Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,896 members, 7,814,027 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:53 AM

Rachael Malonson Wins Miss Black US And African-American Women Are Unhappy - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Rachael Malonson Wins Miss Black US And African-American Women Are Unhappy (50303 Views)

Nyekachi Douglas Reacts As Toni-Ann Singh, Miss Jamaica Wins Miss World / Zozibini Tunzi Wins Miss Universe 2019 (Photos, Video) / Manushi Chhillar, Miss India Wins Miss World 2017 (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rachael Malonson Wins Miss Black US And African-American Women Are Unhappy by davicool: 8:45am On May 05, 2017
let them be more mad, we still have albinos that are black. yeye people

3 Likes

Re: Rachael Malonson Wins Miss Black US And African-American Women Are Unhappy by martineverest(m): 8:46am On May 05, 2017
epospiky:
lol. It's obvious. She is more of white.
mtchewww...ryan giggs,michael scoffield,nicole richie arent blacks abi?

1 Like

Re: Rachael Malonson Wins Miss Black US And African-American Women Are Unhappy by marabout(m): 8:46am On May 05, 2017
Is there anything/anybody those people are not mad at?

The main thing is is she officially categorised as black?

Obama is 50% black but we are happy to call him black.If he had claimed white, they would have been mega mad at him too. shocked

2 Likes

Re: Rachael Malonson Wins Miss Black US And African-American Women Are Unhappy by Structuralman: 8:47am On May 05, 2017
Rachael’s mum is white while her dad is half white and half black. Many feel she’s not qualified to win but then again, the pageant which has been hosted for 35 years at the University[b] is open to all women who have some black genealogical history.[/b]

They made a rule and she won. Why are they complaining?

2 Likes

Re: Rachael Malonson Wins Miss Black US And African-American Women Are Unhappy by Nobody: 8:49am On May 05, 2017
marabout:

Obama is 50% black but we are happy to call him black.If he had claimed white, they would have been mega mad at him too. shocked

Obama is MIXED. Half caste. Her mum is white and her dad is mixed. She's 25% black.

The show is to represent black beauty standards that are not represented in the media. So of course they are angry if even that is represented by a person most young black girls can't look up to!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rachael Malonson Wins Miss Black US And African-American Women Are Unhappy by Basfaq(m): 8:53am On May 05, 2017
Live the trash for lawma,jealousness is being created with human being. grin

Guys if anybody interested in exporting business to make cool money for himself should contact me.I have an ideal that can fetch us money within a month time period.

1 Like

Re: Rachael Malonson Wins Miss Black US And African-American Women Are Unhappy by juman(m): 8:54am On May 05, 2017
EddyNumerouno:

But when a Nigerian girl won Miss teen Iceland, you all were celebrating. I smell double standards.

She has 'black' in her genealogy, so that qualifies her
Re: Rachael Malonson Wins Miss Black US And African-American Women Are Unhappy by bakynes(m): 8:55am On May 05, 2017
These things happen I don't know if I shd say the organisers did the right thing or not.

An Igbo lady recently won Miss Ologe Lagos but what qualifies her?she is not Yoruba neither is Lagos her state of Origin. But because she was probably born in Lagos and raised in Lagos that made her qualify to be winner of Miss Ologe Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Rachael Malonson Wins Miss Black US And African-American Women Are Unhappy by bewla(m): 8:55am On May 05, 2017
she get origin black

1 Like

Re: Rachael Malonson Wins Miss Black US And African-American Women Are Unhappy by juman(m): 8:57am On May 05, 2017
marabout:

I think it was reported that some black leaders said at a point he was not black enough.

1 Like

Re: Rachael Malonson Wins Miss Black US And African-American Women Are Unhappy by absoluteSuccess: 9:03am On May 05, 2017
NnamdiiKanu:

What's black about that lady ??

I live in the USA and I've seen​ all shades of Black people, the light skinned ones, the curly hair ones, every type of Black people

Jidenna is light skinned but you don't need a prophet to tell you that he's black

Drake is also a black man with light skin

Tania omotayo

Tekno

These are different color of black people that are light skinned

That lady right there is not anything black, not even mixed, not even a mulatto

You might as well call Donald Trump a black person

But she's not the only contestant. She has black genes too.

2 Likes

Re: Rachael Malonson Wins Miss Black US And African-American Women Are Unhappy by TerrorSquad147: 9:06am On May 05, 2017
EddyNumerouno:

But when a Nigerian girl won Miss teen Iceland, you all were celebrating. I smell double standards.

GBAM!!!

