Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,722 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:07 PM

Grass-cutting Contract: More Trouble For Suspended SGF - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Grass-cutting Contract: More Trouble For Suspended SGF (1246 Views)

Grass Cutting Scam: Court Rules On Admissibility Of Evidence Oct. 16 / Shocker: N8.7billion Allocated For Suspended National Carrier In 2019 Budget / Reasons Buhari Cleared SGF Lawal In Grass-Cutting Contract Scandal In January (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Grass-cutting Contract: More Trouble For Suspended SGF by Chizgold: 4:34am On May 03, 2017
Nigerian Senate Ad-hoc Committee on Mounting Humanitarian Crisis in the
North-East,on Tuesday , laid its final report, which indicted suspended
Secretary to Government of the Federation, SGF, David Babachir Lawal.

The 45-page report, which will be discussed by senators Wednesday, was
submitted by the committee chairman, Senator Shehu Sani (APC, Kaduna
Central).

The committee specifically recommended that the banks’ transactions of
Rholavision Engineering Limited and the confirmation of Central Bank of
Nigeria indicated that Babachir Lawal was still the signatory to
Rholavision Engineering Limited accounts and 13 other accounts, some with
different names.

It noted that Lawal contravened the provision of Part 1 of the Fifth
Schedule of the 1999 Constitution (as amended); Public Procurement Act 2007
and breached the Oaths of Office as Secretary to the Government of the
Federation and should be prosecuted by the relevant authorities.

In the report, the committee also linked fresh suspicious payment to the
tune of N500 million and recommended further investigation by relevant
agencies of government on why contract benefitting companies paid over N500
million into Rholavision Engineering Limited, a company Lawal had interest
in.

The recommendations read in part: “That since it was observed that there
was no bill of quantities on the contracts awarded by PINE under emergency
situation, the Bureau of Public Procurement, BPP, should undertake a
revaluation of all such contracts to recover any proceeds from
over-inflated contracts;

“That the relevant agencies should ensure that contracts partially
executed but fully paid for must be completed by the concerned contractors,
or asked to refund the equivalent money of outstanding jobs to government
treasury;

“That all resources that have been misapplied or stolen by public
officials should be retrieved and anybody found culpable of contravening
any of the provisions of the Public Procurement Act, 2007 and the Federal
Government Financial Rules and Regulations pertaining to the award of these
contracts, should be duly prosecuted by the relevant authorities;

“That the committee also recommends further investigation by relevant
agencies of government on why contract benefitting companies paid over N500
million into Rholavision Engineering Limited, a company Engr. Babachir
David Lawal has interest.”

The 45-page report was signed by seven of the nine members, including the
chairman, Senator Shehu Sani; Senator Ben Murray Bruce (PDP, Bayelsa East);
Senator Oluremi Tinubu (APC, Lagos Central); Senator Ali Wakil (APC, Bauchi
South); Senator Theodore Orji (PDP, Abia); Senator Tayo Alasoadura (APC,
Ondo Central) and Senator Yahaya Abdullahi (APC, Kebbi), as well as the
Clerk, Lawal Barau Bungudu.

Of the nine members, only Senators Mohammed Hassan (PDP, Yobe South) and
Adeola Olamilekan (APC, Lagos West) did not sign the report.....

http://ikengachronicles.com/grass-cutting-contract-more-trouble-to-suspended-sgf/?

1 Like

Re: Grass-cutting Contract: More Trouble For Suspended SGF by Ephort: 4:52am On May 03, 2017
Nice move

1 Like

Re: Grass-cutting Contract: More Trouble For Suspended SGF by rifasenate11(m): 4:58am On May 03, 2017
these older men are the reason why Nigeria is stagnant till today. they don't care the effect of those actions. all they want is embezzlement. I wish to see a Nigeria where younger politicians will be elected by the public instead of these old thieves.

2 Likes

Re: Grass-cutting Contract: More Trouble For Suspended SGF by IgweBUIKE1(m): 5:09am On May 03, 2017
so much corruption going on right under the nose of Mr integrity turned vegetable,,good tin is that he was suspended to save face for this administration of wacko Jacko

3 Likes

Re: Grass-cutting Contract: More Trouble For Suspended SGF by MakeADifference: 5:13am On May 03, 2017
Another 500m grasscut?

Yet Banachir will say - Who is the panel?
Who is the presidency?

Law has departed the shores of Nigeria; anything goes these days.

We sent one clueless person away only to bring a clan of commotion.

If you ever shouted Sai Baba, hope you are able to hold your shame now.

