Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,060 members, 7,818,177 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:31 AM

Oau Receives $2m For Cancer Research - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Oau Receives $2m For Cancer Research (9457 Views)

Uniben Best Graduating Student In Surgery Receives New Laptop And 100 Pounds / Emelife Stella Chinelo Receives Medals And Cash Prizes From University Of Mysore / Monica Osetobe Osagie Is The Student In Sex For Marks Scandal – OAU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oau Receives $2m For Cancer Research by Nobody: 11:18am On May 04, 2017
waste, mark my words. Na my school, I sabi them wella. Na so them varmot pest resistance crop money too.
Re: Oau Receives $2m For Cancer Research by RicardoRich(m): 11:24am On May 04, 2017
Meanwhile lautech cannot pay its staff... Okay... God dey..
Re: Oau Receives $2m For Cancer Research by omooba969(m): 11:26am On May 04, 2017
Goldenheart:

Go Take this one jolly grin

Nkechi is coming with a botu of star "lite"

Too much oil in the sauce. cool

Re: Oau Receives $2m For Cancer Research by Charly68: 11:31am On May 04, 2017
Let us pray & hope that they will use the fund as directed.
Re: Oau Receives $2m For Cancer Research by ishittu: 11:38am On May 04, 2017
may some thief no go thief am oo
Re: Oau Receives $2m For Cancer Research by Basic123: 11:42am On May 04, 2017
Seun has never forgotten his Alma mata.ANY NEWS ON OAU WILL SHA HIT FRONT PAGE NI.

1 Like

Re: Oau Receives $2m For Cancer Research by redcliff: 11:57am On May 04, 2017
lmao. cancer research in nigeria... useless country.. them never get steady light them wan research cancer
Re: Oau Receives $2m For Cancer Research by seguno2: 12:06pm On May 04, 2017
musicwriter:
This is the kind of initiative anybody who claims to help Africans should engage in. Assist Africa in scientific research and development and we would find the solution to the many problems we face. Only then shall the development they talk about come- development will only come when we begin discovering our problems ourselves, solving our problems by ourselves.

Why can't Africans help themselves?
Why can't the wealthy Africans have Foundations to fund such researches?
Must we forever remain receivers and beggars to the oyinbos whose hands are always on top?
Why can't we make the needed sacrifice to fund our own researches instead of doing owambe upandan?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oau Receives $2m For Cancer Research by ogobaby23(f): 12:14pm On May 04, 2017
I am not sure of it but I think most of that money is ending up in private pockets.

I just hope it is really used for cancer research because cancer has really become a scourge to humanity.
Re: Oau Receives $2m For Cancer Research by Thecassanova: 12:18pm On May 04, 2017
dammieco:
Impressive hun? Maybe. It will never be a surprise to me if the money is mismanaged. These professors will collect the money and then give the research work to the Masters students to do it. Fantastic right? Well yes. But the problem is these students will spend their money and also be spent on the research without any access to the $2m. At the end of the good work, all glory will go to the professors and worse part of the story is by the time the work is to be published, the names of these students will be found wanting.
Nice one.

When they do research like this in a nice developed system. The professor use the money to pay his Masters or PhD students and buy necessary things for the project with the funds. And when the work is publish they both take accreditation.

I can't be happy with news like this when I know 99% of the funds are going to greedy individuals not the deserving hard working students.

2 Likes

Re: Oau Receives $2m For Cancer Research by Nobody: 12:20pm On May 04, 2017
They will embezzle that money and steal it all! Except the benefactor tracks how every cent is spent. Otherwise, they just made some fat pot bellied professor richer!!

2 Likes

Re: Oau Receives $2m For Cancer Research by joepentwo(m): 12:25pm On May 04, 2017
vesselchino:
today is my birthday show me some love guys
happy birthday!
Were's ma cake
Re: Oau Receives $2m For Cancer Research by musicwriter(m): 12:26pm On May 04, 2017
seguno2:

Why can't Africans help themselves?
Why can't the wealthy Africans have Foundations to fund such researches?
Must we forever remain receivers and beggars to the oyinbos whose hands are always on top?
Why can't we make the needed sacrifice to fund our own researches instead of doing owambe upandan?

