewing centre locked the door and started beating everyone that we were watching ball late hour the next thing they chained us all loaded us in their hilux and camry
when we got to their station our phone was collected and our shoes and we were locked up in a cell which has 6 inmate (5armed robbers and a murderer)
we spent close to 14 hours in their we were not allowed to call our family members until 9 am
i was released after paying 6 thousand some paid 20 thousand,14000,10000 depending on how good u are in negotiation and the appearance of who came to bail you out

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu by nasirujj(m): 6:00pm On Dec 14, 2019
I need to wear military uniform even because this type of intimidation
Re: Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu by bentlywills(m): 6:00pm On Dec 14, 2019
This Xmas God should save us from those beast

1 Like

Re: Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu by Lilshorecords(m): 6:00pm On Dec 14, 2019
I fear them pass anything. I'm a yahoo boy! They have once tear me adorable slap

6 Likes

Re: Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu by fazall: 6:00pm On Dec 14, 2019
typical
Re: Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu by Bluehill1051: 6:01pm On Dec 14, 2019
Emi o mo SARS o. Sars ti emi mo ni SarsOnTheBeat tongue

1 Like

Re: Off-Duty Soldier And His Bitter Encounter With SARS In Enugu by chukwuibuipob: 6:01pm On Dec 14, 2019
cool thieves! Why not wait wink grin grin grin cheesy grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2 Nigerians Fight Over Girls In Malaysia, One In Coma (Graphic Pics) / Man Kills His Girlfriend And Dumps Her Body At Her Other Boyfriend's Place / The 2 Priests And 15 Others Killed By Fulani Herdsmen In Benue (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.