Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,896 members, 7,817,642 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

Stadium And Street To Be Named After Anthony Joshua In Nigeria - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Stadium And Street To Be Named After Anthony Joshua In Nigeria (32166 Views)

Paris, Tyson Fury's Wife Begs Him To Quit Boxing After Anthony Joshua Fight / Andy Ruiz Jr Agrees To Fight Anthony Joshua In Saudi Arabia Rematch / How Daily Mail Reported About Anthony Joshua In 2012 And In 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stadium And Street To Be Named After Anthony Joshua In Nigeria by Humility017(m): 10:36pm On May 01, 2017
RoyalBoutique:
I have nothing to say except blame people that voted these people to represent them.

These old men no dey shame at all

undecided

it is better to live in street named after Anthony Joshua than live in a street...named after Nigerian politician...
I watched his interview recently where he spoke Yoruba...
I was so touched to hear his plans for his motherland... how he intend to contribute to lives back home...
I bet..None of our politicians have such plans rather than to loot the country empty...
the guy deserve an heroic reception
Re: Stadium And Street To Be Named After Anthony Joshua In Nigeria by Benekruku(m): 10:37pm On May 01, 2017
I just hope they wont go and name a slum in the Eastern part of Nigeria after him!

2 Likes

Re: Stadium And Street To Be Named After Anthony Joshua In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:41pm On May 01, 2017
USELESS nation
Re: Stadium And Street To Be Named After Anthony Joshua In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:41pm On May 01, 2017
eluquenson:
That's a good idea, we have to be proud of our son for his success, at least we are cool with this for now unlike our (jewish)brothers that always bring shame to country grin

I regret the day your father bleeped your mum
Re: Stadium And Street To Be Named After Anthony Joshua In Nigeria by YonkijiSappo: 10:45pm On May 01, 2017
Not Anthony Joshua stadium pls.

Oluwafemi Anthony or Oluwafemi Joshua stadium and road sound far better.
Thank you OGSG.

4 Likes

Re: Stadium And Street To Be Named After Anthony Joshua In Nigeria by DexteryJoe(m): 10:48pm On May 01, 2017
I rilly need to leave Nigeria and go get popular elsewhere, afta that, am sure d Nigerian government wld even change d name "Nigeria" to my name
Re: Stadium And Street To Be Named After Anthony Joshua In Nigeria by Kobicove(m): 10:49pm On May 01, 2017
What's the rationale for this?

The guy has never even been to Nigeria before... undecided
Re: Stadium And Street To Be Named After Anthony Joshua In Nigeria by thebadmus(m): 10:54pm On May 01, 2017
ymee:

Who no like better thing even Nigeria

Please I'm seriously in need of a job(part-time or fulltime) , being jobless for a while. thanks
Bsc mat/comp.sci 2.1
Contact me for...your any of these
SERVICES
1. Desktop-publishing
2. Web designing
3. Online registration
4. Corporate training
5. Software Training
6. Graphics designing
7. systems repair, installation and troubleshootingg etc
babs4realscience@yahoo.com
after possess all this skill yu are still searching for job... Or who to scam
Re: Stadium And Street To Be Named After Anthony Joshua In Nigeria by MutantMetahuman: 10:54pm On May 01, 2017
profmiganigal:
that would be yorubaland....nt biafraland
why would it be biafuro before?

1 Like

Re: Stadium And Street To Be Named After Anthony Joshua In Nigeria by sukkot: 10:55pm On May 01, 2017
Kobicove:

The guy has never even been to Nigeria before ... undecided
Joshua was born in Watford to a Nigerian mother and a British father of Nigerian and Irish descent.[6][7] His cousin is fellow unbeaten professional boxer Ben lleyemi. The pair made their professional debuts together in 2013.[8]

Joshua grew up for some of his early years in Nigeria and returned to the UK halfway through Year Seven to join Kings Langley Secondary School. Growing up on the Meriden Estate in Garston, Hertfordshire, Joshua was called 'Femi' by his friends and former teachers, due to his middle name 'Oluwafemi'. He excelled at football and athletics and broke the Year Nine 100m record with a time of 11.6 seconds.[9][10][11]

5 Likes

Re: Stadium And Street To Be Named After Anthony Joshua In Nigeria by guiddoti: 10:56pm On May 01, 2017
Eye service
Re: Stadium And Street To Be Named After Anthony Joshua In Nigeria by GuntersChain(m): 10:59pm On May 01, 2017
Hm quite hilarious, what was your contribution to his success. Every tom dick and Harry wants to tag along with Joshua's success. Hypocrites.
Re: Stadium And Street To Be Named After Anthony Joshua In Nigeria by bakynes(m): 11:02pm On May 01, 2017
Kobicove:

He was born in Watford, England and lived his early years in Nigeria before he was taken back to England.
Re: Stadium And Street To Be Named After Anthony Joshua In Nigeria by Nigeriadondie: 11:11pm On May 01, 2017

1 Like

Re: Stadium And Street To Be Named After Anthony Joshua In Nigeria by SalamRushdie: 11:15pm On May 01, 2017
Humility017:
nice one
I like this move...better to have a street and a stadium named after a sport personality that has brought recognition to the country than name it after politicians.....whose only achievements is to keep milking the country dry

He fought as a British boxer so how did he bring recognition to Nigeria ..Nigeria is just famzin in this case
Re: Stadium And Street To Be Named After Anthony Joshua In Nigeria by omofunaab(m): 11:15pm On May 01, 2017
God bless Ogun state
God bless Yoruba nation.

