Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,957 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:48 AM

Basic Tools Required To Set Up An Auto Service Workshop - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Basic Tools Required To Set Up An Auto Service Workshop (6486 Views)

Africa’s Richest Man, Aliko Dangote, To Set Up Peugeot Assembly Plant In Kaduna / Partners Needed To Establish An Auto Service Centre / BMW 740i Pre-LCI E38 - Restore To Basic(ish) Condition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Basic Tools Required To Set Up An Auto Service Workshop by Tunneller: 10:34pm On May 02, 2017
Good day house,

Please I would beg some one to help me list the major tools and equipment required to set up an auto service workshop (excluding land/building). This is urgently required for some feasibility studies on a site. As many sections as possible can be included. If possible, an estimated budget would be great too, but if not possible, still no problem. All and any other relevant data is highly welcome and appreciated. Thanks.

gazzuzz .. ZIMDRILL .. Ikenna351 .. Honmusa .. Mayor123 .. Nurey .. Please, help do justice.

cc Marpol, Lalasticlala
Re: Basic Tools Required To Set Up An Auto Service Workshop by Turks: 7:13am On May 03, 2017
1) Experience

3 Likes

Re: Basic Tools Required To Set Up An Auto Service Workshop by lastmessenger: 7:15am On May 03, 2017
I'm really interested in this topic. I have always wanted to go into autoservice. Auto service men in the house your input will be highly appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Basic Tools Required To Set Up An Auto Service Workshop by Lexusgs430: 7:17am On May 03, 2017
Basic tools not enough to open a decent workshop..
Re: Basic Tools Required To Set Up An Auto Service Workshop by tlops(m): 7:18am On May 03, 2017
You want to invest on what you have no clue about..
Anyway
Spanner all sizes 4 sets
Electric car lift or hole in the ground.
Work clothes

2 Likes

Re: Basic Tools Required To Set Up An Auto Service Workshop by LEXYCOM: 7:20am On May 03, 2017
Tester and spanner only with one errand boy that will buy u amala for break fast. U are good to go.

5 Likes

Re: Basic Tools Required To Set Up An Auto Service Workshop by deavicky(m): 7:21am On May 03, 2017
Just buy 10/11 spanner,u are good to go.
Asking this question shows u don't know anything about mechanic yet u want open a workshop to spoil our car

2 Likes

Re: Basic Tools Required To Set Up An Auto Service Workshop by igbsam(m): 7:29am On May 03, 2017
LEXYCOM:
Tester and spanner only with one errand boy that will buy u amala for break fast. U are good to go.

This comment cracked me up. You don mad finish grin

1 Like

Re: Basic Tools Required To Set Up An Auto Service Workshop by Donkaz(m): 7:31am On May 03, 2017
deavicky:
Asking this question shows u don't know anything about mechanic yet u want open a workshop to spoil our car

grin grin
Nairalanders gat no chill at all.
Re: Basic Tools Required To Set Up An Auto Service Workshop by FearFactor1: 7:33am On May 03, 2017
Get a coverall, use condemned oil scatter am. Then get spanner set, and an empty piece of land. Shikena.

2 Likes

Re: Basic Tools Required To Set Up An Auto Service Workshop by bewla(m): 7:38am On May 03, 2017
C comments
Re: Basic Tools Required To Set Up An Auto Service Workshop by chuksjuve(m): 7:47am On May 03, 2017
You simply need the experience, its from the experience gained that you will know what is needed to be gotten before you can now set up properly.

Except you are an outsider who just want to invest in that line of business.

Experience is the most important tool you need.

meanwhile after setting up...

kindly call us to help you make the place or workshop a beautiful place customers will always want to come..

contact us for Landscape, Horticulture and Gardening service...
we simply add value to your real estate/ building projects..
check my profile for more.
Re: Basic Tools Required To Set Up An Auto Service Workshop by lonelydora: 7:48am On May 03, 2017
I'm here to read comments and learn too.
Re: Basic Tools Required To Set Up An Auto Service Workshop by lonelydora: 7:53am On May 03, 2017
chuksjuve:
You simply need the experience, its from the experience gained that you will know what is needed to be gotten before you can now set up properly.

