Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,071 members, 7,818,198 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:08 AM

Where Is Nigeria's Jerry Rawling? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Where Is Nigeria's Jerry Rawling? (1302 Views)

Speaker Yakubu Dogara Appoints Ex-pdp Rep, Jerry Manwe As Chief Of Staff / Jerry Rawlings Blasts Premium Times Over 'irresponsible' Journalism / Is Nigeria A Developing Or A 3rd World Country? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Is Nigeria's Jerry Rawling? by Devonian(m): 7:15am On Jan 08, 2010
The state in which Nigeria is, today, requires a repeat of what Flight Lieutenant (Rtd) Jerry Rawlings did in Ghana, returning it from doom and gloom that it was to the vibrant state that it has become today. This is, therefore, a clarion call to any Nigerian Jerry Rawlings, currently serving in the Nigerian Army to take up arms and massacre all Nigeria's former and current leaders, including current governors, senators, members of the house of representatives, the likes of Mrs Oceanic, et al. Nigeria simply can't continue as it is.

Since Nov 27th, the President has been hospitalised in Saudi Arabia. Media reports show that Nigerians are simply in the dark as to, and left to purely speculate on, Yar Adua's health status; no concrete plans are in place to keep the country properly governed; Jonathan Goodluck is simply a lame duck, a weakling, a holdover, and benchwarmer, marauding in his stupid hat - an apparent relic of colonialism.

People are talking about prayers and praying for Yar Adua's recovery when they should be praying that God eliminates him as he did Abacha. I pray, not for  Yar Adua's recovery, but for the day when a Nigerian Jerry Rawlings would take up arms and terminate all 'terminate-able for the younger generation of Nigerians to witness, in Nigeria, the regeneration which younger generations of Ghanaians are witnessing in Ghana, today. Nigeria's situation, cannot, simply continue as it is.

Also, if Nigeria had broken up and the Northerners are on their own the listing Nigeria as a terrorist state (a situation which Umar Abdulmutallab has brought upon us), would not have happened. Besides, if Yar Adua chooses to rule Northern Nigeria from Saudi (or even Afghanistan) for a decade, if anyone would care, it would be the Hausa-Fulani, but i doubt, they would given that they support he continues to rule Nigeria, even on his sick bed from Saudi: they know not better!
Re: Where Is Nigeria's Jerry Rawling? by Nobody: 7:37am On Jan 08, 2010
You are talking about a military action? You shd have your head examined! The last thing we need now is more violence. Haing a leader who only understands 'shoot' is not going to solve our problem!
Re: Where Is Nigeria's Jerry Rawling? by skajove(m): 7:37am On Jan 08, 2010
Am not sure Nigeria needs Jerry Rawling replica to blossom.  We just need to wake up from our slumber, every dick and harry have got a task to play. We need to start thinking positively concerning this great country of ours, we have to take a closer look at the situation and find out what the real problem is. We are supposed to be giant of Africa, considering the potentials and resources at our disposal, but yet we are currently lying beneath some nations with half our resources. Our problem is not the mismanagement of the current leaders, but the mentality that have engrossed most of our people concerning leadership. Many sees it as an opportunity to take their share of the national cake, while other sees it as their birthright. None of the above have the country's interest in their reckless mind, they are seriously thinking of themselves and their posterity.

So, what am saying in essence is, even if our Jerry Rawlings should appear and slaughter all the current and past leaders, the future ones have already inherited a mentality of corrupt mind, so will like to follow the footstep of our fathers and forefathers. WE need re-orientation to survive this ugly situation. We have to start thinking right for this great nation. We need people like Gov. Fashola to govern all the states in our country and ofcourse the Presidency.

May God bless our great nation.
Re: Where Is Nigeria's Jerry Rawling? by Goldmind1(m): 9:38am On Jan 08, 2010
[/quote]Am not sure Nigeria needs Jerry Rawling replica to blossom. We just need to wake up from our slumber, every manliness and harry have got a task to play. We need to start thinking positively concerning this great country of ours, we have to take a closer look at the situation and find out what the real problem is. We are supposed to be giant of Africa, considering the potentials and resources at our disposal, but yet we are currently lying beneath some nations with half our resources. Our problem is not the mismanagement of the current leaders, but the mentality that have engrossed most of our people concerning leadership. Many sees it as an opportunity to take their share of the national cake, while other sees it as their birthright. None of the above have the country's interest in their reckless mind, they are seriously thinking of themselves and their posterity.

So, what am saying in essence is, even if our Jerry Rawlings should appear and slaughter all the current and past leaders, the future ones have already inherited a mentality of corrupt mind, so will like to follow the footstep of our fathers and forefathers. WE need re-orientation to survive this ugly situation. We have to start thinking right for this great nation. We need people like Gov. Fashola to govern all the states in our country and ofcourse the Presidency.

May God bless our great nation.

