Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,504 members, 7,819,829 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

Nigeria Owes China $3.22bn —NBS - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria Owes China $3.22bn —NBS (36478 Views)

Foreign Reserves Gain $1.22bn In 11 Days / Mayorall Cargo,buy & Ship From Usa/china $3.99/ Ibs,laptop $30,phone $8, #310/$ / Innocent Chukwuma: GT Bank Owes Me N6 Billion - Innoson Says In Interview(Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Owes China $3.22bn —NBS by truehero(m): 1:17pm On May 03, 2017
All we hear is debt..debt..debt. From states to fed and little or nothing to show for it. Nigeria is a failed state.
Re: Nigeria Owes China $3.22bn —NBS by Nobody: 1:19pm On May 03, 2017
maxiuc:
please can you provide ur facts

Incurable upgraded zombie

diseased doomed wailer... go and quote someone else m0ron.
Re: Nigeria Owes China $3.22bn —NBS by Repairnigeria(m): 1:21pm On May 03, 2017
see money
Re: Nigeria Owes China $3.22bn —NBS by Nobody: 1:24pm On May 03, 2017
From when to when please?
Re: Nigeria Owes China $3.22bn —NBS by unite4real: 1:34pm On May 03, 2017
dragonking2:
My goodness shocked shocked shocked

The incompetent illiterate dullard has totally destroyed this country. cry cry

Buhari is evil wahali angry

The U.S. debt to China is $1.059 trillion, as of February 2017. That's 27.8 percent of the $3.8 trillion in Treasury bills, notes, and bonds held by foreign countries. The rest of the $19.9 trillion national debt is owned by either the American people or by the U.S. government itself.

https://www.thebalance.com/u-s-debt-to-china-how-much-does-it-own-3306355
Re: Nigeria Owes China $3.22bn —NBS by donqx: 1:35pm On May 03, 2017
gbese
Re: Nigeria Owes China $3.22bn —NBS by Nobody: 1:36pm On May 03, 2017
is that a problem? can't central bank just print the money and pay them back? mtcheeew stupid news.
Re: Nigeria Owes China $3.22bn —NBS by obailala(m): 1:39pm On May 03, 2017
Re: Nigeria Owes China $3.22bn —NBS by RaeMystix: 1:39pm On May 03, 2017
JB01:
Sebi we heard that Dieziani has returned $90 billion. undecided
You beat me to that comment. Where the heck is the $90b that they had retrieved from that criminal? Has it gotten into the hands of other criminals?.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Owes China $3.22bn —NBS by Nobody: 1:40pm On May 03, 2017
With all these debt we are in/incurring, I only hope in the future we won't have a "modernised slave trade" where citizens of debtor countries will have to go labour in creditor countries for free. I wonder who we will blame then... whether APC or PDP.
Re: Nigeria Owes China $3.22bn —NBS by Pro2makx(m): 1:46pm On May 03, 2017
dragonking2:
Where is omenkalives ngenekwenu hungerbad and sarrki the onigbese patriotic zombie?

Please come and tell us what Buhari did with this huge debt on our necks. angry angry
Sorry, they can't be here. No balls to handle this
Re: Nigeria Owes China $3.22bn —NBS by thunderbabs: 1:48pm On May 03, 2017
Gbese re oooo!!!
Re: Nigeria Owes China $3.22bn —NBS by obailala(m): 1:49pm On May 03, 2017
dragonking2:
My goodness shocked shocked shocked

The incompetent illiterate dullard has totally destroyed this country. cry cry

Buhari is evil wahali angry
Pro2makx:

Sorry, they can't be here. No balls to handle this
A large chunk of that amount was borrowed by your messiah even though Nigeria enjoyed unprecedented oil income boom at his time. If I remember, NOI already announced Nigeria was borrowing about $2billion to even pay salaries in early 2015 because the drop in oil price had severely affected Nigeria's income. Meanwhile at the time, oil still sold above $60 and the oil crash had only lasted few months.
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/182543-nigerian-govt-borrowing-billions-to-pay-salaries-okonjo-iweala.html