Awa ni baba
Re: Stadium And Street To Be Named After Anthony Joshua In Nigeria by ayetroy(m): 11:16pm On May 01, 2017
suddenly they know he exists?
Re: Stadium And Street To Be Named After Anthony Joshua In Nigeria by goshen26: 11:18pm On May 01, 2017
profmiganigal:
that would be yorubaland....nt biafraland

Yes, I know it can't be in Biafra, cos such strude does not earn the title/reward in Biafra, only money can earn that in ur land, give one Maxi okorocha money the whole community will be named after him..
Re: Stadium And Street To Be Named After Anthony Joshua In Nigeria by mekstaniac(m): 11:19pm On May 01, 2017
They honour who they rejected cos he's now famous. Dumb mofos
Re: Stadium And Street To Be Named After Anthony Joshua In Nigeria by ziga: 11:20pm On May 01, 2017
How many have they named after Rashidi yekini, Stephen Keshi or Amodu shuaibu.

These are Nigerian sportsmen.

Did they even pay them their worth?

Nigeria is a funny country.

If all the money that has been invested by Nigeria and Nigerians in the EPL over these years has been invested in NPFL and our sports sector, we will be making money from sports.

The same people will soon be screamin "buy Nigerian"

3 Likes

Re: Stadium And Street To Be Named After Anthony Joshua In Nigeria by slurryeye2: 11:23pm On May 01, 2017
His origin in Nigeria has been put to rest. The guy's origin is Sagamu Ogun state. Case close

Sagamu codedly producing people putting Nigeria positive image on the world map. Just like AJ, they also produce Ogunlesi. The man that owns Gatwick airport

3 Likes

Re: Stadium And Street To Be Named After Anthony Joshua In Nigeria by saintfieldcastro: 11:32pm On May 01, 2017
The Guy's mum is a Nigerian precisely Yoruba while the Father has Irish/Nigerian background
Re: Stadium And Street To Be Named After Anthony Joshua In Nigeria by shegsrules(m): 11:34pm On May 01, 2017
So funny this guy did 18:0 in boxing no recognition but with him winning the Ukrainian his story has catapulted so well.
Re: Stadium And Street To Be Named After Anthony Joshua In Nigeria by slurryeye2: 11:40pm On May 01, 2017
saintfieldcastro:
The Guy's mum is a Nigerian precisely Yoruba while the Father has Irish/Nigerian background

His father's Nigerian side is also Yoruba, precisely from Sagamu

2 Likes

Re: Stadium And Street To Be Named After Anthony Joshua In Nigeria by 9jasave: 11:41pm On May 01, 2017
Ezechinwa:

I regret the day your father bleeped your mum
Na lie?
Re: Stadium And Street To Be Named After Anthony Joshua In Nigeria by 9jasave: 11:49pm On May 01, 2017
Re: Stadium And Street To Be Named After Anthony Joshua In Nigeria by Livefreeordieha(m): 11:54pm On May 01, 2017
mctifey:

After defeating Ukrainian Wladimir Klitschko, Anthony Joshua is set to be honoured by the Ogun State government, the state where his parents hail from in Nigeria.

Majority leader of the State House of Assembly Yinka Mafe says he will move a motion in the state legislature to have the Sagam International Stadium renamed Anthony Joshua Stadium, and the popular Cinema Street in Sagamu renamed Anthony Joshua Street.
Of the two, the street is the most significant, as his family owns almost half the land and property on one side of the street.

The cinema, from which the road takes its name, was built by his great grandfather Omo-Oba Daniel Adebambo Joshua in the 50s, and is one of the oldest of such facilities in the country.
Mafe joined hundreds of Sagamu youth to watch the fight in an open air viewing event organised by the Sagamu Youth Congress, and was thrilled by both the turnout and the outcome.

"We are proud of what he has achieved as a son of Sagamu, and we will be happy to do our own little bit to show our appreciation and support for him," Mafe said.

http://nigconnect.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=945#
please nairalanders come and join me search this book I borrowed from a fellow nairalander for the cure of Nigeria polithievcians famzy and ignoramus endemic illnesses.

Re: Stadium And Street To Be Named After Anthony Joshua In Nigeria by successinlife: 11:54pm On May 01, 2017
Kobicove:

Ahhhh,He grew up in Nigeria pls.
Re: Stadium And Street To Be Named After Anthony Joshua In Nigeria by Franchise21(m): 11:57pm On May 01, 2017
eluquenson:
That's a good idea, we have to be proud of our son for his success, at least we are cool with this for now unlike our (jewish)brothers that always bring shame to country grin
Ur head no correct
Re: Stadium And Street To Be Named After Anthony Joshua In Nigeria by AyakaDunukofia: 11:57pm On May 01, 2017
Op said, " Ogun state where his parents came from". But what the world media knows as of now is that only his MOTHER is of Yoruba origin, Ogun - Shagamu.

His father as we were told is half Scottish and Nigerian, but where he hails from in Nigeria is not mentioned any where in the world media yet.
Re: Stadium And Street To Be Named After Anthony Joshua In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:01am On May 02, 2017
ymee:

Who no like better thing even Nigeria

Please I'm seriously in need of a job(part-time or fulltime) , being jobless for a while. thanks
Bsc mat/comp.sci 2.1
Contact me for...your any of these
SERVICES
1. Desktop-publishing
2. Web designing
3. Online registration
4. Corporate training
5. Software Training
6. Graphics designing
7. systems repair, installation and troubleshooting etc
babs4realscience@yahoo.com
Do u want to work for Anthony joshua?
If no, why derailing the post?
Move ur apologetic post to employment section

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Give Him The Ballon D'or' – Iheanacho Inspires Twitter Meltdown / Denmark Vs Australia World Cup 2018 - Rare Historic Match. See Why / Ferdinand And Crouch Warn - Another Lionel Messi Ballon D'or Would Be "Travesty"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.