That's a good question!.

And, be informed I' am not advocating for taking crumbs from white people. As a matter of fact, I' am against that, that's why I recommend this type of gift as the only right gift Africans may accept.

As for wealthy people in Africa sponsoring such initiatives, it would take discarding our current system of education and re-invent a new model of education based on African philosophy. Only such system of education would create elites interested in supporting this type of initiative.

By the way, any money white people gift to Africa is just a tiny from what they stole from us. White people can't possibly give us more money than they've taken from us.
Re: Oau Receives $2m For Cancer Research by Laple0541(m): 12:51pm On May 04, 2017
Of the greatest IFE.....na only you fit.
Re: Oau Receives $2m For Cancer Research by TheVictorious(m): 1:12pm On May 04, 2017
NICE DEVELOPMENT!
Re: Oau Receives $2m For Cancer Research by Chukazu: 1:31pm On May 04, 2017
... 2 million for cancer research and Efe received 25million for boredom
Re: Oau Receives $2m For Cancer Research by seguno2: 1:56pm On May 04, 2017
musicwriter:
That's a good question!.

And, be informed I' am not advocating for taking crumbs from white people. As a matter of fact, I' am against that, that's why I recommend this type of gift as the only right gift Africans may accept.

As for wealthy people in Africa sponsoring such initiatives, it would take discarding our current system of education and re-invent a new model of education based on African philosophy. Only such system of education would create elites interested in supporting this type of initiative.

By the way, any money white people gift to Africa is just a tiny from what they stole from us. White people can't possibly give us more money than they've taken from us.

Any stronger person/group takes more than he gives back to the conquered person/group.
The Hausa/Fulanis take more from Nigeria (the south) than the crumbs thrown at us to keep us in Lugard's union. Not so?
Re: Oau Receives $2m For Cancer Research by kidaby: 2:03pm On May 04, 2017
dammieco:
Impressive hun? Maybe. It will never be a surprise to me if the money is mismanaged. These professors will collect the money and then give the research work to the Masters students to do it. Fantastic right? Well yes. But the problem is these students will spend their money and also be spent on the research without any access to the $2m. At the end of the good work, all glory will go to the professors and worse part of the story is by the time the work is to be published, the names of these students will be found wanting.

You may be right. But do you think universities just get funding for research just like that? I believe only an institution where promising research has been going on gets such funds in order to produce more results. Nobody just gives out $2m dollars like that, its an intervention for further research and I think its more than "some" masters student. Cancer is quite a serious disease that other scientists all over the world are trying to find effective cures.
Re: Oau Receives $2m For Cancer Research by es144000: 2:17pm On May 04, 2017
Sharing must take place
Re: Oau Receives $2m For Cancer Research by musicwriter(m): 2:34pm On May 04, 2017
seguno2:

Any stronger person/group takes more than he gives back to the conquered person/group.
The Hausa/Fulanis take more from Nigeria (the south) than the crumbs thrown at us to keep us in Lugard's union. Not so?

Yes, that's correct.

But, on Northerners defeating Southern Nigeria because they're "stronger" that's not correct. Northerners rule Nigeria because they had the co-operation of the British from on set. They rule because what the colonial masters did once they were ready to leave occupied lands was find the most submissive ethnic group within their colony and make them the ruling class. This way they'll continue to control that nation from remote. There's actually a remorseful confession by an aging former British colonial officer who worked in Lagos, exposing many crimes of the British in Nigeria; including how they made Northerners rule. If you need more information on that, Google "the confessions of Harold Smith, British colonial officer to Lagos"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oau Receives $2m For Cancer Research by tunjisanmi(m): 3:00pm On May 04, 2017
Another Great Ife is a counterfeit.
Re: Oau Receives $2m For Cancer Research by UmecheMoses(m): 3:13pm On May 04, 2017
ISN'T THIS WORLD A BEAUTIFUL PLACE.... EVIDENCE ENOUGH TO SHOW THAT CANCER IS THE LACK OF A TYPE OF VITAMIN B HAS BEEN FORWARDED TO THE WHO.... STILL AMERICA KEEPS WASTING MONEY ON RESEARCH.... SO THAT PEOPLE CAN KEEP SPENDING ALL THEY HAVE FIGHTING A WAR THAT SHOULDNT HAVE EXISTED IN THE FIRST PLACE...
GET ANY CANCER PATIENT AND FEED THEM ON A DIET OF APPLE SEEDS AND ROASTED CASHEW NUTS....
THEY'LL RECOVER...
CHEMOTHERAPY KILLS THE BODY OF THE VICTIM MORE..... MAY GOD FORGIVE THESE MEDICAL CABALS....
IF YOU FEEL PAINED ABOUT THIS WRITE UP I AM IN MY HOUSE COMMAN KILL ME
Re: Oau Receives $2m For Cancer Research by seguno2: 3:41pm On May 04, 2017
musicwriter:
Yes, that's correct.

