Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,075 members, 7,821,704 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

Fani Kayode Bags Igbo Title For Leadership Of Southern Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fani Kayode Bags Igbo Title For Leadership Of Southern Nigeria (2382 Views)

Femi-fani Kayode Bags Traditional Tittle In Zamfara Amid Protest / meet 'Ugo Chimereze 1 Of Lagos'. Sanwo-olu Bags Igbo Chiftaincy In Lagos (Pics) / Femi Adesina Receives 2nd Igbo Title In Abia State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fani Kayode Bags Igbo Title For Leadership Of Southern Nigeria by Nobody: 4:38am On May 03, 2017
Our quest to bring unity to the Southern parts of Nigeria in the face of serious threats like ‘grazing reserve’ has received a boost following Yoruba leader Femi Fani Kayode’s revelation that he has received an Igbo traditional title in recognition of his thought leadership and fearless agitation for the welfare and interests of the entire Southern Nigeria.

Speaking during his recent meeting with Biafran pro independence leader Nnamdi KANU, Femi Fani Kayode, who has been raising the awareness of the South on unjust attempts to impose grazing reserves on their ancestral lands, disclosed that he already has the titles of “Odumagu” of the South which means ‘Lion Tiger of the South’ and also the “Odogunaga”, which means ‘The Courageous One Who Marches Forward’.

We will from now on refer to Fani Kayode by his Southern leadership title, ‘Odumagu’, as we believe he has earned it.

Source:http://zikistmovement.igbodefender.com/2017/05/03/fani-kayode-given-igbo-title-for-southern-nigeria-leadership/

Odumagu Fani Kayode's fearlessness reminds one of Ojukwu The Great. Like The Odumagu or hate him, you cannot deny the fact that he has fought for Southern Nigeria in the face of this grazing reserve issue where some people want to introduce 'grazing reserves' instead of commercial cattle ranches set up with land bought from willing (not forced) sellers from the South.

Odumagu Fani Kayode is surely building a legacy founded on speaking truth to power. The way Fani Kayode is going, history will surely remember him kindly as one of those Southern human rights leaders who stopped 'grazing reserves' on its tracks.
Re: Fani Kayode Bags Igbo Title For Leadership Of Southern Nigeria by Nobody: 4:47am On May 03, 2017
Governor Ifeanyi Okowa of Delt a State has also joined the ranks with his efforts to put a Fayose-style law to prevent grazing reserves in Delta State. The South is surely uniting behind a unity of purpose.

Gone are the days when opposition to 'grazing reserves' was confined to online human rights activists from the South. Our political leaders have heard us loud and clear, and are now in the forefront. #YesToCommercialRanching #NoToGrazingReserve

1 Like

Re: Fani Kayode Bags Igbo Title For Leadership Of Southern Nigeria by DropShot: 4:50am On May 03, 2017
Fani Kayode a Yoruba leader or a Yoruba tout?

I am sure not even his household will be deceived to believing the agbero is a Yoruba leader.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fani Kayode Bags Igbo Title For Leadership Of Southern Nigeria by Nobody: 5:01am On May 03, 2017
DropShot:
Fani Kayode a Yoruba leader or a Yoruba tout?

I am sure not even his household will be deceived to believing the agbero is a Yoruba leader.
If agitating peacefuly for the God-given rights of one's people means one is a tout, then let him proudly be one.

Fani Kayode is a principled fighter who doesn't care if you are the leader of APC or his political colleague in the PDP. If he believes President Buhari is being unfairly treated tommorow, he will raise his voice in Buhari's defence. If he believes rightly or wrongly that you are being unjustly treated he will talk. And when he talks, sensible ones listen.

Odumagu Fani Kayode believes in speaking truth to power, and the South appreciates his services. Even Southern Kaduna appreciates him. He is a correct Omoluabi.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fani Kayode Bags Igbo Title For Leadership Of Southern Nigeria by Atiku2019: 5:14am On May 03, 2017
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Fani Kayode Bags Igbo Title For Leadership Of Southern Nigeria by Curlieweed: 5:18am On May 03, 2017
igbodefender:
If agitating peacefuly for the God-given rights of one's people means one is a tout, then let him proudly be one.

Fani Kayode is a principled fighter who doesn't care if you are the leader of APC or his political colleague in the PDP. If he believes President Buhari is being unfairly treated tommorow, he will raise his voice in Buhari's defence. If he believes rightly or wrongly that you are being unjustly treated he will talk. And when he talks, sensible ones listen.

Odumagu Fani Kayode believes in speaking truth to power, and the South appreciates his services. Even Southern Kaduna appreciates him. He is a correct Omoluabi.

Right now we can regard FFK as a useful idiot but his antecedents show that the dude is clearly mentally unbalanced. For god's sake this is an aviation minister that alleged that evil spirits were responsible for plane crashes.

