Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,311 members, 7,842,915 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 03:01 PM

Spouse Coming To UK - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Spouse Coming To UK (768 Views)

First-time Trip To UK With UK Passport: Please Advise! / Two Women Vs 3 Muslim Men On A Flight From Turkey To UK (Photos) / Warning To Women Coming To Turkey For Prostitution(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Spouse Coming To UK by GeoffGeoff1992: 12:11am On May 02, 2017
Hi there

26 year old nigerian male and i've lived in the UK for roughly 7 sevens. married for three years and wondering about success rates of spouse visa into the UK

currently working two jobs (on is a contract which is ending in august)
seen my wife for two weeks- four weeks a year since we be married - she has never come to UK

In this time I have seen a greedy side to her and I really don't want her over here but now I've paid for the application process my family insists I see it through.

She's applied for her visa and handed in the relevant documents - will they ask to interview her?
also wondering if they will ask her to send evidence of us talking. We used to talk a lot but the past five months I haven't really had much to do with her.

Really looking for anyway this visa can get rejected... any help or advice would be great

thanks
Re: Spouse Coming To UK by Lexusgs430: 12:25am On May 02, 2017
GeoffGeoff1992:
Hi there

26 year old nigerian male and i've lived in the UK for roughly 7 sevens. married for three years and wondering about success rates of spouse visa into the UK

seen my wife for two weeks- four weeks a year since we be married - she has never come to UK

In this time I have seen a greedy side to her and I really don't want her over here but now I've paid for the application process my family insists I see it through.

She's applied for her visa and handed in the relevant documents - will they ask to interview her?
also wondering if they will ask her to send evidence of us talking. We used to talk a lot but the past five months I haven't really had much to do with her.

Really looking for anyway this visa can get rejected... any help or advice would be great

thanks

What type of visa did she apply for?
Re: Spouse Coming To UK by GeoffGeoff1992: 12:27am On May 02, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Assume it's a spouse visa, family have been dealing with it as I have completely lost interest. We got married in Nigeria
Re: Spouse Coming To UK by GeoffGeoff1992: 12:28am On May 02, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Think it's called family of a settled person
Re: Spouse Coming To UK by Lexusgs430: 12:38am On May 02, 2017
GeoffGeoff1992:

Assume it's a spouse visa, family have been dealing with it as I have completely lost interest. We got married in Nigeria

Did you submit all your financial, work and accommodation to accompany application?
Re: Spouse Coming To UK by GeoffGeoff1992: 12:39am On May 02, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Did you submit all your financial, work and accommodation to accompany application?

Yes, family did it for me as I have not wanted to take part in it.
This woman is just using me for a visa
Re: Spouse Coming To UK by Lexusgs430: 12:52am On May 02, 2017
GeoffGeoff1992:

Your family submitted it for you? You did not personally organize all the documentations?
Re: Spouse Coming To UK by GeoffGeoff1992: 12:57am On May 02, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Your family submitted it for you? You did not personally organize all the documentations?

My mom knows what she is doing, she did it all. Like I said I have no interest in this woman what so ever and we can't cancel the visa now because it will cause chaos with both of our families. Mom just said to see it through

That's why I'm wondering about the possbility of it getting rejected
Re: Spouse Coming To UK by Lexusgs430: 12:58am On May 02, 2017
GeoffGeoff1992:

If you do not want to proceed with the application any more, simply put the UKBA on alert.
Send them an email explaining your concerns, and your intentions to withdraw from the application process.
Your payments are non - refundable (probably the least of your concerns).
Re: Spouse Coming To UK by Lexusgs430: 1:00am On May 02, 2017
GeoffGeoff1992:

My mom knows what she is doing, she did it all. Like I said I have no interest in this woman what so ever and we can't cancel the visa now because it will cause chaos with both of our families. Mom just said to see it through

If you submitted all the right documentations and they are all in date + all checks out.
The probability of a successful application is higher.
Hence sending them a letter withdrawing your consent, is the only way out......
Re: Spouse Coming To UK by Lexusgs430: 1:01am On May 02, 2017
GeoffGeoff1992:

It's you marrying not your Mum, so you do what is best for you
Re: Spouse Coming To UK by GeoffGeoff1992: 1:01am On May 02, 2017
Lexusgs430:

If you do not want to proceed with the application any more, simply put the UKBA on alert.
Send them an email explaining your concerns, and your intentions to withdraw from the application process.
Your payments are non - refundable (probably the least of your concerns).

Will she find out I emailed them to withdraw my consent?

I can't do it if she or her family finds out I withdrew my consent
Re: Spouse Coming To UK by Lexusgs430: 1:05am On May 02, 2017
GeoffGeoff1992:

The applicant would also be sent an email, of the withdrawal.
Not unless you send an email to ukba citing your concerns and reasons, and would appreciate if the applicant is not informed, privacy and confidentiality.
They might reject the application and it looks like an outright rejection....
Re: Spouse Coming To UK by Lexusgs430: 1:06am On May 02, 2017
GeoffGeoff1992:

You don't want to marry her any more, so if she knows or not, does it matter?
Re: Spouse Coming To UK by GeoffGeoff1992: 1:11am On May 02, 2017
Lexusgs430:

You don't want to marry her any more, so if she knows or not, does it matter?

family want me to be with a nigerian girl and they don't want to case chaos back home so they have just told me to go through with it but I am praying it gets rejected
Re: Spouse Coming To UK by Lexusgs430: 1:14am On May 02, 2017
GeoffGeoff1992:

family want me to be with a nigerian girl and they don't want to case chaos back home so they have just told me to go through with it but I am praying it gets rejected

A place for prayer & A place for reality........
Are you also scared of sending an email to ukba?
Re: Spouse Coming To UK by GeoffGeoff1992: 1:15am On May 02, 2017
Lexusgs430:

A place for prayer & A place for reality........
Are you also scared of sending an email to ukba?

In case they find out it was me yes
Re: Spouse Coming To UK by Lexusgs430: 1:20am On May 02, 2017
GeoffGeoff1992:

In case they find out it was me yes

Keep praying..... And if visa gets issued, you brand new wife would be joining you in earnest.......
Re: Spouse Coming To UK by Ramaa(m): 5:55am On May 02, 2017
Op you are not a MAN.....you are still a little boy.....and your parents feeds you that's why you can't take the lead of your destiny......

How comes....!!??

1 Like

Re: Spouse Coming To UK by justwise(m): 9:55am On May 02, 2017
GeoffGeoff1992:
Hi there

thanks

Be a man and deal with this and don't treat a woman you married and left in Nigeria for years like this.

3 Likes

Re: Spouse Coming To UK by shugachris: 10:55am On May 02, 2017
justwise:

Be a man and deal with this and don't treat a woman you married and left in Nigeria for years like this.
Re: Spouse Coming To UK by shugachris: 10:59am On May 02, 2017
who can help me reply this...
Re: Spouse Coming To UK by joeluv: 12:28pm On May 02, 2017
Please if you don't like the lady please divorce her. Do you think it is easy living like a single lady when you are married. Abeg allow her to meet u in uk or u Kuku forget the marrage. U can't eat your cake and have it. Which lady wants to stay alone? It might seem to u like she only wants visa, while she on the other hand Wld only want to be with her husband.

(1) (Reply)

Will You Move To North Korea If You Have The Chance? / Nigeria Not On The List... / Nigerians In Seychelles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.