Except you are an outsider who just want to invest in that line of business.

Experience is the most important tool you need.

meanwhile after setting up...

kindly call us to help you make the place or workshop a beautiful place customers will always want to come..

contact us for Landscape, Horticulture and Gardening service...
we simply add value to your real estate/ building projects..
check my profile for more.
In a mechanic workshop?
Re: Basic Tools Required To Set Up An Auto Service Workshop by blaqroy: 7:55am On May 03, 2017
I don't know oo
Re: Basic Tools Required To Set Up An Auto Service Workshop by Yameater(m): 7:56am On May 03, 2017
Can't a non mechanic have a workshop?
Re: Basic Tools Required To Set Up An Auto Service Workshop by mcgaius: 7:59am On May 03, 2017
Auto workshops theses days have gone beyond basic tools.I have such plan to establish one on the island where I reside.After my observation,I found out that most auto workshops here are not that efficient in carrying out their services.I have theses Togo guys on the mainland that specialized on Toyota and Honda.I.am looking for a good site for them here on the island and if i find one,my tools will be stuffs like normal manual wrench sets,power wrench (no more losing and tighting bolts and nuts with manual process as it can be done with electric process),pneumatic tools,diagnosing tool,industrial jacks,pully crane for engine and spare part store.My workshop will be strictly for Honda and Toyota.

If business is moving well,I can buy a bus for mobile workshop so that our customers can give us a call for home service.we are planning to own stuffs like towing van with which I can tow clients car to our workshop for repairs.

We shall also have car to convey our clients to their various destination in an invent in which their cars breaks down on their way to keep an appointment.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Basic Tools Required To Set Up An Auto Service Workshop by sobastical: 8:00am On May 03, 2017
lonelydora:
In a mechanic workshop?

Mehn I tire o. but all na packaging sha
Re: Basic Tools Required To Set Up An Auto Service Workshop by regularjoe8080(m): 8:14am On May 03, 2017
SKKB Motors Limited

SKKB Motors Ltd is a high quality auto repair workshop based in 4, Alhaja Odoula St., Lagos with affordable rates.

SKKB Motors Ltd is a registered company and operates business that delivers the best vehicle repairs service in the area. With a wide range of services, we are your one stop shop for all mechanical repairs and we deliver expert services and fantastic customer care.

Our internationally and National trained staff have more than 25 years’ experience in the trade. We are highly skilled and fully trained professionals.

With vast knowledge on all makes of cars, we really do know our stuff, and can help you fix any car problems you might be having.

SKKB Motors Ltd offers an honest service and we approach business with integrity. You can rest assured that we will take care of your car at the best price possible. Our rates are extremely competitive.

Our specialties include:

• Advanced level computer diagnostics and programming.
• Mechanical repairs.
• Electrical and electronic components repairs.
• Key programming.
• ECU coding.
• Engine and transmission repairs.
• General Lubrication service and maintenance.
• Body repairs and oven-bake respraying.
• Tyres, Brakes and exhausts.
• Vehicle pre-purchase inspections.
• Car sales and importation.

We are never happy until our customers are satisfied with our work. Call in today to meet the team at SKKB Motors Limited and have your vehicle taken care of.

Workshop Address:

4,Alhaja Oduola Street, Off Chief Natufe St., Off Babs Animashaun St., Surulere Lagos. Nigeria.

Call 01-2955484 or 081-64433313

We are available from Mondays to Saturdays from 8am to 6pm.
Re: Basic Tools Required To Set Up An Auto Service Workshop by ogobaby23(f): 8:33am On May 03, 2017
Its quite expensive to set up but also lucrative
Re: Basic Tools Required To Set Up An Auto Service Workshop by BEAMBOR13(f): 8:36am On May 03, 2017
[quote author=Tunneller post=56150392]
hydraulic Jack
axle stand
set of spanners(flat and ring),
wrench
sockets of various size
pressure tester(cooling system pressure tester, compression, fuel pump pressure tester, e.t.c)
diagnostics scanner
multimeter
electric car lift
laying board
oil pan(to drain oil)
soldering iron
crane and so on
hope have helped a bit. All the best

