Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,640 members, 7,820,250 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:07 PM

How To Move On After Getting Sacked - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Move On After Getting Sacked (18816 Views)

How To Identify A Good Recruiter From A Fake/mediocre One / "Don't Ever Take No For An Answer" - Pretty Lady Says After Getting A Job.Photos / Tips: How To Say Sorry When Running Late For An Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Move On After Getting Sacked by mecussey(m): 5:15pm On Mar 20, 2021
From 2015 till now, millions have lost there job. Most of them became bandits, some hoodlums, some Yahoo professionals and some Amotekun. The fact is the country is nose diving, all the engines have failed and everybody is waiting for the crash. If you are sharp its better to jump out of the Air bus, anywhere you land, you take. If you are lucky land inside water, at least you go see fish chop. if you land on top tree, you will see fruit chop, if you land inside bush, you battle it out with predators and eat or be eating but if you land inside desert, find your way. However, if you remain inside that plane, na only wailing and shouting you go dey shout till the dooms day so, take a decision now bc, many are still losing jobs.

2 Likes

Re: How To Move On After Getting Sacked by carbony4red(m): 5:15pm On Mar 20, 2021
Very timely
Re: How To Move On After Getting Sacked by Emmadoc: 5:17pm On Mar 20, 2021
Working 9 to 5 is great until your employer wakes up on the wrong side of his bed, and say right to your face, YOUR ARE FIRED!

2 Likes

Re: How To Move On After Getting Sacked by Buffalo2(m): 5:18pm On Mar 20, 2021
It's not as easy my brother. I lost my job same time ds thread was created. Although I had some amount in my account to carry on with life for a while but the psychological effect of losing my job made me lose weight almost immediately. The best is to pray for grace to bear the shock and the resultant effect.

4 Likes

Re: How To Move On After Getting Sacked by Cutecharlz(m): 5:18pm On Mar 20, 2021
what kind of business can one venture into with savings of 700k after job loss? Note: Business that can bring in daily or weekly stipends. Comments please
Re: How To Move On After Getting Sacked by silvoclaira: 5:21pm On Mar 20, 2021
Nice one from year 2017
Re: How To Move On After Getting Sacked by kingandamy4life(m): 5:22pm On Mar 20, 2021
Hello guys.this guy made a valid point. But one problem we always have is we never invest while we re working. You see amazing opportunities and you think your salary is God to you. Learn to invest. Your salary is a seed. No job in Nigeria has security.I lost my job but the investment I made is keeping me on and am not sure I want to even work for anybody. Guys invest and if you need a good investment advise you can hola at me
Re: How To Move On After Getting Sacked by jeff1607(m): 5:25pm On Mar 20, 2021
philosophie:
so much for being a job fanatic. we can create jobs instead of looking for job. Think of being your own boss, nobody can sack you.

Job or business owners sleep less

They carry more risk

Starting a business isn't as easy as it sounds,

As for the part no one can sack you; business also collapse it happens

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Move On After Getting Sacked by Vaughanlanrewaj: 5:28pm On Mar 20, 2021
Great write up OP.
In reality, people don't move on. There is a part of the company that stays in you forever.It does not matter if you got sacked or retired. For some, they even met their eventual life partners at work.For latest freestuffs, www.freestuffsng.com
Re: How To Move On After Getting Sacked by b0rn2fuck(m): 5:31pm On Mar 20, 2021
davidbanner:
Thank you. This is a good piece.

I just lost my job of 6 months.. I've been sore depressed �.

Thank you!!!
wetin we wey no get job and still dey manage game center and street hustle by ourselves wan do nko? We never even think of applying for job self ,
Re: How To Move On After Getting Sacked by MrNipplesLover(m): 5:34pm On Mar 20, 2021
The females won't have much problem.

There's a business out there for them that can fetch them x50 of their salaries, and they'll still enjoy pleasure and orgasms while doing the business.