I think we should get real.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fani Kayode Bags Igbo Title For Leadership Of Southern Nigeria by GavelSlam: 5:26am On May 03, 2017
igbodefender:

I know he sleeps with Igbo girls.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fani Kayode Bags Igbo Title For Leadership Of Southern Nigeria by Pavore9: 5:28am On May 03, 2017
igbodefender:

It seems the word PRINCIPLED has got a new meaning! A man's antecedent speaks loudly for him....a word is a enough for the wise.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fani Kayode Bags Igbo Title For Leadership Of Southern Nigeria by jericco1(m): 5:35am On May 03, 2017
2019. Odogunaya indeed.
Make friends now cause you'll need them later. FFK knows how it works

1 Like

Re: Fani Kayode Bags Igbo Title For Leadership Of Southern Nigeria by Nobody: 5:49am On May 03, 2017
GavelSlam:

I know he sleeps with Igbo girls.
And plenty Igbo boys sleep with Yoruba girls. Kini big deal?After all we are one South just as the North is one North. Next.

2 Likes

Re: Fani Kayode Bags Igbo Title For Leadership Of Southern Nigeria by diportivo: 5:51am On May 03, 2017
if this is true,den lipsrsealed

or,the famous line comes into play....give FFK food and he will sing

grin grin

FFK??.....leader

2 Likes

Re: Fani Kayode Bags Igbo Title For Leadership Of Southern Nigeria by Nobody: 5:53am On May 03, 2017
Pavore9:

It seems the word PRINCIPLED has got a new meaning! A man's antecedent speaks loudly for him....a word is a enough for the wise.
His antecedents are clear: Defend the South by speaking the truth to power. And besides, every Saul has his Damascus experience.

2 Likes

Re: Fani Kayode Bags Igbo Title For Leadership Of Southern Nigeria by Nobody: 5:57am On May 03, 2017
diportivo:
if this is true,den lipsrsealed

or,the famous line comes into play....give FFK food and he will sing

grin grin

FFK??.....leader

That was an innacurate depiction of the man. All the arrests he has faces have not stopped him from singing the same song: 'Let there be dignity of life for Southern Nigeria'. And guess what, millions of Southern Nigerians like that song.' If Buhari is being unjustly treated tommorow, the same Fani Kayode would sing for his freedom.

4 Likes

Re: Fani Kayode Bags Igbo Title For Leadership Of Southern Nigeria by GavelSlam: 5:59am On May 03, 2017
igbodefender:
And plenty Igbo boys sleep with Yoruba girls. Kini big deal?After all we are one South just as the North is one North. Next.

Next what?

I'm only agreeing with you.

FFK is an advocate for sexual liaisons with Igbo women.

He's made reference to it in the past a la bianca.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fani Kayode Bags Igbo Title For Leadership Of Southern Nigeria by SweetJoystick(m): 6:00am On May 03, 2017
Them for kuku give am Ojukwu wife too and land

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fani Kayode Bags Igbo Title For Leadership Of Southern Nigeria by Nobody: 6:13am On May 03, 2017
GavelSlam:

Next what?

I'm only agreeing with you.

FFK is an advocate for sexual liaisons with Igbo women.

He's made reference to it in the past a la bianca.

Forgive my quick response, Sire. Was only trying to point out that he is very likely to have been quoted out of context. Platonic relations between the two sexes remains reality, even today.

3 Likes

Re: Fani Kayode Bags Igbo Title For Leadership Of Southern Nigeria by Nobody: 6:15am On May 03, 2017
SweetJoystick:
Them for kuku give am Ojukwu wife too and land
Platonic relationship is a reality.

4 Likes

Re: Fani Kayode Bags Igbo Title For Leadership Of Southern Nigeria by Nobody: 6:19am On May 03, 2017
Odumagu Omoluabi Fani Kayode is on the right track.
Re: Fani Kayode Bags Igbo Title For Leadership Of Southern Nigeria by GavelSlam: 6:28am On May 03, 2017
I'm wondering how much of the Igbo customs and traditions he respects and honours.

For instance, the celebration of marriage with the kindred and paying of bride price to the family of his partner.
How this is overlooked in Ndigbo whilst conferring a traditional title is slightly befuddling.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fani Kayode Bags Igbo Title For Leadership Of Southern Nigeria by inourcare: 6:35am On May 03, 2017
Well, Getting There!
Re: Fani Kayode Bags Igbo Title For Leadership Of Southern Nigeria by Pavore9: 6:46am On May 03, 2017
igbodefender:

His antecedents are clear: Defend the South by speaking the truth to power. And besides, every Saul has his Damascus experience.

