Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,904 members, 7,817,677 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

Lagos State Government Demolishes Sabo Market, Ikorodu Overnight (Pics, Video) - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Lagos State Government Demolishes Sabo Market, Ikorodu Overnight (Pics, Video) (35396 Views)

Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) / Fire Guts Sabo Market In Ogun (Photos) / Lagos State Government Demolishes Sabo Market Ikorodu Overnight (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos State Government Demolishes Sabo Market, Ikorodu Overnight (Pics, Video) by mmsen: 5:11pm On May 04, 2017
Customer80:
what dignity are you talking about when someone means of lively hood is destroyed?

They didn't know that the market was slated for demolition?
Re: Lagos State Government Demolishes Sabo Market, Ikorodu Overnight (Pics, Video) by GloryCardinal(m): 5:29pm On May 04, 2017
Lagos govt are heartless i said it come and beat me am in my house now
Re: Lagos State Government Demolishes Sabo Market, Ikorodu Overnight (Pics, Video) by Nobody: 5:30pm On May 04, 2017
this wicked governor. he and his goons know that going to demolish the structures by day will come with serious resistance so they had to go by night to carry out the shameful act. shior
Re: Lagos State Government Demolishes Sabo Market, Ikorodu Overnight (Pics, Video) by Trexnemesis(m): 5:35pm On May 04, 2017
Gov Ambode, welldone sir. Don't forget Ladipo market sir. Thanks.
Re: Lagos State Government Demolishes Sabo Market, Ikorodu Overnight (Pics, Video) by CXLVII: 5:35pm On May 04, 2017
crackerspub:
I know the demolition of the market will cause massive setbacks to the traders but on the long run Ambode is on the right track

Ambode should fine ways to compensate the traders by giving cheaper stores at the new site

I know majority of traders are Igbo's, just know other tribes sell and buy in the market and not to see it as a way to punish Igbos

God bless Ambode

Eko Oni Baje

Whar Ambode dic is outrightly an total rubbish!

That market was built by the state government and allocated, I see no reason why he should trespass!

It's robbery!

That property has been sold to private hands!

Thats lagos for u! Sell it to themselves!
Re: Lagos State Government Demolishes Sabo Market, Ikorodu Overnight (Pics, Video) by deebrain(m): 5:44pm On May 04, 2017
crackerspub:
I know the demolition of the market will cause massive setbacks to the traders but on the long run Ambode is on the right track

Ambode should fine ways to compensate the traders by giving cheaper stores at the new site

I know majority of traders are Igbo's, just know other tribes sell and buy in the market and not to see it as a way to punish Igbos

God bless Ambode

Eko Oni Baje

I actually don't see it as punishment to Igbos.

It is actually a general act of sadism.

No matter how good intentions are, putting the cart before the horse has always been a major fault in Lagos especially.

How much will it cost to relocate people to a temporary place, before demolition of where people make their living?

Lagos, despite the development and all, always find a way to give itself a bad aura especially to struggling businesses.

And suicide is now trending!

God help us.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Government Demolishes Sabo Market, Ikorodu Overnight (Pics, Video) by Tayeni(m): 5:59pm On May 04, 2017
baby124:

Shut the hell up! I have been there once and majority are northerners and other tribes. They sell food there.
even if what you said is the truth...you didn't have to cuss him out to get your point across
Re: Lagos State Government Demolishes Sabo Market, Ikorodu Overnight (Pics, Video) by Nobody: 5:59pm On May 04, 2017
gaetano:
this is very bad. Someone will wake up one morning to go where he gets his daily bread only to find out all has been lost. My neighbour almost killed himself when the same thing happened to him business in ladipo.

I believe there are better steps that ambode could have taken

They must have been served several notices. One thing to note is that Ambode's notices must be taken seriously.
Re: Lagos State Government Demolishes Sabo Market, Ikorodu Overnight (Pics, Video) by Basfaq(m): 6:02pm On May 04, 2017
So this vedio was shoot in the night Abi?.
Re: Lagos State Government Demolishes Sabo Market, Ikorodu Overnight (Pics, Video) by ibnzubair(m): 6:19pm On May 04, 2017
airminem:
Why is there sabo market in almost the whole states In Nigeria?

