Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,009 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:20 AM

A Call To Obedience - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Call To Obedience (895 Views)

What Does The Bible Say About Obedience? / Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens : Obedience Must Be Total / A Call To Obedience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Call To Obedience by horlaoluwa: 1:33pm On May 02, 2017
What is obedience?
{alt}
Obedience is the act of being obedient (doing as told, carrying out, or willing to carry out, instructions, or submitting to somebody's will or authority at all cost.), coming to the concept of obedient in the kingdom of God, it mean doing and walking according to the way of life(principle) in the kingdom of God. In heaven and on earth tangible blessings are attached to every act of obedience.
The only litmus test for the percentage of man’s obedience on earth to the voice of God is determined by the level at which man say no(deny) every opportunity to disobey God.
God want us to obey him always because obedience to him is the only key the door for every manifestation of the good things he has in store for us as His peculiar people whom he fearfully and wonderfully created to radiate His light on earth.

Ex 19:5-6
5 Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine:
6 And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.
Here God is revealing His mind to us about what he has for us and also telling us the key to that opens the door which is obedience, every blessing of God is tied to a condition to be fulfilled, we cannot jump the protocol of being blessed by God as established by God for as it is from the beginning so it will be till Jesus come.

2 Tim 2:19 But God's truth stands firm like a great rock, and nothing can shake it. It is a foundation stone with these words written on it: "The Lord knows those who are really his," and "A person who calls himself a Christian should not be doing things that are wrong." TLB
Do you no God want to help you, he want to deliver you for that bondage and break every yoke of the devil in your life, the only thing is that God cannot deny His word
Jer 7:23 "But this is what I commanded them, saying, 'Obey My voice, and I will be your God, and you shall be My people. And walk in all the ways that I have commanded you, that it may be well with you.'
Obedience is what God commanded that is may be well with you, it is time for you to listen to the voice of God that is his will maybe in the Bible of spoken by His true minister stop wasting time and materials, wait on Him and receive direction for your life that it may be well with you for obedience is better that sacrifice, being a child of God and walking in holiness and righteousness is the first thing then you will be able to make you sacrifice.
1Sa 15:22 Then Samuel said: "Has the LORD as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, As in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, And to heed than the fat of rams.
This is a divine call the best you can do is to answer and obey the call and determine from today to obey God at all cost and the grace of God will be released upon you to grow in Obeying Him (Phil.4:13).

(1) (Reply)

I Had This Dream Just Now, Please Read!!! / Why God Created Devil? / Does God Depend On Our Prayers?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.