Fast-forward to the new regime, oil price dropped to as low as $28 in early 2016 and the oil crisis has now lasted over 2 years. But you think the last guys (your messiahs) are geniuses while it's the current guys who ruined Nigeria?.. You both should be clapping for yasefs!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Owes China $3.22bn —NBS by Nobody: 1:51pm On May 03, 2017
The next generation of Government(if am right)will inherit this and will pay dearly
Re: Nigeria Owes China $3.22bn —NBS by dragonking2: 1:53pm On May 03, 2017
obailala:

A large chunk of that amount was borrowed by your messiah even though Nigeria enjoyed unprecedented oil income boom at his time. If I remember, NOI already announced Nigeria was borrowing about $2billion to even pay salaries in early 2015 because the drop in oil price had severely affected Nigeria's income. Meanwhile at the time, oil still sold above $60 and the oil crash had only lasted few months.
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/182543-nigerian-govt-borrowing-billions-to-pay-salaries-okonjo-iweala.html

Fast-forward to the new regime, oil price dropped to as low as $28 in early 2016 and the oil crisis has now lasted over 2 years. But you think the last guys (your messiahs) are geniuses while it's the current guys who ruined Nigeria?.. You both should be clapping for yasefs!
Show us proof that they borrowed from china.

Something like this.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/04/buhari-heads-to-china-to-borrow-2bn/

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Owes China $3.22bn —NBS by Ruggedpen: 1:53pm On May 03, 2017
Mophasa:
And the fg is still planning to borrow more

Smh
he want to sale Nigeria to china is remaining small money now the money will be complete.
Re: Nigeria Owes China $3.22bn —NBS by mybestlove(m): 1:53pm On May 03, 2017
Wait o. Upon all the mouth Lagos state is making, and upon on the resources the boost if making, Lagos is the highest debtor amongst Nigerian states.
Idonbelivit. Tinubu really has Lagos under his bondage.
What?
Re: Nigeria Owes China $3.22bn —NBS by obailala(m): 2:07pm On May 03, 2017
dragonking2:
Show us proof that they borrowed from china.

Something like this.

Oh! the problem now isn't about borrowing?... Borrowing from CHINA is now the crime?

Chaii! Bros why?
Re: Nigeria Owes China $3.22bn —NBS by dragonking2: 2:08pm On May 03, 2017
obailala:
Oh! the problem now isn't about borrowing?... Borrowing from CHINA is now the crime?

Chaii!
I have warned you before that your problem is comprehension. What is the topic of this thread eh? I have shown you proof where your master buhari borrowed about that sum yet you want to attach it to GEJ as usual. Clowns

Re: Nigeria Owes China $3.22bn —NBS by Ellixlimswag(m): 2:10pm On May 03, 2017
jericco1:
That's an awful lot of money, thank God we didn't end up borrowing that $30b
na him davido borrow
Re: Nigeria Owes China $3.22bn —NBS by obailala(m): 2:12pm On May 03, 2017
dragonking2:
I have warned you before that your problem is comprehension. What is the topic of this thread eh? I have shown you proof where your master buhari borrowed about that sum yet you want to attach it to GEJ as usual. Clowns

SO because the topic talks about borrowing from China, I'm no longer allowed to talk about other borrowings?.... In your opinion, you think borrowing from China is a crime which deserves the unsavoury words you labelled Buhari, but you don't think borrowing from other places (as was done by other leaders (including the one you revere) should even be discussed?

Meanwhile are you aware part of that money owed to China includes the $500million from Exim bank used to fund the Abuja to Kaduna railway?