Sabo means new in Hausa language
Re: Lagos State Government Demolishes Sabo Market, Ikorodu Overnight (Pics, Video) by crackerspub: 6:50pm On May 04, 2017
Greatigbos:

KEEP on thinking they are igbos

go and ask ayotola who are involved

iberibe

must u quote me slut
Re: Lagos State Government Demolishes Sabo Market, Ikorodu Overnight (Pics, Video) by nwosu35: 6:58pm On May 04, 2017
It does not matter which tribe sells in the market but what matters is that what are his alternative measures, cus if no structure on ground den it will be a disaster to start with. . .

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Government Demolishes Sabo Market, Ikorodu Overnight (Pics, Video) by 9jja(f): 7:11pm On May 04, 2017
thirty1:

You're wrong, very wrong indeed. Sabo market Ikorodu
Is dominated by Hausas not Igbos.

You are wrong too. In Sabo market, if you are coming from the junction that goes to Odoginyo to go to Maya, the right side along the road are dominated by the hausa/funani no doubt. Then inside the compound which is locked where are the hausas?

I am not here to count census but it is wrong to say the hausas dominate it. Or is it because the cluster along the road? I can see you have not entered the market itself. Maybe as you pass along the road and see them there you think it is so inside.
Re: Lagos State Government Demolishes Sabo Market, Ikorodu Overnight (Pics, Video) by Zirah: 7:17pm On May 04, 2017
Enough of this daft lies. The people of sabo market were warned of the impending demolition. But as always, all warnings fell on deaf ears.

Amoyinoluwa24:
The Lagos state Government demolished Sabo market, Ikorodu overnight without giving any notice. Traders arrived the market this morning only find their shops destroyed, leaving many in tears.

See photos/video of the market below..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3Tvv_K3Arg

Source: http://www.cambellsblog.com/2017/05/lagos-state-government-demolishes-sabo.html
Re: Lagos State Government Demolishes Sabo Market, Ikorodu Overnight (Pics, Video) by Nobody: 7:18pm On May 04, 2017
right, demolish the market build it and a locate it to new wealthy tenants at a hiked price so that the old tenants would not be able to afford them
Re: Lagos State Government Demolishes Sabo Market, Ikorodu Overnight (Pics, Video) by Anthonyben: 7:44pm On May 04, 2017
where are we going. upon all these hardship. ambode still demoninising market. market people don suffer.
Re: Lagos State Government Demolishes Sabo Market, Ikorodu Overnight (Pics, Video) by tete7000(m): 8:34pm On May 04, 2017
livinbygrace:

Sabo markets are mostly dominated by northerners.

Not the one at Onike, Yaba, Lagos, Nigeria. They call it Sabo but every tribe is present and it is not dominated by Hausas. I even dey always wonder why it is called that name. Maybe hausas settled there first.
Re: Lagos State Government Demolishes Sabo Market, Ikorodu Overnight (Pics, Video) by OluwafemiRaeJr(m): 8:46pm On May 04, 2017
Lemme continue frying my bread
Re: Lagos State Government Demolishes Sabo Market, Ikorodu Overnight (Pics, Video) by Kayrich(m): 10:10pm On May 04, 2017
crackerspub:

God bless Ambode

Eko Oni Baje

Haba. They called something sabo market, you said majority are igbos. How possible. If u ve been there you will know that hausas dominated there.
Probably because they road is expected to be dualized soon cos of the mile12 market relocation to imota
Re: Lagos State Government Demolishes Sabo Market, Ikorodu Overnight (Pics, Video) by oyonu(m): 10:35pm On May 04, 2017
mmsen:
Why are Nigerian women always acting like children on camera?

Why is she laying on the floor screaming? Where is her sense of dignity?