1 Like

Re: Rachael Malonson Wins Miss Black US And African-American Women Are Unhappy by Airee: 9:06am On May 05, 2017
She must be bleached white, was black maybe.
Re: Rachael Malonson Wins Miss Black US And African-American Women Are Unhappy by TerrorSquad147: 9:06am On May 05, 2017
traware:
@OP The average black american woman is always "mad" and agressive because they have a high level of testosterone in their bodies.So i am not surprised when they get "mad" at nothing not even worth getting "mad" at
I tire oo

1 Like

Re: Rachael Malonson Wins Miss Black US And African-American Women Are Unhappy by TerrorSquad147: 9:07am On May 05, 2017
NnamdiiKanu:

Shut up

It's very disrespectful to address that lady as a black lady

Do you know what being black is ??

Why not call Donald Trump a black man

This is the reason why i don't talk to kids, many of you think through your asses
bros who's squeezing your balls this morning?

1 Like

Re: Rachael Malonson Wins Miss Black US And African-American Women Are Unhappy by TerrorSquad147: 9:09am On May 05, 2017
martineverest:
mtchewww...ryan giggs,michael scoffield,nicole richie arent blacks abi?
which Giggs?? Abi you just want to post rubbish? undecided

1 Like

Re: Rachael Malonson Wins Miss Black US And African-American Women Are Unhappy by samsard(m): 9:11am On May 05, 2017
martineverest:
racism at its peak..i keep saying it, african americans are d biggest racists in US

from their foolish idealogy,mariah carey,amber rose,ryan giggs,michael scoffield,derek jeter,blake griffin,nicole richie etc must be white ppl abi?

Same things dey said to vivica cox when she won miss america and she almost committed suicide
I understand she has part black ancestry, but this lady is 75% white. Call it racism or what you want, but there's hardly anything black about her.
Always trying to be politically correct doesn't help matters.

3 Likes

Re: Rachael Malonson Wins Miss Black US And African-American Women Are Unhappy by Nobody: 9:12am On May 05, 2017
bakynes:
These things happen I don't know if I shd say the organisers did the right thing or not.

An Igbo lady recently won Miss Ologe Lagos but what qualifies her?she is not Yoruba neither is Lagos her state of Origin. But because she was probably born in Lagos and raised in Lagos that made her qualify to be winner of Miss Ologe Lagos.

OK that's sth else nau
Re: Rachael Malonson Wins Miss Black US And African-American Women Are Unhappy by Eddiecute86(m): 9:14am On May 05, 2017
traware:
@OP The average black american woman is always "mad" and agressive because they have a high level of testosterone in their bodies.So i am not surprised when they get "mad" at nothing not even worth getting "mad" at

Easy bros.. What is testosterone doing in females body in the first place ? or do you mean progesterone?..Bio 101
Re: Rachael Malonson Wins Miss Black US And African-American Women Are Unhappy by Nobody: 9:14am On May 05, 2017
absoluteSuccess:

Fuccking black dicks doesn't make you have black genes
Re: Rachael Malonson Wins Miss Black US And African-American Women Are Unhappy by Nobody: 9:16am On May 05, 2017
traware:

Oh stop the ridiculous stupid stereotypes! Why do you think black men are killed everyday
BECAUSE THEY ARE TERMED AS BEING AGGRESSIVE

So are you aggressive? Are you a criminal?

3 Likes

Re: Rachael Malonson Wins Miss Black US And African-American Women Are Unhappy by phynofino: 9:22am On May 05, 2017
Nothing wrong ifshe has a black Father! which one is half white half black again ?
I am happy the girl identified with her Black side! ndi ala

1 Like

Re: Rachael Malonson Wins Miss Black US And African-American Women Are Unhappy by Nobody: 9:23am On May 05, 2017
absoluteSuccess:

It's not about having black genes!

There are very few black models because they do not represent the white beauty standards that's is why there's a Miss Black. So young girls will see someone like them on TV, someone to look up to. We all know the only ways blacks are represented in media, are as being aggressive etc. This why stuffs like thus exist! There's even a black TV

How does she represent being black? Where's her kinky hair, where's her full lips?

How does she make young girls EMBRACE their being black

1 Like

Re: Rachael Malonson Wins Miss Black US And African-American Women Are Unhappy by mikewills(m): 9:27am On May 05, 2017
lovelygurl:

Obama is MIXED. Half caste. Her mum is white and her dad is mixed. She's 25% black.

The show is to represent black beauty standards that are not represented in the media? So of course they are angry if even that is represented by a person most young black girls can't look up to!

So 50% is "mixed" but 75% is not "mixed:...brosss.

Anyway, In the US, a "single drop" of black blood makes you a black person.

1 Like

Re: Rachael Malonson Wins Miss Black US And African-American Women Are Unhappy by marabout(m): 9:27am On May 05, 2017
lovelygurl:

The show is to represent black beauty standards that are not represented in the media? So of course they are angry if even that is represented by a person most young black girls can't look up to!
Very invalid.