[quote]

WHICH GREAT NATION IS GOD BLESSING?
Re: Where Is Nigeria's Jerry Rawling? by skajove(m): 10:09am On Jan 08, 2010
NIGERIA, of course.
Re: Where Is Nigeria's Jerry Rawling? by Goldmind1(m): 10:27am On Jan 08, 2010
Are u not yet ashamend to be addressed as a Nigerian? A country that is ruled with lies and fallacies like VISION 2020, 6000 megawatts of electricity before December 2009, 7-POINT AGENDA, and many other lies.
Re: Where Is Nigeria's Jerry Rawling? by Devonian(m): 5:43pm On Jan 08, 2010
Dear Ujujoan,

My initial posting was borne out of the Nigeria and Nigerians I saw during my recent visit back home. Quite clearly, Nigeria is degenerating by the minute. And, the people who are bent on ruining Nigeria don’t even have their children within its shores. They are studying in top notch universities in the UK, USA, Canada, etc, and living on proceeds of chronic embezzlement in the choicest cul-de-sacs of the world’s major cities: London, New York, Toronto, etc, while the children of the poor masses who should be benefitting from the country’s wealth are decaying in Nigerian universities where they are awarded degrees that’s not worth the paper they written on. Ujujoan, please be informed that this is a free world, where, within reason, people have the right to freedom of expression. What I've expressed is perfectly within the ramifications of my rational thinking and my head needs no examining. You’re however, welcome to put on your thinking cap, and respond constructively to my initial posting.

While I agree with Gold-mind that ‘Many sees it as an opportunity to take their share of the national cake, while other sees it as their birthright,’ I cannot agree with his/her claim that ‘Our problem is not the mismanagement of the current leaders.’ In fact that is the first problem that must be tackled. If we have a Jerry Rawlings replica, who after wiping out the leaders would then adopts the Idiagbon style, those who think Nigeria’s wealth is a national cake or birthright must be prepared to face the music with drummers and singers from hell. I was in school when Idiagbon ruled Nigeria. There was absolute Law and Order. Cheat in exams and you bag 20 years jail term. Push drugs and you face firing squad. Fail to use the overhead foot-bridge in Nigeria’s major cities and you regret it. Drop banana skins on the streets and bear the brunt. Decorum and discipline was the order of the day in those few months before Babangida came to derail the process over the alleged involvement of Maraim Babangida in Gloria Okon’s drug peddling. Babangida’s rule finally hammered the death knell and today Nigeria needs drastic measures: desperate times requires desperate measures. No amount of Holy Ghost night prayers would solve Nigeria’s problems. It would only perpetually enrich Adeboye’s church and increase his financial kingdom. To conquer, God’s people, Israel fought and fought and fought until they overcame. Nigeria must fight those who're bent on its destruction, destroy them before this nation becomes irreversibly destroyed.
Re: Where Is Nigeria's Jerry Rawling? by Kobojunkie: 5:48pm On Jan 08, 2010
They are, all 150 million or so of them, out there, busy looking out for survival and benefit of self, than they are for Nigeria right now @Poster.
Re: Where Is Nigeria's Jerry Rawling? by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jan 08, 2010
Stay and be waiting for Rawlings. Be a rawlings by writing to your senator and house of rep member laying all this complain before him
Re: Where Is Nigeria's Jerry Rawling? by otesy: 6:04pm On Jan 08, 2010
I agree that desperate situations require desperate measures. I am not quite sure though what those desperate measures should be but I strongly disagree that it should be a blood bath. Instead, rather than run away from the country because it's not the way it should be and thereby leaving it for those who rubbish it to continue to do so, maybe, we should consider staying back to contribute towards improving it in our own little way. Little drops of water make a mighty ocean. If we stand up and participate in politics rather than allow the hooligans rule and then complain about the way they rule, maybe we could make a difference. If we vote rather than allow the riggers fill up the lines with thieves and looters, maybe we could actually finally vote for someone we want. Staying at home and complaining about elections being rigged won't solve the problem. Not participating in leadership at all will not solve the problem. Bringing up our children to be upright citizens without compromise will definitely make the difference in the long run. The "siddon look" attitude or "if you can't beat them, join them" attitude is a major contributor to our problems,
Re: Where Is Nigeria's Jerry Rawling? by otesy: 6:08pm On Jan 08, 2010
The average Nigerian today sees nothing wrong with a lot of things which contribute to the present state of the nation. It's not all about government. We should play our part as well,

We acquire drivers license without insisting on driving test, we shunt queues at every given opportunity, we litter our surroundings without thinking twice. All these traits show that if we become leaders tomorrow, we will be no better than those we have today,
Re: Where Is Nigeria's Jerry Rawling? by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jan 08, 2010
@ poster

I apologize if I offended u by my comment, but I still dont think violence is what we need here. Law and order shd not be acheived by sacrificing freedom and enslaving the citizens even more. In Cross River State, there's already a sense of decorum without the whole imprisonment and punishments!

I agree with you that this present government needs to be phased out but I dont subscribe to the bloodbath you are suggesting. We've tried the military thing and seen that it just dosent work. My earliest recollections were that of Dele Guwa's murder and I dont think we want to go back to that era.

If we accept the dictators, then we are telling the world that we can't manage democracy and we can as well kiss it goodbye. I see no reason why we can't instill good governance in our democracy. I don't want my kids to grow up without a voice. That's what a military govt will do to us.

(1) (Reply)

10,000 Prostitutes Overwhelm Nigerian Embassy In Italy / Saleha Huuda Dead: University Of Florida Found Dead In Brush Fire / Help! Help! Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.