Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,409 members, 7,819,464 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:47 PM

Mikel To Miss Super Eagles, Bafana Bafana Afcon Qualifier - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel To Miss Super Eagles, Bafana Bafana Afcon Qualifier (9707 Views)

Alex Iwobi Dances Gbe Body After Super Eagles Win Against Bafana Bafana / Kidnapping: Emenike Advises Mikel To Buy His Parents House Outside Enugu / Fan Advises Mikel To Leave Olga Diyachenko & Come & Marry In Nigeria. She Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mikel To Miss Super Eagles, Bafana Bafana Afcon Qualifier by akelicious(m): 6:21am On May 02, 2017
Super Eagles’ Captain, John Mikel Obi, looks set to miss the African Cup of Nations (AFCON) qualifier against the Bafana Bafana of South Africa scheduled for the Godswill Akpabio International Stadium in Uyo on June 10.

Mikel recently underwent surgery and is currently recuperating in England and is in a race against time to be fit for the game.
Eagles number goalkeeper, Carl Ikeme and Vincent Enyeama, who Coach Gernot Rohr wanted to come out of retirement to replace Ikeme, are both out injured.

With the injury list increasing, Rohr will have to tinker with his squad as the team gets set for the 2019 AFCON qualifiers.
The game against Bafana Bafana might have come too soon for the Tianjin Teda captain as his camp has suggested he might skip the June 10 game and try to make the game against Cameroun in August.
Mikel, alongside the other Nigerian contingent in China, were not selected for the recent friendly against Senegal with Rohr electing to allow them to concentrate on their league games, which were about to start then.
The Super Eagles gaffer quashed rumours that he was dropping China-based players from his team as he insisted the likes of Mikel and Jude Ighalo are in his plans.
Nigeria is in Group E of the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier alongside South Africa, Libya and Seychelles.
more at http://www.akelicious.com/2017/05/mikel-to-miss-super-eagles-bafana.html

3 Likes

Re: Mikel To Miss Super Eagles, Bafana Bafana Afcon Qualifier by babyfaceafrica: 6:33am On May 02, 2017
Good news..let him take care of the twins

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mikel To Miss Super Eagles, Bafana Bafana Afcon Qualifier by Mandesz(m): 6:34am On May 02, 2017
av people forgotten who is Mikel obi?
he is d guy that played for Chelsea for a decade. he needs diz introduction cos people aren't responding to diz news with comments

3 Likes

Re: Mikel To Miss Super Eagles, Bafana Bafana Afcon Qualifier by snowland(m): 6:34am On May 02, 2017
We will miss him
Re: Mikel To Miss Super Eagles, Bafana Bafana Afcon Qualifier by drsteroid(m): 6:35am On May 02, 2017
Too bad we gonna miss this midfield maestro...his experience,agility and midas touches is really needed.John ogu is in a gud position to fill his vacuum.get well soon bro

5 Likes

Re: Mikel To Miss Super Eagles, Bafana Bafana Afcon Qualifier by rawpadgin(m): 6:35am On May 02, 2017
snowland:
We will miss him
no, we won't

3 Likes

Re: Mikel To Miss Super Eagles, Bafana Bafana Afcon Qualifier by Harris90(m): 6:36am On May 02, 2017
r
Re: Mikel To Miss Super Eagles, Bafana Bafana Afcon Qualifier by dfrost: 6:37am On May 02, 2017
Good for us.
Re: Mikel To Miss Super Eagles, Bafana Bafana Afcon Qualifier by percyshelu(m): 6:37am On May 02, 2017
chai
Re: Mikel To Miss Super Eagles, Bafana Bafana Afcon Qualifier by PEPPERified: 6:38am On May 02, 2017
Has Mikel officially acquired the legend status in Nigerian Football?
if you agree like. disagree share

24 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Mikel To Miss Super Eagles, Bafana Bafana Afcon Qualifier by Maxvasia(m): 6:39am On May 02, 2017
[/color][s][/s][i][/i][i][/i]i j k l m n [color=#000099]fgh
Re: Mikel To Miss Super Eagles, Bafana Bafana Afcon Qualifier by Primusinterpares(m): 6:39am On May 02, 2017
Let the coach look for homebased upcoming boys... I believe in them more dan these already made "stars" that rely on past Glories...#nohatein#
As 4 mikel...i wish u all dbest
Re: Mikel To Miss Super Eagles, Bafana Bafana Afcon Qualifier by oluwafemi113(m): 6:39am On May 02, 2017
baba Ibeji
Re: Mikel To Miss Super Eagles, Bafana Bafana Afcon Qualifier by dfrost: 6:39am On May 02, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
Good news..let him take care of the twins

I'm telling you. It's the best news for us and him. He has served his time and purpose. If we qualify, he can come.
Re: Mikel To Miss Super Eagles, Bafana Bafana Afcon Qualifier by edi287: 6:40am On May 02, 2017
He'll be sorely missed. Maybe we'll play 4-3-3 with Onazi (if he recovers), Ndidi and Etebo with a front 3 of Victor Moses, Iheanacho and Iwobi.
Maybe we might also need someone like Aluko for creativity. We should be able to beat Bafana Bafana. Rohr needs to invite Onyekuru sha.