Our own dear Agbani won Miss world, how many Chinese women (around 700 million people), Indian women (around 620 million people) and many other non-black people can look up to Agbani in their own world?

I for one from a pure vanity point of view find a black to slightly light skin tone lady most attractive. It does not mean that I'd not admire a pretty Caucasian or Asian lady.

Blacks or mixed race kids are winning beauty pageants in Japan, Iceland, etc.

We ourselves must try to avoid double standard, because we easily complain about others doing it.
People need to build their self-esteem by themselves (in the family, community, etc), nobody else will do it for you.
Re: Rachael Malonson Wins Miss Black US And African-American Women Are Unhappy by mizzyboy007: 9:29am On May 05, 2017
EddyNumerouno:

The question here is, after the whole celebration and all, will she accept that she is a black woman?

1 Like

Re: Rachael Malonson Wins Miss Black US And African-American Women Are Unhappy by Nobody: 9:29am On May 05, 2017
mikewills:

So 50% is "mixed" but 75% is not "mixed:...brosss.

Anyway, In the US, a "single drop" of black blood makes you a black person.

Mixed as being 50% black and 50% white. The reason I said half caste and not quarter caste undecided
Re: Rachael Malonson Wins Miss Black US And African-American Women Are Unhappy by Revolva(m): 9:32am On May 05, 2017
mum is white while her dad is half white and half black.

wow she aint even half black.....well thats america problem to me she aint black....at all

martineverest:
racism at its peak..i keep saying it, african americans are d biggest racists in US

from their foolish idealogy,mariah carey,amber rose,ryan giggs,michael scoffield,derek jeter,blake griffin,nicole richie etc must be white ppl abi?

Same things dey said to vivica cox when she won miss america and she almost committed suicide

look by environment ryan giggs maria carey scofield nicole richie are white..folks to me......i dont label dem black cos they dont think black....
Re: Rachael Malonson Wins Miss Black US And African-American Women Are Unhappy by Youpele52: 9:33am On May 05, 2017
Black Americans are more racial than whites.

1 Like

Re: Rachael Malonson Wins Miss Black US And African-American Women Are Unhappy by Nobody: 9:36am On May 05, 2017
marabout:

Very invalid.

Our own dear Agbani won Miss world, how many Chinese women (around 700 million people), Indian women (around 620 million people) and many other non-black people can look up to Agbani in their own world?

I for one from a pure vanity point of view find a black to slightly light skin tone lady most attractive. It does not mean that I'd not admire a pretty Caucasian or Asian lady.

Blacks or mixed race kids are winning beauty pageants in Japan, Iceland, etc.

We ourselves must try to avoid double standard, because we easily complain about others doing it.
People need to build their self-esteem by themselves (in the family, community, etc), nobody else will do it for you.

Miss World is about womem from DIFFERENT COUNTRIES, different races. Not Miss Black. Nobody is saying others are ugly or sth.

The media is very powerful. There are very few who represent the black people. Do you think if people of darker shades were present in the media like the lighter ones, there wouldn't be less people who bleach
Re: Rachael Malonson Wins Miss Black US And African-American Women Are Unhappy by absoluteSuccess: 9:37am On May 05, 2017
lovelygurl:

It's not about having black genes!

There are very few black models because they do not represent the white beauty standards that's is why there's a Miss Black. So young girls will see someone like them on TV, someone to look up to. We all know the only ways blacks are represented in media, are as being aggressive etc. This why stuffs like thus exist! There's even a black TV

How does she represent being black? Where's her kinky hair, where's her full lips?

How does she make young girls EMBRACE their being black

I understand that, but there will always be an exception to the rule. The pageant has not just begun, who has been winning?

I think the media stunt to generate rave for this pageantry gave birth to this 'exception', the 'rule' can always wait till next year.
Re: Rachael Malonson Wins Miss Black US And African-American Women Are Unhappy by kennyslim1(m): 9:44am On May 05, 2017
okevibes:
African American women are mad that this lady won Miss Black US…lol
This lady, Rachael Malonson, who looks more white than black won the 2017 Miss Black University of Texas pageant which held yesterday March 3rd and some African American women are livid. Lol

Rachael’s mum is white while her dad is half white and half black. Many feel she’s not qualified to win but then again, the pageant which has been hosted for 35 years at the University is open to all women who have some black genealogical history.

http://www.sungist.info/african-american-women-lady-won-miss-black-us/

I don't think she's qualify na...she's white!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lady’s Body Transformation Photos Got Men Talking / Tailors Strike Swiftly As They Re-create Knockoff Version Of Ebuka's Agbada / Man Covers His Unclothedness With His Long Braid Beard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.