Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,124 members, 7,814,940 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

Why Do Muslim Males Kneel When Peeing And Christian Males Do Not? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Do Muslim Males Kneel When Peeing And Christian Males Do Not? (15397 Views)

Why Do Muslim Females Make Very Beautiful Hairstlyles To Eventually Cover It Up? / Why Do Muslim Men Wear Short Trousers / Why Do Muslim Guys Prefer To Date Christians Girls? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Muslim Males Kneel When Peeing And Christian Males Do Not? by Jroy(m): 7:52pm On Apr 09, 2010
I noticed that all muslim males kneel when urinating. But non of the christian do that. Why is that so?
Re: Why Do Muslim Males Kneel When Peeing And Christian Males Do Not? by Fhemmmy: 7:55pm On Apr 09, 2010
I am yet to see any do that
Re: Why Do Muslim Males Kneel When Peeing And Christian Males Do Not? by Synthase(m): 8:26pm On Apr 09, 2010
Not all, but common among the abokis
Re: Why Do Muslim Males Kneel When Peeing And Christian Males Do Not? by Deen4me(m): 11:41am On Apr 10, 2010
Muslims prefer to Urinate in a squatting position. For 2 major reasons

1. As a precaution against getting drops or splashes of urine on ones clothes.

2. The squatting position also serves to better conceal ones privates from the public view.

This a situation for which the place of urination is not covered from other people.

For a situation where it is a toilet. it may not be necessary to urinate squatting as long as you are sure urine will not splatter on your clothes

Either standing or squatting, the point is to protect ones privates from public view and also prevent urine from splashing on ones clothes.

As urine is considered an impurity that if ones get soiled with it.You cannot pray in those clothes until you are clean.

And Allaah knows best

1 Like

Re: Why Do Muslim Males Kneel When Peeing And Christian Males Do Not? by Jroy(m): 12:14pm On Apr 10, 2010
Thanks dude.
Re: Why Do Muslim Males Kneel When Peeing And Christian Males Do Not? by abrahym(m): 12:17pm On Apr 10, 2010
Tradition
Re: Why Do Muslim Males Kneel When Peeing And Christian Males Do Not? by nuclearboy(m): 3:45pm On Apr 11, 2010
@Deen4me:

Makes a lot of sense from the point of view of splashing urine. However, and I don't know if I'm the only one who noticed this, these people in the absence of water, grab some sand and "wash" their privates with it by rubbing sand over it. Biology teaches this to be much much dirtier and dangerous than urinewhich even though reprehensible, some people drink in the name of alternative therapy.

Why would you squat for cleaniless THEN use sand as water to wash your privates. Haven't you defeated the purpose?
Re: Why Do Muslim Males Kneel When Peeing And Christian Males Do Not? by KunleOshob(m): 4:16pm On Apr 11, 2010
@Post
Docrines of Men base on Arabic traditions.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Muslim Males Kneel When Peeing And Christian Males Do Not? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Apr 11, 2010
KunleOshob:

@Post

absolutely
Re: Why Do Muslim Males Kneel When Peeing And Christian Males Do Not? by Deen4me(m): 8:41am On Apr 12, 2010
@ Nuclearboy

Islam teaches us to use water for purification after relieving oneself whenever and wherever possible. However, in cases where water is not available, or water becomes scarce, or unusable because of sickness or other valid reasons, we are allowed to have recourse to pebbles, leaves, paper or any clean substance, for wiping oneself clean of the filth as much as possible. While cleaning ourselves in this way, we must ensure that the entire surface is wiped clean without leaving any discernible trace of filth.

Scholars of Islam have unanimously decided that, for purposes of purification after relieving oneself, clean toilet paper is as good as pebbles or leaves when water is not readily available or cannot be used.

In short, clean toilet paper is quite sufficient to rid oneself of impurity for the purposes of Salah (Prayer) and recitation of the Quran , once accompanied by wudu’ (ablution) or tayammum (dry ablution).

