Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,297 members, 7,836,299 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

3 Things I Observed From Whatapp Shutdown - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 3 Things I Observed From Whatapp Shutdown (729 Views)

Social Distancing Observed As WAEC Students Write Exams Today (Photo, Video) / Why You Should Never Say "All Protocols Observed". / Five Things I Regret Doing At The University. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

3 Things I Observed From Whatapp Shutdown by Thepasserby(m): 6:40am On May 04, 2017
Life indeed is an irony. We now live in a an era where we are connected to the whole world but disconnected from our immediate counterparts.

WhatsApp had a temporary shutdown yesterday and there was a lot of noise concerning it. Truth be told, I was also one of the people who feared losing my WhatsApp. I even considered going back to my abandoned 2go application aimply because I had been so attached to WhatsApp.

During the whole time WhatsApp was down,  here are 3 things I observed.

1. People had time to be creative
While reading the several post about WhatsApp shutdown,  I realized that so many people are talented and creative. They had the time to think in the right direction and to also compose something good. My facebook feed was flooded with lots of good stuffs and not the usual rubnish I read everyday.

2. The whole place was quiet
Truth be told, it was as if a curfew was declared throughout the shutdown period. Everywhere was as quiet as a graveyard. Those few hours of WhatsApp shutdown were the most quiet moments I had spent for a very long time. No one was threatening me to forward a message to people, no one disturbed my online presence with a very long post all in the name of socialization.

3. I had time for my physical life
I was able to send a very good text message after so long.  I was able to relate with people around me and not just the imaginary world. I was human for some hours.

Copied from www.palmchatnow.com

Re: 3 Things I Observed From Whatapp Shutdown by Nbote(m): 6:53am On May 04, 2017
So U were able to relate with ppl around u in d nite wey WhatsApp shutdown? D whole place was quiet? Since wen WhatsApp begin get speakers like our churches and mosques or since wen do we chatter while on WhatsApp?
Now they're 2 things involved, ur lazy ass copied and pasted nonsense it saw online or U have no idea what u're talking about...

(1) (Reply)

Jamb Result Portal 2017 / Origin of the word BOYCOTT / 2017/18 Futo Aspirants Group Chat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.