Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,997 members, 7,814,404 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

Dubai Becomes First City To Get Its Own Microsoft Font - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dubai Becomes First City To Get Its Own Microsoft Font (885 Views)

Wanderlust Adventure From Benin City To The World / Dong Hoi Car Rental With Driver / Abeokuta Ranked Fourth Worst City To Live In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dubai Becomes First City To Get Its Own Microsoft Font by husnath(m): 8:29pm On May 04, 2017
Not content with having the world's tallest building and biggest shopping centre, Dubai has become the first city to get its own Microsoft designed font.
The typeface comes in both Latin and Arabic script, and will be available in 23 languages.
Government bodies have been told to use it in official correspondence.
But given the human rights record of Dubai and the United Arab Emirates, eyebrows will be raised at claims it is a font of "self-expression".
'Create harmony' Dubai's Crown Prince Hamdan bin Mohammed al-Maktoum said he had been personally involved in "all the stages" of the development of the font. It was "a very important step for us as part of our continuous efforts to be ranked first in the digital world," he added.
"We are confident that this new font and its unique specifications will prove popular among other fonts used online and in smart technologies across the world".
Dubai's government said the typeface's design "reflects modernity and is inspired by the city" and "was designed to create harmony between Latin and Arabic".
When self expression isn't usually your type
"Self-expression is an art form," says the blurb accompanying the launch of this font .
"Through it you share who you are, what you think and how you feel to the world. To do so you need a medium capable of capturing the nuances of everything you have to say.
"The Dubai Font does exactly that. It is a new global medium for self-expression."

Re: Dubai Becomes First City To Get Its Own Microsoft Font by illusionsbyafo(m): 8:31pm On May 04, 2017
Booked
Re: Dubai Becomes First City To Get Its Own Microsoft Font by wahles(m): 8:33pm On May 04, 2017
Fp
Re: Dubai Becomes First City To Get Its Own Microsoft Font by Nobody: 8:39pm On May 04, 2017
Nice, though it's not the first City
Re: Dubai Becomes First City To Get Its Own Microsoft Font by Greatigbos(f): 9:13pm On May 04, 2017
Dubia is a beautiful country but not my type of country I want to travel to
Re: Dubai Becomes First City To Get Its Own Microsoft Font by thesicilian: 9:14pm On May 04, 2017
At the rate Dubai is going, they may soon start making calls without phones.
Re: Dubai Becomes First City To Get Its Own Microsoft Font by Malayy(m): 10:14pm On May 04, 2017
Greatigbos:
dubai is not a country. nne
Re: Dubai Becomes First City To Get Its Own Microsoft Font by Nobody: 8:28am On May 05, 2017
Greatigbos:
Dubai is a city in UAE. wink

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Best Country(city) To Live In??? / Photos: Nigerian Railway Corporation Enugu Abandoned And In Terrible State / Pls House, Can I Use An Enterprise For A Schengen Visa?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.