And don't tell me that she didn't know it wasn't coming - all of these places have received several warnings.
Don't talk like that. You read it that they were not given notice. She may be the sole provider for her family or it could even be that she just took a loan: now tell me why won't she cry? What's is wrong is wrong
Re: Lagos State Government Demolishes Sabo Market, Ikorodu Overnight (Pics, Video) by mmsen: 10:36pm On May 04, 2017
oyonu:

Don't talk like that. You read it that they were not given notice. She may be the sole provider for her family or it could even be that she just took a loan: now tell me why won't she cry? What's is wrong is wrong

Crying is one thing but rolling around on the floor like a child?
Re: Lagos State Government Demolishes Sabo Market, Ikorodu Overnight (Pics, Video) by oyonu(m): 10:40pm On May 04, 2017
crackerspub:

God bless Ambode

Eko Oni Baje

Will you say this if your mother has a shed there? BTW any market demolished by the LASG and rebuilt is always expensive eg Tejuosho market, Olosho market to name a few. Go check it out if it's what the common man can afford. The truth is LASG is taking too much anti people policy and it's not a good thing
Re: Lagos State Government Demolishes Sabo Market, Ikorodu Overnight (Pics, Video) by airminem(f): 10:40pm On May 04, 2017
ibnzubair:

Sabo means new in Hausa language
So why is the market popular in many states?
Re: Lagos State Government Demolishes Sabo Market, Ikorodu Overnight (Pics, Video) by oyonu(m): 10:43pm On May 04, 2017
mmsen:

Crying is one thing but rolling around on the floor like a child?
Pray u don't experience such u may even do worse
Re: Lagos State Government Demolishes Sabo Market, Ikorodu Overnight (Pics, Video) by Nobody: 11:27pm On May 04, 2017
This Ambode sef, from Otodo Gbame to Sabo market, lives and livelihoods ruined just like that, sad sad
Re: Lagos State Government Demolishes Sabo Market, Ikorodu Overnight (Pics, Video) by ibnzubair(m): 11:31pm On May 04, 2017
airminem:

So why is the market popular in many states?

All new markets are called Sabo market.
Re: Lagos State Government Demolishes Sabo Market, Ikorodu Overnight (Pics, Video) by prela(f): 12:07am On May 05, 2017
yourexcellency:
Well done, Ambode. He will build a new shopping complex there and hand it over to Senator Remita Tinubu

grin ;DThe "Remita" part got me grin
Re: Lagos State Government Demolishes Sabo Market, Ikorodu Overnight (Pics, Video) by Ajeyo(m): 12:28am On May 05, 2017
Admin should not take this person serious again,the name alone sabo is Hausa.
Re: Lagos State Government Demolishes Sabo Market, Ikorodu Overnight (Pics, Video) by Adageorge(f): 6:56am On May 05, 2017
total rubbish
this is a senseless action , he has no right to destroy people goods, this is total madness , don't he know that some people feed their family with their trade ......this is a stupid action , some of them borrow d money, now d shop is destroyed , how will they feel?
Re: Lagos State Government Demolishes Sabo Market, Ikorodu Overnight (Pics, Video) by UmecheMoses(m): 8:01am On May 05, 2017
ifyan:
We are has to pay for success. Remember no free food is Freetown

Aye re ioo ti we ba eee
Re: Lagos State Government Demolishes Sabo Market, Ikorodu Overnight (Pics, Video) by adeoba2008(m): 8:21am On May 05, 2017
Lasigidi and Demolition. We look forward to what is about to happen.
Re: Lagos State Government Demolishes Sabo Market, Ikorodu Overnight (Pics, Video) by airminem(f): 8:38am On May 05, 2017
ibnzubair:

All new markets are called Sabo market.

New market!! okay, then why is it called sabo(in hausa) and in all corners in nigeria? was northcolonialism that spread?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FEC Approves Use Of Blockchain In Nigeria / Has Anyone Successfully Linked Their NIN With Their Bank Account? / Tony Elumelu And His Kids Celebrate Children's Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.