Every Saul has his Damascus experience that leads to a renewal. The question time will answer is, is this a renewal? Politicians irrespective of political affiliation, are masters of flips with intent of capturing the undiscerning mind.

The true colour of a man is best captured by his household not passerbys!

Lest I forget, has he properly married our sister he is living with?

2 Likes

Re: Fani Kayode Bags Igbo Title For Leadership Of Southern Nigeria by Nobody: 6:52am On May 03, 2017
Pavore9:

Every Saul has his Damascus experience that leads to a renewal. The question time will answer is, is this a renewal? Politicians irrespective of political affiliation, are masters of flips with intent of capturing the undiscerning mind.

Well, I think 'properly' is best defined by the woman in question.

1 Like

Re: Fani Kayode Bags Igbo Title For Leadership Of Southern Nigeria by AlhajiSpray(m): 6:54am On May 03, 2017
igbodefender:

Odumagu [b]Fani Kayode believes in speaking truth to power, [/b]and the South appreciates his services. Even Southern Kaduna appreciates him. He is a correct Omoluabi.

grin grin grin

My god! These jews sef?

3 Likes

Re: Fani Kayode Bags Igbo Title For Leadership Of Southern Nigeria by Pavore9: 6:59am On May 03, 2017
Statsocial:

Well, I think 'properly' is best defined by the woman in question.

A woman does not define, just like my sister can not be living with a man and a have a child with him without him having paid her dowry and still wants us to accept that she is a married woman.......Tradition defines! Unless FFK paid her dowry without it reaching the social media! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Fani Kayode Bags Igbo Title For Leadership Of Southern Nigeria by Nobody: 7:17am On May 03, 2017
Pavore9:

A woman does not define, just like my sister can not be living with a man and a have a child with him without him having paid her dowry and still wants us to accept that she is a married woman.......Tradition defines! Unless FFK paid her dowry without it reaching the social media! cheesy
The Yoruba culture is fully behind Bride price. So I see no reason why he wouldn't have paid. But there are people who don't care much for tradition or religion...

1 Like

Re: Fani Kayode Bags Igbo Title For Leadership Of Southern Nigeria by Nobody: 7:23am On May 03, 2017
GavelSlam:
I'm wondering how much of the Igbo customs and traditions he respects and honours.

For instance the celebration of marriage with the kindred and paying of bride price to the family of his partner.
How this is overlooked in Ndigbo whilst conferring a traditional title is slightly befuddling.
His private life and his public life are entirely different things, Sir. Besides, he never claimed to be a saint, did he?
Re: Fani Kayode Bags Igbo Title For Leadership Of Southern Nigeria by Pavore9: 7:23am On May 03, 2017
Statsocial:

The Yoruba culture is fully behind Bride price. So I see no reason why he wouldn't have paid. But there are people who don't care much for tradition or religion...

Tradition is important. Even some Oyinbos married to Nigerian women felt happy coming down to marry their wives traditionally​.

Bride price knots families and generations, even the Bible do not frown against it.

5 Likes

Re: Fani Kayode Bags Igbo Title For Leadership Of Southern Nigeria by Nobody: 7:26am On May 03, 2017
Pavore9:

It is up to us to remind the lovebirds that there is something they are still forgeting, and I'm sure they would do the needful.
Re: Fani Kayode Bags Igbo Title For Leadership Of Southern Nigeria by Pavore9: 7:30am On May 03, 2017
igbodefender:
His private life and his public life are entirely different things, Sir. Besides, he never claimed to be a saint, did he?

You are igbo defender, don't give the impression that in igbo culture there is nothing wrong living with an igbo woman that the man has not paid dowry on....Can you boldly address such a man as "ogo" (in-law).

You don't claim to identify with a people, you don't respect their values.

3 Likes

Re: Fani Kayode Bags Igbo Title For Leadership Of Southern Nigeria by IamPatriotic(m): 7:35am On May 03, 2017
With or without succession, it's win win situation for the Yoruba nation, as it now, some of our outcasts like Fani Kayode and Ayo Fayose will be the supreme leaders in their biafra republic.

1 Like

Re: Fani Kayode Bags Igbo Title For Leadership Of Southern Nigeria by GavelSlam: 7:52am On May 03, 2017
igbodefender:

Really?

Do as I say not as I do.

The Nigerian way.

1 Like

Re: Fani Kayode Bags Igbo Title For Leadership Of Southern Nigeria by Nobody: 7:57am On May 03, 2017
Fani kayode is the leader of the flat heads. Never in your life call a bianca ojuku's panty sniffer a yoruba leader.
He is greater than ojuku and every dead and living flat heads

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Young Biafran Man Begins Mass Production Of Biafran Shoes / Biafra: IPOB Again Drags Nigerian Government, Buhari To UN / See FFK Deleted Tweet Blasting PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.