Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,717 members, 7,816,955 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:05 PM

Has Your Car Key Been Locked Inside Your Share Your Experience - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Has Your Car Key Been Locked Inside Your Share Your Experience (11321 Views)

N90million Koenigsegg Regera’s Key Is The Most Expensive Car Key In The World / What Happens If You Take The Car Key Out While Driving? / Now You Can Pay For Items With This Newly Launched Car Key (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Your Car Key Been Locked Inside Your Share Your Experience by snipesdam(m): 8:21am On May 04, 2017
Yesterday morning as i was preparing for work. I just finished washing my car i went into the house to get the keys immediately i opened the doors with the remote i drop the keys on the chair. I think i forgot something outside just as i close the door and walked few steps away i heard lock sound and lights blink. sad

I paused for a moment and then smiled shaking my head. My car remote does this funny thing, once the key isn't inside the ignition keyhole and all doors closed, it triggers a lock. Dunno why that happens but i think am okay with that.

However when i smiled and shook my head. I remembered i had cut a spare key last December, i went inside to find it and i went to work.

What would had happened if i had one key? Story that touches the heart....

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Has Your Car Key Been Locked Inside Your Share Your Experience by AntiWailer: 8:24am On May 04, 2017
A panel beater will open it right before your eyes without spoiling anything.

It takes less than 5minutes.I have seen them do it several times.

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Has Your Car Key Been Locked Inside Your Share Your Experience by daamazing(m): 8:29am On May 04, 2017
AntiWailer:

Depends on the car model and brand

21 Likes

Re: Has Your Car Key Been Locked Inside Your Share Your Experience by snipesdam(m): 8:37am On May 04, 2017
AntiWailer:

shocked shocked shocked 5mins So thats how they steal peoples car?

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Has Your Car Key Been Locked Inside Your Share Your Experience by ironheart(m): 8:54am On May 04, 2017
I used a nail cutter
Re: Has Your Car Key Been Locked Inside Your Share Your Experience by diportivo: 9:42am On May 04, 2017
metal cloth hanger

strong flat metal

nice combo anytime anyday

3 Likes

Re: Has Your Car Key Been Locked Inside Your Share Your Experience by AntiWailer: 9:55am On May 04, 2017
daamazing:
Depends on the car model and brand

Any model any brand Bro.

Note that the aim is not to move the car. If the aim is to open your door.

It is pretty easy.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Has Your Car Key Been Locked Inside Your Share Your Experience by AntiWailer: 9:56am On May 04, 2017
snipesdam:

Lol.

The aim is not to move the car.
If the aim is to open your door.

Yes it is an easy one.
Re: Has Your Car Key Been Locked Inside Your Share Your Experience by adanny01(m): 10:40am On May 04, 2017
I have opened 3 cars with locked in keys.

2 Honda Baby boy (98 accord) and 1 academy (96 accord). The 96 was more difficult.

Please note that from 2003 the difficulty level is beyond imagination as i know i cannot do it. Honda has changed it to cables deleting all the mechanical joints you can have access to by removing the window trims.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Your Car Key Been Locked Inside Your Share Your Experience by daamazing(m): 10:42am On May 04, 2017
AntiWailer:

Any model any brand Bro.

Note that the aim is not to move the car. If the aim is to open your door.

It is pretty easy.
Panel beater will open doors of German cars Eg Mercedes, BMW.. Not possible sir

6 Likes

Re: Has Your Car Key Been Locked Inside Your Share Your Experience by nurey(m): 10:59am On May 04, 2017
Parked my brother inlaws 2006 Accord to block my sienna so going out in the morning I started the Accord and moved it, with car still on, I just stepped out close door and I heard click and side mirror lights blinked, tried the doors and no way. The extra key was at Yaba and car at Ikoyi.

I just called the owner to come sharply with extra key that his car is acting up, the car was left there for 1hour before he came thank God I parked well before the yeye thing do Ajayi work.