Among the 2 of us, there is certainly only one buffoon here!
Re: Nigeria Owes China $3.22bn —NBS by Pro2makx(m): 2:25pm On May 03, 2017
obailala:

Yeah, ofcourse, as usual, fvcking blame it on the last guy.
Didn't your party say it had the balls to set the last guys wrongs right?
How does plunging Nigeria into such outrageous Dept explain that. All you r ever good at is defending successive failures.
God bless the previous guy.
Re: Nigeria Owes China $3.22bn —NBS by dragonking2: 2:29pm On May 03, 2017
obailala:
SO because the topic talks about borrowing from China, I'm no longer allowed to talk about general borrowings?.... In your opinion, because the topic says 'China' so therefore, borrowing from elsewhere shouldn't be regarded? angry
Stick to the topic of the thread, if you cant, just make your own comment here without quoting me.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-09-08/nigeria-s-presidency-approves-borrowing-from-world-bank-china
Re: Nigeria Owes China $3.22bn —NBS by obailala(m): 2:30pm On May 03, 2017
Pro2makx:

Yeah, ofcourse, as usual, fvcking blame it on the last guy.
Didn't your party say it had the balls to set the last guys wrongs right?
How does plunging Nigeria into such outrageous Dept explain that. All you r ever good at is defending successive failures.
God bless the previous guy.
No I'm not blaming it on the last guy, I was only calling out the senselessness of the other guy you supported who's calling the president names because he borrowed money from China. Meanwhile the guy actually reveres a Jonathan who not only equally borrowed money from the same China (I'm sure $500million of that amount mentioned was borrowed by the last govt), but also did so despite the fact that Nigeria had far far more money during his regime.

I'm sorry, it's not my best desire to defend any govt because they're all useless, but I hate seeing such provocative nonsense being displayed by die-hard jonathanians.
Re: Nigeria Owes China $3.22bn —NBS by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 2:32pm On May 03, 2017
ifyan:

Wait did you also fall their propaganda.

Hmm Nigerians

So you mean Nigeria is not actually owing any debt?
Re: Nigeria Owes China $3.22bn —NBS by obailala(m): 2:38pm On May 03, 2017
dragonking2:
Stick to the topic of the thread, if you cant, just make your own comment here without quoting me.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-09-08/nigeria-s-presidency-approves-borrowing-from-world-bank-china

First of all, I am not one of your typical half-baked fellows who only read a topic and proceed to drop comments. If you had read the body of the report (as opposed to just the title), you would have realised that the report covered all of Nigeria's debts, and not just those from China. So I wonder what other topic you're expecting me to stick to.

Now back to your useless comment, it is completely senseless to insult someone for borrowing from China (at a critical economic season), but still revere another who borrowed from elsewhere (even when he enjoyed an income explosion); that has to be the height of buffoonery.

And just so you know, that one you revere actually also borrowed from the same CHina. So just run-off and go educate yourself before coming here to spew childish trash...

http://newsrescue.com/revealed-president-jonathan-borrowed-money-finance-rail-projects-repair-airports/
http://www.voanews.com/a/nigeria-chinese-loans/1694725.html
Re: Nigeria Owes China $3.22bn —NBS by ifyan(m): 2:45pm On May 03, 2017
ISTANDWITHBUHAR:

So you mean Nigeria is not actually owing any debt?

Yes Nigeria was owing dept.
Re: Nigeria Owes China $3.22bn —NBS by Nobody: 2:45pm On May 03, 2017
unite4real:

The U.S. debt to China is $1.059 trillion, as of February 2017. That's 27.8 percent of the $3.8 trillion in Treasury bills, notes, and bonds held by foreign countries. The rest of the $19.9 trillion national debt is owned by either the American people or by the U.S. government itself.

https://www.thebalance.com/u-s-debt-to-china-how-much-does-it-own-3306355

If China like let them choke on it I'm not going to pay for what I don't know of... I drop the hammer
Re: Nigeria Owes China $3.22bn —NBS by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 2:49pm On May 03, 2017
ifyan:

Yes Nigeria was owing dept.

So what was the propaganda there?
Re: Nigeria Owes China $3.22bn —NBS by 989900: 2:55pm On May 03, 2017
"Chicken change".
Re: Nigeria Owes China $3.22bn —NBS by ifyan(m): 2:56pm On May 03, 2017
ISTANDWITHBUHAR:

So what was the propaganda there?

Him and his party criticism to the previous administration

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Meet Passy, Passyxchange CEO, Offor Paschal Chineme (photos) / Tony Elumelu Shares Pictures With Family On Easter / CBN Gives Customers BVN Reprieve

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.