Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,583 members, 7,820,106 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:49 AM

Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern (53152 Views)

Top 20 Universities With Most Employed Graduates In Nigeria (list) / Nigeria Universities With The Most Employable Graduates- STUTERN 2018 Edition / Nigerian Universities With The Highest Number Of Professors - NUC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by TheVictorious(m): 4:15pm On May 04, 2017
dingbang:
Third class graduates who are bosses be employing first class covenant uni students and they are happy ... Foolishness...

If a data is released now, showing that more CU students and graduates opened new start-ups within the same period, you will be fast to loud it that they have money. Isn't it?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by safarigirl(f): 4:17pm On May 04, 2017
mfm04622:

Have you worked with any CU graduate? I have not but I have worked with 2 that came to do IT in my office. The difference is clear! I don't doubt this
was it not a CU graduate that didn't know what a cockerel was on WWTBAM?

I bet you've worked with graduates from every Nigerian University to determine if they were indeed better. Two in thousands and you're vouching up and down.

Calm down abeg
Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by MrHackmed1(m): 4:17pm On May 04, 2017
sinkhole:
Oga, na rank 17 you dey o grin cheesy

E beta some people wey dey pay MILLIONS yet, dem no dey 1 - 20 cheesy
Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by kibo: 4:18pm On May 04, 2017
While i have my reservations about the report.

I have read some comments on this thread by certain "Nigerian Graduates" claiming to counter the report but cannot come out with solid intelligent arguments on why they disagree.

It only validates some of the sections in the report. This is like a white paper report and it is subject to discussions.

It bothers me a lot when graduates cannot pass across their points in a clear and concise manner. Sometimes you read through threads, and you feel you wasted a lot of time because you really cant identify logical discussions.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by safarigirl(f): 4:19pm On May 04, 2017
TheVictorious:

Let me ask you are question.

If your sister and someone else that you don't know who is "equally qualified" for a position applied and you were in the position to employ, who will you consider first? Please be honest.
the number one rule in business is never mix your family with your business.

Someone else I don't know will get the job. My sister wouldn't even think to apply at my work place. She wouldn't even let me apply at her school when I wanted to write JAMB

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by safarigirl(f): 4:22pm On May 04, 2017
TheVictorious:

What you are calling connection is simply information and safarigirl is just hating. Now the truth is this: no company will employ an incompetent folk to the detriment of the company, even if his father owns the company. But when an individual from a particular university stands a better chance of getting employed simply because of information that can simply be because he is more current (Now look at the trend, individuals from Lagos and related regions are getting more employed. Apart from the fact that there are panoply of companies in this region, there is more access to information). Also if companies prefer to access only individuals from selected universities out of a big number of similarly informed others, that has to do with "reputation". Similar treatment is accorded to individuals that schooled in good reputable schools "abroad"; even though they may not necessarily be better. Which is why ivy league varsities always have a better employability as compared to their counterparts all over the world; even to a good number of ivy league institutions are fast dropping in substantial areas of academic ratings.

Did I hear you say it's not fair? Well, may be it is.... "for the company". Much amount of money is always spent in recruiting for vacant positions and going by such assumptions help the company reduce the cost of doing so by screening out unworthy candidates. What if there are worthy and better candidates among them? Again, this goes by probability, there is a greater probability that there will be "more" worthy candidates from the more reputable institutions than the less reputable ones, or even the ones who don't give a dams about their reputation and in like manner, the probability of getting unwanted candidates from a less reputed varsity is higher than from a well reputed one.

They should have also included Lagos business school to prove what I'm talking about. Another example; ABUAD at the moment is much ahead of Babcock in Research, and academic indices but Babcock is there and ABUAD is not (majority of people reading this now may even be asking what is "abuad"wink. Why? Reputation!
hating on employees? I pity them

I do not plan to answer anybody "yes sir"...so, far be it that I am hating on someone who is serving others.

We do not all want to work regular jobs and retire to regular pension, some of us have greater ambitions

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by Nobody: 4:24pm On May 04, 2017
thesuave10:

Please do you have the full report, I couldn't download it online
you are meant to input your email on their website and they wld send it to your email. if that doesn't work then send me a msg on nairaland and I wld send you the one they sent to my mail.
Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by Nobody: 4:45pm On May 04, 2017
safarigirl:
hating on employees? I pity them

I do not plan to answer anybody "yes sir"...so, far be it that I am hating on someone who is serving others.

We do not all want to work regular jobs and retire to regular pension, some of us have greater ambitions
You do well by aspiring for greater ambitions however if your motivation for going the Entrepreneurial way is so you don't have someone boss you around then you need to think again because having a business doesn't exclude you from that either.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by Smartbinidude: 4:52pm On May 04, 2017
....truth is, almost every engineering graduate in shell, chevron, total, Exxon, nlng graduated from UNIBEN
Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by jhurney(m): 4:53pm On May 04, 2017
TheVictorious:

And those who schooled in more expensive universities not mentioned here don't have the money to be employed
more expensive universities?
examples sir...in Nigeria
Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by thesuave10(m): 5:04pm On May 04, 2017
Statsocial:

you are meant to input your email on their website and they wld send it to your email. if that doesn't work then send me a msg on nairaland and I wld send you the one they sent to my mail.