8 Likes

Re: Has Your Car Key Been Locked Inside Your Share Your Experience by AntiWailer: 11:05am On May 04, 2017
daamazing:
Panel beater will open doors of German cars Eg Mercedes, BMW.. Not possible sir

Bring the car to an agreed location.

200k bet.

Before you misquote me. I did not say they will move the car but your door will open.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Your Car Key Been Locked Inside Your Share Your Experience by daamazing(m): 12:01pm On May 04, 2017
AntiWailer:

Bring the car to an agreed location.

200k bet.

Before you misquote me. I did not say they will move the car but your door will open.
I go use that 200k buy Volkswagen golfgrin
But on a more serious note, there are new generation cars that aren't that easy to break in, you may need a digital sorta'thing to crack it.

9 Likes

Re: Has Your Car Key Been Locked Inside Your Share Your Experience by AntiWailer: 1:15pm On May 04, 2017
daamazing:
I go use that 200k buy Volkswagen golfgrin
But on a more serious note, there are new generation cars that aren't that easy to break in, you may need a digital sorta'thing to crack it.

If u have seen Panel Beater work on a car they want to paint, u will not even argue.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Has Your Car Key Been Locked Inside Your Share Your Experience by thebigkendo(m): 5:10pm On May 04, 2017
nurey:
Parked my brother inlaws 2006 Accord to block my sienna so going out in the morning I started the Accord and moved it, with car still on, I just stepped out close door and I heard click and side mirror lights blinked, tried the doors and no way. The extra key was at Yaba and car at Ikoyi.

I just called the owner to come sharply with extra key that his car is acting up, the car was left there for 1hour before he came thank God I parked well before the yeye thing do Ajayi work.

My Honda 2006 no dey lock itself oh..only locks if unlock the door with the remote and don't open the door within 1 minute it locks back, but not after the door has been opened

11 Likes

Re: Has Your Car Key Been Locked Inside Your Share Your Experience by Nobody: 5:39pm On May 04, 2017
thebigkendo:

My Honda 2006 no dey lock itself oh..only locks if unlock the door with the remote and don't open the door within 1 minute it locks back, but not after the door has been opened

Very true, and a honda (or any car for that matter) should not lock itself once the key is in the ignition unless locked from inside with driver's door closed. Even if u open the door and try to press the lock button it will always unlock itself. Unless the owner has installed an aftermarket automatic lock that allows the car to lock itself after driving a few km.

3 Likes

Re: Has Your Car Key Been Locked Inside Your Share Your Experience by dasphinx1(m): 6:52pm On May 04, 2017
diportivo:
metal cloth hanger

strong flat metal

nice combo anytime anyday

The best combo ever cool
Re: Has Your Car Key Been Locked Inside Your Share Your Experience by nurey(m): 7:59pm On May 04, 2017
thebigkendo:

It has not always been like that even my sienna unlocks if you try to lock the door with key in ignition or front doors left wide opened (using the button to lock), the lock had issues then but has since been fixed, from now on, once I enter pesin car to drive I make sure I wind the windows down just in case. grin

1 Like

Re: Has Your Car Key Been Locked Inside Your Share Your Experience by Nobody: 9:04pm On May 04, 2017
nurey:

It has not always been like that even my sienna unlocks if you try to lock the door with key in ignition or front doors left wide opened (using the button to lock), the lock had issues then but has since been fixed, from now on, once I enter pesin car to drive I make sure I wind the windows down just in case. grin

That's the best thing to always do

1 Like

Re: Has Your Car Key Been Locked Inside Your Share Your Experience by adanny01(m): 10:51pm On May 04, 2017
thebigkendo:

From 2003, no accord locks itself like that.

2003-07 will only lock back after 30 secs from when it was unlocked Remotely and but door was not opened.