5 Likes

Re: Grass-cutting Contract: More Trouble For Suspended SGF by greatwhite(m): 5:14am On May 03, 2017
Presidential grass cutter. grin

1 Like

Re: Grass-cutting Contract: More Trouble For Suspended SGF by Atiku2019: 5:15am On May 03, 2017
The SGF should resign cry cry

1 Like

Re: Grass-cutting Contract: More Trouble For Suspended SGF by Jaabioro(m): 5:26am On May 03, 2017
Corruption breathing in Baba bubu nose, right before baba chest standing the ultimate corrupted nigga..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Grass-cutting Contract: More Trouble For Suspended SGF by seunmsg(m): 5:38am On May 03, 2017
Atiku2019:
The SGF should resign cry cry

Babachir is gone already but that is not enough. We should be advocating for his prosecution now so as to send a strong signal to others in the government that nobody is above the law.
Re: Grass-cutting Contract: More Trouble For Suspended SGF by jericco1(m): 5:39am On May 03, 2017
45 page report? Na photo album. Mr Bruce, I sight you jare. It's the right move I think.
Re: Grass-cutting Contract: More Trouble For Suspended SGF by Nobody: 5:43am On May 03, 2017
rifasenate11:
these older men are the reason why Nigeria is stagnant till today. they don't care the effect of those actions. all they want is embezzlement. I wish to see a Nigeria where younger politicians will be elected by the public instead of these old thieves.
the younger men are even worse of
Re: Grass-cutting Contract: More Trouble For Suspended SGF by Vicolan: 6:32am On May 03, 2017
Let this Lawal join remaining criminals of Kanu and Dasuki in Kuje prison........

He deserved to be there......
Re: Grass-cutting Contract: More Trouble For Suspended SGF by RealLordZeus(m): 6:46am On May 03, 2017
The chief grass cutter I hail ooo

1 Like

Re: Grass-cutting Contract: More Trouble For Suspended SGF by omenkaLives(m): 6:57am On May 03, 2017
rifasenate11:
Age has got nothing to do with the leadership crisis bedevilling this country; a testament to that is the body NANS, and another is Kogi state.

We have a fundamental problem of character and conscience and until we start making personal efforts to fix that, might well keep flogging a dead horse.

2 Likes

Re: Grass-cutting Contract: More Trouble For Suspended SGF by AlhajiSpray(m): 6:58am On May 03, 2017
More trouble my ass! Nothing will happen to this babachir grand pa! Quote me anywhere!

1 Like

Re: Grass-cutting Contract: More Trouble For Suspended SGF by chiboyo(m): 7:02am On May 03, 2017
As Babachir has turned out to be a confirmed grasscutter, na to roast am chop remain!

1 Like

Re: Grass-cutting Contract: More Trouble For Suspended SGF by Boleyndynasty2(f): 7:13am On May 03, 2017
PaulKillerman:
the younger men are even worse of
how are you so sure about that? undecided

1 Like

Re: Grass-cutting Contract: More Trouble For Suspended SGF by tuoyoojo(m): 7:24am On May 03, 2017
only one man move 500 million
one man
money when him n three generations nor go fit chop finish
but cannot approve increase in workers salaries

1 Like

Re: Grass-cutting Contract: More Trouble For Suspended SGF by reuben79: 7:46am On May 03, 2017
who is presidency?

1 Like

Re: Grass-cutting Contract: More Trouble For Suspended SGF by rifasenate11(m): 8:04am On May 03, 2017
omenkaLives:
Age has got nothing to do with the leadership crisis bedevilling this country; a testament to that is the body NANS, and another is Kogi state.

We have a fundamental problem of character and conscience and until we start making personal efforts to fix that, might well keep flogging a dead horse.

Good point bro; but I still think, if we are able to itemize these "fundamental problem of characters and conscience " we are not going anywhere,that the way forward . where do we start?. we need to start at a point, we analyse situations a lot in Nigeria. we talk and complain for ages but never willing to begin with something. that's what I think .
Re: Grass-cutting Contract: More Trouble For Suspended SGF by ba7man(m): 8:16am On May 03, 2017
Corrupt Govt officials are now getting exposed under this administration, its no longer business as usual.

If it was under GEJ's administration, he would have given them national awards that he gave Aki and pawpaw.....and invite Ras-Kimono so that he can dance on stage with him.
Re: Grass-cutting Contract: More Trouble For Suspended SGF by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:19am On May 03, 2017
What about the $50m? We cannot be distracted by shifting all attention to SGF. We want to know about the main issue, which is the $50m allegedly discovered by Magu and his boys.

Also, who will receive the report from the VeePee? I hope it's not some appointee of the President?

1 Like

Re: Grass-cutting Contract: More Trouble For Suspended SGF by Nobody: 8:48am On May 03, 2017
Who is the presidency?
Re: Grass-cutting Contract: More Trouble For Suspended SGF by Nobody: 3:03pm On May 03, 2017
Boleyndynasty2:
how are you so sure about that? undecided
I have had dealings with youth groups, I know what I saw...

(1) (Reply)

June 12: Aregbesola Calls For Restructuring, Says Nigeria Only Needs Six States / Why Can't Everyone Be Like Me And End This Herdsmen Killings Once And For All / Okorocha’s Son-in-law Can’t Be Imo Gov –archbishop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.