Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

Dare Omotoso On Trial For Stealing Granite - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dare Omotoso On Trial For Stealing Granite (15459 Views)

Lagos Assembly Denies Three Nominees, Confirms Omotoso, Igbokwe / Samuel Omotoso: House Linked By EFCC To Fayose Is Mine / Shehu Sani Awaiting Trial For Treason At Kirikiri Prison In 1995 (Throwback Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dare Omotoso On Trial For Stealing Granite by nurex01(m): 5:26pm On May 03, 2017
timbs001:
The stomach infrastructure programme no reach the commissioner side? cheesy
Re: Dare Omotoso On Trial For Stealing Granite by nurex01(m): 5:46pm On May 03, 2017
ibson99:
just 5m this one na hungry commissioner
Re: Dare Omotoso On Trial For Stealing Granite by maasoap(m): 5:52pm On May 03, 2017
ibson99:
just 5m this one na hungry commissioner
That's a good encouragement from you. Thumbs up for you. SMH.
Re: Dare Omotoso On Trial For Stealing Granite by samotosh4(m): 6:00pm On May 03, 2017
please let's have a look at his
picture shocked cry kiss embarassed angry shocked tongue cry
Re: Dare Omotoso On Trial For Stealing Granite by Nobody: 6:44pm On May 03, 2017
okay.
Re: Dare Omotoso On Trial For Stealing Granite by ajiifixing(m): 7:13pm On May 03, 2017
Since Ekiti became Biafra they have started behaving like .......

Biafra
Re: Dare Omotoso On Trial For Stealing Granite by shegoly(m): 7:27pm On May 03, 2017
Ekiti state.......why?
Re: Dare Omotoso On Trial For Stealing Granite by erico2k2(m): 8:12pm On May 03, 2017
nurex01:
The Police on Wednesday arraigned the Commissioner 2 in the Local Government Service Commission, in Ekiti State, Dare Omotoso, before an Ado-Ekiti Chief Magistrate’s Court for allegedly stealing granite worth over N5m.

According to the charge sheet, Omotoso between August and September 2016 stole granites and stone dust valued at N5, 140, 800.00, belonging to Primadet and Co. Ltd.

The offence is contrary to Section 390(9) Criminal Code C16 Laws of Ekiti State 2012.

Omotoso, 64, pleaded not guilty when the charge was read to him.

The Police Prosecutor, Inspector Caleb Leramo, told the court that he had assembled five witnesses to testify against the accused person in the course of the trial.

He, however, applied for an adjournment to study the case file and documents relevant to the case.

The Defence counsel, O.B. Farounbi, urged the court to grant Omotoso bail in line with Section 15 of Ekiti State Administration of Criminal Justice Act 2013.

He promised that his client would not jump bail and would be present for trial.

The lawyer described his client as “a well-respected person in the society who is serving as a commissioner in the state.”

Chief Magistrate Adesoji Adegboye granted Omotoso bail in the sum of N500,000 and two sureties with verifiable addresses in like sum.

One of the two sureties, according to the magistrate, must be a senior civil servant.

He subsequently adjourned the case till June 9 for hearing.

http://punchng.com/ekiti-commissioner-on-trial-for-stealing-granite/

Lubish case, how can He steal N5m worth of granite, and the owner knew nothing about it.silly if you ask me.
Re: Dare Omotoso On Trial For Stealing Granite by nurex01(m): 10:13pm On May 03, 2017
shegoly:
Ekiti state.......why?

I don't know o
Re: Dare Omotoso On Trial For Stealing Granite by nurex01(m): 10:18pm On May 03, 2017
erico2k2:

Lubish case, how can He steal N5m worth of granite, and the owner knew nothing about it.silly if you ask me.

Anything happens in Nigeria. We're in Nigeria. Okay?
Re: Dare Omotoso On Trial For Stealing Granite by nurex01(m): 10:20pm On May 03, 2017
When you go to abroad and they know u are from Nigeria. They will say NIGERIA grin grin grin
Re: Dare Omotoso On Trial For Stealing Granite by erico2k2(m): 10:22pm On May 03, 2017
nurex01:

Anything happens in Nigeria. We're in Nigeria. Okay?
meaning?
Re: Dare Omotoso On Trial For Stealing Granite by nurex01(m): 10:31pm On May 03, 2017
erico2k2:

meaning?

I said it can happen o.
Re: Dare Omotoso On Trial For Stealing Granite by erico2k2(m): 10:40pm On May 03, 2017
nurex01:

I said it can happen o.
chk the volume in question,30 tone granite cost N230K in PHC which is far from source,.So you can imagine the quantity at that price and the location is very close to source then you will realize this news makes no sense or waht I said does make sense
Re: Dare Omotoso On Trial For Stealing Granite by nurex01(m): 11:10pm On May 03, 2017
Anyhow but let's await the judgement.
Re: Dare Omotoso On Trial For Stealing Granite by gloryforall: 11:42pm On May 03, 2017
don't always sit there and wonder how its done, you too can be a winner with me. my next game drops tomorrow, see photos below for contact details and thank me later..

Re: Dare Omotoso On Trial For Stealing Granite by merineze: 10:24am On May 06, 2017
nurex01:

I said it can happen o.
Let's apply logic here.is 5.2m worth of granite so handy that it can b packed?and could the man have gone to steal it from the owners quarry or he left 5.2m worth of granit e in front of his house?something is hidden here.
Re: Dare Omotoso On Trial For Stealing Granite by taiwoplatinum: 8:56pm On May 06, 2017
This story just doesn't cut it. I run a quarry and. #5m worth of granite & stone dust is about 10trucks. 10 trucks loaded with granite and conveyed without anyone noticing. Maybe there was a disagreement
Re: Dare Omotoso On Trial For Stealing Granite by nurex01(m): 9:30pm On May 06, 2017
taiwoplatinum:
This story just doesn't cut it. I run a quarry and. #5m worth of granite & stone dust is about 10trucks. 10 trucks loaded with granite and conveyed without anyone noticing. Maybe there was a disagreement

It might be agreement wasn't reached between the two parties. Have this at d back of ur mind: Rich people will always prefer to buy the properties of the poor than to help them with a token. It might be one out played the other.
Re: Dare Omotoso On Trial For Stealing Granite by merineze: 11:45pm On May 06, 2017
I doubt this case has any element of reality or truth.the owner probably has gone to waste the precious time of the court.or rather 2018 election Don start for Ekiti.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Operation Lafia Dole: troops Arrest 3 Boko Haram Terrorists(photos) / N30,000 Minimum Wage: Salivating Workers Await End To Waiting Game / Crises Threaten APC In Kaduna, Kano, Kebbi, Yobe, Zamfara, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.