2008-12 does like above plus lock itself only when you shift gear out of park or when driving reaches 19mph. This is programable to choose either of the options. This one opens doors once gear goes back to park.

Other than these accord never locks itself unless after market remote access is installed which i have seen some do.

Infact, central lock is disabled while engine is not running but key in ignition and any door open. In short, someone has to trigger it to close and only when all doors closed.

Even if i want to lock my key inside intentionally, the central lock wont let me. The only way is to drop the keys inside and press the lock pin manually, it locks all doors simultaneously too. Do this with key in the ingnition, the car unlocks itself immediatly.

3 Likes

Re: Has Your Car Key Been Locked Inside Your Share Your Experience by mannycrown: 11:26pm On May 04, 2017
Five times car key has been locked in '99 camry. On two different occasions - honda civic and honda accord keys opened the door!!! Three other times, had to go get spare cut key.
Very annoying experience indeed!
Re: Has Your Car Key Been Locked Inside Your Share Your Experience by bsideboii(m): 11:38am On May 05, 2017
AntiWailer:

with a slim Jim tho for older cars.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Your Car Key Been Locked Inside Your Share Your Experience by thebigkendo(m): 12:15pm On May 05, 2017
mannycrown:
Five times car key has been locked in '99 camry. On two different occasions - honda civic and honda accord keys opened the door!!! Three other times, had to go get spare cut key.

like seriously? Honda Key opened Toyota? no wonder dem dey thief that particular Toyota anyhow and i heard it doesn't come Immobilizer
Re: Has Your Car Key Been Locked Inside Your Share Your Experience by snipesdam(m): 5:26pm On May 05, 2017
mannycrown:

Honda key to open camry nawaoo shocked shocked shocked
Re: Has Your Car Key Been Locked Inside Your Share Your Experience by mannycrown: 7:01pm On May 05, 2017
thebigkendo:

like seriously? Honda Key opened Toyota? no wonder dem dey thief that particular Toyota anyhow and i heard it doesn't come Immobilizer

for real bro! that's my experience. no it doesn't have immobilizer, it's '99 model now, haba
Re: Has Your Car Key Been Locked Inside Your Share Your Experience by mannycrown: 7:02pm On May 05, 2017
snipesdam:

Honda key to open camry nawaoo shocked shocked shocked
na real wa o, Camry esp '99 na ashaw*...lol
Re: Has Your Car Key Been Locked Inside Your Share Your Experience by iamloski(m): 7:20am On May 06, 2017
AntiWailer:

true talk, I have done same mistake twice, they will spoil something except you neva experience am
Re: Has Your Car Key Been Locked Inside Your Share Your Experience by Giannakopoulos(f): 7:20am On May 06, 2017
snipesdam:

and batteries
Re: Has Your Car Key Been Locked Inside Your Share Your Experience by stambouli: 7:21am On May 06, 2017
A metal hanger forced through the door to press the unlock button
Re: Has Your Car Key Been Locked Inside Your Share Your Experience by soldierdollar(m): 7:21am On May 06, 2017
My keys were locked inside my Toyota Venza 2017. I had to call a panel beater who chiseled down the front door with an axe . I brought out my keys and locked the doors.

Then I woke up... Checked the time.. it was past 2 pm. I stood up from my wheel barrow in which I've been lying for 2 hours . I cursed under my breath as I wandered with my one-legged vehicle in search of my daily bread. As I navigated through the thick market , my curses changed to a sweet melody of whistle ... I shook my head as I whistled "In You I Trust" knowing that one day, the sun would shine on everything I did.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Has Your Car Key Been Locked Inside Your Share Your Experience by Blanc8(m): 7:22am On May 06, 2017
There is a way you pull out the door handle, and easy click inside unlocks the door..
(Accord 2001)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is It Ok To Buy A Three Wheeler ('Keke Marwa')? / Why We Need To Change Motor (Engine) Oil Regularly / Your Speedometer: How Often Do You Check It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.