Double profits.

I great all the FUTURE here.

1 Like

Re: How To Move On After Getting Sacked by Lilpen3758: 5:36pm On Mar 20, 2021
b0rn2fuck:
wetin we wey no get job and still dey manage game center and street hustle by ourselves wan do nko? We never even think of applying for job self ,
Oga, dey life no easy ooh......
Re: How To Move On After Getting Sacked by eddieguru(m): 5:36pm On Mar 20, 2021
GIANTPLUSHUB:
Mheen! 2017 thread hits Frontpage. Indeed, dry bone can rise again grin grin
... I'm still trying to understand grin grin cheesy
Re: How To Move On After Getting Sacked by Nobody: 5:37pm On Mar 20, 2021
saphiere:
What of how to completely move on after a breakup?
This one is more important and affects one's mental health than job sack. I've been reading articles upon articles.
You're a f0ol for quoting the op's post.....hw senseless can ur specie be angry
Re: How To Move On After Getting Sacked by Offpoint1: 5:43pm On Mar 20, 2021
This one old threads hitting front page lately, hope is well with Nairaland mods?
Re: How To Move On After Getting Sacked by BIODAVY(m): 5:59pm On Mar 20, 2021
There are better opportunities in online home based business.
Eg. Get a mentor to teach you how to trade Volatility Index. You will be making money within a week.
Think Freelancing, Online Forex Trading, Crypto Trading/Investing, Affiliate Marketing, CPA, Data Proceeding, CPA etc
Re: How To Move On After Getting Sacked by BIODAVY(m): 6:00pm On Mar 20, 2021
BIODAVY:
There are better opportunities in online home based business.
Eg. Get a mentor to teach you how to trade Volatility Index. You will be making money within a week.
Think Freelancing, Online Forex Trading, Crypto Trading/Investing, Affiliate Marketing, CPA, Data Proceeding, CPA etc

Re: How To Move On After Getting Sacked by Zivaharry(m): 6:01pm On Mar 20, 2021
What about not liking your job......as a teacher, I resigned last year December, I don't have another job yet....I feel so sad each time I come to school, as if I don't belong there....... again, the salary is never enough to take care of my self, let alone saving or giving someone..... Though, I quickly learn how to do poultry feeds( no money to start it yet)......so I ask, is it proper to quit a job u don't like without having another yet?
Re: How To Move On After Getting Sacked by SSJ360: 6:01pm On Mar 20, 2021
The truth is everybody cannot be CEO. And mind you it's not easy establishing a business here in Naija now o.
Re: How To Move On After Getting Sacked by Eddodoh(m): 6:11pm On Mar 20, 2021
kingandamy4life:
Hello guys.this guy made a valid point. But one problem we always have is we never invest while we re working. You see amazing opportunities and you think your salary is God to you. Learn to invest. Your salary is a seed. No job in Nigeria has security.I lost my job but the investment I made is keeping me on and am not sure I want to even work for anybody. Guys invest and if you need a good investment advise you can hola at me
What kind of investment will u suggest cos I once did Phones & Accessories Business but it crashed.

1 Like

Re: How To Move On After Getting Sacked by Nobody: 6:16pm On Mar 20, 2021
kingandamy4life:

Better to put the investment advice here.
Re: How To Move On After Getting Sacked by IvarDboneless: 6:18pm On Mar 20, 2021
G
Re: How To Move On After Getting Sacked by fortune1968: 6:53pm On Mar 20, 2021
Im a private school teacher . I ve lost count of the number of times I lost my job _ from an average school to a good school , to a bad school . It is more or less like a crime to be a private school teacher in Nigeria . You will be threatened , cheated , and sacked unnecessarily . Thank God , I know a little about my mother's business - foodstuffs . That's what I do to survive with part time teaching occasionally .
Now , that I have my own little accommodation , I'm planning to establish the business fully . It really sustained me during COVID-19 . Especially the palm oil trading aspect of it . I don't really care much about the salary again . It has gotten to a stage that I now sack any school that misbehave to me knowing fully that I have my private hustle .
Please , never depend fully on salary except you are a government employee .. private organizations are shit in Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: How To Move On After Getting Sacked by Zico5(m): 7:05pm On Mar 20, 2021
There is need to worry especially if you have no skills. This make it a year I collected salary last due to covid-19. I dusted myself up immediately and move on. I'm doing fine with vocation I have left for years.
Re: How To Move On After Getting Sacked by KillaBeans(m): 7:11pm On Mar 20, 2021
Lost my job 4months ago and fully into cryptocurrency trading for now. It's been cool so far though
Re: How To Move On After Getting Sacked by Ojugunrege(f): 7:14pm On Mar 20, 2021
kingandamy4life:

Hello bro, this is me hollering at you for good investment advise. Mentor/coach a sister cheesy
Re: How To Move On After Getting Sacked by Ekpekus(m): 7:18pm On Mar 20, 2021
philosophie:
so much for being a job fanatic. we can create jobs instead of looking for job. Think of being your own boss, nobody can sack you.
That is what we were told growing up. Currently, a job owner can be sacked either by customers/clients; competitors; government policies and natural disasters.
So, saying no one can sacked a job owner is a fallacy

1 Like

Re: How To Move On After Getting Sacked by stanliwise(m): 7:26pm On Mar 20, 2021
saphiere:
What of how to completely move on after a breakup?
This one is more important and affects one's mental health than job sack. I've been reading articles upon articles.
you have make reevaluations.
Re: How To Move On After Getting Sacked by Lamasta(m): 7:27pm On Mar 20, 2021
God no go shame us o, life goes on
Re: How To Move On After Getting Sacked by sulaiboy20(m): 7:32pm On Mar 20, 2021
Ekpekus:

That is what we were told growing up. Currently, a job owner can be sacked either by customers/clients; competitors; government policies and natural disasters.
So, saying no one can sacked a job owner is a fallacy
if you are competent more than the job owner. you can sack the job owner. the job owner will like you to take over immediately

1 Like

Re: How To Move On After Getting Sacked by stanliwise(m): 7:39pm On Mar 20, 2021
Zivaharry:
What about not liking your job......as a teacher, I resigned last year December, I don't have another job yet....I feel so sad each time I come to school, as if I don't belong there....... again, the salary is never enough to take care of my self, let alone saving or giving someone..... Though, I quickly learn how to do poultry feeds( no money to start it yet)......so I ask, is it proper to quit a job u don't like without having another yet?
Definitely, you have to quit something you don’t like, don’t let anyone talk things into your head.
When you actually don’t fit into a place there is always a cold feeling you have.
Just like when a fish is on the land, no matter what you try to do, getting back into water will be the ultimate solution.

Now here are some reasons why you shouldn’t leave.

If your lack of comfort ain’t anything related to the Job Per se because many time wobbling feelings sometimes comes from other source e.g
Mid-life crisis
Social issues
Temperamental issues

In other words, the issues are personal issues and not anything linked to the job but they just affect you as a person. The only solution is to go for counseling treatment and find help.

Second reason is you’re learning, many time bad feelings are as a result of not having just enough experience to perform smoothly and if this is the issue I advise you turn on your learning spirit and be patient, things will get better as you begin to find experience.

Lastly, if such job gives you an environment to grow and develop your personal skills. Most jobs don’t give you room or breathing space to do any self improvement, you only work and work and then go home tired. But if you get a job flexible enough. Hang on and develop yourself with pace. In no time you will become a master of something and will quit gracefully.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

80k In Ikoyi With Pension And HMO Or 80k In Ikeja With No Benefits / Legitimate Online Jobs In Nigeria / Four Reasons Your CV Might Not Get Past The Receptionist!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.