2 Likes

Re: Mikel To Miss Super Eagles, Bafana Bafana Afcon Qualifier by Maxvasia(m): 6:40am On May 02, 2017
[i][/i]i j k l m n[size=8pt][/size][b][/b]hgfd
Re: Mikel To Miss Super Eagles, Bafana Bafana Afcon Qualifier by Flashmove: 6:41am On May 02, 2017
If not for bribe in Nigeria NFA , There are many talented boys on the street that plays more that all these Eagle boys that have never won a world Cup before.....

1 Like

Re: Mikel To Miss Super Eagles, Bafana Bafana Afcon Qualifier by dfrost: 6:41am On May 02, 2017
PEPPERified:
Has Mikel officially acquired the legend status in Nigerian Football?

if you agree like. disagree share

No.

1 Like

Re: Mikel To Miss Super Eagles, Bafana Bafana Afcon Qualifier by popsyleo1: 6:42am On May 02, 2017
Let us start now to look for replacement that is my submission
Re: Mikel To Miss Super Eagles, Bafana Bafana Afcon Qualifier by harffie(m): 6:44am On May 02, 2017
cheesy
Re: Mikel To Miss Super Eagles, Bafana Bafana Afcon Qualifier by teebaxy(m): 6:45am On May 02, 2017
edi287:
He'll be sorely missed. Maybe we'll play 4-3-3 with Onazi (if he recovers), Ndidi and Etebo with a front 3 of Victor Moses, Iheanacho and Iwobi.
Maybe we might also need someone like Aluko for creativity. We should be able to beat Bafana Bafana. Rohr needs to invite Onyekuru sha.
You guys should leave mose out of this
Re: Mikel To Miss Super Eagles, Bafana Bafana Afcon Qualifier by edi287: 6:46am On May 02, 2017
teebaxy:
You guys should leave mose out of this
Why?
Re: Mikel To Miss Super Eagles, Bafana Bafana Afcon Qualifier by Nobody: 6:47am On May 02, 2017
Na him sabi
Re: Mikel To Miss Super Eagles, Bafana Bafana Afcon Qualifier by northvietnam(m): 6:49am On May 02, 2017
It's even better sef...

I prefer Ndidi and Onazi Combo in the midfield
Re: Mikel To Miss Super Eagles, Bafana Bafana Afcon Qualifier by ogobaby23(f): 6:49am On May 02, 2017
We can win without him I am sure

1 Like

Re: Mikel To Miss Super Eagles, Bafana Bafana Afcon Qualifier by cr7rooney10(m): 6:50am On May 02, 2017
Thank God oo

1 Like

Re: Mikel To Miss Super Eagles, Bafana Bafana Afcon Qualifier by bastien: 6:52am On May 02, 2017
Thank God oh, the O2 no go come...... Na me happy pass self
Re: Mikel To Miss Super Eagles, Bafana Bafana Afcon Qualifier by 2kass(m): 6:53am On May 02, 2017
Mandesz:
av people forgotten who is Mikel obi?
he is d guy that played for Chelsea for a decade. he needs diz introduction cos people aren't responding to diz news with comments
Are you for real? That's interesting ohh, is he still in Chelsea or he has moved back to his former club, Man U
Re: Mikel To Miss Super Eagles, Bafana Bafana Afcon Qualifier by northvietnam(m): 6:54am On May 02, 2017
Flashmove:
If not for bribe in Nigeria NFA , There are many talented boys on the street that plays more that all these Eagle boys that have never won a world Cup before.....

Even in Argentina, there are many boys that play better than Lionel Messi (Messi wey never win world cup)

metcheeeeeeeeeeeew.....

3 Likes

Re: Mikel To Miss Super Eagles, Bafana Bafana Afcon Qualifier by otabuko(m): 6:54am On May 02, 2017
Mike?
Re: Mikel To Miss Super Eagles, Bafana Bafana Afcon Qualifier by joepentwo(m): 6:57am On May 02, 2017
rawpadgin:
no, we won't
y
we won't miss you bruh!
Re: Mikel To Miss Super Eagles, Bafana Bafana Afcon Qualifier by Humility017(m): 6:59am On May 02, 2017
popsyleo1:
Let us start now to look for replacement that is my submission

ndidi is there

(1) (2) (Reply)

FA CUP Final: Man City Beat Man Utd To Keep Treble Dreams Alive / Samuel Chukwueze Returns To Villarreal Training After Injury Layoff / Dangote Donates ₦50M To Super Falcons For AWCON Win (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.