1 Like

Re: Basic Tools Required To Set Up An Auto Service Workshop by walezy85: 8:43am On May 03, 2017
Google it,you will get all you need to set up a standard Auto workshop. the tools are many let me mention few tool box it full kit,electronic scanners eg OBD2 etc wheel balancing machine and wheel alignment, crane to lift engine, pit or ramp when there is need to work under the vehicle just to mention but few
Re: Basic Tools Required To Set Up An Auto Service Workshop by sylve11: 9:03am On May 03, 2017
LEXYCOM:

LWKM grin grin cool
Re: Basic Tools Required To Set Up An Auto Service Workshop by 1kinggy(m): 9:22am On May 03, 2017
Take a tour 9f top 5 workshops you know and 5 makeshifts
observing the makeshift shops would help you appreciate why you need to have tools you see in top shops.

see some serious car movies like fast and furious and 9bserve tools in their work areas.

watch YouTube videos of car gurus, sites and DIY guys and note their tools

And most importantly, LEARN THE JOB

1 Like

Re: Basic Tools Required To Set Up An Auto Service Workshop by LeJeun3: 9:44am On May 03, 2017

A functional brain. . . .

Re: Basic Tools Required To Set Up An Auto Service Workshop by hylyne(m): 10:00am On May 03, 2017
U may not get the best from here. However, a good Automobile Workshop, should comprise of the following departments.

mechanical department... You need well experienced Technicians for atleast Japanese, American, Range Rover etc. You would also need good hydraulic, manual and electric powered tools eg four or two post lift, Axle stand, complete tools, special tools, Floor Jacks motor oil changer, grease pump, trolley Crane etc

Electrical /Diagnostic department... Here u need very competent guys who can handle Diagnostic machines and also trace faults. U would need Lunch, Auto Boss and alldata softwares just to mention but a few.

Body work.... U need personals. Painters and panel beater. Sparing booth, polishing machine, color codes etc

Ac work.... U need a technician. It's usually an issue to get an experienced person here. However, u would would need leak detector, gauge, goggle etc

Tire work... Wheel balancing machines and alignment machine. Usually it's outsourced.

Upholstery work. Usually outsourced too.

Workshop documents... There quite alot of documents required of any workshop, to help you organize your company in a professional way and also shield yourself from Customers embarrassment.

Like I said u may need an experienced mechanical engineer(who has managed workshop) to help you do that.

U can contact me if you need my service 08092330661

2 Likes

Re: Basic Tools Required To Set Up An Auto Service Workshop by bullabong(m): 10:05am On May 03, 2017
Donkaz:

grin grin Nairalanders gat no chill at all.
Aswear!
Re: Basic Tools Required To Set Up An Auto Service Workshop by Eu24(m): 1:44pm On May 03, 2017
If u know anyone who is interested or looking for a space/land where they can start auto service business in Mainland Lagos, somewhere area Alimosho, ikeja along. A business like this need an open space n busy place where u can be easily reached. Have got this one close to a major road...check my profile u will see my post.. Have got picture of the location., this space can be use for other kind of business it just depend on what he/she wants. Bar, Stores , Offices, Showroom name it
Re: Basic Tools Required To Set Up An Auto Service Workshop by Eu24(m): 1:54pm On May 03, 2017
Tunneller, If you are looking for a Land/ Space to start your auto service business, You can check my profile have got this half a plot in Lagos., Alimosho area.. Standard auto service are needed here. Location is close to major road that linked Ikeja along. Oshodi, apapa. Mile2

To get a beta understanding on what tools u will need to start up your business. Google will sure help u get better understanding or u visit a standard auto shop area u.
Re: Basic Tools Required To Set Up An Auto Service Workshop by Nobody: 2:15pm On May 03, 2017
deavicky:

Maybe he's hiring training mechanics?

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Gazzuzz charged me / Why Do Road User's Neglect Traffic Laws In Nigeria? / Why Is My Honda City Revving Itself.help Pls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.