In relation to the scenario which you have stated if there was no water available for the person to clean himself he is allowed to use any other clean material to rid the filth off himself,but note that what is recommended is the use of water.

This is my opinion.

And Allah Knows Best
Re: Why Do Muslim Males Kneel When Peeing And Christian Males Do Not? by chakula: 11:56am On Apr 12, 2010
Right.
Re: Why Do Muslim Males Kneel When Peeing And Christian Males Do Not? by jiddah: 1:13pm On Apr 16, 2010
@ Deen4me

well said.
Re: Why Do Muslim Males Kneel When Peeing And Christian Males Do Not? by Deen4me(m): 10:02am On Apr 17, 2010
@ jiddah

Thank You

May Allah continue to Guide Us and Increase Us in Beneficial Knowledge
Re: Why Do Muslim Males Kneel When Peeing And Christian Males Do Not? by Abuzola1(m): 8:12pm On Apr 19, 2010
Narrated Abdullah ibn umar. When the Holy Prophet (P.B.U.H) wanted to relieve himself, he would not raise his garment untill he had lowered himself near the ground.
(Abu DAWUD, Book 1, number 14)
Re: Why Do Muslim Males Kneel When Peeing And Christian Males Do Not? by Abuzola1(m): 8:35pm On Apr 19, 2010
Like my brother said, the squating is to avoid splashing of the urine to the feet,,
check this out_
Narrated Hudhaifah-The Apostle of Allah (P.B.U.H) came to a midden of some people and urinated while standing, He then asked for water and wiped his shoes,'
(This hadith is weak, Abu dawud, Book 1, number 23).

Hence like the first hadith states that the Prophet use to lower to the Ground, remains the perfect sunnah
Re: Why Do Muslim Males Kneel When Peeing And Christian Males Do Not? by Nobody: 8:50pm On Apr 20, 2010
perfect sunna till we die
Re: Why Do Muslim Males Kneel When Peeing And Christian Males Do Not? by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jul 21, 2010
squatin 4 menluks amusing n crude 2 me.urinatin d normalway by releasin JOHN THOMAS is more like it cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Do Muslim Males Kneel When Peeing And Christian Males Do Not? by zayhal(f): 8:01pm On Jul 21, 2010
kulyie:

squatin 4 menluks amusing n crude 2 me.urinatin d normalway by releasin JOHN THOMAS is more like it cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Zumun bukmun umyun, fahum laa yarji'uun. undecided
Re: Why Do Muslim Males Kneel When Peeing And Christian Males Do Not? by Nobody: 12:18am On Jul 30, 2010
@zayhal can u please type wot i can read.english is more like it so i'll be able 2 know wot u min cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy :Dam waiting grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Muslim Males Kneel When Peeing And Christian Males Do Not? by Nobody: 7:32am On Jul 30, 2010
Deen4me has answered ur question well. The rule is a Muslim male must urinate squatting, but the exception is where it is more convenient to do so standing I.e where there is more likelihood of urine touching one's body in squatting position than standing position.
Re: Why Do Muslim Males Kneel When Peeing And Christian Males Do Not? by thorpido(m): 8:39am On Aug 24, 2012
How clean can one get even if u wash wit soap.That is why Jesus came to show us a better way than d futile way of seeking righteousness by a man's works.(The standard of God that u cannot meet.Receive the standard of God-Jesus Christ)

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Muslim Males Kneel When Peeing And Christian Males Do Not? by dragnet: 10:09am On Aug 24, 2012
thorpido: How clean can one get even if u wash wit soap.That is why Jesus came to show us a better way than d futile way of seeking righteousness by a man's works.(The standard of God that u cannot meet.Receive the standard of God-Jesus Christ)
so Jesus never took a bath ?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Muslim Males Kneel When Peeing And Christian Males Do Not? by Sweetnecta: 10:18pm On Aug 24, 2012
@OP; Muslim males dont kneel but stoop/squat to urinate.
the same they do to defecate.

