Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,337 members, 7,819,184 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

Nigerians React To Oba Of Lagos Palace Fire Incident - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nigerians React To Oba Of Lagos Palace Fire Incident (51588 Views)

Meet Two Sisters Married To Oba Ewuare Of Benin (Photos) / Igbinedion Gifts Tiger To Oba Of Benin, Ewuare & It Roars At People (Video,Pics) / Oyinbo Woman Pays Homage To Oba Of Benin In His Palace. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians React To Oba Of Lagos Palace Fire Incident by Amoyinoluwa24: 6:44pm On May 02, 2017
Nigerians on social media, as expected have reacted to the fire that reportedly razed a section of the palace of Oba of Lagos, Rilwan Akiolu, in Iga Iduganran area of Lagos Island, with many saying the gods of Yoruba land are angry with him.

The fire incident is coming barely a week after the monarch snubbed the Ooni of Ife - an action that generated a lot of tongue-lashing on twitter.

See some reactions below;

Source: http://www.cambellsblog.com/2017/05/video-fire-razes-oba-of-lagos-rilwan.html

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians React To Oba Of Lagos Palace Fire Incident by Amoyinoluwa24: 6:45pm On May 02, 2017
More

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Oba Of Lagos Palace Fire Incident by Neoguru6: 6:48pm On May 02, 2017
Nonsense afonjas, a clear case of arson. Somebody set the palace ablaze. It should never be attributed to mystics.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians React To Oba Of Lagos Palace Fire Incident by Igboesika: 6:51pm On May 02, 2017
Yoruba Christians vs afonja Mooooslims

47 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigerians React To Oba Of Lagos Palace Fire Incident by paschal47(m): 7:14pm On May 02, 2017
Ooni has sent sango on an errand

grin grin grin grin grin

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians React To Oba Of Lagos Palace Fire Incident by paschal47(m): 7:14pm On May 02, 2017
Oba of Lagos would be like; is it because I didn't greet that small boy?

But why

64 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To Oba Of Lagos Palace Fire Incident by Sharon6(f): 8:04pm On May 02, 2017
If not that Aye ti did Aye olaju... The Oba of Lagos will still be paying isakole to the Ooni of Ife.
Sincerely I fell out of love with the Oba of Lagos after the Igbos and Lagoon statement.

PLEASE CHECK MY SIGNATURE!

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians React To Oba Of Lagos Palace Fire Incident by ehemwhy(m): 8:05pm On May 02, 2017
u go fear yoruba jazz

7 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To Oba Of Lagos Palace Fire Incident by coolestchris(m): 8:05pm On May 02, 2017
this is real power not fake Christianity power

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians React To Oba Of Lagos Palace Fire Incident by mamatayour(f): 8:05pm On May 02, 2017
Ntooo tongue . god of sango na him dem send grin cheesy grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Oba Of Lagos Palace Fire Incident by Nobody: 8:06pm On May 02, 2017
Don't ever fück with someone more powerful than you are...You will only tempt the person to unleash his/her powers on you.

The next time Oba of Lagos sees Oni of Ife coming...

93 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Nigerians React To Oba Of Lagos Palace Fire Incident by seuncyber(m): 8:06pm On May 02, 2017
Lobatan Yoruba I hail

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To Oba Of Lagos Palace Fire Incident by tukdi: 8:06pm On May 02, 2017
undecided
Re: Nigerians React To Oba Of Lagos Palace Fire Incident by drizslim(m): 8:06pm On May 02, 2017
After God Fear Naija Tweeters!

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To Oba Of Lagos Palace Fire Incident by seuncyber(m): 8:07pm On May 02, 2017
Lobatan Yoruba I hail

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Oba Of Lagos Palace Fire Incident by sisisioge: 8:07pm On May 02, 2017
Awon alale Yoruba n binu grin

Biko, e ma binu mo o.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To Oba Of Lagos Palace Fire Incident by Dauraking: 8:07pm On May 02, 2017
Oba Lil Wayne Akiolu should have used the Lagoon Water to quench the fire. I heard that the Oba was running around with buckets searching for water to quench the fire. He was afraid of diving into the Lagoon lest Amadioha drowns him there.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians React To Oba Of Lagos Palace Fire Incident by Dopeyomi(m): 8:08pm On May 02, 2017
Oba be like; Why ah no greet this boy o...

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To Oba Of Lagos Palace Fire Incident by Nobody: 8:08pm On May 02, 2017
am confusing sef... d tin aff tired me

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians React To Oba Of Lagos Palace Fire Incident by opara28(m): 8:08pm On May 02, 2017
powers from above
Re: Nigerians React To Oba Of Lagos Palace Fire Incident by Blackfire(m): 8:08pm On May 02, 2017
Nemesis or natural?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Oba Of Lagos Palace Fire Incident by Nobody: 8:08pm On May 02, 2017
This is why Nigerians remain with so thin and myopic thinking!

What happened is just COINCIDENTAL!!

HABA!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React To Oba Of Lagos Palace Fire Incident by deolsisback: 8:09pm On May 02, 2017
Let the gods give us light in this country if they truly exist.

abi na only tragedy dem fit cause?

The ancestors be watching some people eat our yam clean mouth but can't take a little snub on the Ooni.

If y'all are joking, better stop it. Not funny at all.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React To Oba Of Lagos Palace Fire Incident by MhissBelva(f): 8:09pm On May 02, 2017
Nigerians self
Re: Nigerians React To Oba Of Lagos Palace Fire Incident by Victornezzar: 8:09pm On May 02, 2017
paschal47:
Oba of Lagos would be like; is it because I didn't greet that small boy?

But why

U copied dis comment from d last thread
no lie

8 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To Oba Of Lagos Palace Fire Incident by Alasi20(m): 8:09pm On May 02, 2017
The gods are angrily angry

Anyway, Ile Oba tojona, ewa lobukun

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Oba Of Lagos Palace Fire Incident by kizygist: 8:09pm On May 02, 2017
Should we say there is any correlation to this about what happened last week? Meet the prophet that demanded N70m to remove fibroid from a woman http://www.updatesflow.tk/2017/05/unbelievable-prophet-arrested-for.html
Re: Nigerians React To Oba Of Lagos Palace Fire Incident by ettybaba(m): 8:10pm On May 02, 2017
coolestchris:
this is real power not fake Christianity power
I pity you.
All power belong to God.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React To Oba Of Lagos Palace Fire Incident by Alasi20(m): 8:10pm On May 02, 2017
Victornezzar:

U copied dis comment from d last thread no lie

Lol
Re: Nigerians React To Oba Of Lagos Palace Fire Incident by Nobody: 8:10pm On May 02, 2017
Victornezzar:

U copied dis comment from d last thread
no lie

LOL
Re: Nigerians React To Oba Of Lagos Palace Fire Incident by Lilimax(f): 8:11pm On May 02, 2017
My mouth sealed lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oba Ewuare Rides In His Rolls Royce For Thanksgiving. PICS / Anambra Masquerade Burnt to Death During Cultural Festival / Olori Wuraola Pulls A Beyoncé On Ooni Of Ife (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.