But, on Northerners defeating Southern Nigeria because they're "stronger" that's not correct. Northerners rule Nigeria because they had the co-operation of the British from on set. They rule because what the colonial masters did once they were ready to leave occupied lands was find the most submissive ethnic group within their colony and make them the ruling class. This way they'll continue to control that nation from remote. There's actually a remorseful confession by an aging former British colonial officer who worked in Lagos, exposing many crimes of the British in Nigeria; including how they made Northerners rule. If you need more information on that, Google "the confessions of Harold Smith, British colonial officer to Lagos"

The British left us in 1960 i.e. 57 years ago.
The north continues to hold the south in a conquering manner despite the so called knowledge of the southerners of what the aging colonial officer said.
Is that not a clear sign of cowardice?
Re: Oau Receives $2m For Cancer Research by bogolobango(m): 4:00pm On May 04, 2017
Petomi this your games na real
Re: Oau Receives $2m For Cancer Research by musicwriter(m): 4:19pm On May 04, 2017
seguno2:

The British left us in 1960 i.e. 57 years ago.
The north continues to hold the south in a conquering manner despite the so called knowledge of the southerners of what the aging colonial officer said.
Is that not a clear sign of cowardice?

Unfortunately, when power is installed its difficult to unseat an incumbent leader or in this case the North. But, eventually, the North wouldn't have so much power in Nigeria as long as they keep building more mosques than school and putting islam above everything else. Unless they do what Emir Sanusi is warning them about the table would turn in future, and rightly so.
Re: Oau Receives $2m For Cancer Research by Mayflowa(m): 6:15pm On May 04, 2017
Chukazu:
... 2 million for cancer research and Efe received 25million for boredom

2 million dollars!!!! That is equivalent to about 600millions naira
Re: Oau Receives $2m For Cancer Research by Nukilia: 6:43pm On May 04, 2017
UmecheMoses:
ISN'T THIS WORLD A BEAUTIFUL PLACE.... EVIDENCE ENOUGH TO SHOW THAT CANCER IS THE LACK OF A TYPE OF VITIF YOU FEEL PAINED ABOUT THIS WRITE UP I AM IN MY HOUSE COMMAN KILL ME

Kindly post the links to your evidence here...

Congrats to OAU.

Re: Oau Receives $2m For Cancer Research by UmecheMoses(m): 7:56pm On May 04, 2017
Nukilia:

Congrats to OAU.

Gimme your whatsap number I'll send you the video
Re: Oau Receives $2m For Cancer Research by UmecheMoses(m): 7:57pm On May 04, 2017
Nukilia:

Congrats to OAU.

Gimme your whatsap number I'll send you the video
Did you know that mexico has drugs that cure cancer yet the FDA banned it in America
Re: Oau Receives $2m For Cancer Research by Klare(f): 8:47pm On May 04, 2017
Goldenheart:
I hope it well utilized

Abi ooooo
Re: Oau Receives $2m For Cancer Research by TheVictorious(m): 9:44am On May 06, 2017
Nukilia:

Congrats to OAU.

Why are you minding that guy? He's just spewing trash.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Auchi Poly Students Protest Over Strike, Bring Vehicular Movement To A Stop / UI To Hold ‘PTA’ Meeting Over School Closure- Thecable / NDA SHORTLISTED NAMES FOR ARMED FORCES SELECTION BOARD FOR THE 65TH RC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.