The reason is not to soil your clothing, minimizing the sphere that urine will reach for example and almost eliminate splashing.

however you can stand if you are on a higher ground and urinating on a lower ground when it is obvious no splashing will touch you and your clothing.

you can also clean clean yourself with your saliva in the absence of clean water, etc.

the whole purpose is intentional purification of the body which definitely helps to maintain purification of the heart and soul, and definite preparation and readiness to engage in worship.

if you are conscious of this little details, you will be conscious of more obvious big details like the prayer itself.

Allah is Knows Best.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Muslim Males Kneel When Peeing And Christian Males Do Not? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Aug 27, 2012
Does cleanliness of the body reflect moral or spiritual holiness?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Muslim Males Kneel When Peeing And Christian Males Do Not? by Sweetnecta: 5:35am On Aug 28, 2012
in your view, does a filthy body gives you the possibility that the person is morally and spiritually clean?
Re: Why Do Muslim Males Kneel When Peeing And Christian Males Do Not? by Nobody: 7:56am On Aug 28, 2012
Sweetnecta: in your view, does a filthy body gives you the possibility that the person is morally and spiritually clean?

I will answer you.But first trash my question.
Re: Why Do Muslim Males Kneel When Peeing And Christian Males Do Not? by TheOP1(m): 12:38pm On Aug 30, 2012
KunleOshob: @Post

Christianity : Doctrines of men based on Western traditions.
Re: Why Do Muslim Males Kneel When Peeing And Christian Males Do Not? by TheOP1(m): 12:40pm On Aug 30, 2012
Reyginus: I will answer you.But first trash my question.

Even the christians Preach ; Cleaniness is next to Godliness.
Re: Why Do Muslim Males Kneel When Peeing And Christian Males Do Not? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Aug 30, 2012
The OP:

Even the christians Preach ; Cleaniness is next to Godliness.
Is that your answer.I asked why your faith do what they do,and you are using another man's faith to defend it.How smart of you?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Muslim Males Kneel When Peeing And Christian Males Do Not? by Sweetnecta: 2:11am On Aug 31, 2012
@reyginus: i hope that you do know that moral and spiritual qualities are aspects of us that can not be measured based on acceptable standard by all of us? however, we do know that a person who tries to avoid the splashing of urine to touch him is at least demonstrating cleanliness. Cleanliness is next to holiness. Holiness is Godliness. so when muslim is struggling to be clean, it demonstrates effort to attain moral and spiritual elevation as against the person who does not care for cleanliness of the body: he urinates like an animal, hence his clothing smells of urine.
Re: Why Do Muslim Males Kneel When Peeing And Christian Males Do Not? by Nobody: 7:25am On Aug 31, 2012
Stop moving in circles.
It is not a matter of there been an acceptable standard but why it is acceptable.
That I demonstrate cleanliness when urinating makes me morally and spiritually sound?
You seem not to understand the question or you dont have any answer for it.
Let me put it in another form: How does physical cleanliness translate to moral or spiritual soundness?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Muslim Males Kneel When Peeing And Christian Males Do Not? by maclatunji: 9:26am On Aug 31, 2012
Reyginus: Stop moving in circles.
It is not a matter of there been an acceptable standard but why it is acceptable.
That I demonstrate cleanliness when urinating makes me morally and spiritually sound?
You seem not to understand the question or you dont have any answer for it.
Let me put it in another form: How does physical cleanliness translate to moral or spiritual soundness?

Easy kid- To keep yourself physically clean takes discipline and keeping away from filth just as discipline and keeping away from sin is required for moral and spiritual soundness.

If you are able to master the first, the second becomes much easier. Sound mind in a sound body. Cleanliness is next to Godliness and all that...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ramadan: Sultan Directs Muslims To Look For New Moon / One Apple Leads To His Marriage. A Beautiful Story! / The Ruling On Using Perfumes Which Contain A Certain Amount Of Alcohol.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.