Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,499 members, 7,865,104 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 12:24 PM

Real Cause Of Fire Incident At Oba Of Lagos Palace Revealed - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Real Cause Of Fire Incident At Oba Of Lagos Palace Revealed (611 Views)

Otedola’s Wife, Nana & Daughter Escape A Fire incident At Their London Apartment / Tboss Breaks Her Silence on Kemen incident, AY Live (Video), see fan reactions. / Photos From The Fire Incident At Banky W's Home In Lekki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Real Cause Of Fire Incident At Oba Of Lagos Palace Revealed by Onyejemechimere(m): 9:31am On May 03, 2017
Real cause of the fire outbreak at a section of the palace of the Oba of Lagos, Rilwan Akiolu has been revealed.

It was gathered that the fire emanated from an air conditioner in the palace around 1.30pm, with smoke covering to the sky. The incident attracted a mammoth crowd to the royal abode.

[img]www.fotor.com-2017-05-03-09-27-28.jpeg">https://2.bp..com/-4TTprnxG45k/WQmUe9FBJrI/AAAAAAAAFkc/xDzhGuX37Jkppgn3FMjUpKOLMaQ6jX66ACLcB/s1600/screenshot-www.fotor.com-2017-05-03-09-27-28.jpeg[/img]

Punch quoted a source as saying that Oba Akiolu was around when the incident happened.

He said the palace authorities did not want to speak to people on the fire.

He said, “The fire started around 1.30pm. The fire service arrived 1.50pm. Except the emergency officials, nobody was allowed to enter. The gate was shut. A lot of policemen were on the ground.

“The fire started from one of the air conditioners in the palace. I learnt the kabiyesi (Akiolu) was inside the palace when the incident happened.”

He said the palace gate was, however, shut to the crowd as firefighters from the Lagos State Fire Service, Sari Iganmu and Ilupeju stations, battled with the fire. It was eventually quenched around 3.30pm.

The Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, ASP Olarinde Famous-Cole, who confirmed the incident, said that the situation had been brought under control.

He said, “The state and federal fire services, Julius Berger and United Bank for Africa fire services, as well as LASEMA, were on the ground. They put out the fire around 3.30pm. No life was lost.

“The Commissioner of Police, Fatai Owoseni, and other senior officers were also at the scene. Investigations are ongoing to ascertain the cause of the fire.”

The incident came barely one week after the Oba publicly shunned the Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi.

There were claims by a certain Tunde Awoyeni that the palace would invoke the wrath of his ancestors on the Oba of Lagos, Oba Rilwan Akiolu.

Oba Ogunwusi in his reacting deniedplanning to curse Oba Akiolu.

Meanwhile, Nigerians are claiming that the fire incident was as a result of him snubbing the Ooni of Ife in the public almost a week ago.

http://www.lailasblog.com/2017/05/real-cause-of-fire-incident-at-oba-of.html

cc: Lalasticlala, Mynd44
Re: Real Cause Of Fire Incident At Oba Of Lagos Palace Revealed by Onyejemechimere(m): 9:31am On May 03, 2017
His palace has not burnt until he snubbed the OONi...Of I lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

And someone from the OOni's palace said the Wrath of Go lipsrsealed lipsrsealed will....If The OBAfemi martins does not apologise
You want us to believe That an innocent Air condition had a hand in the...

1 Like

Re: Real Cause Of Fire Incident At Oba Of Lagos Palace Revealed by josephine123: 9:36am On May 03, 2017
ok... let me just do as if i believed your story
Re: Real Cause Of Fire Incident At Oba Of Lagos Palace Revealed by crazymommy(f): 9:37am On May 03, 2017
Onyejemechimere:
His palace has not burnt until he snubbed the OONi...Of I lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

And someone from the OOni's palace said the Wrath of Go lipsrsealed lipsrsealed will....If The OBAfemi martins does not apologise
You want us to believe That an innocent Air condition had a hand in the...
Is it your palace??

Re: Real Cause Of Fire Incident At Oba Of Lagos Palace Revealed by daamazing(m): 9:54am On May 03, 2017
josephine123:
ok... let me just do as if i believed your story
you believe, you nor believe, your opinions no epp us to make buhari go office grin

Re: Real Cause Of Fire Incident At Oba Of Lagos Palace Revealed by OGsteven(m): 10:18am On May 03, 2017
The oba of lagoon shouldn't be blamed tho...he is always angry at himself self...he frowns in all of his pictures...lol

(1) (Reply)

Mercy Aigbe Coughing Blood One Week After Being Beaten - Commissioner Reveals / Rukky Sanda Glows In New Photos / I Once Lived In One-room With My Mother’- I Go Dye Reveals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.