Yh.. .i tried that. Still didn't work. Just sent you a mail via nairaland

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by safarigirl(f): 5:06pm On May 04, 2017
Statsocial:
You do well by aspiring for greater ambitions however if your motivation for going the Entrepreneurial way is so you don't have someone boss you around then you need to think again because having a business doesn't exclude you from that either.
I'm not trying to be an entrepreneur.

Don't worry, my line of work has no space for a boss. I do my own thing at my own time
Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by ephi123(f): 5:15pm On May 04, 2017
What was the criteria used to arrive at this list?
Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by nwakibie3(m): 5:44pm On May 04, 2017
I have never seen a CU graduate looking for. Job

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by mayowa1111: 5:52pm On May 04, 2017
sure OAU will b among d top 3
Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by Trexnemesis(m): 6:03pm On May 04, 2017
Statsocial:

Meaning?

Ojoro dey there!
Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by Nobody: 6:04pm On May 04, 2017
thesuave10:

Yh.. .i tried that. Still didn't work. Just sent you a mail via nairaland
I have now sent it to your email.
Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by aod1(m): 6:16pm On May 04, 2017
Great futa!!!
Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by thesuave10(m): 6:26pm On May 04, 2017
Statsocial:

I have now sent it to your email.

Alright man. Thanks a lot I've got it

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by osothermal(m): 6:29pm On May 04, 2017
So true, greatest futarians
Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by micxwell(m): 6:51pm On May 04, 2017
wristbangle:

The connection I mean is in terms of asking for their resumes. After screening and all that, they pick those who scale through but why not give such opportunity to other school graduates.

As for oil sector, the CU graduates work in their administrative/finance dept but engineering dept often comes from UI, UNILAG, Unaab, uniport, Uniben, OAU, Nsukka graduates.
Who will dispute the above? undecided I want to see!
Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by amuijiji: 7:12pm On May 04, 2017
This is Fraud!!!!!

Seeing EKSU nd OOU on that list compromised the whole list...

My colleague frm EKSU wiv 2.2 but can't write a sentence, he only contributes to discussion when yoruba is the lingua franca...

A "would" be gal fwend of 400 level OOU wrote me a letter nd believe me, I almost drowned trying to code the supposed love letter...
Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by ShilohB: 7:15pm On May 04, 2017
Useless post

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by micxwell(m): 7:15pm On May 04, 2017
obataokenwa:
I remember my first day as account officer, this particular woman has worked for abt twenty years in acct dept without even school cert. She taught me all... starting from how to prepare salary account, how to use Sage Pastel Evolution and all. From that moment I knew that first degree is just to teach u smartness cos in real workplace, the school u finish from is not the criteria to to know it without been led by a subordinate. reasons why companies advertise for years of experience. No school is better, but individual development matters and how fast one can fix in the work place
God bless you for this explanation. That's what I tell people; your first degree is just to show that you can read and write. What you make of it is your business. That's why it is very important to be humble when you get employed as a young graduate cos someone with NABTEB may be the one that will put you through.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by Optimist88(m): 7:17pm On May 04, 2017
Fayose made it to number 6! Team EKSU!
Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by Optimist88(m): 7:23pm On May 04, 2017
amuijiji:
This is Fraud!!!!!

Seeing EKSU nd OOU on that list compromised the whole list...

My colleague frm EKSU wiv 2.2 but can't write a sentence, he only contributes to discussion when yoruba is the lingua franca...

A "would" be gal fwend of 400 level OOU wrote me a letter nd believe me, I almost drowned trying to code the supposed love letter...
Don't you think using 'decode ' will be more appropriate instead of 'code' Mr. Oxford?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by Amigos12(m): 7:39pm On May 04, 2017
Why do I have this feeling that this research is not verified?
Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by CXLVII: 7:43pm On May 04, 2017

Rubbish list!

Quilox and Rumours should top the list

Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by Missmossy(f): 8:00pm On May 04, 2017
KingyKing:

Stutern is owned by kehinde and Taiwo ayanleye.
Exactly was wondering if its the same Stutern i know that provides internship opportunities. I don't know when Obiagelli became the owner of Stutern. Obviously this write up is overflawed right from the very beginning. Mr OP get your facts rightly next time before you are sued undecided
Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by SAMTOBIJU(m): 8:08pm On May 04, 2017
8kingz:
Ilorin, unilorin Ur torch shall guide us upward and onward Ilorin, unilorin Our alma mata we sing.
GREATEST UNILORITE.MY ALMA MATA...
Re: Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern by xxgig(m): 8:26pm On May 04, 2017
hardbody:

I did not graduate from any of the unis stated in that report but guess what, i have employed some graduates from some of those institutions, plus a number of my guys from my uni are holding down executive management positions in A rated institutions.

These silly posts will soon compell me to even stop recruiting some of these graduates. I recently employed a graduate from one of those mentioned unis and i am presently going through the basics of the profession with her. She even had to confess that she won't recommend her uni to anyone based on the course she studied.

People deceiving people. Keep at it.
I'll really appreciate, If you could recruit me too. I am a graduate of UniBen and I s studied chemical engineering. Here is my email: isaacesez@yahoo.com thanks

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Police Arrest Officer, Nwachukwu Chinedu, Who Raped Abia Poly Student (Video) / 10 Year Old Nigerian Girl Accepted In Uk University To Study Maths Degree / Why Do Some School Teachers Sleep With Students?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.